Gears 5 - Before You Buy

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 weeks ago '12        #26
OldBusiness  187 heat pts187
space
space
$32,389 | Props total: 64353 64353
 Blaffy said
Gears 5 is gonna be on game pass
I thought game pass doesn't do brand new games
All xbox exclusives debut first on gamepass. This isnt anything new
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #27
CupOfNoodles  3 heat pts3
space
space
$3,881 | Props total: 3518 3518
Game will launch but cant connect to servers for sh*t
+2   

2 weeks ago '08        #28
dwise919 
space
space
$4,955 | Props total: 7659 7659
Game is absolute flames fu*k the haters
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #29
PeeKwod 
space
space
$2,145 | Props total: 3675 3675
 CupOfNoodles said
Game will launch but cant connect to servers for sh*t
probably hella mfs trying to get on same time IJS
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #30
Truthseeker007 
space
space
space
$1,017 | Props total: 1611 1611
 Truthseeker007 said
I remember when I played my sister BF in GOW 1 at their house. This n*gga got in my a*s because he played that shyt to death. n*gga had a nerd a*s laugh and taunted me when I got hit with the chainsaw. Never touched that shyt again. Just seemed corny to me after going 1v1 with him for a while.

I tried to challenge him in some Madden, but he said he dont fukk with it. I'm like yeah, cause you know I'll get in your a*s on that. Nerd type of n*gga, but he worked for Lucas Films.
I'll be honest, I was feeling GOW when it first came out. First game I played in HD. Blood splattered on the screen from the chainsaw, it was something new. I haven't seen much of the new GOW 5, but it honestly looks the same as part 1, just updated graphics.

Edit: my dumbass quoted the wrong post.

2 weeks ago '08        #31
CupOfNoodles  3 heat pts3
space
space
$3,881 | Props total: 3518 3518
Parties are now capped at 3 thats bullsh*t
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #32
DEATH  72 heat pts72
space
space
space
$24,176 | Props total: 5269 5269
Versus not working much tonight
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #33
OldBusiness  187 heat pts187
space
space
$32,389 | Props total: 64353 64353
Wow the colors theyre using really pop at 4k hdr. Got it.on the 70 inch sammy goin in
+3   

2 weeks ago '13        #34
Thongsong19  6 heat pts6
space
space
$19,737 | Props total: 22552 22552
gunna try this soon hopefully the servers arnt acting up still
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #35
mr_underground|m  2239 heat pts2239
space
space
$25,093 | Props total: 41269 41269
Can’t connect to the server...it’s probably slammed right now
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #36
Zaosyn  269 heat pts269
space
space
$15,900 | Props total: 5315 5315
Is this sh*t still a shotgun-fest online? Has that always been the meta online? I stopped playing back in Gears 2 I think. It was just shotguns everywhere.
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #37
WCIB  127 heat pts127
space
space
$27,880 | Props total: 15997 15997
@ what you think
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #38
kriskross00  137 heat pts137
space
space
$24,001 | Props total: 49922 49922
 precys said
If you've played the first Gears of Wars, you've played them all YES
If you've played the first Uncharted, you've played them all NO
If you've played the first God of War, you've played them all THE FIRST ONE IS NOTHING LIKE THE LAST ONE
If you've played the first The Last of Us, you've played them all HUH?
If you've played the first Tomb Raider, you've played them all THE FIRST ONE IS NOTHING LIKE THE LAST ONE
If you've played the first Sonic, you've played them all SONIC ADVENTURES? SONIC 3D? SONIC PINBALL? SONIC FORCES?
If you've played the first Mortal Kombat, you've played them all SHAOLIN MONKS? THE FIRST MK HAD XRAY MOVES? FATALITIES LIKE 10 AND 11?? MK4 WITH WEAPONS?
If you've played the first insert game, you've probably played them all

Not sure what that proves especially when the video posted explains how different it is from previous games and how it expanded but either way, there's no reason to have so much hate for the game just like any of the examples from the list. I just feel like the people that "don't like it" are only saying that because they.....well you know why

stop it
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #39
1Oh  9 heat pts9
space
space
$4,109 | Props total: 21233 21233
I was ready to go in on some Horde all night but these matchmaking servers are nonexistent. I got only one halfassed match in since 9pm.
+2   

2 weeks ago '13        #40
Thongsong19  6 heat pts6
space
space
$19,737 | Props total: 22552 22552
Started playing the story since the servers are acting up

Not far in but damn this game looks beautiful
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #41
Micheal C. Will  38 heat pts38
space
space
$33,341 | Props total: 35787 35787
Game is broken right now, servers are sh*t and audio chat with headsets don't work.

Campaign is good though. Only thing that works right now

Edit - I'm on PC for those wondering. Xbox Game pass, I'm also glad I didn't outright pay for this.

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 09-06-2019 at 03:55 AM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #42
bc718  86 heat pts86
space
space
space
$323 | Props total: 21 21
Campaign great so far. Act 2 tonight
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #43
Da Ill One|M  4605 heat pts4605
space
space
$45,615 | Props total: 5422 5422
 KeepinItTrill said
ay bro how's life post-surgery?

thought you were gonna make a thread but I guess you've been busy/recovering?
Yeah i meant too bro my bad.. been busy with kids and recovering. I'm doing pretty good man. Have a permanent limp and some discomfort (wouldn't call it pain per se) but i can walk again so that's awesome. I'd say I'm about 90-95% recovered. I still can't jump or stand on one foot, and running actually hurts. But im alive and walking so i can't be mad. Thanks for checkling up bro i appreciate it
+4   

2 weeks ago '07        #44
KeepinItTrill  46 heat pts46
space
space
$57,734 | Props total: 30645 30645
 Da Ill One said
Yeah i meant too bro my bad.. been busy with kids and recovering. I'm doing pretty good man. Have a permanent limp and some discomfort (wouldn't call it pain per se) but i can walk again so that's awesome. I'd say I'm about 90-95% recovered. I still can't jump or stand on one foot, and running actually hurts. But im alive and walking so i can't be mad. Thanks for checkling up bro i appreciate it
baby steps, one day at a time

glad you're doing alright for the most part
+5   

2 weeks ago '05        #45
precys  101 heat pts101
space
space
$5,836 | Props total: 12710 12710
 kriskross00 said
If you've played the first Gears of Wars, you've played them all YES
If you've played the first Uncharted, you've played them all NO
If you've played the first God of War, you've played them all THE FIRST ONE IS NOTHING LIKE THE LAST ONE
If you've played the first The Last of Us, you've played them all HUH?
If you've played the first Tomb Raider, you've played them all THE FIRST ONE IS NOTHING LIKE THE LAST ONE
If you've played the first Sonic, you've played them all SONIC ADVENTURES? SONIC 3D? SONIC PINBALL? SONIC FORCES?
If you've played the first Mortal Kombat, you've played them all SHAOLIN MONKS? THE FIRST MK HAD XRAY MOVES? FATALITIES LIKE 10 AND 11?? MK4 WITH WEAPONS?

stop it

All the Uncharted games and DLC are all the same and just a re-imaged Tomb Raider x100 and fun as fu*k

God of war's latest is the first time they changed it up but before that you literally had 6 god of wars that were all the same exact game across multiple platforms including portable just continuing the story but also amazing and never changed their formula.

The first gears of war is nothing like this 5th one if you want to use that defense for God of War.

All the new tomb raider reboots are basically the same thing just really good games and interchangable with uncharted but both are great games

Sonic you are naming a bunch of spin offs.

With MK, I'm starting at the reboots. I am trying to keep the tech the same also (2d pixel style and 3d style) because sometimes new things are added only because tech allowed, like the xrays, and it's not necessarily because of lack of creativity. Weapons? I thought we were talking about good changes that stuck around, not sh*tty gimmicks they kept trying to add before the reboot because they couldn't get their sh*t together. How about babalities, friendships, all the other bullsh*t "changes" they tried that didn't stick around? You wanna add those as "changes" also? Shaolin Monks? Why not mention Sub-Zero Mythologies also, I mean, if you just wanna argue because you hate Microsoft then you can keep making up extra sh*t if you like but you are literally reaching for failed projects outside of their main genre to prove your point now. Wiuld you include those Street f*ghter tetris like games if I would've mentioned Street f*ghter instead? Get fu*king real already

If you want to count the old ones, only the f*ghting games not spinoff platformers, then I agree with you. MK has changed dramatically and for the better. Pretty much the only reason I start from the reboots is because I was always a huge fan growing up but I felt like the story and idea was way better than the actual game until the reboots came out and it seemed like they finally got their sh*t together and not just a generic boring f*ghter.

Don't get it confused tho, the games I named on the list are some of my all time top favorite games just to prove that game formulas don't need to change much and that is why we go back to them most of the time because they do it right with added updates to them because we love the game the way it is. If it ain't broke then no need to fix it.

I'll even add if you played the first Halo, you've played them all but only the main series, not the spinoffs that are tower defense games or whatever they are. I'm not a fan of those style games so I'm sure I'll hate those lmao

I am only speaking of the their main genre style game that they are actually famous for doing. Not the spinoffs that were mostly crappy cash grabs never to be heard of again or on a sleeper list. Every game I named technically has added features each release but you can't pick and choose how extreme you wanna be picky with one group of games compared to another group just cause you hate Microsoft or xbox.

No sh*t the game will be different if it's focusing on a completely different genre of play lmfaoo That's like comparing Mario kart when we would be talking about the main 2d Mario platform series and how it's still a "2d" style platform or even comparing all the 3d platform series evolution as a separate group but we wouldn't be talking about Dr Mario, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Party, etc. Those are completely different genres of games as spin offs to use the characters. Nobody takes those MK or Sonic spinoffs seriously, only the main series.

I think Nintendo is the only company that can make a spin off and it be considered a top game of that genre. So how about you stop it and get off Sony's d*ck just cause they have amazing exclusives doesn't mean other people don't have amazing exclusives

+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #46
MayneThaTruth2  45 heat pts45
space
space
space
$4,886 | Props total: 5287 5287
 Blaffy said
Graphics look poor.

2 weeks ago '14        #47
504  1369 heat pts1369
space
space
$13,431 | Props total: 61912 61912
I use to be a beast with the shotgun couldn’t use the mini shot gun for some reason
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #48
Pretty Tone  5 heat pts5
space
space
$8,881 | Props total: 25780 25780
microsoft store is fu*kin trash. was too lazy to hook up the x1 and paid the price. been stuck at 16% install since 5 30 yesterday

1 week ago '04        #49
Ra-da-god  36 heat pts36
space
space
$13,437 | Props total: 4433 4433
 Truthseeker007 said
I'll be honest, I was feeling GOW when it first came out. First game I played in HD. Blood splattered on the screen from the chainsaw, it was something new. I haven't seen much of the new GOW 5, but it honestly looks the same as part 1, just updated graphics.

Edit: my dumbass quoted the wrong post.

New enemies
Open world aspects
Relic weapons
Rpg elements

Its come a LONG wsy from the first
+1   

1 week ago '16        #50
Understandable 
space
space
$203 | Props total: 200 200
Will play on game pass for $1 on PC. Never played any of the Gears games so will start with GOW 1and probably have to watch GOW 2 &3 on youtube since those games never came to PC
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+44online now  46
Video inside Da Baby getting in touch with his Nigerian roots
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  37
Ravens WR Marquise Brown was present when Antonio Brown allegedly raped Br..
38 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  31
Image(s) inside Is 2k for real with this one?
24 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+203online now  19
Colin Cowherd gets destroyed on Twitter
132 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy