the cox cable empire has a $50/month prepaid internet service

most viewed right now
37 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

3 weeks ago '09        #1
1093 page views
11 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$75,685 | Props total: 134353 134353
the cox cable empire has a $50/month prepaid internet service

visit this link https://www.lightreading. .. /d/d-id/753766

Taking aim at a subset of the market not covered by its postpaid broadband service, Cox Communications has quietly introduced a pay-as-you-go, prepaid high-speed Internet offering called StraightUp Internet.

The prepaid option sells for a flat $50 per month and includes a refurbished DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi gateway that customers get to keep

As a pay-as-you-go service, StraightUp Internet customers can decide to refill the service each month or drop the service anytime. To entice those customers to stick around, Cox also promises a three-year price guarantee on StraightUp Internet. However, "current rates will apply" when customers pause service for more than 30 days or cancel service altogether. StraightUp Internet customers can pay with debit or credit cards, via EasyPay, or pay in cash at a Cox Solutions Store.

The prepaid broadband option gives Cox a way to market the service to consumers who don't qualify for the company's postpaid service or who don't have access to banking services. Cox, which began to offer the service commercially last June (reports on trials began to surface in late 2017), doesn't appear to be promoting StraightUp Internet heavily. However, digital advertising is one route that Cox is using to spread the word about StraightUp Internet. For example, an ad for the service recently appeared in this reporter's Facebook feed on Wednesday.

StraightUp Internet delivers speeds of 25 Mbit/s down by 3 Mbit/s up, matching the FCC's current definition of "broadband."

Cox's StraightUp Internet service allows consumption of up to 1 terabyte of data each month, but does not yet enforce a policy when prepaid customers exceed that limit. Cox also puts a monthly 1TB limit on its postpaid residential broadband products. Depending on the market, Cox's postpaid policies also support an unlimited plan, a 500 Gigabyte "additional data plan," or charge $10 extra for each additional bucket of 50 Gigabytes when customers exceed their 1TB monthly limit

Cox doesn't have any plans to offer a prepaid TV product, "but we are always evaluating consumer buying preferences and make adjustments to future plans based on feedback," a Cox spokesman said in a statement.

Cox is the latest cable operator to add a prepaid option for Internet. Comcast offers both prepaid Internet and prepaid TV services. Comcast's prepaid Internet product sells for $45 for a service that delivers up to 20 Mbit/s down and 1 Mbit/s up. In addition to a $45 30-day refill, Comcast also offers a seven day refill for $15. Its relatively new Prepaid Instant TV offering is an IP-delivered product starting at $22 that requires the prepaid Internet service

Verizon also markets a prepaid version of Fios Internet (25 Mbit/s symmetrical) and Fios TV (select packages like Custom TV, Custom TV Sports and More, and Mundo). The prepaid Fios TV service requires Fios prepaid Internet and includes the necessary equipment (Fios Prepaid Internet features a router and Fios Prepaid TV includes one set-top box). However, customers are expected to return that equipment when they decide to give up the service
+3   

best
worst
11 comments

2 weeks ago '16        #2
Bad  1 heat pts1
space
space
$4,201 | Props total: 11770 11770
what a fu*king rip off
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #3
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
space
space
$75,685 | Props total: 134353 134353
 Bad said
what a fu*king rip off

To entice those customers to stick around, Cox also promises a three-year price guarantee on StraightUp Internet. However, "current rates will apply" when customers pause service for more than 30 days or cancel service altogethe

"current rate" means the empires extortion fee for regular internet victims
+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #4
Zaosyn  269 heat pts269
space
space
$15,903 | Props total: 5318 5318
Comcast doing the same thing. I went to Walmart and saw they are selling pre-paid internet modems

I don't have any credit and I got ATT Fiber. All I had to do was put $100 down that went towards my monthly bill anyways and I'm paying $70 a month. YEah, I'm locked in a cntract but even if I was to end that contract and pay out it would only cost me like $10 for every month that was left on my contract still probably cheaper than 3 months worth of this bullsh*t internet service they selling dumb a*ses.

ALSO you can get an Xfinity account that lasts a year on Ebay and use that to connect to the free Xfinity hotspots.. I got up to 20mb down when I was using one before I got my internet hooked up in my apartment. Which is the same speeds that Xfinity is advertising you will receive with the prepaid internet modem and service.

Last edited by Zaosyn; 09-05-2019 at 06:23 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #5
Bad  1 heat pts1
space
space
$4,201 | Props total: 11770 11770
 Zaosyn said
Comcast doing the same thing. I went to Walmart and saw they are selling pre-paid internet modems

I don't have any credit and I got ATT Fiber. All I had to do was put $100 down that went towards my monthly bill anyways and I'm paying $70 a month. YEah, I'm locked in a cntract but even if I was to end that contract and pay out it would only cost me like $10 for every month that was left on my contract still probably cheaper than 3 months worth of this bullsh*t internet service they selling dumb a*ses.

ALSO you can get an Xfinity account that lasts a year on Ebay and use that to connect to the free Xfinity hotspots.. I got up to 20mb down when I was using one before I got my internet hooked up in my apartment. Which is the same speeds that Xfinity is advertising you will receive with the prepaid internet modem and service.
I got verizon fios 1gb speed and pay 70 a month no contract.

My speed is about 965-985 up and down.
+3   

1 week ago '19        #6
16z 
space
space
space
$803 | Props total: 2254 2254
 Bad said
what a fu*king rip off
Not if your credit is shot and the kids wanna surf the web all damn day, that pay weekly might be clutch for some families. Little Caesar’s tonight and the internet is paid
+2   

1 week ago '13        #7
Murker99  90 heat pts90
space
space
$5,779 | Props total: 5210 5210
The upload speed is trash on the xfinity so you get what u pay for
+1   

1 week ago '18        #8
BlackjesuS 
space
space
space
$671 | Props total: 953 953
 16z said
Not if your credit is shot and the kids wanna surf the web all damn day, that pay weekly might be clutch for some families. Little Caesar’s tonight and the internet is paid

Glad I quit my job...fu*kin hated those prepaid calls....with little ceasars and the echo of little adult supervision in the background
+1   

1 week ago '16        #9
LilHaitiBaby  11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 5155 5155
I remember getting at&t internet,shii was weak as hell.
It was so slow and they said it was their best service.

At the time i had a mobile hot spot lil device i got from virgin mobile,i use driving out of town.And it worked better than the at&t home wifi lol.
I paid $50 a month for unlimited wifi.I had it for like almost 3 years,then they got slick and change the service.It wasn't unlimited no more.

1 week ago '04        #10
mt fuji  17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,886 | Props total: 1648 1648
 Bad said
I got verizon fios 1gb speed and pay 70 a month no contract.

My speed is about 965-985 up and down.
Yeah I need to call them.

Because I'm paying the same for 150/150
+1   

2 days ago '08        #11
RustyLorcin  12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,818 | Props total: 1153 1153
Developing countries have faster internet. 25/3 is pathetic.

2 hrs ago '04        #12
Kalon  4 heat pts4
space
space
$5,506 | Props total: 127 127
this is better than getting a prepaid hotspot.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  42
Image(s) inside BX MEMBER SPENT 4 MILLION OF HIS JOB COMPANY $$$ To Launch MUSIC CAREER
34 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  27
Ravens WR Marquise Brown was present when Antonio Brown allegedly raped Br..
54 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+50online now  11
Video inside Da Baby getting in touch with his Nigerian roots
151 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+22online now  6
Industry niggas.. Lets talk abt how ya sold ya souls.. Tap in