More Looks at the Corvette C8

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

Whats color corvette would you choose?
Red 10 27.03%
White 6 16.22%
Blue 3 8.11%
Black 14 37.84%
Gold 3 8.11%
Other 1 2.70%
Voters: 37.   (BX member poll)

2 weeks ago '08        #1
1865 page views
33 comments

GoldBluded  752 heat pts752
space
space
$23,882 | Props total: 44857 44857
More Looks at the Corvette C8

check out the first 0:18 seconds image

All Black

Red , White, Black , Gold Exterior Color.

Last edited by GoldBluded; 08-30-2019 at 10:30 AM..
+8   

best
worst
33 comments

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '15        #2
Mystic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
$15,145 | Props total: 34450 34450
@ How much it cost and when it comes out? I might have to sell some Crypto and get one
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #3
Naga Sadow  62 heat pts62
space
space
$14,821 | Props total: 63819 63819
I already have mine specced. Black with red interior with the Z51 package.

Hopefully I'll have mine by April of next year.
+9   

2 weeks ago '08        #4
GoldBluded  752 heat pts752 OP
space
space
$23,882 | Props total: 44857 44857
 Mystic said
@ How much it cost and when it comes out? I might have to sell some Crypto and get one
Looking at the 67k to 75k range

VetteGang in this bi*ch
+6   

2 weeks ago '18        #5
DaFuqUp 
space
space
$97 | Props total: 185 185
Damn its beautiful in black despite the fact it hides the lines.
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #6
titans7  2 heat pts2
space
space
$10,915 | Props total: 28467 28467
I voted Red!!!
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #7
WHATEVERMAN 
space
space
$941 | Props total: 3289 3289
It was close, but I voted black. I think it was that first video that reminded how nothing beats a black paint job right before the sun sets.
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #8
white-chocolate  129 heat pts129
space
space
$15,970 | Props total: 1903 1903
voted White, sh*t better have the black roof.

looks like a ferrari
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #9
postemupndunkit  7 heat pts7
space
space
$8,262 | Props total: 28775 28775
Trash

2 weeks ago '11        #10
CALViiiN  792 heat pts792
space
space
$21,193 | Props total: 48653 48653
Cool......

But..... the back looks like a weak a*s camaro

2 weeks ago '13        #11
3nl1ght3ned  14 heat pts14
space
space
$13,645 | Props total: 6988 6988
fu*king crazy. I'm surprised you can get you a high performance mid engined car for under 75k. General Motors delivered with this joint.
+5   

2 weeks ago '14        #12
rashadd 
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 6760 6760
Am I the only one that can't rock with this new look? Now if a comparison vid comes out between this and the last (classic) body style and their's a significant increase in performance then I can understand but other than that... Maybe they all got in a meeting and said the Corvette needs a new look but

How can this be your end result. Obviously Lamborghini and other super cars already have this look. The Vette is(was) the only car that looked like itself but then you switch it up to give it that super car look? So is everybody going to change their car to this style and have the designers thinking that they created something innovative? No it's obviously trying to look like something that is already out their a dozen times already.

Edit: On next year's model the designers will be in a meeting talking bout, "What if instead of the doors opening regularly... Now hear me out... But instead of opening this way that they raise up when you open them..."

"Wow Bob that's a great idea... How did you come up with that one" *high fives for all*

Last edited by rashadd; 08-31-2019 at 07:02 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #13
DaFuqUp 
space
space
 rashadd said
Am I the only one that can't rock with this new look? Now if a comparison vid comes out between this and the last (classic) body style and their's a significant increase in performance then I can understand but other than that... Maybe they all got in a meeting and said the Corvette needs a new look but

How can this be your end result. Obviously Lamborghini and other super cars already have this look. The Vette is(was) the only car that looked like itself but then you switch it up to give it that super car look? So is everybody going to change their car to this style and have the designers thinking that they created something innovative? No it's obviously trying to look like something that is already out their a dozen times already.

Edit: On next year's model the designers will be in a meeting talking bout, "What if instead of the doors opening regularly... Now hear me out... But instead of opening this way that they raise up when you open them..."

"Wow Bob that's a great idea... How did you come up with that one" *high fives for all*

It's about more than just a different look. The new layout is going to allow this car to perform at a level never before seen from an American made production sport/super car. The Corvette was supposed to be a rear-mid engined car decades ago anyway. As far as what the car looks like, I think it's still unmistakably Corvette. Its more subdued than a McLaren, Lamborghini or Ferrari but you have to realize that is still a Corvette and Chevy has to maintain the car at a certain price point so regular people like us can own one. This car is a serious game changer. Well under 100k, mid engined and just as, if not faster than cars 2, 3 and 4 times the price. How can anybody be mad at that?
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #14
rashadd 
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 6760 6760
 DaFuqUp said
It's about more than just a different look. The new layout is going to allow this car to perform at a level never before seen from an American made production sport/super car. The Corvette was supposed to be a rear-mid engined car decades ago anyway. As far as what the car looks like, I think it's still unmistakably Corvette. Its more subdued than a McLaren, Lamborghini or Ferrari but you have to realize that is still a Corvette and Chevy has to maintain the car at a certain price point so regular people like us can own one. This car is a serious game changer. Well under 100k, mid engined and just as, if not faster than cars 2, 3 and 4 times the price. How can anybody be mad at that?
That's what I was saying, that the "super car" look has to be a superior design overall performance-wise or the look just wouldn't make sense. McLaren is a perfect example b/c the design favors that than a Vette. But definitely not mad it's just I think the Vette had its own lane and the look of this seems to try and be something it's not. But I'll just have to wait on vids to see is it as "groundbreaking" as everyone is making out to be.

I watch a Vette in world greatest race beat plenty of super cars in a straight line race but to change the entire look, those numbers compared to the classic look, would have to be far and above and of course that is around the track included. Just can't buy the hype b/c when I see it I can't get over the fact that it looks more like a lambo or as you said McLaren than a Vette.

+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #15
DaFuqUp 
space
space
 rashadd said
That's what I was saying, that the "super car" look has to be a superior design overall performance-wise or the look just wouldn't make sense. McLaren is a perfect example b/c the design favors that than a Vette. But definitely not mad it's just I think the Vette had its own lane and the look of this seems to try and be something it's not. But I'll just have to wait on vids to see is it as "groundbreaking" as everyone is making out to be.

I watch a Vette in world greatest race beat plenty of super cars in a straight line race but to change the entire look, those numbers compared to the classic look, would have to be far and above and of course that is around the track included. Just can't buy the hype b/c when I see it I can't get over the fact that it looks more like a lambo or as you said McLaren than a Vette.

Okay I understand what you mean.

As far as performance I'm 100% positive it will be better than the current car. Rear-mid engine=more traction, more neutral handling.

But, I do remember Chevy saying they were going to sell C8s alongside C7s. That would have been dope.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #16
deziking  124 heat pts124
space
space
$23,189 | Props total: 13034 13034
the sound isnt there like that crisp tone you get from ferarri or lamborghini.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #17
Sir Mike  13 heat pts13
space
space
$5,746 | Props total: 1349 1349
me and a homie was talking bout this at work. Vet is losing its appeal, this car looks like a foreign car. Don't get me wrong I like it but its not a true corvette

2 weeks ago '06        #18
memphisboi55 
space
space
$3,918 | Props total: 2154 2154
Reserved mine already

+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #19
DaFuqUp 
space
space
 deziking said
the sound isnt there like that crisp tone you get from ferarri or lamborghini.
That's because its a big displacement cross plane crank V8 and not a small displacement flat plane crank engine like the European cars. Those European engines sound great but so do American V8s. The problem with small displacement flat plane crank engines is vibration. Thats why Ferrari V8s are 3.8 or 3.9L as opposed to 6.2L for an LT1. Ford pulled off 5.2L with their FPC V8 by lightening valvetrain components, but those engines still vibrate like hell. Also FPC engines tend to produce less torque because of the shorter stroke, but they rev out much higher. It's a give and take I guess. They're saying that the C8.R race car will have a twin turbo FPC V8, and that engine will make it into the Z06 or ZR1 model.

Last edited by DaFuqUp; 09-01-2019 at 10:46 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #20
DaFuqUp 
space
space
 Sir Mike said
me and a homie was talking bout this at work. Vet is losing its appeal, this car looks like a foreign car. Don't get me wrong I like it but its not a true corvette
I disagree. It seems to have gained even more appeal. At this price point, there is no car fu*king with the C8 currently. The "Supra" just dropped and is already obsolete thanks to the Vette. A base 911 is kissing the 100k mark, and this new Vette is just as fast at nearly half the price. If that's not appeal, idk what is mayne. Remember, that Zora Duntov's (corvette engineer) dream was to make the car mid engine from jump because he knew the limitations of a Front-mid engine layout.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #21
deziking  124 heat pts124
space
space
$23,189 | Props total: 13034 13034
 DaFuqUp said
That's because its a big displacement cross plane crank V8 and not a small displacement flat plane crank engine like the European cars. Those European engines sound great but so do American V8s. The problem with small displacement flat plane crank engines is vibration. Thats why Ferrari V8s are 3.8L as opposed to 6.2L for an LT1. Ford pulled off 5.2L with their FPC V8 by lightening valvetrain components, but those engines still vibrate like hell. Also FPC engines tend to produce less torque because of the shorter stroke, but they rev out much higher. It's a give and take I guess. They're saying that the C8.R race car will have a twin turbo FPC V8, and that engine will make it into the Z06 or ZR1 model.
someone gotta slap a straight pipe on that bish.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #22
DaFuqUp 
space
space
 deziking said
someone gotta slap a straight pipe on that bish.
Yeah someone will do it.
Remember, most these new sports cars have butterfly valves in the exhaust, I'm sure it sounds beast in sport mode.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #23
JayR04  132 heat pts132
space
space
$12,115 | Props total: 9996 9996

+4   

2 weeks ago '16        #24
mallavetti 
space
space
space
$435 | Props total: 80 80
want

2 weeks ago '06        #25
damn_ryght 
space
space
$4,312 | Props total: 4452 4452
 Naga Sadow said
I already have mine specced. Black with red interior with the Z51 package.

Hopefully I'll have mine by April of next year.
That’s a sick spec

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  15
Sep 14 - online drug trafficker plotted to sell fake oxy and xanax laced with..
39 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+35online now  13
Video inside What Happened To Braxton From 'The Jamie Foxx Show'?
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+43online now  8
Image(s) inside BREAKING: Robert Downey Jr. to reprise his role as Iron Man in Black W..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+39online now  5
Image(s) inside Juelz in the clink
121 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy