The Rise And Fall Of The Headphone Jack

most viewed right now
29 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

2 weeks ago '15        #51
Hellmatic  3 heat pts3
space
space
$22,956 | Props total: 35285 35285
Call me old school but I like using my iPod classic never been a fan of the wireless earphones
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #52
nwking  91 heat pts91
space
space
$5,370 | Props total: 7919 7919
you dont even need to be audiophile to know that the headphone jack is far superior in audio quality.
+5   

2 weeks ago '05        #53
PhrozenMenace  1 heat pts1
space
space
$15,348 | Props total: 3804 3804
 Ignatious715 said
Why are people buying overpriced earbuds just to listen to sh*t quality music?
trend mostly, and convenient enough because some of them don't care too much for the sound...nothing better than hearing the crisp, detailed sounds, clear vocals of songs with some good headphones...when you're in the zone, you're in the zone, fu*k all of that bullsh*t marketing about why they removed something great, because of *insert marketing lingo*

Last edited by PhrozenMenace; 09-03-2019 at 02:16 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #54
Be Easy  3 heat pts3
space
space
$3,448 | Props total: 8286 8286
there is a drop off

I have a podcast and bought a new mixer that allows me to play music thru Bluetooth

but it sounds better thru aux

iphone 6s plus x aux still wear im at

music thru aux has more of a snap to it
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #55
projectd06  3 heat pts3
space
space
$9,421 | Props total: 14354 14354
My headphones are wireless but u still want the headphone jack, i dont need a waterproof phone either.
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #56
bqstudios  9 heat pts9
space
space
$2,865 | Props total: 6206 6206
 Timberwolves said
give it up man no one uses wired headphones anymore
This is only the case for the smart phone world.
In the recording industry field "Recording studios for example have to use wired headphones to record vocals. you cant record vocals via Bluetooth because of the Lag or latency, which is extremely noticable when recording. Trust me i know i have my own studio in the crib , ive tried it and would love to record music with bluetooth earpods but the lag makes it impossible. when they eliminate the latency for these headphones for music recording, then it will truly be dead.

sorry for the essay
+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #57
red100  12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,056 | Props total: 732 732
Wireless connectivity with worst quality, limited battery and potential brain cancer

vs

better quality, wired but zero worries of batttery death or having to constantly recharge or brain cancer

This is just plain common sense.

I swear technology goes one step forward and 2 steps backwards and cats just eat it up. Lol.

This is just as bad as wireless controllers.
+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #58
red100  12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,056 | Props total: 732 732
 realgunta said
dont fall into the hype guys

the whole "no headphone jack" thing, is just a way to sell you adapters, bluetooth headphones and extra accessories

companies make a lot of money via those things

Anyone who thinks wireless anything is better than wired had to have been dropped on their dome piece if you think buying a more expensive phone that removes the one thing that was always the most affordable, to purchase something that cost 10 times more just to have the latest tech.

That's just plain stupidity.

Wireless has always been garbage, and the signals are hella poisonous to our mind and bodies.

Wired fuh monz.
+4   

2 weeks ago '06        #59
realgunta  1024 heat pts1024
space
space
$29,522 | Props total: 62492 62492
 red100 said

Anyone who thinks wireless anything is better than wired had to have been dropped on their dome piece if you think buying a more expensive phone that removes the one thing that was always the most affordable, to purchase something that cost 10 times more just to have the latest tech.

That's just plain stupidity.

Wireless has always been garbage, and the signals are hella poisonous to our mind and bodies.

Wired fuh monz.
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #60
Shhon  1376 heat pts1376 OP
space
space
$22,884 | Props total: 36206 36206
 red100 said
Wireless connectivity with worst quality, limited battery and potential brain cancer

vs

better quality, wired but zero worries of batttery death or having to constantly recharge or brain cancer

This is just plain common sense.

I swear technology goes one step forward and 2 steps backwards and cats just eat it up. Lol.

This is just as bad as wireless controllers.
Completely agree bro

I might be done with these Airpods

Electromagnetic Radiation that close to the brain...

Basically like talking on the phone for as long as you're listening...
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #61
Understandable 
space
space
$203 | Props total: 200 200
I prefer headphone jack which is why i havent upgraded my phone. U lose audio quality over bluetooth dont matter how expensive the wireless headset is.
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #62
BLACK FIST  1 heat pts1
space
space
$6,455 | Props total: 24958 24958
 Be Easy said
there is a drop off

I have a podcast and bought a new mixer that allows me to play music thru Bluetooth

but it sounds better thru aux

iphone 6s plus x aux still wear im at

music thru aux has more of a snap to it
which brand mixer are you using if you don't mind me asking?

2 weeks ago '06        #63
Be Easy  3 heat pts3
space
space
$3,448 | Props total: 8286 8286
 BLACK FIST said
which brand mixer are you using if you don't mind me asking?
rodecaster pro
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #64
BLACK FIST  1 heat pts1
space
space
$6,455 | Props total: 24958 24958
 Be Easy said
rodecaster pro
good looking bro.. just wanna do some quick research
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #65
space
space
 Shhon said
Completely agree bro

I might be done with these Airpods

Electromagnetic Radiation that close to the brain...

Basically like talking on the phone for as long as you're listening...
a toxic gimmick
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #66
Rule 336  141 heat pts141
space
space
$15,381 | Props total: 60126 60126
 realgunta said
the audio quality you get via connecting with a traditional headphone jack is plain and simply superior to bluetooth. Dont @ me

until the day comes when bluetooth audio quality is superior to a traditional 3.5 headphone jack, ima need that headphone jack mane
 Micheal C. Will said
Still like the option of an headphone jack regardless, especially if you want to use over-ear headphones or studio headphones.
 Teddy KGB said
Itís not about being trendy. Címon man you canít really believe that. Even when Iím warming up shooting around before a game, itís so much nicer to not have a cord to that pops out if it catches or have to keep the phone in my pocket while Iím shooting. Some shorts have no pockets so you have to wear a hoodie or something to put it in that pocket. Thereís a far superior utility to wireless headphones.
 daman729 said
One of the biggest misfortunes to happen in the tech industry! No other audio/sound method beats the standard 3.5mm audio jack. Period! Its the most convenient and has the best sound. People will promote bluetooth, etc. But pound for pound, bluetooth is inferior. It's spotty. Lets not act like interference doesn't exists. Nothing beats a direct wired audio jack connection. Its just like when they sway people into believing sealed in batteries are better. When in reality its a ploy to keep people from replacing their own batteries and avoiding service charges lol. Tons of phone issues can be fixed with a battery pull and/or battery replacement. Instead of simply addressing the battery(because the battery is locked in the phone), they end up getting pressed to buy a new phone smh. Its a moneys game!
I have a pixel 3 XL which has no headphone jack and I use the the dongle to be able to use wired headphones. Am I getting the same quality as a 3.5 mm Jack?
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #67
daman729  27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,545 | Props total: 17564 17564
 Rule 336 said
I have a pixel 3 XL which has no headphone jack and I use the the dongle to be able to use wired headphones. Am I getting the same quality as a 3.5 mm Jack?
Honestly I'm not sure. Since its still technically a wired connection, Id like to think there's no loss of quality. At least not very much if any. It depends on the quality of the dongle as well though. If you get a good quality one that's sealed in tight, you should be good. Dongle adapters are still probably better than wireless connections.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #68
realgunta  1024 heat pts1024
space
space
$29,522 | Props total: 62492 62492
 Rule 336 said
u should be fine

overall the dongle will still give u a better quality compared to being wireless

2 weeks ago '18        #69
Crisco  1 heat pts1
space
space
$503 | Props total: 1362 1362
everybody I know with airpods has problem with them sh*ts. and apparently it's not the easiest thing to get em fixed/replaced when they start acting up.

one lady told my homeboy "you must be using them too much"

meanwhile I'm on the same wired skullcandies since january
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #70
space
space
 Crisco said
everybody I know with airpods has problem with them sh*ts. and apparently, it's not the easiest thing to get em fixed/replaced when they start acting up.

one lady told my homeboy "you must be using them too much"

meanwhile, I'm on the same wired skullcandies since January
lol...using too much
+2   

1 week ago '14        #71
Blazeyy  2 heat pts2
space
space
$5,476 | Props total: 15782 15782
i'm not saying it is unsafe, but

bluetooth was invented in 1999

the first bluetooth headphones came in 2004

but more realistically bluetooth headphones have been a "presence" for only like 5 years now

so you can't show me any long term epidemiological studies that show HEAVY use of these headphones has no detrimental effects on brain function

they're probably safe, but i like headphones so i'm okay letting other guinea pig for now. we seen what's just been coming out regarding vape, same sh*t different toilet, potentially
+2   

1 week ago '12        #72
OldBusiness  187 heat pts187
space
space
$32,375 | Props total: 64336 64336
Im an audiophile and I value real headphones.

But Samsung gave a 150 dollar credit for upgrading to the note10+.

Got thenbuds for free. They sound really great and theyre convenient for when Im working and needing to make calls.

I probably give them to my wife soon lol, but theyre pretty convenient.
+2   

7 days ago '05        #73
space
space
 OldBusiness said
Im an audiophile and I value real headphones.

But Samsung gave a 150 dollar credit for upgrading to the note10+.

Got thenbuds for free. They sound really great and they're convenient for when I'm working and needing to make calls.

I probably give them to my wife soon lol, but they're pretty convenient.
what kind of headphones do you have?
+1   

6 days ago '12        #74
OldBusiness  187 heat pts187
space
space
$32,375 | Props total: 64336 64336
 PhrozenMenace said
what kind of headphones do you have?
I rock a pair of HD650s at the moment. And a classic pair of MDR 7506's when I want to keep it simple.

I want the HD 800s but im not.paying 1500+ in 2019 lol
+2   

6 days ago '05        #75
space
space
 OldBusiness said
I rock a pair of HD650s at the moment. And a classic pair of MDR 7506's when I want to keep it simple.

I want the HD 800s but I'm not.paying 1500+ in 2019 lol
good pairs... I want to try the 7506 myself. do you use an amp for the headphones?

yeah 1500+ for headphones is too much for me too...fu*k that, maybe if I win them or they have a mistake (95% off) sale
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+40online now  31
Video inside Da Baby getting in touch with his Nigerian roots
110 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  29
Image(s) inside Is 2k for real with this one?
11 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  22
Image(s) inside Adidas Yeezy 350 V2 'Cloud White' + 'Reflective' (Sept)
14 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+19online now  4
Image(s) inside What makes this funny is Burr said worse sh-t and went harder after mo..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy