Tony Ferguson speaks truth: "Khabib is lazy & boring"

most viewed right now
+33  119
236 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+53  111
95 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 week ago '11        #26
KING JAYY  559 heat pts559
space
space
$56,217 | Props total: 30158 30158
 anonymous414 said
GSP Khabib superf*ght catch weight 165, make it happen Dana. That way even when Khabibi loses, he still retains his belt and GSP can go back into retirement
Gsp not f*ghting without a title on the line. That would be pointless
+1   

1 week ago '09        #27
rexplosive  40 heat pts40
space
space
space
$1,292 | Props total: 1429 1429
This f*ght is the MMA equivalent of Manny Pacman vs Mayweather, but in their prime (Obviously not as popular) but this is the best way I can describe it

yeah Mayweather (khabib) going to win, but Tony has the tools to potentially beat hima nd its interesting match up

skip that GSP nonsense, look at youtube, tony vs Khabib videos are all over a million, khabib vs gsp videos are below 500k

the people want tony and khabib is big enough he can bring an audience no matter what

Tony darce khabib to unconsciousness, imo
mark my works
+1   

1 week ago '09        #28
ImAMonster  461 heat pts461
space
space
$39,780 | Props total: 16595 16595
 ahonui06 said
So you're saying he won't stand up and actually f*ght for the 29th time
This ain't boxing. Khabib doesn't NEED to stand and box. Tell Tony to learn how to grappled and avoid submissions. Force Khabib into a stand up game if you're that good.

1 week ago '16        #29
ahonui06  1851 heat pts1851 OP
space
space
$43,766 | Props total: 89359 89359
 ImAMonster said
This ain't boxing. Khabib doesn't NEED to stand and box. Tell Tony to learn how to grappled and avoid submissions. Force Khabib into a stand up game if you're that good.

Tony just might.

Khabib doesn't need to stand up, but if he wants to prove he's the best he needs too. Can't be taken seriously in MMA if you just sniff crotches.

1 week ago '09        #30
rexplosive  40 heat pts40
space
space
space
$1,292 | Props total: 1429 1429
 ahonui06 said
Tony just might.

Khabib doesn't need to stand up, but if he wants to prove he's the best he needs too. Can't be taken seriously in MMA if you just sniff crotches.

I would agree if this was someone like Usman, who just stalls on you

but Khabib literally mauls guys, its special to see him f*ght
that and if you watch the slow mo video ufc put up, khabib didnt get hit with any shots really in tahtlast f*ght which is amazing

ANYWAYS for those who are interested about breakdown of the f*ght

Khabib IS the favourite and SHOULD win, BUT Tony has the tools to beat him

how?

1) Khabib needs guys to back up to the cage to get a takedown at 100%, if the f*ght is in the middle khabib does get as many take downs because he has to shoot for his life and grba a limb, which then the other f*ghter can quickly turn and escape/sprawl

Tony ONLY f*ghts going forward, the onyl time he is near a cage is if his opponent is back up, TONY has the reach / reflexes to be quick enough to keep the f*ght int he centre

2) Khabib opponenets are too worried about the take donw that they let their gaurd down/dont let their hands/legs loose in strking
TONY is literal CHAOS, he will strike, knee, elbow, kick without caring about a takedown

does tony ghet taken down? Yes absolutely, kevin lee took him down
but tony subbed Lee
tony has the Length to keep khabib far, the speed to get away quickly and the BJJ to get khabib in a choke and most impr0ntaly

he is literally crazy, crazy is what you need to f*ght khabib, someone who gives no effs what will happen, he can lose 24 minutes and 30 seconds but tony still knows he can win in 30 seconds left

and tahts why this matchup is beautiful

1 week ago '07        #31
j_k1dd  9 heat pts9
space
space
$3,366 | Props total: 1732 1732
 reasonable said
Eh, kind of. The reason they both are as dominant as they are/were, is because their opponents fear/feared the takedown. It does something to you as a f*ghter when you can't sit down on your strikes because you know the other guy is a vaunted wrestler with great timing on his shot, and that if he ends up on top of you, the round is basically over. This is how Khabib was able to catch Conor with that overhand in their f*ght; fake the shot, Conor lower his hands to defend, Khabib switches to the overhand once he sees the bite on the fake.

Also, GSP does have a Kyokushin background, but his kicks aren't the strikes he's known for. It's that jab (ask Josh Koscheck), and that superman jab to low kick that he used to use ALL THE TIME.

While their skill sets are certainly both grapple heavy, I find that where they differ is mentality. GSP almost never tried to finish anyone on the ground, regardless of whether he had the advantage there or not. Imagine if Khabib had Dan Hardy in that same position that GSP did when they fought; we might have had our first death in the octagon.

When Khabib gets you on the ground, he's trying to put your head through the canvas with strikes.
You right on the money about the Jab/low kick combo. GSP didn't have that k*ller mentality the way Khabib does, but that don't mean he wasn't exciting as a f*ghter, at least in my opinion (If GSP wasn't as Canadian as they come, we wouldn't be having this conversation lol.).

1 week ago '05        #32
anonymous414 
space
space
space
$722 | Props total: 244 244
 KING JAYY said
Gsp not f*ghting without a title on the line. That would be pointless
It's called $$$$. why would he give af about winning titles at this point... Pay him a few mil and he'll do ti. Also he could technically be the first champion of a new weight class at 165, if he had to
+1   

1 week ago '11        #33
KING JAYY  559 heat pts559
space
space
$56,217 | Props total: 30158 30158
 anonymous414 said
It's called $$$$. why would he give af about winning titles at this point... Pay him a few mil and he'll do ti. Also he could technically be the first champion of a new weight class at 165, if he had to
he said out his own mouth on Chael show, the only reason he entertained khabib was so he could be the first champ, champ, champ

he only cares about legacy f*ghts

1 week ago '05        #34
anonymous414 
space
space
space
$722 | Props total: 244 244
 KING JAYY said
he said out his own mouth on Chael show, the only reason he entertained khabib was so he could be the first champ, champ, champ

he only cares about legacy f*ghts
I don't think you can speak on what GSP wants. So far Khabib wants the f*ght. We saw GSP come back for Bisbing. If the paycheck is big enough, he might come back
+1   

1 week ago '09        #35
ImAMonster  461 heat pts461
space
space
$39,780 | Props total: 16595 16595
 ahonui06 said
Tony just might.

Uh, no? He doesn't need to prove he can stand up if he can beat you so bad on the ground that he doesn't need to.

You need to watch Chael Sonnen's take on it.

1 week ago '18        #36
shanks 
space
space
space
$60 | Props total: 133 133
You guys are sleeping on Tony, his ground game is legit from top and bottom, and his stand up is much better than khabib.

It will be an interesting f*ght but if khabib wins than I don't see anyone beating him unless he pops for those Russian drugs or someone gets a lucky punch on him.

1 week ago '04        #37
abacabb  179 heat pts179
space
space
$13,065 | Props total: 12598 12598
 ahonui06 said
Tony just might.

K: So can I get into heaven?
God: Not unless you can beat me in a f*ght.
K: *Beats God in a f*ght*
God: I sure is a shame. I knew it would turn out like this. You won the f*ght but it doesn't count because you didn't stand the whole time.
K: but but but.... bx said I just had to win.

BX:

1 week ago '16        #38
space
space
 abacabb said
K: So can I get into heaven?
God: Not unless you can beat me in a f*ght.
K: *Beats God in a f*ght*
God: I sure is a shame. I knew it would turn out like this. You won the f*ght but it doesn't count because you didn't stand the whole time.
K: but but but.... bx said I just had to win.

BX:
If you believe in God, then you believe in fairy tales. Kinda like how people think Khabib can stand up.

1 week ago '18        #39
Rugby Jones  8 heat pts8
space
space
$2,611 | Props total: 9890 9890
 O1as said
Khabib is the champ. Ferguson is f*ghting a domestic abuse case. Two different type of f*ghters.
Ooooow, you wrong...

U know theses bi*ches crazy out here

1 week ago '06        #40
Jax Daniel  10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,857 | Props total: 3359 3359
GSP/Khabib would be a great f*ght to see.

But I would prefer to see it after a Khabib/Tony f*ght - they've attempted it so many times it may never happen, but they need to at least try one more time, Tony has earned it.

1 week ago '15        #41
suavehooper  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
$21,835 | Props total: 73158 73158
 TreZ said
Lucky punch, in round 3 they went toe to toe the entire round and McGregor CLEARLY schooled him. Khabib then resorted back to holding

1 week ago '14        #42
fifafut 
space
space
space
$381 | Props total: 973 973
OP been crying about Khabib since the Connor f*ght. Stick to boxing if you only wanna see stand up.

1 week ago '16        #43
space
space
 fifafut said
OP been crying about Khabib since the Connor f*ght. Stick to boxing if you only wanna see stand up.
Not just Khabib, all crotch sniffers are boring.

No grappling f*g**ts

1 week ago '17        #44
O1as  385 heat pts385
space
space
$10,074 | Props total: 23447 23447
 Rugby Jones said
Ooooow, you wrong...

U know theses bi*ches crazy out here

should have used her intuition
Then she wouldn't be classified in that position- biggie

1 week ago '16        #45
Knucklez  5 heat pts5
space
space
space
$10,360 | Props total: 26336 26336
khabib will maul tony

1 week ago '16        #46
Knucklez  5 heat pts5
space
space
space
$10,360 | Props total: 26336 26336
 kaliko said
I feel its the exact opposite...
i agree. GSP striking was better but he rarely used it and even tho khabib striking is sloppy it brings more excitement when he decided to trade. Plus GSP was more into wrestlefu*king dudes, khabib would put a serious beating on you and wouldnt stop. I have no problem with how he does it cause theres a purpose behind his grappling/wrestling and its to keep beating on you unlike jon fitch n em
+1   

1 week ago '17        #47
kaliko 
space
space
$853 | Props total: 720 720
 Knucklez said
i agree. GSP striking was better but he rarely used it and even tho khabib striking is sloppy it brings more excitement when he decided to trade. Plus GSP was more into wrestlefu*king dudes, khabib would put a serious beating on you and wouldnt stop. I have no problem with how he does it cause theres a purpose behind his grappling/wrestling and its to keep beating on you unlike jon fitch n em
Im watching the same thing you are.

7 days ago '09        #48
dadon85  141 heat pts141
space
space
space
$35,262 | Props total: 20969 20969
Khabib facing George St-Pierre next, not Tony Ferguson, says UFC champion’s manager

7 days ago '10        #49
BIGthingsSON2  3 heat pts3
space
space
$3,984 | Props total: 8253 8253
Scary f*ght for khabib. A lot of his W's come from the fact his opponents won't accept bottom. Ferguson will , and his sub game is on point. On top of that his head and arms are incredible. Lotta danger here for khabib. Don't even kno if he has the cardio to keep it going for 5 with ferg.

6 days ago '10        #50
berzerkerguts  19 heat pts19
space
space
$7,181 | Props total: 803 803
 j_k1dd said
his style of f*ghting ain't for everyone... very dominating, sticks to his strengths and game plan. GSP was a more exciting f*ghter to watch tho with a similar f*ghting style.
What??? Do you actually remember watching GSP f*ght? He is the most boring f*ghter on the planet. I hated watching him be a wet blanket and drape all over f*ghters without really doing any damage or contantly progressing and going for subs.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  37
Sep 18 - Police Shutdown an Illegal IPTV Service With 50 Million Subscribers
116 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+93online now  33
It’s messed up how true this is
56 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  30
Sep 19 - Overstock CEO sells all his shares: I know enough to fry the Deep Sta..
33 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  15
Dwights gluteal injury - Piriformis Syndrome Treatment- STOP Stretching!
37 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy