Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever Title Announced by Marvel

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
15 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 week ago '04        #1
1963 page views
72 comments

regularjoe 
Props total: 31005 31 K  Slaps total: 6887 6 K
Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever Title Announced by Marvel

Black Panther 2 finally has a title and will be called Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. The film will serve as the follow-up to the massively popular first entry with Chadwick Boseman. Marvel has been intent on the fact that King T’Challa will not be recast in this movie. Many fans are wondering what shape the Black Panther sequel will take without the biggest star here. Boseman’s tragic passing had some corners of social media wondering if it was even worth it to revisit the franchise under this name. However, Marvel was committed to the world of Wakanda and tasked director Ryan Coogler with finding a solution. It seems as though he’s found his footing and the cast is on board with the direction things are going. In recent interviews, all of them have talked about doing right by Boseman’s legacy, and that idea comes before anything else really.

Series star Lupita Nyong’o talked about the upcoming sequel recently with Yahoo!. She revealed that Ryan Coogler and company have been busy retooling it to accommodate for the loss of Boseman.

“People will ask me, ‘Are you excited to go back?’ Excitement isn’t the word. I feel like I’m in a very pensive and meditative state when it comes to Black Panther 2. His passing is still extremely raw for me,” Nyong’o said. “And I can’t even begin to imagine what it will be like to step on set and not have him there... But at the same time we have a leader in Ryan, who feels very much like we do, who feels the loss in a very, very real way as well."

"And his idea, the way which he has reshaped the second movie is so respectful of the loss we’ve all experienced as a cast and as a world,” she added. “So it feels spiritually and emotionally correct to do this. And hopefully, what I do look forward to, is getting back together and honoring what he started with us and holding his light through it. Because he left us a lot of light that we’re still going to be bathing in. I know that for sure.”
+34   

best
worst
72 comments

1 week ago '16        #2
BathWaterMelody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 74184 74 K  Slaps total: 10193 10 K

+28   

1 week ago '12        #3
Superstarbrown7  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17136 17 K  Slaps total: 1628 1 K
Man it’s not going to feel right with boseman gone
+38   

1 week ago '13        #4
HawgNDaGame 
Props total: 40487 40 K  Slaps total: 1005 1 K
more M'Baku

+33   

1 week ago '17        #5
becoolhomie2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 9246 9 K  Slaps total: 3711 3 K
Meh

1 week ago '04        #6
regularjoe  OP
I still think k*llmonger becoming Black Panther is the best move for the franchise going forward.
+45   

1 week ago '21        #7
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 2733 2 K  Slaps total: 582 582
 regularjoe said
I still think k*llmonger becoming Black Panther is the best move for the franchise going forward.
This
+7   

1 week ago '07        #8
killacar 
Props total: 16601 16 K  Slaps total: 1062 1 K
 regularjoe said
Michael B Jordan need to step it up, he was fine in OG BP, but Without Remorse was like he was just phoning it in
+9   

1 week ago '20        #9
Bateman 
Props total: 10715 10 K  Slaps total: 810 810
 killacar said
Michael B Jordan need to step it up, he was fine in OG BP, but Without Remorse was like he was just phoning it in
If this is the move Fiege goes I’m positive Michael B will deliver Oscar level acting just off how close he was to Chadwick
+8   

1 week ago '12        #10
Jo Blow 
Props total: 6304 6 K  Slaps total: 965 965
 killacar said
man i watched with out remorse and was like, now i see why n*ggas on boxden be hating this guy. dudes performance was terrible, had it been any good the movie would of been waaaay better.
+12   

1 week ago '17        #11
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 64522 64 K  Slaps total: 17660 17 K
 regularjoe said
But there’s more story to work with if they have Shuri become black panther like in the comics.

Plus she’s already a fan favorite in the other movies. She has character. Personality

Last edited by PackerTrelli3; 05-03-2021 at 04:09 PM..
+10   

1 week ago '14        #12
iamlegend24 
Props total: 14459 14 K  Slaps total: 1458 1 K
 Jo Blow said
man i watched with out remorse and was like, now i see why n*ggas on boxden be hating this guy. dudes performance was terrible, had it been any good the movie would of been waaaay better.
Yea that's probably his worst acting performance

1 week ago '16        #13
castroThirteen 
Props total: 15948 15 K  Slaps total: 2431 2 K
 Bateman said
If this is the move Fiege goes I’m positive Michael B will deliver Oscar level acting just off how close he was to Chadwick
Oscar level acting lol
+9   

1 week ago '04        #14
regularjoe  OP
 PackerTrelli3 said
But there’s more story to work with if they have Shuri become black panther like in the comics.

Plus she’s already a fan favorite in the other movies. She has character. Personally.
It doesn't have to follow the comics. Lots of stuff in the MCU doesn't follow the comics. And she's not a "fan favorite" BP. People don't hate her but "fan favorite" is WAY over stating.

Maybe I'm misreading this totally, but after Chadwick's passing... you need a leading actor to carry the torch in this situation. I don't think MBJ is the world's best actor, but he's good, and he's definitely good enough to carry this franchise.

Or have MBJ as the same characters but not "villianous". Shuri still becomes BP, and M'Baku gets more screen time as a hero.
+5   

1 week ago '18        #15
antisocial100 
Props total: 15329 15 K  Slaps total: 4449 4 K
Bruh I thought they were been shooting this movie since before he died
+1   

1 week ago '04        #16
KnightOfTears 
Props total: 1970 1 K  Slaps total: 186 186
Everybody loved Chadwick and they will make this movie to honor his legacy. I see this surprising alot of people. Even myself. However, if they do somehow fu*k it up, I'm done with Marvel.

1 week ago '20        #17
itsthekid123  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4532 4 K  Slaps total: 607 607
they will use the graphics they used in Irishman (but better) to still use Chadwicks likeness.

at least, hopefully

1 week ago '18        #18
CrazyObserver88 
Props total: 3005 3 K  Slaps total: 298 298
Derek Luke could easily be the new T'Challa. He's of similar height, build, skin tone, experience, and age as Chadwick.

Last edited by CrazyObserver88; 05-03-2021 at 10:13 PM..

1 week ago '21        #19
Young Defiant 
Props total: 1519 1 K  Slaps total: 4078 4 K
sh*t gone be TRASH, just like the first one.
We need some NEW IDEAS and stop recycling bullsh*t that didn't do well the first time!

1 week ago '16        #20
MadMarlo 
Props total: 16057 16 K  Slaps total: 3053 3 K
 Young Defiant said
sh*t gone be TRASH, just like the first one.
We need some NEW IDEAS and stop recycling bullsh*t that didn't do well the first time!
Lol...

Weird boy spotted
+12   

1 week ago '04        #21
ike! 
Props total: 189 189  Slaps total: 10 10
 PackerTrelli3 said

Plus she’s already a fan favorite in the other movies. She has character. Personally.
It may have been true, but Letitia Wright might have fu*ked that up with the whole anti-vax/social media controversy she got into. I didn't read too many details at the time, but with how volatile that topic is and Disney ultimately running the show, you could see how they would force a change if they felt strongly enough about it.

1 week ago '21        #22
Young Defiant 
Props total: 1519 1 K  Slaps total: 4078 4 K
 MadMarlo said
Lol...

Weird boy spotted
-Casual Consumer with sh*tty taste and no idea what a great movie is....

1 week ago '12        #23
Ricky Retardo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 37481 37 K  Slaps total: 3407 3 K
 killacar said
 CrazyObserver88 said
Derek Luke could easier be the new T'Challa. He's of similar height, build, skin tone, experience, and age as Chadwick.

And this is what's wrong with Hollywood...just plug and play especially with black actors.

I trust Ryan's vision. He has proved countless times of his talent and direction and I feel he'll bring the best out of everyone with Chad hanging over their heads.

Pressure makes diamonds.

+5   

1 week ago '19        #24
Souloh  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13097 13 K  Slaps total: 2304 2 K
 regularjoe said
It doesn't have to follow the comics. Lots of stuff in the MCU doesn't follow the comics. And she's not a "fan favorite" BP. People don't hate her but "fan favorite" is WAY over stating.

Maybe I'm misreading this totally, but after Chadwick's passing... you need a leading actor to carry the torch in this situation. I don't think MBJ is the world's best actor, but he's good, and he's definitely good enough to carry this franchise.

Or have MBJ as the same characters but not "villianous". Shuri still becomes BP, and M'Baku gets more screen time as a hero.
There’s no logical way to explain k*llmonger coming back.

He died in 2018, he destroyed all of the heart-shaped herbs and the MCU is now set in the year 2023 (possibly 2024 in the new BP film). They’ve been sticking to the comics with every other series so it wouldn’t even make sense to go left and bring back a character that’s been dead for 5-6 years and if we’re being honest MBJ doesn’t have what it takes to play that character.

1 week ago '04        #25
TeflonDon 
Props total: 367 367  Slaps total: 49 49
They way the hierarchy of the text is laid out makes me think they're not ready to proceed with the Black Panther situation and this is going to be more of a group movie in Wakanda. Someone might don the mantle at the end to handle Namor or whoever but I think they're going to recast T'Challa for the third once enough time has passed.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+70online now  17
Video inside Would you pay for it? Tijuana prices
301 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+31online now  11
Video inside Transformer c*cked and loaded with the receipts on shiesty
301 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside Share Your Crypto Portfolio
119 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+81online now  7
May 11 - My nucca got in to fender bender and started nuccing nuccas the fu-k ..
298 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy