Tom Warren hints at Microsoft enabling 60/120fps Boost on 50+ Games within a week.

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 weeks ago '12        #1
628 page views
33 comments

OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 164699 164 K  Slaps total: 9798 9 K
Tom Warren hints at Microsoft enabling 60/120fps Boost on 50+ Games within a week.

He successfully called it the other times image
+6   

best
worst
33 comments

2 weeks ago '20        #2
Christ Like 
Props total: 5763 5 K  Slaps total: 4413 4 K
According to my sources 40+ of those games will be from Obama first term

I couldn’t imagine paying $500+ to play mercenaries 2 at a higher frame rate

Speaking of that game, EA needs to make a new one.

2 weeks ago '05        #3
kriskross00  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 95872 95 K  Slaps total: 10709 10 K
Alright wtf does this have to do with new games coming out..you guys have let FPS take over this gen..its sad..yall more concerned with FPS and RT than the game itself smh
+8   

2 weeks ago '16        #4
Novii 
Props total: 6133 6 K  Slaps total: 920 920
If Microsoft was doing this IN BETWEEN dropping exclusives as in games that fully take control of their hardware they’d be completely dominating every headline period. (Prior to this week). But you know how this goes.

They gotta come big at e3. Fans are losing hope in halo infinite on Xbox Reddit’s. They know the gameplay is going to be fun but they’re kind of prepared or starting to prepare for a semi mediocre experience. Can’t say I blame them. Microsoft should just make it for series s/x and pc

No idea what’s going on at Xbox studios. Seems like an over emphasis into bc and gamepass.

Anyway, back to Returnal

2 weeks ago '04        #5
KURUPTION!!! 
Props total: 4074 4 K  Slaps total: 296 296
 kriskross00 said
Alright wtf does this have to do with new games coming out..you guys have let FPS take over this gen..its sad..yall more concerned with FPS and RT than the game itself smh
It's news man, nothing more. I don't think anyone is saying this is better than getting new games, matter of fact it's absolutely fu*king unacceptable that there hasn't been at least one AAA title to come out in the six months since Xbox launched. I like Gamepass as much as the next guy, but that's not enough and the fact that there's no whiff of a AAA game until probably September/October is laughable.

That being said, I'm not going to act like performance gains aren't the sh*t. We never had anything like this in the console space on both platforms. I know sh*tting on Xbox for no games is all the rage, but this isn't a bad thing.
+5   

2 weeks ago '12        #6
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
Props total: 164699 164 K  Slaps total: 9798 9 K
 KURUPTION!!! said
It's news man, nothing more. I don't think anyone is saying this is better than getting new games, matter of fact it's absolutely fu*king unacceptable that there hasn't been at least one AAA title to come out in the six months since Xbox launched. I like Gamepass as much as the next guy, but that's not enough and the fact that there's no whiff of a AAA game until probably September/October is laughable.

That being said, I'm not going to act like performance gains aren't the sh*t. We never had anything like this in the console space on both platforms. I know sh*tting on Xbox for no games is all the rage, but this isn't a bad thing.
Pretty much this

I made a post on neogaf about what i've been noticing about this new generation

Remember at the beginning of the Xbox One/PS4 generation? The criticism/praise for both companies was:

"Xbox is trying to change everything, they're changing too much they're gonna die while Sony is keeping everything the same!"

Now the narrative is "Microsoft is winning because theyre willing to change everything and Sony is going to die cause they're sticking to the same ol same ol!"

When the truth is both companies are doing just fine, both are sticking to the plan they want regardless of all the different narratives at play, and both seem to be happy with the results they're getting and nobody is going anywhere

They're both dedicated to their path and if you don't wanna be part of it..well it seems like neither of them really give a rats a*s

I'm more than happy with my Switch, PC, PS5, and Series X and won't be running out of anything to play on either of them any time soon
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #7
 KURUPTION!!! said

It is a bad thing when your showcasing ur "performance gains" on old a*s games

2 weeks ago '04        #8
KURUPTION!!! 
Props total: 4074 4 K  Slaps total: 296 296
 OldBusiness said
Pretty much this

I made a post on neogaf about what i've been noticing about this new generation

Remember at the beginning of the Xbox One/PS4 generation? The criticism/praise for both companies was:

"Xbox is trying to change everything, they're changing too much they're gonna die while Sony is keeping everything the same!"

Now the narrative is "Microsoft is winning because theyre willing to change everything and Sony is going to die cause they're sticking to the same ol same ol!"

When the truth is both companies are doing just fine, both are sticking to the plan they want regardless of all the different narratives at play, and both seem to be happy with the results they're getting and nobody is going anywhere

They're both dedicated to their path and if you don't wanna be part of it..well it seems like neither of them really give a rats a*s

I'm more than happy with my Switch, PC, PS5, and Series X and won't be running out of anything to play on either of them any time soon
I agree. I could go a year without nothing new and still be good, that's why I love these performance upgrades. Playing a game like Ghosts , Nioh 2, or God of War on PS5 is going to be a better experience than most of these year one games. Sony's games are just that good. M$ and Sony are just doing two different things right now and only the fanboys are still trying to keep score.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #9
Wawdy24 
Props total: 7545 7 K  Slaps total: 3392 3 K
 kriskross00 said
They are implementing Hardware Accelerated technology that is on Series X|S.

These are the foundations of the tool sets that have been worked on for Direct X 12 Ultimate. This also is tech that AMD|Xbox will be able to use throughout the Generation as RDNA 3 and 4 rolls out...

Just waiting until ResolutionBoost and TextureReconstruction techniques get released.

This is just the beginning steps. Games will start releasing in the Spring and throughout the rest of this Generation.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #10
Liquid-Science 
Props total: 1525 1 K  Slaps total: 343 343
Plenty of games from last gen are on Gamepass that more casual gamers like me never thought touch...To get our money's worth, we're trying them just because they're on GP, might as well make them look and run better for us
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #11
Faythung 
Props total: 18987 18 K  Slaps total: 1532 1 K
 kriskross00 said
Plenty of people have not played those games at 60fps or greater. Or haven't played them at all due to them being lower FPS, now they can.

When are yall gonna realise that Microsoft aren't Sony, their business models are completely different. So many of you have the mindset that they can't coexist and yet they do and have done for years and will continue to do so for years.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #12
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 63507 63 K  Slaps total: 19098 19 K
 Faythung said
Plenty of people have not played those games at 60fps or greater. Or haven't played them at all due to them being lower FPS, now they can.

When are yall gonna realise that Microsoft aren't Sony, their business models are completely different. So many of you have the mindset that they can't coexist and yet they do and have done for years and will continue to do so for years.
When are you going to have this smoke for the Xbox loyalists of this board that constantly downplay and slander Sony?
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #13
 Faythung said

I said nothing about coexisting..but yes a reason to coexist is needed..higher frames per second on 5 year old games isnt it

2 weeks ago '04        #14
Wawdy24 
 SPdaGOAT said
When are you going to have this smoke for the Xbox loyalists of this board that constantly downplay and slander Sony?
Is this a plea for him to join the Double Standard Gang?

2 weeks ago '17        #15
 Wawdy24 said
Is this a plea for him to join the Double Standard Gang?
Iím asking the question cause I see him crying in these threads and laughing in anti Sony threads.

2 weeks ago '04        #16
Wawdy24 
 SPdaGOAT said
Iím asking the question cause I see him crying in these threads and laughing in anti Sony threads.
I think he gets a kick out of all the emotional replies from the FB5... it makes me laugh also

+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #17
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 18062 18 K  Slaps total: 11163 11 K
Xbots celebrate everything but new games
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #18
Wawdy24 
 Swade009 said
Ponies sit in BX all day and complain Xbox has no games... yet they aren't playing games

+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #19
Liquid-Science 
Props total: 1525 1 K  Slaps total: 343 343
 Swade009 said
Celebrated getting a free MLB The Show 21

Tell Sony to develop better framerates and actually use next gen textures for The Show 22
+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #20
snaxxx 
Props total: 5045 5 K  Slaps total: 770 770
 Liquid-Science said

Tell Sony to develop better framerates and actually use next gen textures for The Show 22
Free ? Lmao ..... tell me what happens when you stop paying for that game pass subscription

Looks like y’all happy with not getting any exclusives and not owning any games ......

Guess Phil Spencer is doing right by his Xbots , I mean thats what y’all want

Last edited by snaxxx; 05-01-2021 at 06:56 PM..

2 weeks ago '17        #21
 Liquid-Science said

Why doesnít Xbox just make a baseball game that will use the 12 TF
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #22
CrAkKedOuT 
Props total: 22992 22 K  Slaps total: 3760 3 K
 Christ Like said
According to my sources 40+ of those games will be from Obama first term

2 weeks ago '04        #23
Wawdy24 
 snaxxx said
Free ? Lmao ..... tell me what happens when you stop paying for that game pass subscription

Looks like yíall happy with not getting any exclusives and not owning any games ......

Guess Phil Spencer is doing right by his Xbots , I mean thats what yíall want

It's free... buy 1 year of gamepass... and The Show 21 will be outdated and a new one will launch

2 weeks ago '06        #24
snaxxx 
Props total: 5045 5 K  Slaps total: 770 770
 Wawdy24 said
It's free... buy 1 year of gamepass... and The Show 21 will be outdated and a new one will launch

Okay if thatís what free means to you

2 weeks ago '04        #25
Wawdy24 
 snaxxx said
Okay if thatís what free means to you

Cost me $166 for 3 years of Live with Gamepass ($54.99 per year for Live and $1 to upgrade to Gamepass Ultimate)... $70 if I wanted to buy The Show... $96 more in games until I break even (and that's only counting The Show in the Equation)... so yeah, it was free
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+55online now  19
Hitch got closure.
56 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+81online now  16
May 11 - My nucca got in to fender bender and started nuccing nuccas the fu-k ..
299 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  14
Image(s) inside Share Your Crypto Portfolio
119 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+31online now  11
Video inside Transformer c*cked and loaded with the receipts on shiesty