Read manga or watch the animated series?

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 week ago '14        #1
183 page views
15 comments

504  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
space
space
Props total: 69817 69 K  Slaps total: 13119 13 K
Read manga or watch the animated series?

Which one do you guys prefer for anime?
+1   

best
worst
15 comments

1 week ago '19        #2
Feti Mac 
space
space
Props total: 1874 1 K  Slaps total: 770 770

Prefer video cause it is easier for me to sit back and relax instead of reading in a grandpa chair
+1   

1 week ago '18        #3
Dehone 
space
space
Props total: 17371 17 K  Slaps total: 740 740
Depends on how much they change from the manga. I hate filler and taming sh*t down in anime
+1   

1 week ago '14        #4
Daptism 
space
space
space
Props total: 32311 32 K  Slaps total: 5816 5 K
Read the manga first generally and then go to anime.

Look at Vinland Saga from last season. Manga is incredible but I must say the anime blew my expectations. So it depends.
+7   

1 week ago '09        #5
TriniSoldier 
space
space
Props total: 74070 74 K  Slaps total: 17723 17 K
 Daptism said
Read the manga first generally and then go to anime.

Look at Vinland Saga from last season. Manga is incredible but I must say the anime blew my expectations. So it depends.
added to the list

1 week ago '04        #6
knotmydayever 
space
space
Props total: 690 690  Slaps total: 59 59
Akame GA k*ll
+2   

1 week ago '04        #7
Merdock12 
space
space
Props total: 428 428  Slaps total: 11 11
I think it depends. I read the first book of Attack on Titan and it just didn't capture the speed and intensity of using ODM gear like the show does.

I read the first book of Fire Force and I felt like it did more to expand on the characters and develop them at a nicer pace than the show did.

1 week ago '15        #8
gemini8686  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 12338 12 K  Slaps total: 4568 4 K
Watching the anime series. The music scores in anime makes the f*ghts and moments that much better

1 week ago '18        #9
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 15620 15 K  Slaps total: 3113 3 K
I started reading manga in 07. Most of the series I try out since then are based on if i'd read it without art. If it's a series that i'd read w/o the art, then i'd continue to read. Plus, I need a hook. It's something in the narrative that captures me and is engaging.

So, a hook, well written story and lastly an antagonist or at least an infectious character. Even if it's an immediate antagonist and not the final one. I need an antagonist that doesn't seem bland. Many manga and authors don't want to give away the final antagonist right away, so I can settle for an infectious character or 2. Sasuke, Zoro, Shanks, Armin, Arthur, Kisuke, etc. Many characters just have those things about them that you know they could produce dope moments. I can hear their Seiyuu (voice actor) before there's even an anime announcement by reading their dialogue.

I started from anime and didn't know what manga was til like 07. I started with Bleach's manga. After that, I found Reborn, Naruto, HxH etc. In 09, I got onto One Piece's manga. Ever since then, it's been dope to watch some series get anime announcements and the anime actually turn out nice.

MHA, Yakusoku no Neverland, Enen no Shobotai, Shingeki no Kyojin, Mob Psycho, Dr. Stone and many more are manga that i've been reading since they were first serialized and they turned out to get animes.

Manga isn't for everyone tho. Many won't admit it, but they love visuals over a well written story. They try to come off as what they consider "intellectual". The truth is, liking well written story over visual is just a preference. It doesn't make you any more capable than the next audience member. It's just difference taste.

It's okay to tune in when great animators collaborate on 2 or 3 episodes of an anime that you don't normally care to keep up with. It's also okay to be "anime only".

To answer your question, I prefer to know the source material, then enjoy the anime if it is fortunate to get one.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #10
AfroBucks88 
space
space
Props total: 23170 23 K  Slaps total: 1411 1 K
in the early 90's my bro used to boost Manga VHS

i never seen a manga comic till 97'/98' which was DBZ

Last edited by AfroBucks88; 01-15-2020 at 10:50 PM..
+1   

1 week ago '10        #11
Blkboipurp 
space
space
Props total: 19094 19 K  Slaps total: 1643 1 K
Both

1 week ago '19        #12
1mcchicken2go 
space
space
Props total: 253 253  Slaps total: 18 18
If I read it, then I'll check out their anime unless the animation is bad.

Or if it has hella filler like Bleach/Naruto/Boruto then I'm watching only the f*ghts.

I definitely read more than I watch. Some manga, webtoons, manwhas, comics, etc. Never get animated despite being superb.

Last edited by 1mcchicken2go; 01-16-2020 at 02:01 AM..

1 week ago '15        #13
charlieramboo2 
space
space
Props total: 1119 1 K  Slaps total: 275 275
i havnt read a manga in like 3 weeks, them sh*ts died out on the internet

but i always prefer the source material. anime will change things up and or leave things out.. but like some manga the adaptation to anime is superior due to the art and f*ghting scenes. example my hero no academia, terrible and incoherent f*ght scenes and dialogue in the manga, so sometimes ill have to wait on the anime for clarification.

all depends on the mangaka, really

7 days ago '14        #14
504  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20 OP
space
space
Props total: 69817 69 K  Slaps total: 13119 13 K
 Pastor Ra said
I started reading manga in 07. Most of the series I try out since then are based on if i'd read it without art. If it's a series that i'd read w/o the art, then i'd continue to read. Plus, I need a hook. It's something in the narrative that captures me and is engaging.

So, a hook, well written story and lastly an antagonist or at least an infectious character. Even if it's an immediate antagonist and not the final one. I need an antagonist that doesn't seem bland. Many manga and authors don't want to give away the final antagonist right away, so I can settle for an infectious character or 2. Sasuke, Zoro, Shanks, Armin, Arthur, Kisuke, etc. Many characters just have those things about them that you know they could produce dope moments. I can hear their Seiyuu (voice actor) before there's even an anime announcement by reading their dialogue.

I started from anime and didn't know what manga was til like 07. I started with Bleach's manga. After that, I found Reborn, Naruto, HxH etc. In 09, I got onto One Piece's manga. Ever since then, it's been dope to watch some series get anime announcements and the anime actually turn out nice.

MHA, Yakusoku no Neverland, Enen no Shobotai, Shingeki no Kyojin, Mob Psycho, Dr. Stone and many more are manga that i've been reading since they were first serialized and they turned out to get animes.

Manga isn't for everyone tho. Many won't admit it, but they love visuals over a well written story. They try to come off as what they consider "intellectual". The truth is, liking well written story over visual is just a preference. It doesn't make you any more capable than the next audience member. It's just difference taste.

It's okay to tune in when great animators collaborate on 2 or 3 episodes of an anime that you don't normally care to keep up with. It's also okay to be "anime only".

To answer your question, I prefer to know the source material, then enjoy the anime if it is fortunate to get one.
Dope I just got into manga because I got sick and tired of waiting for aot season 4 now Im hooked lol
+1   

7 days ago '15        #15
Lito Guapalot 
space
space
Props total: 18084 18 K  Slaps total: 264 264
Haven't been into manga since I was in grade school when I used to read the Mega Man NT Warrior series. But I did read Akira back in 2013 cuz I always loved the movie. Highly recommend it & it's even better than the movie

6 days ago '18        #16
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 15620 15 K  Slaps total: 3113 3 K
 504 said
Dope I just got into manga because I got sick and tired of waiting for aot season 4 now Im hooked lol
Man, I know that feeling

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  19
Video inside FULL Power leak.....full scene *OBVIOUS SPOILER*
43 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+27online now  9
Prince Harry basically admitted that the Queen murdered his mother!
130 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+55online now  6
Jan 21 - Everything men do is in order to get laid says Psychologists
105 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  5
Image(s) inside Jan 21 - Worker's dead body exposed after tarp falls from Hard Rock NO..
133 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy