what % of one's saving should one invest in bitcoin or other crypto?

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '04        #1
495 page views
16 comments

Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$20,043 | Props total: 3514 3514
what % of one's saving should one invest in bitcoin or other crypto?

i started doing small time crypto plays (i think i put $2,000 u.s.d. spread out among 6-7 diff. coins @ one point) i believe in early 2018.

long story short, i did two things: paid for a major repair on my car and move into a new place. so, basically i took out $1,500 from that initial $2,000 investment about 6 months after the investment (most of the money is in bitcoin now).

now after living on my own for nearly a year, i have a cushion of money saved that i would be o.k. for about 5-6 months if i lost my job.

so: what % of savings should i invest in bitcoin or other potential big bucks crypto?

i'm already signed up on the necessary sites. just looking for some advice
+1   

16 comments for "what % of one's saving should one invest in bitcoin or other crypto?"

2 weeks ago '04        #2
biscuit 127 heat pts127
space
space
$26,081 | Props total: 19036 19036
I'll put myself out there as a person who doesn't currently invest in the stock market but is just studying it for future purposes.

I'd say the percentage you should invest is nothing unless you can find a reason too.

I've been listening to and watching a lot of Warren Buffet lately and he says buying into crypto currency is investing by the greater fool philosophy. The business of bitcoin itself produces nothing, so don't put anything into it.

Also, it seems that the people who ultimately win big in the market are the ones who invest with a long term mentality. Good for you for paying off items with your car etc. but over time, from what I've heard, you'll lose with that "get in get out" mind set.

Someone on here who is more experienced correct me if I'm wrong.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #3
money99 45 heat pts45
space
space
space
$3,278 | Props total: 4861 4861
Never hold alts in a bear market

Trade alts but try to stick to btc or usd

Only time you hold alts is in a bullrun
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #4
doloe 15 heat pts15
space
space
$744 | Props total: 1160 1160
Ripple.

2 weeks ago '16        #5
ErnieB 83 heat pts83
space
space
$835 | Props total: 6235 6235
I’d look into something else if I were you
Something that’ll give you a better (guaranteed) return

I feel like the wave has come and gone
When it comes to money there is never a sure thing
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #6
RastaMon 
space
space
space
$1,016 | Props total: 5871 5871
 biscuit said
I'll put myself out there as a person who doesn't currently invest in the stock market but is just studying it for future purposes.

I'd say the percentage you should invest is nothing unless you can find a reason too.

I've been listening to and watching a lot of Warren Buffet lately and he says buying into crypto currency is investing by the greater fool philosophy. The business of bitcoin itself produces nothing, so don't put anything into it.

Also, it seems that the people who ultimately win big in the market are the ones who invest with a long term mentality. Good for you for paying off items with your car etc. but over time, from what I've heard, you'll lose with that "get in get out" mind set.

Someone on here who is more experienced correct me if I'm wrong.

You got places like Wisconsin trying to allow cryptocurrency to be used as payment. I wouldnt listen to warren buffet if i was you, that man gonna stop u from being a millionaire
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #7
biscuit 127 heat pts127
space
space
 RastaMon said
You got places like Wisconsin trying to allow cryptocurrency to be used as payment. I wouldnt listen to warren buffet if i was you, that man gonna stop u from being a millionaire
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #8
biscuit 127 heat pts127
space
space
 money99 said
Never hold alts in a bear market

Trade alts but try to stick to btc or usd

Only time you hold alts is in a bullrun
Please explain alts

Yes I'm new to this sh*t, but I feel I learn a lot from this section and the things I read.

Why not hold alts in a bear market?

Thanks in advance.

2 weeks ago '17        #9
money99 45 heat pts45
space
space
space
$3,278 | Props total: 4861 4861
 biscuit said
Please explain alts

Yes I'm new to this sh*t, but I feel I learn a lot from this section and the things I read.

Why not hold alts in a bear market?

Thanks in advance.
Holding alts k*ll your sat value in a bear market

Meaning you lose btc

Holding alts in a bull market increase your sat value meaning you have more btc value

End of the day it’s about bitcoin
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #10
RastaMon 
space
space
space
$1,016 | Props total: 5871 5871
 biscuit said
all ima say, laugh now, cry later
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #11
hammertime71604 
space
space
space
$921 | Props total: 489 489
I feel like crypto is closer to gambling than investing. Invest what you’d be willing to lose.
+3   

1 week ago '05        #12
dasill 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,355 | Props total: 7180 7180
Don't invest any more than you are comfortable losing
+2   

1 week ago '04        #13
HotBYoungTurk 15 heat pts15
space
space
$12,451 | Props total: 3152 3152
5-10%

Especially if you think crypto is BS.. That way you have something... but not giving away too much if sh*t crumbles..

1 week ago '11        #14
eliwood 147 heat pts147
space
space
$36,309 | Props total: 14400 14400
 biscuit said
Buffett's money is in stocks. It's in his best interest to sh*t on crypto to keep investors' money in the market

And I say this as someone with 0 crypto holdings and most of my wealth in the market
+1   

1 week ago '13        #15
noob101 
space
space
space
$268 | Props total: 159 159
 Hardkore said

i started doing small time crypto plays (i think i put $2,000 u.s.d. spread out among 6-7 diff. coins @ one point) i believe in early 2018.

long story short, i did two things: paid for a major repair on my car and move into a new place. so, basically i took out $1,500 from that initial $2,000 investment about 6 months after the investment (most of the money is in bitcoin now).

now after living on my own for nearly a year, i have a cushion of money saved that i would be o.k. for about 5-6 months if i lost my job.

so: what % of savings should i invest in bitcoin or other potential big bucks crypto?

i'm already signed up on the necessary sites. just looking for some advice
Only invest what you willing to lose.
+2   

1 week ago '08        #16
Real King James 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,358 | Props total: 14466 14466
 eliwood said
Buffett's money is in stocks. It's in his best interest to sh*t on crypto to keep investors' money in the market

And I say this as someone with 0 crypto holdings and most of my wealth in the market
lol Buffett and Berkshire have over $100 billion in cash to deploy at anytime. If he really thought crypto was worth investing in, he would. sh*tting on it to prop up the stock market makes 0 sense because crypto is just a tiny drop in the bucket compared to stocks and has 0 effect on it.

OP you should only risk what you're willing to lose. And only invest a small percentage of your investable cash into any single position.

7 days ago '05        #17
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,710 | Props total: 4772 4772
$100 per month till i get to $5gs

Home      

most viewed right now
+53online now  48
goes to my college... damn yo. Middle finger to this life fahm.
49 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+36online now  42
Article inside Officer charged after taking videos of black man’s penis and showing ..
44 comments
18 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  40
Mar 20 - 5G Home internet coming to 17 markets, $50/month, 200mbps up & down, ..
91 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+113online now  14
Rap Concerts are a weird environment
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy