Aug 17 - 1 Hr of Hookah = 200 Cigarettes?

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-19-2012, 11:51 AM         #41
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HHS said:
No denying that smoking anything is bad for you, including hookah, but while it might be the same volume of smoke as cigarettes, the chemical composition is different both because its burnt at a lower temp and it doesn't have the additives that cigarettes do.

Plus, for a lot of people hookah is an occasional thing.
this

and the fact everyone is missing out on one of the main things about hookah....

the smoke passes through water, getting rid of some of the tar and carcinogens
 5 years ago '06        #42
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,006 | Props total: 1467 1467
 Prostyle said:
ANY SMOKE YOU INHALE IS BAD FOR YOU

Yes, weed too,

Don't believe the hype, do the research yourself.
Got vape?
 5 years ago '08        #43
fit2bboss 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,604 | Props total: 1320 1320
I quit smoking socially 2 years ago. and I feel better than I was 2 years ago mentally and physically.
 08-19-2012, 12:39 PM         #44
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 agentspits.com said:
I will never purposely put any type of smoke in my lungs

fu*k that life
wack.
 5 years ago '04        #45
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
Unless you have weed on it, why the fu*k are you even inhaling the smoke? Hookahs are about taste, just like cigars. Shouldn't be inhaling.
 5 years ago '04        #46
lilflip01 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,160 | Props total: 16 16
 SomeOnesoN said:
so would that be the equivalent to 200 joints with weed?
My n*gga!
 5 years ago '06        #47
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,904 | Props total: 25791 25791
 filleezcustoms said:
im fu*ked!!!!! i just quit but i was smoking 2-5 blunts a day for 12 yrs
No no you're not thc helps clear your lungs cigs/tobacco does not

• Marijuana contains THC. THC is a bronchial dilator, which means it works like a cough drop and opens up your lungs, which aids clearance of smoke and dirt. Nicotine does just the opposite; it makes your lungs bunch up and makes it harder to cough anything up.

Smoke up!!
 5 years ago '04        #48
filleezcustoms 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,649 | Props total: 300 300
 Yung Dilla said:

• Marijuana contains THC. THC is a bronchial dilator, which means it works like a cough drop and opens up your lungs, which aids clearance of smoke and dirt. Nicotine does just the opposite; it makes your lungs bunch up and makes it harder to cough anything up.

Smoke up!!
the vanilla dutch masters i used to smoke had a natural tobacco leaf wrapper. i was getting that double dose

thc and tobac

seems like a recipe for disaster

like uppers and downers type of thing but

i read some of the "emperor wears no clothes by jack herrer" and he says the same

about the trees..... i have the volcano but loved the blunts way more.

5 years ago '07        #49
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,626 | Props total: 2469 2469
damn i'm going to show this article to my folks..they have a sh*tload of hookahs in the house, all different sizes and w/every single flavor you can think of too
 08-19-2012, 10:53 PM         #50
Kudafi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 2D.... said:
although any kind of smoke is bad for you
smoking hookah and smoking cigs are 2 completely different things

hookah smoke is more similar to vaping since nothing is actually being burnt
its the convective movement of heat through the shisha that produces the smoke
not to mention the fact that shisha is very moist and flavored which produces a lot of the smoke
not necessarily the heating of the tobacco

cigarettes have tons of added chemicals that fuel addiction and damage to your lungs
also cigs are being directly burnt with fire which produces the majority of carcinogens

there are easily just as many studies that suggest this as there are studies like the article suggested
hookah is a relatively new trend for americans so its tough to do a quick study on a long term effect

there's no way i believe an hour of hookah is even comparable to 200 cigs ...
Thank you. Someone with a brain.

Quality of cigarette smoke != quality of hookah smoke. So comparing volume of smoke inhaled is a false way of dictating which one is worse.
 5 years ago '11        #51
GetuOne 73 heat pts73
space
space
$4,475 | Props total: 6 6
LOL, heeeellll nah. I was at a hookah bar yesterday
 5 years ago '11        #52
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,229 | Props total: 24721 24721
 Sakurai said:
While it's true that the inhalation of any smoke will cause some damage to your lungs there is absolutely no proof that smoking marijuana can cause lung cancer and k!ll you like cigarettes
youre right but your lungs will become rocks and youll have difficulty breathing for the rest of your life. My moms a doctor and she sees those types of dudes alot.
 5 years ago '07        #53
fivetreyfour 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,409 | Props total: 893 893
Wife bought me one of these 4 months ago...

[pic - click to view]

Haven't had a cigarette or smoked hookah since. After 15+ years of smoking Newports I'm glad I'm finally done with em. Still get that little bit of nicotine with vaping but without all the extra chemicals and burning my lungs/throat. Cost wise it's not that much more with how much squares cost now, plus some vendors come out with some damn good juice flavors.
 08-20-2012, 03:39 AM         #54
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JT1E said:
this is such bullsh*t. anyone who buys into this is a moron. yes bad for you, but 100 cigs. cmon. if i smoked 5 packs of cigs in a night i couldn't even breath the next day. but 1 hour of hookah which i have done many times I would be fine.
exactly how i feel, experience over gossip

mrep3 said:
This is true cuz when I smoke hookah my lungs feel like I smoked 200 Marlboro reds with no filter the next morning.
no offense to who's hookah it was but they clearly set it up wrong. coming from someone who started off casual with the college scene and upgraded to their own hookah, they put the coal too close to the shisha which caused it to burn up and should never happen. they probably packed the bowl too much which caused it to burn which hurts like sh*t and can leave you with one of the worst headaches and mornings known ever. unless you have something against smoke, i recommend you try it again with a place that knows how to do it right, just to get a sense of actual hookah. i bum cigs pretty regularly too so i'm not biased, at least try hookah out right.

superdrunken said:
tobacco is fu*king disgusting when you set it on fire. It smells fantastic before you burn it. I've tried hookah and it's still gross, unless it's all trees, pass city.
what i said just now to the other guy, you had it packed improperly... don't let one bad experience turn you off. even if you don't like it, get an accurate experience. and, like i said before, you're not burning it. heating to vapor is a bit different.

Sniggit said:
this

and the fact everyone is missing out on one of the main things about hookah....

the smoke passes through water, getting rid of some of the tar and carcinogens
true, and even adding to that, most shishas these days are made with 0% tar (used right), as said on the box.

fit2bboss said:
I quit smoking socially 2 years ago. and I feel better than I was 2 years ago mentally and physically.
always a good thing

Yung Dilla said:

Smoke up!!
yep, pretty much every study agrees that THC expands your lungs and lowers the chance of tar affecting it but a whole-fu*king-lot. but i will mention for this thread that nicotine also exists in shisha since it is still tobacco, but in much lower concentrations due to the added moisture and flavor.

Deniro732 said:
damn i'm going to show this article to my folks..they have a sh*tload of hookahs in the house, all different sizes and w/every single flavor you can think of too
at least check out other research first, there are tons that don't agree with this.

Kudafi said:
Thank you. Someone with a brain.

Quality of cigarette smoke != quality of hookah smoke. So comparing volume of smoke inhaled is a false way of dictating which one is worse.
couldn't agree more, i'm just a mediocre chemical engineer just outta school but i spent a lot of time studying this for a project and its clear from the beginning that's its two different processes. smoke is not just smoke, its not that clear, even if its all not particularly good for you.

The Rhyming Ape said:
youre right but your lungs will become rocks and youll have difficulty breathing for the rest of your life. My moms a doctor and she sees those types of dudes alot.
just as a note, smoking bud doesn't have to be smoke, vaping is much cleaner for your lungs and won't build up tar/carcinogens. blunts definitely are bad for you though, but i suppose everyone picks their poison.
 5 years ago '11        #55
Pakchoy 833 heat pts833
space
space
$6,664 | Props total: 40936 40936
 autoraptronix said:
Better comparison would be to an hour of cigarette smoking, not a single cig.
No need to compare. Average cig lasts couple minutes when lit so if you do the math and say it lasts say minimum 2 minutes thats 30 in an hour
 5 years ago '07        #56
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,445 | Props total: 16190 16190
 ShaneDawg said:
I understand any smoke in your lungs is bad for you, but how can hookah smoke be as bad as cigarettes? don't cigarettes have all sorts of extra chemicals added?
cigarette company propaganda.... when you have something immediately threatening profits... take out the competition
 5 years ago '12        #57
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,263 | Props total: 840 840
wow im coo off the hookah now man.. i always thought it was atleast a lil better than cigarettes because u dont even actually inhale it, your supposed to just taste it..

ima keep my hookah usage down to like twice a year, i own one but i usually put bud in it lol
 5 years ago '07        #58
mainevent4u88 101 heat pts101
space
space
$9,252 | Props total: 4736 4736
 Prostyle said:
ANY SMOKE YOU INHALE IS BAD FOR YOU

Yes, weed too,

Don't believe the hype, do the research yourself.

Cheeseburgers from McDonalds are bad for you too. Pick your poisons ladies and gents.
 5 years ago '08        #59
Keno 19 heat pts19
space
space
$7,045 | Props total: 4884 4884
Misleading info one hour of hookah is 200 cigs worth of smoke. Not one cig equals one hour of hookah.
 5 years ago '04        #60
young shiz 3 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$1,113 | Props total: 91 91
 Keno024 said:
Misleading info one hour of hookah is 200 cigs worth of smoke. Not one cig equals one hour of hookah.
How was it misleading haha? I said 1 hr = 200 cigarettes.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
126 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
347 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy