Classic photo: A young Biggie & a young Nas

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #41
TooMuchSulli 34 heat pts34
space
space
$1,709 | Props total: 0 0
Nah son... J.Cole took this pic
 6 years ago '06        #42
Exxo 
space
space
$583 | Props total: 0 0

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #43
down2earth 18 heat pts18
space
space
$3,391 | Props total: 0 0
So if what some of yall is saying is true about Nas and Big not having beef then who was The Message off of "It Was Written" aimed at???
 6 years ago '04        #44
strahan2004 40 heat pts40
space
space
$5,059 | Props total: 405 405
 Archangel said:
All I see is one GOAT and one PIG.
Get me some Prep H now !
 03-05-2012, 04:59 AM         #45
lifeundthescope 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyuzi said:
I wonder who snapped the pic of Nas and Pac
 Andre3stacks said:

[pic - click to view]

fu*kING
 6 years ago '10        #46
uddart 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19

[pic - click to view]

fu*k Jay-z
 03-05-2012, 07:52 AM         #47
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lupe Hunter said:
I bet they recorded at least two songs together but they probably wasn't finished

Guess we'll never know
Who do you think kick in the door was for? Mad rapper skits.........cats had beef
 6 years ago '06        #48
LYTE 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$14,133 | Props total: 4734 4734
mad rappers skits were actually aimed at.......MAD RAPPERS in general. a lot of n*ggas were hating big.

"Kick in the door" had a few bars thrown at Nas. CONFIRMED by LIL CEASE himself in one of the oh so repetitive sh*t they do on big & pac over & over.

JAy wasnt a force or had a name for being the greats until Vol.2 Lets not forget that easy. after big died in 97 and pac a year before, there was a void for a year. JAy claimed it. Nas was riding hte success of IWW

I believe(that means not a fact MY opinion) that on "last dayz" big threw some bars at Nas.

"waking up in cold sweats they just dreams/you still apologizing" & "996 grams(short from a ki or grands short from a mil)u need 4 more" - Last Dayz

"996 thou from being rich buy now im all for it" - Nas STREET DREAMS
"waking up in a cold sweat oh I hate that/nightmares feeling real/word to will" - STREET DREAMS REMIX

but they didnt have disrespectful problems. they actually have a show or 2 together & Nas mentioned how Puff wanted to sign him to Bad Boy also at the beginning
 6 years ago '09        #49
2nd2none 
space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 1123 1123
 LYTE said:
mad rappers skits were actually aimed at.......MAD RAPPERS in general. a lot of n*ggas were hating big.

"Kick in the door" had a few bars thrown at Nas. CONFIRMED by LIL CEASE himself in one of the oh so repetitive sh*t they do on big & pac over & over.

JAy wasnt a force or had a name for being the greats until Vol.2 Lets not forget that easy. after big died in 97 and pac a year before, there was a void for a year. JAy claimed it. Nas was riding hte success of IWW

I believe(that means not a fact MY opinion) that on "last dayz" big threw some bars at Nas.

"waking up in cold sweats they just dreams/you still apologizing" & "996 grams(short from a ki or grands short from a mil)u need 4 more" - Last Dayz

"996 thou from being rich buy now im all for it" - Nas STREET DREAMS
"waking up in a cold sweat oh I hate that/nightmares feeling real/word to will" - STREET DREAMS REMIX

but they didnt have disrespectful problems. they actually have a show or 2 together & Nas mentioned how Puff wanted to sign him to Bad Boy also at the beginning

"a fist f!ght would be asinine, you just pop wine, i must pop nines
genuine steel piece NASle in your grill piece" called the n*gga out by name

nas stays sippin the dom p

then again its all on wax prolly nothing but respect between the two
 6 years ago '07        #50
Sincere730 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,655 | Props total: 6056 6056
 xbossxplayax said:
yes that and having AZ sit in instead of nas at the monopoly table in the dead president pt.2 video na'mean
He wanted Nas & AZ in the video

Nas was like
 03-05-2012, 11:45 AM         #51
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3stacks said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #52
LYTE 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
 2nd2none said:

"a fist f!ght would be asinine, you just pop wine, i must pop nines
genuine steel piece NASle in your grill piece" called the n*gga out by name

nas stays sippin the dom p

then again its all on wax prolly nothing but respect between the two
i believe he said "9s up in your grill piece"
 6 years ago '11        #53
southpawdachamp 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,965 | Props total: 1424 1424
 hustlehard365 said:
jay wasnt a factor in the king of new york convo back in those days...when he dropped the city is mine people were like who the fu*k is this guy to say that...fortunately for jigga he backed it up...stop with the revisionism of history lets not pretend that jay-z was the force he is today in the early to mid 90s reasonable doubt a classic yes but definitely wasn't as appreciated when it dropped as it is now
Reasonable Doubt added a whole nother dimension to the rap game....
unparalled @ the time.
His perspective was like no one before him and i don't even like the n*ggaz music now.
So to say that jay didn't pop until the city is mine is laughable. you must be fourteen.

you speaking off articles you read, i'm speaking from memory.
 03-05-2012, 12:34 PM         #54
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 southpawdachamp said:
unparalled @ the time.
His perspective was like no one before him and i don't even like the n*ggaz music now.
So to say that jay didn't pop until the city is mine is laughable. you must be fourteen.

Really? So his persona and the smooth hustlers wasn't a protoype of Kane
 6 years ago '06        #55
LYTE 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
 southpawdachamp said:
unparalled @ the time.

Jay didnt pop with Reasonable Doubt. the hood fucc with it but Jay name didnt come up with the greats until 98 the earliest.

even on Vol.1 when me & my brothers peoples(who were 10 years older than me at the time)was sitting there listening to "where im from" & Jay said "who's the best emcee Biggi, Jayz or Nas?"

he wasnt a fn factor at that time nor nobody was claiming him as their favorite at that particular time. I havent heard nobody with the exception of 1 dude claim Jay as a fav. prior to 98 in NY

P.s. I copped them albums heavy during that era. bought JayZ the last Tues. of June followed by Nas on July 2nd 1996
 6 years ago '05        #56
dahabi 90 heat pts90
space
space
$10,759 | Props total: 1240 1240
 Dos-effect said:
Really? So his persona and the smooth hustlers wasn't a protoype of Kane
:agreement6:
 6 years ago '10        #57
uddart 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
 southpawdachamp said:
unparalled @ the time.

History tells us something else
 6 years ago '05        #58
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,980 | Props total: 3261 3261
 down2earth said:
So if what some of yall is saying is true about Nas and Big not having beef then who was The Message off of "It Was Written" aimed at???
It WAS aimed at BIG.

My understanding of the situation is..Nas and Big were cool when Puffy started Bad Boy and wanted to sign Nas. Nas didn't end up signing, and Rae and Ghost and Big hated each other so Nas was kind of stuck in the middle for a while. Some sh*t we didn't know of probably happened, and Nas went at Biggie on The Message and Biggie went at Nas on Kick In The Door. I think they both patched it up before he passed though.
 6 years ago '04        #59
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
I'm from Brooklyn. Born in 84. I remember 94-97 NYC.

Jay was not in the discussion.

He started to bubble a little bit in 95-96... but nothing MAJOR. After Big died, he had sh*t like Where I'm From (which was pretty huge in NY), the little sh*t with Junior Mafia, and some other stuff popping. Still not considered for King of NY. Even though Big was dead... it was STILL Big.

Then he had Money Ain't a Thang (HUGE), It's Alright (big) and Hard Knock Life (the song where he TOOK KoNY), and that was it. He basically just told NY and the rest of America that he was gonna be the king of rap.. so just buy Volume II, sit back and watch.

His tremendous mainstream appeal seemed to come out of nowhere, for real. He went from no-name, to a local buzz.. to KING in a year and a half.

It's a joke to bring his name up in any discussion about King of New York, while Big was alive. Jay wasn't in contention at all. The whole "Biggie, Jay-Z or Nas" line wasn't even taken serious back then. It was just rapper bragging, like you hear dudes with one mixtape out now, comparing themselves to Hov. Same sh*t.. just a line in a song.

Looking back on it now, the "Biggie, Jay-Z or Nas" line stands out, and you may WANT to think it had the same meaning then, but nah.. not at all.

Biggie, Jay-Z, Rae, Ghost, Prodigy, sh*t maybe even LL (don't front on the Mr. Smith album, at the time).. Method Man.... ALL of them were over Jay in that era from 94-97.
 6 years ago '04        #60
AkaiMakai 
space
space
space
$186 | Props total: 43 43
 southpawdachamp said:
unparalled @ the time.

this is laughable... you forget Jay-z was rapping all fast a la fu shnickens/bone thug.. till nas dropped the whole mafioso sh*t

"To hold the mic I'm throbbin, mechanical movement
Understandable smooth sh*t that murderers move wit
The thief's theme, play me at night, they won't act right
The fiend of hip-hop has got me stuck like a crack pipe
The mind activation, react like I'm facin time like
'Pappy' Mason with pens I'm embracin" Nas- The world is Yours

Jay was/is Nas biggest fan... Nas declined a verse and video appearance.. made jigga sample the GOAT twice!... and ever since he felt a certain way... jigga didnt pop till late 98
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
126 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
108 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy