Jun 17 - Study: Black Men, White Ex-Cons Have Equal Job Prospects

most viewed right now
Video inside The Game - Pest Control (Official Music Video)
185 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sep 26 - POLL OF POLLS: The people say Trump won it easily
47 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Warriors media day pics and debut of new "Crossover" jersey
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Taxstone on twitter begging for a beatdown from Game
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #121
thegod 
space
space
space
$1,329 | Props total: 19 19
 itzmurda said:
no im not no "thugged out white guy", im a muthafu*kin man. you started the cyber threats with that ignorant post of yours. no im not k!llin no one right now. but if you did as you said you wanted to do, and that is smack a white person in the face (in front of me), i would fu*king k!ll you. thats my word, no e-threat.

and its funny you only chose to respond to that instead of my rebuttals that k!lled your whole argument.
bi*ch, your not a fu*king man, your a little kid. Because only little kids talk sh*t trying to act hard when the sh*t is uncalled for. Please quote where i said "i am going to smack a white person(in front of you)". You cant b/c i didnt said it. So what e threats are you talking about? You sound like a dumbass making up sh*t then trying to sound hard. I said sometimes i wanna smack some white ppl b/c the say stupid sh*t. Thats exactly what i said. And if i feel that a white person says stupid sh*t to my face and i wanna smack em, what business is that of yours. Your gonna k!ll every black person who lays a hand on a white person? You must be some type of superhero, out to save all the white ppl from getting beat up from other races. Thats essentially what your saying.

So yeah, thats the only reason i responded to just that comment, because that was the only one i took personally b/c it was directed at me when i aint say sh*t directly to your bi*ch a.ss. Your the one who started with the 'ethreats', before, and again in your reply. So yes, your an internet thug. I dont have time for ethreats and dont threaten anyone online b/c its pointless. Like i said, since your a k!ller, come to baltimore and k!ll me, otherwise shut the fu*k up and dont put words in my mouth.

But, you know what i can do. If i ever have to whip a white persons a.ss for some reason, i'll try to have someone record it on my cell so you can see it can come to try k!ll me since me whipping his a.ss is obvously your business according to you.

Last edited by thegod; 06-19-2005 at 10:50 AM..
 06-19-2005, 10:53 AM         #122
itzmurda 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegod said:
bi*ch, your not a fu*king man, your a little kid. Because only little kids talk sh*t trying to act hard when the sh*t is uncalled for. Please quote where i said "i am going to smack a white person(in front of you)". You cant b/c i didnt said it. So what e threats are you talking about? You sound like a dumbass making up sh*t then trying to sound hard. I said sometimes i wanna smack some white ppl b/c the say stupid sh*t. Thats exactly what i said. And if i feel that a white person says stupid sh*t to my face and i wanna smack em, what business is that of yours. Your gonna k!ll every black person who lays a hand on a white person? You must be some type of superhero, out to save all the white ppl from getting beat up from other races. Thats essentially what your saying.

So yeah, thats the only reason i responded to just that comment, because that was the only one i took personally b/c it was directed at me when i aint say sh*t directly to your bi*ch a.ss. Your the one who started with the 'ethreats', before, and again in your reply. So yes, your an internet thug. I dont have time for ethreats and dont threaten anyone online b/c its pointless. Like i said, since your a k!ller, come to baltimore and k!ll me, otherwise shut the fu*k up and dont put words in my mouth.
you're a pu**y.

your whole first post was derogatory filled with lies about the white race.

saying whites enslaved you (when it was your OWN people), saying whites "held you back" when africans shared animal like primitive-ness. how do we hold you back when you're not on our level in the first place? the white man owned and fathered the black race and is still doin it today with all the money we have.

your whole post was stupid. "how can we match contributions when you held us back" HAHA you're an idiot that thinks the history of the world started with the founding of the united states. see how dumb you are?

then i see how you try to justify blacks not liking whites, how you "wanna smack whites" and why "n*ggas" should rob me

fu*k outta here, you're the cyber thug

thegod said:
But, you know what i can do. If i ever have to whip a white persons a.ss for some reason, i'll try to have someone record it on my cell so you can see it can come to try k!ll me since me whipping his a.ss is obvously your business according to you.
nice edit, ill just murder some "innocent" black children if that happens.

you cant handle me. racist black people cant handle me. they're used to scared pu**y a.ss "white boys". im the model in which all white people should be like, a proud white man. im a leader. and when i get the power i deserve, im gonna make sure the white race survives for centuries upon centuries upon centuries to come. more white people need to be like me in a time where whites will let a black p!ss on them to prove they arent racist.

Last edited by itzmurda; 06-19-2005 at 11:02 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #123
thegod 
space
space
space
 itzmurda said:
you're a pu**y.

your whole first post was derogatory filled with lies about the white race.

saying whites enslaved you (when it was your OWN people), saying whites "held you back" when africans shared animal like primitive-ness. how do we hold you back when you're not on our level in the first place? the white man owned and fathered the black race and is still doin it today with all the money we have.

your whole post was stupid. "how can we match contributions when you held us back" HAHA you're an idiot that thinks the history of the world started with the founding of the united states. see how dumb you are?

then i see how you try to justify blacks not liking whites, how you "wanna smack whites" and why "n*ggas" should rob me

fu*k outta here, you're the cyber thug

Whites didnt hold us back segrating us and keeping us from schools and jobs. Whites didnt racial profile us. Whites didnt keep us from voting. Whites werent slave masters? Yeah, i thought so. You didnt say in your first post you were talking about contributions to the WORLD as you tried to switch up in a later post so i was talking about sh*t that has happened in the united states. Which if you could read the part when i said its barely been 50 years since we had equal rights, you could see that.

And yes, i said n*ggas should rob your a.ss. Because you think your hard. You didnt say I'll come to the hood with my chain on and money in my pocket with out being scared, you said 'I'll come to the hood flashing my cash and my jewels, and cant NOBODY beat me". So yeah, with that attitude you deserved to get robbed for thinking like that, and you would get robbed actually.

Why dont blacks like white people, Why do Blacks seem to have aggression towards white people, b/c of statements like yours:

"how do we hold you back when you're not on our level in the first place? the white man owned and fathered the black race and is still doin it today with all the money we have".
 06-19-2005, 11:23 AM         #124
itzmurda 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegod said:
Whites didnt hold us back segrating us and keeping us from schools and jobs. Whites didnt racial profile us. Whites didnt keep us from voting. Whites werent slave masters? Yeah, i thought so. You didnt say in your first post you were talking about contributions to the WORLD as you tried to switch up in a later post so i was talking about sh*t that has happened in the united states. Which if you could read the part when i said its barely been 50 years since we had equal rights, you could see that.

And yes, i said n*ggas should rob your a.ss. Because you think your hard. You didnt say I'll come to the hood with my chain on and money in my pocket with out being scared, you said 'I'll come to the hood flashing my cash and my jewels, and cant NOBODY beat me". So yeah, with that attitude you deserved to get robbed for thinking like that, and you would get robbed actually.

Why dont blacks like white people, Why do Blacks seem to have aggression towards white people, b/c of statements like yours:

"how do we hold you back when you're not on our level in the first place? the white man owned and fathered the black race and is still doin it today with all the money we have".
hold you back from the white man's contributions? who said you were entitled to them in the first place? make your own schools and jobs. why do you want the white man's schools and jobs? whites were slavemasters along with BLACKS and jews. why should whites take all the blame? because jews want them to.

these are people(africans) that in many cases sold thier own children into slavery and you want them to be treated as equals to the people who are responsible modern civilization? its that way now but i can see why blacks werent allowed to vote at the time. why should we teach you english? create your own language. WHY DO YOU FEEL YOU WERE YOU ENTITLED TO BE TAUGHT THE WHITE MAN'S LANGUAGE? blacks/jews are the greatest culture thieves of all time and your denial is pathetic.

in the history of the world blacks have invented nothing. it wasnt until they were "held back" (rofl) by the white man and learned from him in which they became successful at ANYTHING.

aint no "n*ggas" gonna rob me, they would rob you before they robbed me.

as far as the last thing you quoted, if you dont like the FACTS of life, then dont read them. cause its 100% TRUE.

im done with you, you're not too bright.

Last edited by itzmurda; 06-19-2005 at 11:31 AM..
 06-19-2005, 11:33 AM         #125
DJsharpy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this caucazoid mutant can spew all of his skewed facts to serve his argument, but it still doesn't dismiss the common knowlege that cracker a.ss crackers are evil... jewish propaganda? jewish crackers.... persion slave trade... persion crackers.... fu*k a cracker tight a.ss f*g**t catholic cild molesting lil beezy.....
 06-19-2005, 11:34 AM         #126
itzmurda 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJsharpy said:
this caucazoid mutant can spew all of his skewed facts to serve his argument, but it still doesn't dismiss the common knowlege that cracker a.ss crackers are evil... jewish propaganda? jewish crackers.... persion slave trade... persion crackers.... fu*k a cracker tight a.ss f*g**t catholic cild molesting lil beezy.....
nappy headed n1ggers are the true evils. a n1gger is the offspring between a monkey and satan.
 11 years ago '04        #127
LordBlanco|M 43 heat pts43
space
space
$30,767 | Props total: 3500 3500
 itzmurda said:
hold you back from the white man's contributions? who said you were entitled to them in the first place? make your own schools and jobs. why do you want the white man's schools and jobs? whites were slavemasters along with BLACKS and jews. why should whites take all the blame? because jews want them to.

these are people(africans) that in many cases sold thier own children into slavery and you want them to be treated as equals to the people who are responsible modern civilization? its that way now but i can see why blacks werent allowed to vote at the time. why should we teach you english? create your own language. WHY DO YOU FEEL YOU WERE YOU ENTITLED TO BE TAUGHT THE WHITE MAN'S LANGUAGE? blacks/jews are the greatest culture thieves of all time and your denial is pathetic.

in the history of the world blacks have invented nothing. it wasnt until they were "held back" (rofl) by the white man and learned from him in which they became successful at ANYTHING.

aint no "n*ggas" gonna rob me, they would rob you before they robbed me.

as far as the last thing you quoted, if you dont like the FACTS of life, then dont read them. cause its 100% TRUE.

im done with you, you're not too bright.

Shut the fu*k up, when you go to jail, hopefully you'll have plenty of time to turn to Islam.
 06-19-2005, 11:49 AM         #128
DJsharpy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 itzmurda said:
nappy headed n1ggers are the true evils. a n1gger is the offspring between a monkey and satan.
and whitey came from the n*ggas.... making you lower on the food chain... ignant a.ss cracker.... go jerk off watching another interracial gangbang ... FACT = Most f*gs are white. FACT = Most convicted child molesters are white... I think it has to do with all of the incest... trying to keep those bloodlines pure... hahaha... fu*k outta here.
 06-19-2005, 11:54 AM         #129
Maxamillin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 itzmurda said:
blah blah blah im a peckerwood and you're a n1gger. stop blaming sh*t the jews/blacks are responsible for on the white man and we can have a real conversation
i wrote all thoe FACTS and all you had to say was fu*k you? you could from a response to fact? and the jews dont run the world, the white christian rules the world. saying jews run the world is bullsh*t.white people are the oppressors of every race known.
 11 years ago '04        #130
thegod 
space
space
space
 itzmurda said:
And your not racists right? We're culture thieves? Why are you even here, take your a.ss to the CMT board keeping talking that rubbish. Hip Hop music is not part of your culture, but you and other non rhyming, no rhythm white ppl wanna be all up in the mix. But when we do something better than what you fu*ks can do, like um, 98% of the sports out their, we're culture thieves. I knew your true racist a.ss would come out. All this time you trying to sound like a guy whos not racist but was just stating the so called facts. Facts calculated and reported by white people. Take your a.ss and Eminem over to the County Music Television forum, we dont want your a.ss over here.

Here are some of the invetions that according to you we never invented since Blacks never invented anYthing in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD.

And you white ppl are the offspring of um, your fu*king brothers and sisters, you inbred bastard.

Last edited by thegod; 06-19-2005 at 11:57 AM..
 06-19-2005, 12:00 PM         #131
Maxamillin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maxamillin said:
ALright first i wanna talk about your "fact" about Hiati. It was completely white-washed and you of courese know the white way of seeing things. Hiati is the only purely place country in the western hemisphere because it was a fu*kin slave port. the ships would stop there before moving onto the mainland. Haiti was never "granted" independance, Hiatians won their freedom through a revolution. One of the first Hiatian men with power was Louverture(sp) he tried to bring the country independence but was stopped by america and the european union's military coups. let me tell you what that means. when any country that peckerwoods were making any money off of tried to have a revolution the peckerwoods would send in 1000 troops with rifles to stop the revolution. the white people kept them enslaved in this country by making their "debts" higher and higher. if all the Hiatians worked their a.sses off all day the white people would still say they have an overwhelming debt. In Recent Years the countries main political figure Aristide has tried to stop the white people(mainly france) from enforcing upon the hiatians this unattainable debt but aristide has been forced into exile as i beleive by the US and the European Union. The genocide in Rwanda was completely at fault from the white people. the white people ran the country until its resources were nearly diminished then they had the "light skinned" black people to run the country. after a while the 90% dark skinned Rwandan's were angry at the light skinned people for running the country. but who put these people in charge in the first place with the barrel of a gun? white people, or shall i say peckerwoods. my god. all you white kids saying he makes sense or all you white kids not speaking up really show your true side. The same way white people continue to fu*k afrikans the do it to black people in america. a black man has the same percentage of getting a job as a white guy who came out of jail. these poor black people work all day supporting this country(and the biggest percentage of welfare money goes to white CEO's and their business's, not some black lady like peckerwoods like to think) to find out that the white banker sets them up on a system where theyre supposed to work 9 to 5's till their 60 then die. how can you seriously buy a house in america after paying for it for 40 years...what if something comes up, then fu*k you? you should move out, after 20 years and the bank takes back your house.i could go on for days about how the white man fu*ks blacks all day, but that would only give your saltine a.ss a hard on. so fu*k you, and take the KKK and shove it up your a.ss.
argue that point, i completely tore apart you "fact" about hiati and afrika
 11 years ago '04        #132
yitty 
space
space
$4,434 | Props total: 1 1
Okay Im a black male and yes it is hard to make a living As Blacks in bad environments we dont have the motivation and drive to score high test scores because our peers arent doing sh*t with themselves. I admit the black community are mostly followers and most of our people dont give a fu*k. So many blacks trying to emulate rappers and their neighborhood drug dealers but that doesnt not mean we dont have the capabilities to become successful and get great test scores and such. We are influenced by bad examples thus making us make bad decisons. I had an IQ of 146 and Im straight up black. Our people mean good but we need more role models and hopefully if I set an example many other blacks in my community will follow. Blacks have so much potential to be so much more. itzmurda Im not mad at you but some of your comments were biased. Whites have a better upbringing and environment because they started america and they established themselves.We blacks are catching up but we have figures like Oprah, Jay Z, the guy who owns BET, Denzel Washington.Sophisticated Black people thriving to set examples. All cultures have genuises, average people, and not so smart people. I love all cultures and all people every community and race has bad apples and outstanding people.
 06-20-2005, 12:24 AM         #133
Maxamillin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn i wrote all that sh*t for nothing
 11 years ago '04        #134
thegod 
space
space
space
 Maxamillin said:
damn i wrote all that sh*t for nothing
Lol. I think he really did take his a.ss ova to CMT.
 06-20-2005, 02:12 AM         #135
tyrax 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1st of all, fu*k THE WHITE MAN. Everything this country is founded on was written by the white man. We live by their standard, & now they are forcing other countries to live by that same standard. Minorities inherited slave work bcuz of the white man. How many latinos & blacks barely make enough for food & shelter? Too many. What's the difference between barely getting by in today's world and being a slave back in the day? Nothing. You're not free if u can't even go watch a movie w/o the $. U can't even take a shower if u don't pay ur bills. fu*k the white man. We just living in a form of modern enslavement. Society put us here & now we're enslaved by society. fu*k the white man. They have exploited every culture - they banished the Natives, they enslaved the Africans, they stole land from Mexico. They slaughtered & took over everything that was not theirs. Then they made laws 2 protect themselves. They stole from everyone & then had the nerve to put into law that u cannot steal or u will be sent 2 prison. bi*ch that was my sh*t 2 begin with!! u feel me. fu*k the white man. Why u thing Game's website is called "The Black Wallstreet"? Bcuz the white man destructed a huge black community that was flourishing. They destroyed over 600 Black businesses. 600 BUSINESSES!!!! This included 2 Black newspapers. And this was in 1921. 56 years after slavery was "abolished". That's all they've ever done - they've always made sure that we've stayed down.

Now we're all gang members 2 them & they unconstitutionally add a whole bunch of extra years at the time of sentencing- Blakely bi*ch

Last but not least, u don't know what the fu*k u talkin bout when it comes to iq's. Did u know that the average college graduate has an average of 120? Average professor - 130? How many more whites are educated as opposed to Blacks? Or Latinos, or Asians, or any other minority for that matter. Of course whites are gonna have higher averages when a lot more are getting schooled & are exposed to books at a younger age, less tv (how many poor kids get left sittin in front of a tv during the most important years of learning). That does not make the white man more intelligent. He's only been given better opportunities in a white man's world. I'll tell u 1 thing tho, i'll slay ur a.ss in a test bi*ch. That's the truth. Just like Damon Dash made bi*ch O'Reilly look weak on his own show. The white man is not more intelligent. The white man is only reaping the benefits of exploiting every other culture known 2 man. fu*k THE WHITE MAN.

Last edited by tyrax; 06-20-2005 at 02:13 AM..
 06-20-2005, 03:48 AM         #136
DJT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
An interesting essay for the open-minded:

IQ Test: Where Does It Come From and
What Does It Measure?
BY JAN STRYDOM, M.A., H.E.D., D.Ed. &
SUSAN DU PLESSIS, B.D., B.A. Hons (psychology)

The most important criterion in diagnosing a child as learning disabled is the IQ test. The aim of an IQ test is to measure the intelligence of a child, which supposedly is an indication of the child's potential. But where does the test come from and does it really measure potential?

Intelligence testing began in earnest in France, when in 1904 psychologist Alfred Binet was commissioned by the French government to find a method to differentiate between children who were intellectually normal and those who were inferior. The purpose was to put the latter into special schools where they would receive more individual attention. In this way the disruption they caused in the education of intellectually normal children could be avoided.1

This led to the development of the Binet Scale, also known as the Simon-Binet Scale in recognition of Theophile Simon's a.ssistance in its development. It constituted a revolutionary approach to the a.ssessment of individual mental ability. However, Binet himself cautioned against misuse of the scale or misunderstanding of its implications. According to Binet, the scale was designed with a single purpose in mind; it was to serve as a guide to identify children in the schools who required special education. Its intention was not to be used as “a general device for ranking all pupils according to mental worth.” Binet also noted that “the scale, properly speaking, does not permit the measure of intelligence, because intellectual qualities are not superposable, and therefore cannot be measured as linear surfaces are measured.”2 Since, according to Binet, intelligence could not be described as a single score, the use of the Intelligence Quotient (IQ) as a definite statement of a child's intellectual capability would be a serious mistake. In addition, Binet feared that IQ measurement would be used to condemn a child to a permanent “condition” of stupidity, thereby negatively affecting his or her education and livelihood:

Some recent thinkers…[have affirmed] that an individual's intelligence is a fixed quantity, a quantity that cannot be increased. We must protest and react against this brutal pessimism; we must try to demonstrate that it is founded on nothing.3

Binet's scale had a profound impact on educational development in the United States — and elsewhere. However, the American educators and psychologists who championed and utilized the scale and its revisions failed to heed Binet's caveats concerning its limitations. Soon intelligence testing a.ssumed an importance and respectability out of proportion to its actual value.

H. H. Goddard, director of research at Vineland Training School in New Jersey, translated Binet's work into English and advocated a more general application of the Simon-Binet Scale.4 Unlike Binet, Goddard considered intelligence a solitary, fixed and inborn entity that could be measured.5

While Goddard extolled the value and uses of the single IQ score, Lewis M. Terman, who also believed that intelligence was hereditary and fixed, worked on revising the Simon-Binet Scale. His final product, published in 1916 as the Stanford Revision of the Binet-Simon Scale of Intelligence (also known as the Stanford-Binet), became the standard intelligence test in the United States for the next several decades.6 Once American educators had been convinced of the need for universal intelligence testing, and the efficiency it could contribute to school programming, within a few years,

the Simon-Binet Scale, originally designed for identification of children requiring special instructional attention, was transformed into an integral, far-reaching component of the American educational structure. Through Goddard's and Terman's efforts the notion that intelligence tests were accurate, scientific, and valuable tools for bringing efficiency to the schools resulted in a.ssigning the IQ score an almost exalted position as a primary, definitive, and permanent representation of the quality of an individual. Hence, intelligence testing became entrenched in the schools over the next several decades.7

Few people realize that the tests being used today — of which the IQ test continues to be the most popular — represent the end result of a historical process that has its origins in racial and cultural bigotry. Many of the founding fathers of the modern testing industry — including Goddard, Terman and Carl Brighan (the developer of the Scholastic Aptitude Test) — advocated eugenics.8 Eugenics is a movement concerned with the selective breeding of human beings. Selected human beings would be mated with each other in an attempt to obtain certain traits in their offspring, much the same way that animal breeders work with champion stock. The eventual goal of eugenics is to create a better human race. The Nazis took this idea to the extreme. All “inferior” humans, especially Jews, retarded children or adults, and any individuals with genetic defects, were to be destroyed; and so many ill and retarded people, and many Jews, were k!lled during World War II.9

The founding fathers of the testing industry saw testing as one way of achieving the eugenicist aims. Goddard's belief in the innateness and inalterability of intelligence levels, for example, was so firm that he argued for the reconstruction of society along the lines dictated by IQ scores:

If mental level plays anything like the role it seems to, and if in each human being it is the fixed quantity that many believe it is, then it is no useless speculation that tries to see what would happen if society were organized so as to recognize and make use of the doctrine of mental levels… It is quite possible to restate practically all of our social problems in terms of mental level… Testing intelligence is no longer an experiment or of doubted value. It is fast becoming an exact science… Greater efficiency, we are always working for. Can these new facts be used to increase our efficiency? No question! We only await the Human Engineer who will undertake the work.10

As a result of his views on intelligence and society, Goddard lobbied for restrictive immigration laws. Upon his “discovery” that all immigrants, except those from Northern Europe, were of “surprisingly low intelligence;” such tight immigration laws were enacted in the 1920s.11 According to Harvard professor Steven Jay Gould in his acclaimed book The Mismeasure of Man, these tests were also influential in legitimizing forced sterilization of allegedly “defective” individuals in some states.12

By the 1920s mass use of the Stanford-Binet Scale and other tests had created a multimillion-dollar testing industry.13 By 1974, according to the Mental Measurements Yearbook, 2,467 tests measuring some form of intellectual ability were in print, 76 of which were identified as strict intelligence tests.14 In one year in the 1980s, teachers gave over 500 million standardized tests to children and adults across the United States.15 In 1989 the American Academy for the Advancement of Science listed the IQ test among the twenty most significant scientific discoveries of the twentieth century along with nuclear fission, DNA, the transistor and flight.16 Patricia Broadfoot's dictum that “assessment, far more than religion, has become the opiate of the people,”17 has come of age.
 06-20-2005, 03:50 AM         #137
DJT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So What are We Actually Measuring?
If an IQ test is supposed to measure a person's intelligence, the question is: What is intelligence? Is it the ability to do well in school? Is it the ability to read well and spell correctly? Or are the following people intelligent?

The physician who smokes three packets of cigarettes a day?

The Nobel Prize winner whose marriage and personal life are in ruins?

The corporate executive who has ingeniously worked his way to the top and also earned a heart attack for his efforts?

The brilliant and successful music composer who handled his money so poorly that he was always running from his creditors (incidentally, his name was Mozart)?18

The problem is that the term intelligence has never been defined adequately and therefore nobody knows what an IQ test is supposed to measure. In spite of this the futures of thousands of children are determined by the results of this test.

Already in the early 1920s the journalist Walter Lippmann maintained that IQ tests were nothing but a series of stunts. “We cannot measure intelligence when we have not defined it,” he said.19

In 1962 Banesh Hoffman told a shocked America about the “tyranny of testing” in his classic book of the same name. His book and others that followed stirred up much controversy, leading the National Education a.ssociation in 1976 to recommend the elimination of group standardized intelligence, aptitude, and achievement tests.20 Sarason quotes an advertisement that was placed by Psychology Today in the New York Times in August 1979, part of which appears below:

In the chaos of controversy, the standard IQ exam is flunking the test. Many educational psychologists feel that IQ testers have failed to answer two all-important questions: What is intelligence? What have IQ tests actually measured?

The National Education a.ssociation, with membership of almost 2 million teachers, has called for the abolition of standardized intelligence tests because they are “at best wasteful, and at worst, destructive.”

Yale psychologist Robert Sternberg says in P.T. that psychologists know “almost nothing about what it is that they have been measuring. The tests have proved overall to have only low to moderate power to predict such things as future job performance, income and status, or overall happiness and adjustment.”21

However, the dust soon settled after this uprising and the testing industry became more powerful than ever. The National Education a.ssociation has completely changed its stand and now “recognizes the need for periodic comprehensive testing for evaluation and diagnosis of student progress.”22 This is no wonder, says Dr. Thomas Armstrong, since it would have taken a major miracle to eliminate testing.23

Today, voices for the elimination of standardized tests are few. One is Linda S. Siegel, professor in the Department of Educational Psychology and Special Education at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada. She proposes that we abandon the IQ test in the analysis of the LD child. According to most definitions — although they are not conclusive — intelligence is made up of the skills of logical reasoning, problem solving, critical thinking, and adaptation.24 This scenario seems reasonable, until one examines the content of IQ tests. The definition of intelligence, as is operationalized in all IQ tests, includes virtually no skills that can be identified in terms of the definitions of intelligence. To support her statement, Siegel gives a detailed analysis of the subtests of the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children-Revised (WISC-R). This IQ test is composed of Verbal and Performance sections, and is nearly always used in LD diagnosis. In each subtest of the Verbal scale, performance is in varying degrees dependent on specific knowledge, vocabulary, expressive language and memory skills, while in the Performance scale, visual-spatial abilities, fine motor coordination, perceptual skills, and in some subtests speed, are essential for scoring.25 As Siegel rightly points out, IQ tests measure, for the most part, what a person has learned, not what he or she is capable of doing in the future (his potential).26

There is an additional problem in the use of IQ tests with individuals with learning disabilities. According to Siegel it is a paradox that IQ scores are required of people with LD because most of these persons have deficiencies in one or more of the component skills that are part of these IQ tests — memory, language, fine motor skills, et cetera. The effect is that they may end up having a lower IQ score than a person who does not have such problems, even though they may both have identical reasoning and problem-solving skills. The lower IQ score, therefore, may be a result of the learning disability, and IQ scores may underestimate the real intelligence of the individual with a learning disability.27

Another a.ssumption of the discrepancy definition is that the IQ score should predict reading, so that if you have a low IQ score you should be a poor reader and that poor reading is an expected consequence of low IQ. However, there are individuals who have low IQ scores and are good readers.28

The unreliability of IQ tests has been proved by numerous researchers. The scores may vary by as much as 15 points from one test to another,29 while emotional tension, anxiety, and unfamiliarity with the testing process can greatly affect test performance.30 In addition, Gould described the biasing effect that tester attitudes, qualifications, and instructions can have on testing.31 In one study, for example, ninety-nine school psychologists independently scored an IQ test from identical records, and came up with IQs ranging from 63 to 117 for the same person.32

In another study, Ysseldyke et al. examined the extent to which professionals were able to differentiate learning-disabled students from ordinary low achievers by examining patterns of scores on psychometric measures. Subjects were 65 school psychologists, 38 special-education teachers, and a “naive” group of 21 university students enrolled in programs unrelated to education or psychology. Provided with forms containing information on 41 test or subtest scores (including the WISC-R IQ test) of nine school-identified LD students and nine non-LD students, judges were instructed to indicate which students they believed were learning disabled and which were non-learning disabled.33

The school psychologists and special-education teachers were able to differentiate between LD students and low achievers with only 50 percent accuracy. The naive judges, who had never had more than an introductory course in education or psychology, evidenced a 75 percent hit rate.34 When Ysseldyke and Algozzine cite Scriven, they clearly show their belief that the current system is in trouble:

The pessimist says that a 12 ounce glass containing 6 ounces of drink is half empty — the optimist calls it half full. I can't say what I think the pessimist could say about research and practice in special education at this point, but I think the optimist could say that we have a wonderful opportunity to start all over!35

Source:
 06-20-2005, 03:51 AM         #138
DJT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Also a few random definitions of intelligence, which may not be intelligable to some...lol

"The ability to carry out abstract thinking." (Terman, 1921)

"The capacity for knowledge, and knowledge possessed." (Henmon, 1921)

"The capacity to learn or to profit by experience." (Dearborn, 1921)

"The capacity to acquire capacity." (Woodrow, 1921)

"Intelligence is what is measured by intelligence tests." (Boring, 1923)

"A global concept that involves an individual's ability to act purposefully, think rationally, and deal effectively with the environment." (Wechsler, 1958)

"Intelligence is a general factor that runs through all types of performance." (Jensen)

"A person possesses intelligence insofar as he had learned, or can learn, to adjust himself to his environment." (Colvin, cited in Sternberg, 1982, p.30)

"Intelligence is adaption to the environment." (unknown)

"Intelligence is that faculty of mind by which order is perceived in a situation previously considered disordered." (R.W. Young, cited in Kurzweil, 1999)

"Intelligent activity consists of grasping the essentials in a given situation and responding appropriately to them." (unknown)

"Intelligence is the ability to use optimally limited resources - including time - to achieve goals." (Kurzweil, 1999)

"Intelligence is what you do when you don't know what to do." (unknown)

"Intelligence is a hypothetical idea which we have defined as being reflected by certain types of behaviour." (unknown)

06-20-2005, 08:49 AM         #139
Tragedy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 itzmurda said:
it wasnt based on percentage of total population, it was based on the same amount of whites and blacks taking the same tests. if there are less blacks that actually HELPS them since its more likely of chance that one of the smarter ones would represent them.

FACT #100: The American taxpayers have spent over $2.5 TRILLION trying to upgrade Blacks since the 1960's. (6)

its a wonder why they never invested so much money into upgrading former white slaves. because we all know the first slaves in the united states were WHITE indentured servants.

anything else you want to know about opression/slavery?
Your first statement is contradictory. The fact that there are less blacks wouldn't help them as you stated. And

And you can sit here all day and post these bogus "facts" all day long. Lets look at this $2.5 Trillion that you are using to say that "White America" has used to "upgrade" blacks.

Why don't you post things like how the CIA put crack into black communities. Lets talk about how guns are delivered to black communities. Where do drugs and guns come from? If you want to sit here and bash blacks. Lets talk about why your "facts" have any bearing at all, if they do.

No black owned seaports in the nation. No black owned gun manufacturers. So that means good ole whitey is dropping em off for them.

Who runs our government which provides education and city based grants and funds to make sure schools and communities get what they need?

You can sit here and say all you want about these one sided "facts".

The real truth(fu*k a fact) is this. The white people of this country(regardless of where they come from) are still in control. Don't be an a.ss and throw out some useless fact how 7 jews are doing whatever they are. 7 people? In a nation of billions? That is one useless fact. White people as a hole still have done very little to give ALL people of this nation equality. Unfortunately it will forever remain that way until there are enough misfortunate people that stop feeling sorry, stop feeling like they have nothing to live for. When blacks and spanish people of this country unite and put the past in the past and do what they have to do to get what the deserve, that's when everything will change.

This really is a useless thread. It's a debate that has gone on for a very long time. Only one thing is ever shown with this topic... IGNORANCE.

You state that you have won every reply? What have you won? Have you won the top award of ignorance? You can speak educated and throw out all these "facts". It doesn't mean it's truth. Example: In high schools across the nation they teach that Christopher Columbus discovered America. Not True. They also teach that Abe Lincoln freed the slaves. Not true. These are "facts" according to our history teachers. We all know Columbus did not discover america, although i'm sure you can research hard enough to find evidence saying he did. Doesn't mean it's fact. Abe Lincoln did not give blacks rights, he gave states the right to allow blacks freedoms. Read the Emancipation Proclomation and you will see this. Again these are misguided facts taught to us and our children from history books. Of course you would think it's true. These "facts" have indeed been proven to be false. Another example is the bible. I won't even get into that because that's a topic of it's own.

So I say this to you, you have the right to your opinion and that's fine. Don't come into a forum of this nature and post your ignorance out of respect to the others that visit here. That is what makes you so ignorant.
 06-20-2005, 08:52 AM         #140
Tragedy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tyrax said:
1st of all, fu*k THE WHITE MAN.
I can understand that you'd be pissed off. I know this, if i lived my life and said fu*k black people or fu*k spanish people or any other culture for that matter. I'd have missed out on meeting a lot of good people.

Don't be a victim of history, Be like Marcus Garvey and help change what will become history.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx One gotta go for good
75 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vado shares pic of incarcerated Loon
129 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil Reese has been missing meals.
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Top 10 Amazing Video Games That Never Got A Sequel
72 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Grand Theft Auto: Vice City w/ Ultra 4K Graphic Card Mod
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
76 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Man wtf 79 points in 2K17 with a Sharpshooter Online
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot PS4 exclusive, 20min Gameplay
26 comments
2 days ago