most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
403 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
16 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-01-2013, 07:58 PM         #101
P Griff 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Okay....

Basically,
[spoiler - click to view]

holy jumpin fu*kin sh*tballs....

my cousin's girl dragged him to see that sh*t...right after he got out the movie he sends me a text sayin "fu*k TYLER PERRY" all i could respond with was

i didn't even ask how it ended. and that n*gga stopped speakin of it

Last edited by P Griff; 04-01-2013 at 08:02 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #102
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,832 | Props total: 4101 4101
 Mullany S said:
cant believe any grown a.ss man is cosigning that fu*kery we call tyler perry movies. nothing but pure trash,same redundant sh*t. does everybody have to have HIV in his movies?
Yeah, everybody does.
 04-03-2013, 10:29 PM         #103
KiddKidd45 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
temptation was a good movie...these type of situations need to be adressed and i think tyler perry did a fairly decent job doin so...i'd like to see op try and make a better movie/script

this is also the first movie i've seen of his dealing with HIV, and u dont even know anything about it till the end. so not sure why people are complaining so much
 5 years ago '05        #104
space
space
 KiddKidd45 said:
temptation was a good movie...these type of situations need to be adressed and i think tyler perry did a fairly decent job doin so...i'd like to see op try and make a better movie/script

this is also the first movie i've seen of his dealing with HIV, and u dont even know anything about it till the end. so not sure why people are complaining so much
Oh, the classic "I'd like to see you make a better movie"... What a weak response. Seriously? I have written scripts, I have made films. So, what's your point? Just because one might not make films doesn't prevent them from being critical or having a critical eye. And, for the record, I've made better movies than "Temptation".

These types of situations need to be addressed. It's just too bad they've been addressed in other superior films. Would you like a list? There's a lot of them. And, it isn't original. It's ripping off films like Indecent Proposal, Fatal Attraction, Unfaithful, etc. I could go on as to how this story has been told a million f*cking times.

Lastly, "For Colored Girls". He dealt with HIV in that film. And, if you really couldn't tell how HIV worked into the story until the end, you clearly haven't seen alot of films. It was so obvious to me, I couldn't believe that Tyler Perry expected me or his audience to be surprised at that bullsh*t twist.

Again, because of the last of subtlety, because of the heavy-handed message, because of the over-the-top histrionics that make the movie more self-parody than an actual drama, I cannot see how anyone can seriously look me in the eye and tell me that it was "good".

Spoiler alert: it's not.
 5 years ago '05        #105
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,933 | Props total: 6182 6182
 Bkjj11 said:
1 outta 10? lol what?

nah brotha nahhh

high school sweethearts? no, theyve known each other since 6 years old. it goes deeper than that..

i do agree, all the actors sucked, but the story was great til the end when it was like, oh im with harley then bam i got hiv then bam then bam. that movie was at a great speed til then when sh*t seemed rushed

i liked the movie, it brought attention to sh*t that goes on in society everyday. maybe not a billionaire, but women that arent happy and cheat on their spouse or vice versa and still stay. this wasnt a movie, it was pretty much a wakeup call, u can be holy all your life, and u cheat ONCE and u got HIV???? that sh*t happens son. that character life transformed in a matter of months, from struggling to be successful, married with a faithful husband and all that sh*t to alone with HIV.

i disagree, movie wasnt BAD, sh*t wasnt tylers best work either.

not to mention, it was a story being told to a chick that was cheating on her husband saved her marriage in that movie. too bad only michael bay with cartoon robots get 5s and higher lemme guess "42" gonna get a 3 cuz racism doesnt exist anymore?

I tend to agree no offence to the Omega gawd dude and his reviews. I guess I thought this was on of his better stories. A lot of his movies rely on lots of things. This story pretty sold itself. I think the acting could have been better. But all tyler perry movies are like this except a family that preys. Which was probably his best movie ever.

I even enjoyed brandy in this. I think he took it a little to over the top with some of the scenes. But this was one of his better written stories to bad they could not pull it off better on screen. Overall it was decent. I am just glad Madea was not in it at all.
 5 years ago '05        #106
space
space
 Quddus said:
I tend to agree no offence to the Omega gawd dude and his reviews. I guess I thought this was on of his better stories. A lot of his movies rely on lots of things. This story pretty sold itself. I think the acting could have been better. But all tyler perry movies are like this except a family that preys. Which was probably his best movie ever.

I even enjoyed brandy in this. I think he took it a little to over the top with some of the scenes. But this was one of his better written stories to bad they could not pull it off better on screen. Overall it was decent. I am just glad Madea was not in it at all.
If you were to ask me, and I cannot believe I'm saying this, this film could use a little "Madea".

Mostly because this film is SO self-serious, it's hard for me to take it seriously at all.
 5 years ago '12        #107
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$4,451 | Props total: 3006 3006
 KiddKidd45 said:
temptation was a good movie...
That's your opinion and you're welcomed to it.

KiddKidd45 said:
these type of situations need to be adressed and i think tyler perry did a fairly decent job doin so
I agree with you that there are issues particularly within the black community that need to be talked about and addressed. I agree that film (along with music and television) are good ways to ignite dialogue about these kinds of issues. However, as the OP mentioned in one of his previous posts, subtlety goes a long way.

The problem I have the majority of Tyler Perry's movies, particularly his writing, is that either he isn't intelligent enough to write them better, or he feels his audience isn't intelligent enough to get whatever message he's trying to send without throwing it right at their face. Either way, that doesn't speak well for him or his audience.

KiddKidd45 said:
i'd like to see op try and make a better movie/script
Hollywood is all about the bottom line. A movie could get two thumbs down from Roger Ebert (R.I.P.), but as long as it at least doubles its money at the box office, studios couldn't care less. They will start working on the sequel immediately. So making a better movie with a better script won't prove anything to anybody if the box numbers won't do better than a Tyler Perry flick. This is why the independent film industry exists. Hollywood films, typically, exchange good storytelling for one-dimensional characters and plots that can get a rise out of the general audience. The more intelligent films, on the hand, rarely get widespread release because most audience members don't want to think their way through a movie; they want to be entertained instead.

I took a few screenwriting courses while in college, getting A's in both, so I feel that if I actually sat down and put my mind to it, I could write screenplays far superior to Tyler Perry's best work. Screenwriting is different from stage writing (the area where I feel Tyler Perry excels) and television writing, but when Tyler Perry adapts his stage plays for the screen, he basically copies and paste. That's why his dialogue comes out so cheesy, his characters so melodramatic and over the top. Those things work on the stage where the setting rarely changes and the story is told mostly through dialogue and not action. However, movies are an entirely different medium, and Tyler Perry needs to get that through his head.

Tyler Perry is a self-made millionaire. I have nothing but respect for him in that regard. He's a real "started from the bottom, now we're here" type of dude. I just feels he needs to stop feeling himself so much and admit to himself that he needs to improve in his writing. 14 movies in the game and he still doesn't screen to critics? Shouldn't that tell you that he has no interest at all in getting better? As long as the audience continues to eat it up, he'll see no need to improve. There are literally hundreds of screenwriting books out there -- I own five myself. There's no reason why Tyler Perry can't pick himself up one and learn how to tell his stories better. (Notice how I didn't say tell better stories.) I recommend he start with Story by Robert McKee and The Writer's Journey by Chris Vogler.

KiddKidd45 said:
His film For Colored Girls... dealt with HIV as well, I believe. If you want to see a decent black movie that deals with HIV, check out One Week.

I didn't see Temptation, so I'm only speaking based on my general dislike for Tyler Perry films and all of the negative reviews I read for his latest film.

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 04-05-2013 at 07:36 AM..
 5 years ago '13        #108
Morris Bestnut 11 heat pts11
space
space
$721 | Props total: 223 223
Movie wasn't that bad.
 5 years ago '12        #109
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$4,451 | Props total: 3006 3006
 BlackRepub85 said:
What films have you made, I'd like to check them out. When it comes to hardcore critics, I always like to see what their eye in film is like.

And also, do people like you expect an original story, as you say you saw the ending coming, well, can't you say that about every film? How many people actually have an ending that wasn't expected? You as a film persona should know that and how difficult that is to pull off. The last movie I was genuinely surprised at the ending was Sixth Sense, that was 14 years ago.
Yeah, the Sixth Sense has one of my favorite endings of all time. I don't think a movie has been able to replicate that cleverness since.

And I agree with you about original stories. In such a media-saturated environment as we have today, it's hard to create original stories and original characters. That's why I don't knock Tyler Perry for his plots or hit characters; I just knock him on his execution and the way he chooses to unfold the story.
 5 years ago '04        #110
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 Mullany S said:
this is very correct, i am even surprised most black males on boxden are supporting tyler perry movies. its just the same old junk, most guys who go to see his movies is just to make their girlfriends/wives happy.Lord forbid another black guy criticize him you will be call bitter and a hater, never seen a set of culture where you cannot criticize your fellow man or woman.
Exactly...and I already had to ether a n*gga on here for d!ckriding Tyler Perry. This is the thread where this clown named tallulahmademe got mad cause I spoke the truth about his hero. Told that f*g about how Christians read the bible where it says men shouldn't wear women's clothing....yet these same "Christians" go see Tyler Perry with a dress on, knowing its wrong. n*gga asked me to prove where it said that in the Bible....Proved it and that n*gga was nowhere to be found...

5 years ago '05        #111
space
space
 BlackRepub85 said:
What films have you made, I'd like to check them out. When it comes to hardcore critics, I always like to see what their eye in film is like.

And also, do people like you expect an original story, as you say you saw the ending coming, well, can't you say that about every film? How many people actually have an ending that wasn't expected? You as a film persona should know that and how difficult that is to pull off. The last movie I was genuinely surprised at the ending was Sixth Sense, that was 14 years ago.
I don't expect a completely original story. I expect a film not to insult my intelligence. And, if it can't find ways to make it a new take on familiar material, then it's all just stale.

No, you can't say that about every movie. Not every ending is expected. But, most good movies with good endings can keep the audience interested enough throughout to not anticipate the ending, even if it's an expected ending... Case in point: Die Hard. We KNOW that John McClane is gonna make it to the end. He's our main character. BUT, the movie has suspense and anticipation to make us doubt if he'll make it to the end even if we know he will. That's the difference.

Most good movie also tend not to tip their hand, and totally expose the ending before the ending happens. Yes, it's difficult to make a good ending. That doesn't mean I'm gonna give this film a pass for that reason when the ending is sh*t.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy