Good Time's white writers INSISTED the show not have a Black Father

most viewed right now
166 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
59 comments @wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 months ago '18        #51
Tommy Bundy 
space
space
space
$562 | Props total: 1323 1323
 The3 said
They just don’t know how much liberalism has fu*ked us up. But, nevertheless, black folks will cling to liberalism like a religion while complaining about what it’s done.
+1   

2 months ago '11        #52
KRCROOKSNY 133 heat pts133
space
space
$12,454 | Props total: 8695 8695
 144000 said

Hollywood's origins far predate "moving pictures."

There are reasons that it is how it is, and you won't get anything good out of it.

Shoutout @.
I've come to realize, most people do not want to be awoken.

Its just like the Matrix, they'd rather the fantasy/lie.

"You want the truth? Well YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" is a highly popularized movie quote for a reason.
+1   

2 months ago '18        #53
Sandyy 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,923 | Props total: 9432 9432
 Tommy Bundy said
They just don’t know how much liberalism has fu*ked us up. But, nevertheless, black folks will cling to liberalism like a religion while complaining about what it’s done.
Yeah cause the conservatives who run the Cia and Fbi are known for loving black ppl so much. And the GOP who started the war on drugs, reganomics, and sanctioned the selling and creation of crack via the CIA just love black ppl right?

No way theyd invent something like black identity extremist to target 21st century black activism. Same way hoover tracked and targeted king.

But keep thinking either will help black people im sure youll get far if your even black

2 months ago '17        #55
StanlitoTheFly 550 heat pts550
space
space
$4,372 | Props total: 13555 13555
 144000 said
Your comments have me cracking up bro.

I don't think that video was too crazy, he actually physically showed the location and its symbolisms.

Anyway because of the nature of Youtube... ehh, we'll see.
Ain't this your channel

2 months ago '19        #56
DaNewOG 
space
space
$313 | Props total: 186 186
 realkilla3 said
It was unheard of in those times for a black man to actually stay with his family obviously...it wasnt "authentic" enough
naw bruh i think we graduated to that more so to now days not back then this was just systematic

2 months ago '16        #57
144000 73 heat pts73
space
space
$9,026 | Props total: 11756 11756
 StanlitoTheFly said
Ain't this your channel
ִNope.

I've never made a Youtube video, brah.

2 months ago '10        #58
BIGthingsSON2 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,706 | Props total: 7201 7201
Black people scare the mainstream. I'm especially starting to realize this as I get deeper into comedy. I walked into this venue late with two other "mmmmhmmm" comedians. We thought there would be an open mic ,but it was actually some sorta black podcast there were filming. Bro it was beautiful, beautiful black women and men in the crowd. Talking about issues in the community, ect ect. I'm watching, laughing, loving it.... My "mmmhmm" buddies were like bro.... this is sketchy bro. 10minutes later we at some heavy metal club hearing some devil worship bullsh*t
+2   

2 months ago '17        #59
StanlitoTheFly 550 heat pts550
space
space
$4,372 | Props total: 13555 13555
 BIGthingsSON2 said
Black people scare the mainstream. I'm especially starting to realize this as I get deeper into comedy. I walked into this venue late with two other "mmmmhmmm" comedians. We thought there would be an open mic ,but it was actually some sorta black podcast there were filming. Bro it was beautiful, beautiful black women and men in the crowd. Talking about issues in the community, ect ect. I'm watching, laughing, loving it.... My "mmmhmm" buddies were like bro.... this is sketchy bro. 10minutes later we at some heavy metal club hearing some devil worship bullsh*t
I would have said go ahead I'm chilling
+2   

2 months ago '10        #60
BIGthingsSON2 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,706 | Props total: 7201 7201
 StanlitoTheFly said
I would have said go ahead I'm chilling
I ain't drive. I'm also new to the comedy scene so getting to chill with some veterans is a good look. That moment irked me though. Imma actually go this thu and just sit in and support that movement.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #61
Tommy Bundy 
space
space
space
$562 | Props total: 1323 1323
 Sandyy said
Yeah cause the conservatives who run the Cia and Fbi are known for loving black ppl so much. And the GOP who started the war on drugs, reganomics, and sanctioned the selling and creation of crack via the CIA just love black ppl right?

No way theyd invent something like black identity extremist to target 21st century black activism. Same way hoover tracked and targeted king.

But keep thinking either will help black people im sure youll get far if your even black
I knew there would be a negro to bring up conservatives because they can't refute the damage done by liberalism. Y'all are too predictable.

2 months ago '18        #62
Sandyy 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,923 | Props total: 9432 9432
 Tommy Bundy said
I knew there would be a negro to bring up conservatives because they can't refute the damage done by liberalism. Y'all are too predictable.
The damage done to black people knows no party or isolated part of this country. It is embedded too much in the fabric of this country to only exist within one party. If you were black youd know that.

2 months ago '06        #63
Qbert 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,475 | Props total: 6905 6905
At first I was thinking you meant they wanted a white father.

2 months ago '04        #64
realkilla3 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,117 | Props total: 10979 10979
 Ghostface k*lla said
Go back to stormfront

On topic: the white writers wanted to push the narrative of fatherless broken families. Didn't want the next black generation to see fathers in the home as a norm.
 DaNewOG said
naw bruh i think we graduated to that more so to now days not back then this was just systematic
I know you can't read sarcasm but gotdamn y'all.....

2 months ago '19        #65
DaNewOG 
space
space
$313 | Props total: 186 186
 realkilla3 said
I know you can't read sarcasm but gotdamn y'all.....
hahahahaha

2 months ago '19        #66
FP1305 
space
space
$392 | Props total: 662 662
 marcchrome said
Nah b..he got paid good...watch the doc. You will find out why very fast..... had to do with Jimmie Walker. Enjoy the watch.....
If recall he was fired from good times according to him...I don't remember what youtube video it was he was talking about how he didn't agree with the shucking and jiving and basically having J.J. scream dy-no-mite every scene. He basically said they was making a coonery out of the portrayal of the family and he was tired of it.

Even back then he knew what was up and how they was trying to make them look...im glad he called them out about it..

+1   

2 months ago '06        #67
Michael 785 heat pts785
space
space
$89,159 | Props total: 23817 23817

2 months ago '04        #68
marcchrome 55 heat pts55
space
space
$13,857 | Props total: 5272 5272
 FP1305 said
If recall he was fired from good times according to him...I don't remember what youtube video it was he was talking about how he didn't agree with the shucking and jiving and basically having J.J. scream dy-no-mite every scene. He basically said they was making a coonery out of the portrayal of the family and he was tired of it.

Even back then he knew what was up and how they was trying to make them look...im glad he called them out about it..

Nailed it..yes it was the buffonery and coonery that he felt walker portrayed..... the producers never wanted John Amos to begin with.... they felt a black father figure in the hood was unrealistic.. it was Esther Rolle had told them if there was no strong black father figure she was out..... and that is how Amos came into the fold.... the irony os that when they k*lled him off i the show.....ratings started to drop..... side note...Walker was not cool with any one or would talk to any one out side of work except the cat that played Michael....... the rest of the cast could not stand him...
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+80online now  36
Video inside In China women have to go through these to get into the club
118 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+21online now  27
Video inside Cardi B with the facts
85 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+93online now  20
Image(s) inside I don't usually beat off to chicks at work but... I can make an except..
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+38online now  15
50 cent finally speaks on Buck’s secret life
115 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy