Feb 8 - IRS tax refunds are down 8.4 percent under Trump tax plan

most viewed right now
+31  51
16 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 days ago '17        #76
G Matic 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,278 | Props total: 1729 1729
 ABlackCosmos said
Better start donating to Goodwill to get that tax break on the receipts, I know y'all got sh*t y'all don't use or need.

They don't even estimate the cost of what you donated.

Hopefully this will spur some of y'all to enroll in these tax courses offered September/October and figure out how you can save.

Wrong. Spoke to my person who does my taxes and she said unless itís not well over $150K in donation write off , youíre not getting back jack. With what this d*ckhead trump implemented, he took that out the question.
+3   

7 days ago '19        #77
ABlackCosmos 
space
space
space
$170 | Props total: 367 367
 G Matic said
Wrong. Spoke to my person who does my taxes and she said unless itís not well over $150K in donation write off , youíre not getting back jack. With what this d*ckhead trump implemented, he took that out the question.

[pic - click to view]

7 days ago '18        #78
DUCEDUCE 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,802 | Props total: 7470 7470
fag**ts in here defending sh*tty returns the fu*king stupidity of Trumpsl*ts. It's all good cause I got 20 dollars more every check. What kind of logic is that. fu*king corporations saving BILLLIONS and it's cool because middle class can't budget.

+3   

7 days ago '17        #79
Ymmot 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$9,309 | Props total: 22256 22256
 Binary said
Temporarily until the taxe cuts are extended which congress will do easily like they did before.

And yes for everyone working.

And yes
Do you know how this works?

There's a reason they made tax cuts for the rich permanent and ours temporary. The plan is to make us pay the difference. You can't just cut taxes accross the board, it doesn't work that way. It'll drive up the national debt and deficit, and trump is already on track to create the highest debt.
+2   

7 days ago '10        #80
Bandito 160 heat pts160
space
space
space
$7,358 | Props total: 15576 15576
 AMG2M4 said
You, and your son Tommy, are simply retarded. Your son more than you.

The article clearly stated IRS was backlogged with the returns bc of the Federal Shutdown. It's not an opinion of an "author", either. Learn to read and comprehend what you read before you attempt to put a spin on it.
Re-read what you quoted. I said the same thing you are. You just wanted to be antagonistic for some reason.

7 days ago '09        #81
jasperfect 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,251 | Props total: 1286 1286
 abacabb said
...please tell me it is more complicated than...

I paid less in taxes all year so I got less on my return.
It is a little more complicated, deductions, exemptions and credits people used to qualify for are no longer available. For example teachers used to be able to write off supplies they bought for their students but they can't do that this year. These are the deductions that are no longer available:

The standard $6,350 deduction.
Personal exemptions.
Unlimited state and local tax deductions.
A $1 million mortgage interest deduction.
An unrestricted deduction for home equity loan interest.
Deductions for unreimbursed employee expenses.
Miscellaneous itemized deductions.
A deduction for moving expenses.
Unrestricted casualty loss deduction.
Alimony deduction.
Deductions for certain school donations.
Deductions from tax extenders.

7 days ago '09        #82
messy marv stan 5171 heat pts5171
space
space
$69,643 | Props total: 112457 112457
 Ymmot said

There's a reason they made tax cuts for the rich permanent and ours temporary. The plan is to make us pay the difference. You can't just cut taxes accross the board, it doesn't work that way. It'll drive up the national debt and deficit, and trump is already on track to create the highest debt.

the irs fee that amazon netflix and the usual corporate tax avoiders dodge has to be picked up by taxpayers smh. if they paid thier fee american taxpayers would pay maybe 1/4 - 1/3 of what the irs takes out
+4   

7 days ago '09        #83
jasperfect 4 heat pts
space
space
 VerballyAbusive said
I got more on my refund
That's because the standard deduction is higher. I'm not trying to take shots but if you don't own property, have investments or deductions that you can take you're gonna to get more.
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  7 days ago '18        #84
Binary 90 heat pts90
space
space
$2,897 | Props total: 5342 5342
 Ymmot said

uhh no they made our taxes temporary so we might get even reduced tax cuts

7 days ago '10        #85
Bandito 160 heat pts160
space
space
space
 AMG2M4 said
You weren't caping for Bernie Sanders this much...n*gga, shut up. The actual person, Hillary Rodham Clinton, whom you do cape for non-stop, personally, had a hand in sabotaging his primaries and rigging it for herself. You never once spoke out against that.

What happened to caring about each other? n*gga created a red herring to disparage the tax plan...

No plausible presidential candidate will have a death wish and stop bending over backwards to rich people. An oligarchy of corporations will not suddenly cease to exist bc of a specific president. What country you live in, f*g**t?
I don't cape for Hillary. I speak the truth that people don't want to hear. That the primaries are a show vote. Bernie could have "won" the primaries by millions of votes and the DNC could have still picked Clinton as their nominee. There is literally nothing to rig. There has to be laws and rules that could be circumvented for that to happen. There is none. People refuse to acknowledge that. So, when people say the primaries were "rigged", they are ignoring the real problem. The system worked exactly how it was setup to work.

I tell people to look at the 1952 Democratic Presidential Convention to see how the system is set up to work.

Adlai Stevenson was the governor of Illinois. He was not a contender for the nomination when the convention started. He didn't have one single vote during the primaries.

Governor Stevenson, who stated that he was not a presidential candidate, was asked to give the welcoming address to the delegates. He proceeded to give a witty and stirring address that led his supporters to begin a renewed round of efforts to nominate him despite his protests. After meeting with Jacob Arvey, the boss of the Illinois delegation, Stevenson finally agreed to enter his name as a candidate for the nomination. The party bosses from other large Northern and Midwestern states quickly joined in support. Kefauver, a favorite in the primary race, led on the first ballot but had far fewer votes than necessary to win. Stevenson gradually gained strength until he was nominated on the third ballot.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED SINCE 1952.

The party bosses can still bypass the primary votes if they want to. They can "rig" the process however they want. The DNC is happy that people think Sanders lost because the system was rigged. That means they won't try and change the way the system is set up.

As far as thinking the president is going to change anything. I never stated anything like that in the post you quoted. The last two paragraphs actually show whose responsibility I think it is to change things.
+1   

7 days ago '17        #86
Ymmot 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
 Binary said
No, they didn't. Why do you think trump was scrambling right before the midterms when he made up that promise about permanent tax cuts for the middle class. No economist out there has said we would get even more tax cuts, but most of them did say these tax cuts would increase our taxes over the next 5 years. Stop falling for the bullsh*t dude, I thought you said you were smart.
+2   

7 days ago '04        #87
nicoled985 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,060 | Props total: 5679 5679
 Bandito said
To put things in perspective, Sheldon Adelson got a $670 million tax cut this year. The man is already worth over $30 billion dollars. So, just add over half a billion to that each year going forward. Since his tax cut is permanent. It should also be noted that Adelson gave trump's campaign $25 million in 2016. The single largest contribution by anyone in that election.

That is just one man. I don't know how you can't see anything wrong with that concentration of wealth to a just few people.

Not speaking to you personally. But, to the people that think there is nothing wrong with how the Republican tax plan was allocated to the American people. And it really was the Republican plan. trump just stayed out of their way. Going back to Adelson. Besides the $25 million he gave trump, he gave another $52 million to other Republican's campaigns that year. A $77 million investment to get back over half a billion a year in perpetuity.

In last year's mid-terms, Adelson spent over $120 million. The right talks about George Soros. Adelson spent more in 2018 than Soros has in over 20 years of elections. Adelson will no doubt throwdown another $100 million plus in 2020.

Corporations are people, money is speech and politicans can be had cheap (if you're in the right tax bracket). I have no doubt the founding fathers would be storming the White House, Congress and Supreme Court buildings with muskets if they were still alive. Too bad the American people get preoccupied by important topics like whether or not 21 Savage can claim he's from Atlanta. I've seen more thorough discussions about that than what is happening in Washington D.C.

Again. I am not attacking you. I am happy that you got a good refund. There are some people that feel that is good enough or if they f*ght for others to get a piece of the pie their piece will be taken away or not be as valuable. I know the $750 I getting back ain't sh*t compared to $670 million though. And those billionaires ain't looking out for me or anyone like me. If we ain't looking out for each other we will continue to lose.
I feel you on looking out for others, I feel the same. I think my point was people were saying the middle class was being screwed and the lower class was being screwed but I'm a single middle class person (the demographic that gets screwed the most tax-wise) who claims 0 all year and received a good amount back (more than last year) so either people didn't change they W-4s or some people have a tax person who was getting them money before that they can't get now
+1   

7 days ago '09        #88
jasperfect 4 heat pts
space
space
 Binary said
Trump could have made them permanent for us, they could have been reduce by who ever the next president is. But he made them temporary and they expire and go back up when he's no longer in office so he created a problem for the next guy.

7 days ago '10        #89
Bandito 160 heat pts160
space
space
space
 Binary said
That don't even make sense.
+1   

7 days ago '16        #90
zultan33 24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,106 | Props total: 2549 2549

[pic - click to view]

7 days ago '14        #91
4evaabso 48 heat pts48
space
space
$24,023 | Props total: 22699 22699
 new2hiphop said
fu*kin up everybody money except his own & Komrade Putin
Adjusted for truth

7 days ago '15        #92
amarti9 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,110 | Props total: 4637 4637
 Papi said
Thatís why I said itís both their fault for not creating a compromise

I know you think everything is trump fault but take the emotion out of it
I have no emotion in my thought process in this case. Only the facts. Using logic and reasoning to deduce what the real problems are and who is causing them.

No, I dont think everything is trumps fault but I say again.....

.....2 full years.....Complete control of the government. Why didnt they get this done BEFORE the American people put the House of Representatives gavel in Nancy Pelosi's hand??

You had the government, you had the numbers and the power of the pen with the president.....and got nothing done?? And the Dems are at fault how???

Finally, the Dems DID compromise BEFORE they took over the house. Schumer and Pelosi "allegedly" struck a verbal agreement with trump to save the DACA kids in exchange for some type of wall funding. But thin skin Trump backed off the potential foundation of an agreement because he let the Anne counters and Sean Hannitys of the far right talked him out of amnesty.

Trump could've, should've, would've if he had just agreed to give citizenship to kids who had no say in coming here. Not dems fault.

7 days ago '04        #93
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,956 | Props total: 2626 2626
I claimed "0" all year and I barely got a damn thing back.

Meanwhile Netflix paid $0 in taxes lol. I'm hating.

I bought a house for nothing.
+2   

7 days ago '04        #94
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,762 | Props total: 661 661
 jasperfect said
That's because the standard deduction is higher. I'm not trying to take shots but if you don't own property, have investments or deductions that you can take you're gonna to get more.
Agreed! I rent and stacking my paper. Not broke by any means, this is just my situation for now, temporarily. And Im a single father, I got the full 2 stacks this year for the child care credit. And my filing status is head of household.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 02-09-2019 at 04:05 PM..

7 days ago '04        #95
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
I like what trump has done, hes giving more to the people who don't own property and those who have kids. Less to those with investments and property.

7 days ago '17        #96
Ymmot 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
 VerballyAbusive said
I like what trump has done, hes giving more to the people who don't own property and those who have kids. Less to those with investments and property.
That's the exact opposite of what trump is doing. His first month in office he signed an EO that gave banks more power over you. He filled his cabinet with ex goldman sachs bankers, ex oil lobbyists, ex tobacco lobbyists, and other unqualified billionaires. The GOP gave you a temporary tax cut so for a couple years you'd be fooled that they're somehow giving you more money, but then your taxes are going to go up and trump will be out of office enjoying all the loopholes he created for billionaires like himself.

6 days ago '04        #97
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 Ymmot said
That's the exact opposite of what trump is doing. His first month in office he signed an EO that gave banks more power over you. He filled his cabinet with ex goldman sachs bankers, ex oil lobbyists, ex tobacco lobbyists, and other unqualified billionaires. The GOP gave you a temporary tax cut so for a couple years you'd be fooled that they're somehow giving you more money, but then your taxes are going to go up and trump will be out of office enjoying all the loopholes he created for billionaires like himself.
Explain what is temporary please

6 days ago '11        #98
Pakchoy 933 heat pts933
space
space
$7,372 | Props total: 51368 51368
 PhilthyRich said
Iím getting the biggest return Iíve gotten in years. 4,500. Boxden drinks on me in two weeks
Got my sh*t couple days ago and im happy with it. My Haitian accountant the sh*t
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+41online now  59
Image(s) inside Which BX member needs to come get his wife?
94 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+36online now  37
Happy Vday, Christina Rossi is single and ready to mingle
136 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+29online now  35
Video inside Amateur Adult Film Star Crystina Rossi Boyfriend Gets In A Shootout Liv..
373 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+26online now  15
Video inside Chuck E. Cheese is stiching together old pizzas and this man has the PR..
104 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy