Feb 8 - IRS tax refunds are down 8.4 percent under Trump tax plan

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '15        #51
TethNeb 
space
space
$130 | Props total: 299 299
Trump tax cuts and jobs act, helped the mega rich and big business; and hurt most others, meaning a lot of his base.

Like home mortgage interest deduction, personal exemptions, and itemized deductions. A lot of people in the middle used those to recover some cheese. But, not so going forward; and those who have filed are pissed.

Many took to twitter and complained seeing a decrease in refund amount.

It lines up, with what many were saying before 2017 but the base drank the kool aid. Even though these trickle down-like ideas never work.

Rich get richer, because they have people in place protecting their interests.
+2   

1 week ago '12        #52
Bravo Golf 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,399 | Props total: 5998 5998
 PhilthyRich said
Iím getting the biggest return Iíve gotten in years. 4,500. Boxden drinks on me in two weeks
Same here. Last year, I only got back $600. This year, I'm getting back $3900. The last two years under Obama, I had to pay back nearly $1,000 each year. I've been in the same job the previous four years, with only a slight increase in pay each year.

I have two kids now--one born in 2017, the other born in 2018--so the upgraded child tax credits helped to get me a bigger return this year.
+4   

1 week ago '15        #53
PhilthyRich 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,844 | Props total: 4779 4779
 Bravo Golf said
Same here. Last year, I only got back $600. This year, I'm getting back $3900. The last two years under Obama, I had to pay back nearly $1,000 each year. I've been in the same job the previous four years, with only a slight increase in pay each year.

I have two kids now--one born in 2017, the other born in 2018--so the upgraded child tax credits helped to get me a bigger return this year.
Love it! Enjoy the extra cash bro.

Iím gonna save most but take a small trip with some

1 week ago '16        #54
AMG2M4 75 heat pts75
space
space
$5,599 | Props total: 9579 9579
 Bandito said
That article is poorly written. The IRS says refunds are down this year. The part that says the shutdown is to blame is about the volume of returns that had been filed. Not the amount people are getting back on their returns. The article interpolated those two issue. When they are separate. I had to read that a couple times to understand what they were saying.
You, and your son Tommy, are simply retarded. Your son more than you.

The article clearly stated IRS was backlogged with the returns bc of the Federal Shutdown. It's not an opinion of an "author", either. Learn to read and comprehend what you read before you attempt to put a spin on it.

1 week ago '16        #55
AMG2M4 75 heat pts75
space
space
 Papi said
It literally says it in the op you dumbass
You seem like you're new around these parts, but that kid you quoted is legit retarded. Just a word of advice, but you will come across many people who will make you think twice about speaking to such retards.

1 week ago '16        #56
AMG2M4 75 heat pts75
space
space
 Bandito said
To put things in perspective, Sheldon Adelson got a $670 million tax cut this year. The man is already worth over $30 billion dollars. So, just add over half a billion to that each year going forward. Since his tax cut is permanent. It should also be noted that Adelson gave trump's campaign $25 million in 2016. The single largest contribution by anyone in that election.

That is just one man. I don't know how you can't see anything wrong with that concentration of wealth to a just few people.

Not speaking to you personally. But, to the people that think there is nothing wrong with how the Republican tax plan was allocated to the American people. And it really was the Republican plan. trump just stayed out of their way. Going back to Adelson. Besides the $25 million he gave trump, he gave another $52 million to other Republican's campaigns that year. A $77 million investment to get back over half a billion a year in perpetuity.

In last year's mid-terms, Adelson spent over $120 million. The right talks about George Soros. Adelson spent more in 2018 than Soros has in over 20 years of elections. Adelson will no doubt throwdown another $100 million plus in 2020.

Corporations are people, money is speech and politicans can be had cheap (if you're in the right tax bracket). I have no doubt the founding fathers would be storming the White House, Congress and Supreme Court buildings with muskets if they were still alive. Too bad the American people get preoccupied by important topics like whether or not 21 Savage can claim he's from Atlanta. I've seen more thorough discussions about that than what is happening in Washington D.C.

Again. I am not attacking you. I am happy that you got a good refund. There are some people that feel that is good enough or if they f*ght for others to get a piece of the pie their piece will be taken away or not be as valuable. I know the $750 I getting back ain't sh*t compared to $670 million though. And those billionaires ain't looking out for me or anyone like me. If we ain't looking out for each other we will continue to lose.
You weren't caping for Bernie Sanders this much...n*gga, shut up. The actual person, Hillary Rodham Clinton, whom you do cape for non-stop, personally, had a hand in sabotaging his primaries and rigging it for herself. You never once spoke out against that.

What happened to caring about each other? n*gga created a red herring to disparage the tax plan...

No plausible presidential candidate will have a death wish and stop bending over backwards to rich people. An oligarchy of corporations will not suddenly cease to exist bc of a specific president. What country you live in, f*g**t?

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '16        #57
Papi 563 heat pts563
space
space
$21,097 | Props total: 53927 53927
 I_GOT_DAT_PIFF said
How we get peace when everybody pulled out of the nuclear treaty?
doesnít everybody think trump is secretly working with Russia?

1 week ago '16        #58
AMG2M4 75 heat pts75
space
space
 JintsGang1987 said
Gah damn they slapping this post. Getcha money bro.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. It's funny. n*ggas legit tight the next person got a bigger return than them

1 week ago '05        #59
ArKane 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,141 | Props total: 1464 1464
im getting the most ive gotten back since i was in the military *shrugs* i aint mad

Last edited by ArKane; 02-09-2019 at 08:33 AM..
+1   

1 week ago '07        #60
yolaboy 185 heat pts185
space
space
$5,430 | Props total: 10832 10832
 TethNeb said
Rich get richer, because they have people in place protecting their interests.
and somehow, they fool people making 5 figures into thinking that they have no one helping them and they need all the breaks they can get
+1   

1 week ago '11        #61
KingPAPO 44 heat pts44
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 198 198
Ok they are making something out of nothing and this is where you gotta watch spin. The aggregate of your tax return is paying less throughout the year plus the tax return you get at the end of the year.

Even though the tax return is less by let's say 3k you would have paid 4-5k less in taxes. Net/Net you take home more. The tax plan works...

If you cant manage your money throughout the year that's a personal problem

1 week ago '18        #62
Ryo857 
space
space
$801 | Props total: 1031 1031
 SkyHighNick305 said
Your boy probably got a raise and is in a higher tax bracket now.
We both got raises

1 week ago '16        #63
dman1209 
space
space
space
$244 | Props total: 438 438
Got back 2400 more than I did last year. fu*k trump tho

1 week ago '08        #64
Lot17 26 heat pts26
space
space
$3,457 | Props total: 1399 1399
 Ryo857 said
This guy phucked us this shet got me shook on what Iím getting back now my boy got half of what he got last year smh
Same here I got just about half
+1   

1 week ago '04        #65
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,762 | Props total: 661 661
 nicoled985 said
Already received my refund and I got more this year not even a Trump supporter
Same here. Not a Trump supporter either. Why cant people just stick to facts.
+3   

1 week ago '08        #66
AC_89 347 heat pts347
space
space
$47,369 | Props total: 28880 28880
My sh*t was lower and a few people I know was lower too

1 week ago '04        #67
dc3003 113 heat pts113
space
space
$47,192 | Props total: 50435 50435
Get used to being mad trump gonna win 2020 too

1 week ago '04        #68
dc3003 113 heat pts113
space
space
$47,192 | Props total: 50435 50435
The Democratic party loves lying to potential voters with fake news. That should tell u all u need to kno about that party

1 week ago '17        #69
AllWins 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,170 | Props total: 5206 5206
Iím really interested to see what Iíll get back. My understanding is that the sub millionaire wealthy class is getting less. But the middle class/poor is doing well.

1 week ago '04        #70
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,362 | Props total: 504 504
 TethNeb said
Like home mortgage interest deduction, personal exemptions, and itemized deductions. A lot of people in the middle used those to recover some cheese. But, not so going forward; and those who have filed are pissed.
I may be completely misunderstanding the mortgage interest deduction but I see a lot of complaints about it. Isn't that deduction gone only if you owe more than $750k on your house? sh*t must be a lot of rich people on here if that's the case.

Also, I would think a standard deduction of $12,000 (double from previous years) covers more than itemized deductions would

1 week ago '05        #71
Woodwin 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,018 | Props total: 5286 5286
Mine was 800 lower from previous year made like 2k more.

7 days ago '05        #72
ArKane 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,141 | Props total: 1464 1464
 BIG RICHARD said
Get used to being mad trump gonna win 2020 too
unfortunately...this is probably facts

7 days ago '19        #73
ABlackCosmos 
space
space
space
$170 | Props total: 367 367
Better start donating to Goodwill to get that tax break on the receipts, I know y'all got sh*t y'all don't use or need.

They don't even estimate the cost of what you donated.

Hopefully this will spur some of y'all to enroll in these tax courses offered September/October and figure out how you can save.

Last edited by ABlackCosmos; 02-09-2019 at 09:41 AM..

7 days ago '15        #74
amarti9 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,110 | Props total: 4637 4637
 Papi said
the government shutdown fu*ked it up

I blame trump and the DNC
How you blaming the DNC when the GOP and Trump had full control of the government for 2years and could basically pass anything they want??

And top of that why should the Dems bow down and give in to these crazy wall demands?? Trump dont own Congress. He cant make them say yes to what he wants. This is America not communist Russia or china.
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  7 days ago '16        #75
Papi 563 heat pts563
space
space
$21,097 | Props total: 53927 53927
 amarti9 said
How you blaming the DNC when the GOP and Trump had full control of the government for 2years and could basically pass anything they want??

And top of that why should the Dems bow down and give in to these crazy wall demands?? Trump dont own Congress. He cant make them say yes to what he wants. This is America not communist Russia or china.
Thatís why I said itís both their fault for not creating a compromise

I know you think everything is trump fault but take the emotion out of it

Home      

most viewed right now
+29online now  54
Video inside Amateur Adult Film Star Crystina Rossi Boyfriend Gets In A Shootout Liv..
374 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+42online now  52
Image(s) inside Which BX member needs to come get his wife?
100 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+20online now  33
Sara Molina: Tekashi 6ix9ine's Guilty Plea Deal is No Prison Time by Snitching..
359 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+25online now  31
Video inside Chuck E. Cheese is stiching together old pizzas and this man has the PR..
104 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy