Gangsters in Paradise - The Deportees of Tonga

most viewed right now
-29  38
163 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+64  33
31 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '05        #1
4917 page views
80 comments

tokinjohn 2951 heat pts2951
space
space
$17,338 | Props total: 87847 87847
Gangsters in Paradise - The Deportees of Tonga

In Gangsters in Paradise - Deportees of Tonga, VICE embeds with four Tongan nationals who have been sent back to the tiny island nation where they were born after serving prison time in New Zealand and the United States. Former gang members, they often struggle to reconnect with the culture, the language, and the people.

They are haunted by the stigma of their criminal pasts, which casts a pall over their employment prospects and puts a barrier between them and their compatriots.

Government support for returnees is non-existent, wages are low, and with Tonga in the midst of a methamphetamine crisis, the temptations to revert to the lives of crime they hoped to leave behind when they left prison are high.
+40   

80 comments for "Gangsters in Paradise - The Deportees of Tonga"

1 week ago '05        #2
Arceo 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$2,328 | Props total: 988 988
Props. I’ll watch this. Still looking for the movie doc of the Hawaiians sent to Arizona for prison. Lmk if you got that
+7   

1 week ago '05        #3
tokinjohn 2951 heat pts2951 OP
space
space
$17,338 | Props total: 87847 87847
 Arceo said
Props. Iíll watch this. Still looking for the movie doc of the Hawaiians sent to Arizona for prison. Lmk if you got that

[video - click to view]

+6   

1 week ago '07        #4
Damagegadget 493 heat pts493
space
space
$39,120 | Props total: 24687 24687
random info, tongans and samoans war with each other often, most my samoan ninjas is blood, no wonder they claim crip

also random, but I have a book about tonga, and it shows us as usual, the originals were black, until people the asiatics we know today came in, mind you before columbus, and they didnt stop there either
+22   

7 days ago '12        #5
Di Warlord 8 heat pts
space
space
$12,644 | Props total: 16058 16058
idk why but that baby crip tatt made me

reminds me of the Alaska crips
+7   

7 days ago '17        #6
dubsax 13 heat pts13
space
space
$8,181 | Props total: 25977 25977
 Damagegadget said
random info, tongans and samoans war with each other often, most my samoan ninjas is blood, no wonder they claim crip

also random, but I have a book about tonga, and it shows us as usual, the originals were black, until people the asiatics we know today came in, mind you before columbus, and they didnt stop there either
Yea one was the conqueror of the other.
All the original islanders were black.

[pic - click to view]

Ths is william lanne, the last full blooded tasmanian.
The original Maori were black

The area of islands near samoa and tonga is known as melanasia
+48   

7 days ago '09        #7
Jacc Blacc 59 heat pts59
space
space
$26,663 | Props total: 11659 11659
man

it blows my mind

how did humans migrate from africa to places like tonga

i know it happened over a long period but eventually they walked all the way to asia and then created boats just searching for random sh*t?
+9   

7 days ago '17        #8
DrOTGenesis 
space
space
space
$437 | Props total: 897 897
 Jacc Blacc said
man

it blows my mind

how did humans migrate from africa to places like tonga

i know it happened over a long period but eventually they walked all the way to asia and then created boats just searching for random sh*t?
Theres a theory that all the continents of the world used to be one massive land. If this is true it makes sense that migration was easier than you think.

[video - click to view]

+9   

7 days ago '17        #9
Thegreatiandi 
space
space
$1,720 | Props total: 6996 6996
 dubsax said

[pic - click to view]

More interesting than this is William Crowther. And what he did to this man once he passed...and his racist reasoning behind it.
SMH...
+6   

7 days ago '14        #10
OCT DION 
space
space
$8,191 | Props total: 17488 17488
Why is it that whenever I see some sh*t in my suggestions on YouTube, that sh*t ends up on Boxden 2 days later? I was watching this sh*t the other day. Does everybody in the world get suggested the same sh*t or do we all get suggested the same videos cuz we're on here, watching all the same videos?
+29   

7 days ago '18        #11
Boxedin101 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$1,261 | Props total: 3907 3907
 OCT DION said
Why is it that whenever I see some sh*t in my suggestions on YouTube, that sh*t ends up on Boxden 2 days later? I was watching this sh*t the other day. Does everybody in the world get suggested the same sh*t or do we all get suggested the same videos cuz we're on here, watching all the same videos?
If you click on any video on boxden, YouTube's algorithm places you on a list for videos that can be related.
Because we all click on the videos, we are all on the same list of algorithms
+26   

7 days ago '04        #12
Yd4001 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,937 | Props total: 1671 1671
 Thegreatiandi said
More interesting than this is William Crowther. And what he did to this man once he passed...and his racist reasoning behind it.
SMH...
Just read about it. Deeply fu*ked up...Long Live King Billy
+8   

7 days ago '14        #13
wuzgooch 2 heat pts
space
space
$833 | Props total: 2199 2199
 OCT DION said
it's just youtube and google's algorithim, they pick 100s of videos then suggest vids based on stuff you've typed,searched, similar topics and etc
+1   

7 days ago '18        #14
BlaqThum 
space
space
$124 | Props total: 628 628
 wuzgooch said
it's just youtube and google's algorithim, they pick 100s of videos then suggest vids based on stuff you've typed,searched, similar topics and etc
Nah brah itís a social experiment they doing... mk ultra on steroids

+6   

7 days ago '06        #15
realgunta 879 heat pts879
space
space
$26,880 | Props total: 48195 48195
 Boxedin101 said
If you click on any video on boxden, YouTube's algorithm places you on a list for videos that can be related.
Because we all click on the videos, we are all on the same list of algorithms
^^this
+1   

7 days ago '15        #16
Prad Bitt 
space
space
$1,925 | Props total: 3172 3172
Fun fact alotta Tongans come here through Mormon ministries esp Arizona went to school with a lot, they beefed with Samoans and the girls could cook like whoa
+2   

7 days ago '07        #17
No Notoriety 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,321 | Props total: 10394 10394
Mad interesting props.
+1   

7 days ago '13        #18
mkhrt92 
space
space
$4,395 | Props total: 10792 10792
Good post OP

7 days ago '06        #19
"SS" 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,304 | Props total: 9501 9501
 OCT DION said
Bruh this popped up for me Thursday night and i watched it while i was going to sleep. For maybe the last month or 2 nothing but videos about la gangs has popped up and i promise I've watched all of em cause they're actually interesting, but this doc was pretty good to tho. I used to watch vice non stop when i had cable

7 days ago '07        #20
Damagegadget 493 heat pts493
space
space
$39,120 | Props total: 24687 24687
 dubsax said

[pic - click to view]

you speakin my language sir

[video - click to view]

+1   

7 days ago '04        #21
DJ Maximum|M 56 heat pts56
space
space
$45,839 | Props total: 21308 21308
man thats crazy what they do to willam lanne

7 days ago '15        #22
TrillTalk520 150 heat pts150
space
space
$3,251 | Props total: 12818 12818
 Prad Bitt said
Fun fact alotta Tongans come here through Mormon ministries esp Arizona went to school with a lot, they beefed with Samoans and the girls could cook like whoa
I work wit a Tongan (in AZ, go figure) and he said his wife also Tongan, can't cook for sh*t lol. Said him and their kids only like half of what she cooks

On another note he said back during his great great great grandparents days back in the islands it wasn't abnormal to leave the crib and come back to find the baby sitter cooking their infant

All other facts check out about him being Tongan n beefin wit Samoans so i believe him about the cannibalism sh*t. I always clown my co worker who be bumpin heads wit him like bro u might b hood but he's gna end up clubbin ya a*s n put u Ina stew

7 days ago '18        #23
tyke17 
space
space
space
$167 | Props total: 451 451
 TrillTalk520 said
I work wit a Tongan (in AZ, go figure) and he said his wife also Tongan, can't cook for sh*t lol. Said him and their kids only like half of what she cooks

On another note he said back during his great great great grandparents days back in the islands it wasn't abnormal to leave the crib and come back to find the baby sitter cooking their infant

All other facts check out about him being Tongan n beefin wit Samoans so i believe him about the cannibalism sh*t. I always clown my co worker who be bumpin heads wit him like bro u might b hood but he's gna end up clubbin ya a*s n put u Ina stew
Cannibalism was very real among the islanders.
I had a chance to travel to the Easter Islands, in the middle of Hawaii and Chile ( Island with the giant statues of heads).

Their are very few native islander descendants - spanish blood has come through - but they tell you of how common it was for people to eat each when resources became scarce.

The island civilizations are interesting as fu*k - real survival of the fittest due to the fact that the land area and the limited resources upon it forced them to look elsewhere, which made them become adept at sailing. I went fishing with a dude who grew up in Samoa and man, that sh*t is next level lol
+3   

7 days ago '15        #24
richmoneycash 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 6548 6548
Them tongans some big tough dudes. They send alot of dudes to the NFL from them small islands.

In the Texas they got and school called Euless Trinity where the community is full of polynesian kids because the Airport in Dallas hired a bunch of those people from the island in the 80s.

They be winning championships cuz they be having them big a*s tongans on the line. They got a huge advantage over some local teams. They done been on Gatorade commercials and everything.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

+10   

7 days ago '15        #25
Prad Bitt 
space
space
$1,925 | Props total: 3172 3172
 TrillTalk520 said

those cats are like naturally 25% bigger humans they eat, Iím surprised his wife canít burn but it might be they have American tastes I see these cats cook whole hogs in the ground meat so tender it melts, thatís wild about the cannibalism but island life no joke anywhere to be real
+3   

Home      

most viewed right now
+28online now  28
Video inside Amateur Adult Film Star Crystina Rossi Boyfriend Gets In A Shootout Liv..
370 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+35online now  18
Happy Vday, Christina Rossi is single and ready to mingle
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+16online now  17
NBA LEGENDARY: The Portland JAIL BLAZERS STORY Told From PRIVATE JET FLIGHT AT..
47 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+21online now  13
Image(s) inside Captain Marvel: Box Office Projection PLUMMETS after Brie Larson press..
219 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy