Feb 7 - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Wants To Include Other Minorities In Reparation Talks

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 months ago '17        #101
TheGreyOne 
space
space
$321 | Props total: 609 609
 Gold Face said
Reparations in 2019

In a economy held together by bubble gum you expect America to hand over cash to black folk

Pass that loud

Man...I applaud their passion but the reasoning is problematic. For instance who even would receive reparations in any form and how would they be determined.

Quick example- 7th grader daughter has a classmate who's a "minority" officially but considers himself "black" (because it's cool). Kid looks like a white boy who's spent a lot of time outdoors. But grandfather IS 100% Alabama Sambo. Army took him to Korea where he met boy's grandmother. Their son looks like a brown skinned Korean. He has this kid with a white girl. Now 12yrs old kid using the n-word and people looking wild about it but there's his black granddaddy bringing him to school and using the word too.

This all over America and we all see it everyday. Do THEY get reparations too?

[pic - click to view]

2 months ago '05        #102
Truth33 20 heat pts20
space
space
$6,584 | Props total: 1499 1499
Typical of certain people to want something for nothing. None of you built sh*t

2 months ago '17        #103
TheLastNonEarth 109 heat pts109
space
space
$9,505 | Props total: 50133 50133
 DamianDragunov said
Did the US government own slaves? I thought it was only wealthy land owners that had slaves? Can they trace back the actual rich families that actually had slaves? I imagine there’s hundreds of thousands of European immigrants that got here after the Civil War that had nothing to do with slavery and never had 1 ancestor involved in any kind of slave trade.
These rich large plantation owners relatives need traced. America’s population has boomed since after slavery. The majority of people nowadays never had any ancestor connections to any kind of slavery. Not even “renting” them out as one post said.

Did the US government own slaves? I t
They sanctioned and facilitated the trade of human beings.

Did the US government own slaves?

The US government employed slave labor, yes:

From quora:

Yes. The most prominent example would have to be in the construction of the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, D.C. In 2012 Congress ordered a commemorative marker in honor of the contributions of the enslaved laborers. (

The work occurred between 1793 and 1826 — allowing for the time that the building was burned by British troops during the War of 1812. ()
838 Views ·

[pic - click to view]

I thought it was only wealthy land owners that had slaves?

That would be wrong. When alt-right morons calculate actual slave owners, they include children to throw off the percentage, and states where slavery was abolished to minimize how prevelant it was in the south. In Mississippi, in 1860, we're talking roughly 1/2 of all households owning slaves

Yes, the rental thing was real:
What's never mentioned is the Rent-A-Slave industry allowing poor whites to rent a buck for the weekend from wealthy whites.

The majority of people nowadays never had any ancestor connections to any kind of slavery

The US government has been in existence since slavery though. Other corporations such as Chase Bank (formerly JP Morgan) made profits from the slave trade. Legally they can be sued as entities who participated.

As a black American, via taxes, I financially help to support native Americans on reservations because the entity known as the United States lost damn near every court case regarding broken land treaties with native Americans...I'm a citizen of the US. That's the law. Take it up with our legal system.
+10   

2 months ago '17        #104
Its 
space
space
space
$2,912 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Maxbcline said
Them n*ggas already getting kick backs. Talk to their corrupt a*s chiefs
Imo they're all $5 Indians
Most of the move makers in the 5 big tribes are anyway... them n*ggas white AS talking bout they 15% native lol
+4   

2 months ago '15        #105
ChoAssUp 78 heat pts78
space
space
$17,381 | Props total: 41450 41450
 Kyr0s said
Some of you are really lost and this is why people are always able to take advantage of our community.

While most reasonable people acknowledge the slave trade was prevalent in the Americas, we are talking about descendents of slaves in the US not Puerto Rico not South American Countries, not colonies of other European nations ... This is about the United States.

I can personally trace one of my ancestors to a port in Charleston, SC and to a plantation. Where in US during slavery can Hispanics trace their ancestry? Better yet tell me what plantation they worked on? I even know the land that was given to my ancestors that was eventually taken after the structure was burned down and people hung!

Saying someone shouldn't expect to collect a debt owed to their family is comedy. So if your parent helped build a company and was screwed out of ownership ... sued, settled but eventually passed away before receiving what was owed to them you wouldn't collect that debt? This isn't about you it's about that company properly compensating your parent for everything they sacrificed and endured building that company. What if down the road they screwed some more people over but still haven't paid the debt owed to your family are you OK with those people getting part of Your family's settlement? Didn't think so ...

The US has fu*ked over lots of countries and people but that doesn't mean they are owed or were even promised reparations.

I'm not going to regurgitate all the things that this country has done to black people from the time they stepped foot on this soil. If you don't know by now the difference between what our community went through and what the Hispanics community went through in other countries and eventually the US ... the educational system has failed you and it's time to stop getting your information from blogs and podcasts. Pick up a book ...

Nobody wants to be black until it's time for black people to be the recipient of something that was promised to them. You hear more people talking about how they aren't black despite having a black parent (or grand parent or great grand parent) the rule in this country has always been %1 African blood and you are black but now people are everything but and are offended if you call them that.

I've never asked for or needed a hand out from anyone but I'll be damned if I don't acknowledge how my ancestors contributed to building the wealth in this country and will always seek for this country to pay reparations for its past sins against our community and the fact some of you are so willing to allow this woman to a*similate her community into ours for their benefit (not ours) is infuriating. She does not give a fu*k about black people everything is about her people.

I won't even get into how a large segment of the Hispanic community feels about black people. Look how they treat dark skin black people in their own native countries.

I don't even know why I let the issue trigger me online but this Cortez-Trump woman is dangerous. She is willfully ignorant about basic things and it doesn't seem to bother most people because she's a progressive-democrat.

I agree with all of this. As a Hispanic person myself I know for a fact how they get down. Hell, my own father who is as black a*s the grimey layout on Boxden has said some of the most racist, self hating sh*t I've ever heard in my life. But that's besides the point, I wholeheartedly agree that if reparations were to be given out it should be to African Americans ONLY. Everybody wanna be a n*gga when it's convenient for them. disgusting
+5   

2 months ago '16        #106
Negusis 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,260 | Props total: 10727 10727
 240ka said
Those were $5 Indians not native Americans
Real Natives too, not just the $5 indians.

2 months ago '17        #107
space
space
 Fortune said
lmaoo I don't watch any politics on youtube, remove any of that sh*t when it pops up on my recommended.

and just like every leftie, when ppl don't agree with you or think that you're right the ad hominems start.

you like political debates -- not me.

you're free to think what you like I don't care about what you like and don't like politically. So I have no desire to debate you. it's 9 in the morn bruh. just not the way imma start my day. it's perfectly fine for us to not have the same opinion and not go on a pointless internet debate about it.

you are an embodiment of why ppl are growing tired of the left. enjoy the rest of your day brodie.
Damn you're stupid.
I'm a gun owning capitalist who's Anti-war and only for temporary welfare with restrictions to prevent abuse.

You're stuck in that 'lefty - righty' paradigm when if anything I'd have to be called moderate if I was forced to choose

You like saying slick Tom sh!t then tucking your tail and running when you get called on it.

Get your punk azz on outta here
+8   

2 months ago '17        #108
Fortune 185 heat pts185
space
space
$7,849 | Props total: 42254 42254
 TheLastNonEarth said
Damn you're stupid.
I'm a gun owning capitalist who's Anti-war and only for temporary welfare with restrictions to prevent abuse.

You're stuck in that 'lefty - righty' paradigm when if anything I'd have to be called moderate if I was forced to choose

You like saying slick Tom sh!t then tucking your tail and running when you get called on it.

Get your punk azz on outta here
not bout to internet argue with you, I'm not. I genuinely don't care what you think, and you're NOWHERE near as smart as you think you are. you're embarrassing yourself. you can have the last word.

2 months ago '17        #109
space
space
 A-L-P said
Coincidencently I only hear about these hypothetical scenarios happening from white people. Every scenario of minorities triggering whites always seems to end up as a civil war happening.

I don’t recall whites being this triggered when America gave reprarations to millions of Jews. Yet, the United States gov reniged on the promise( in writing) of giving free blacks reprarations (most of the land that was given was later confiscated) and you guys would start a civil war because the gov actually paid us what they promised?

I'm telling you bro, they're always protestin'a protest. Somebody talking about receiving justice over an injustice is when they lose their sh!t.

They feel no way about sh!t like this:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

The shyt hits the fan over this tho:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Is this what you guys want? You want a war? Alright...it's coming bud:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

+10   

2 months ago '14        #110
FukHowYouFeel 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,248 | Props total: 17985 17985
 A-L-P said
Coincidencently I only hear about these hypothetical scenarios happening from white people. Every scenario of minorities triggering whites always seems to end up as a civil war happening.

I don’t recall whites being this triggered when America gave reprarations to millions of Jews. Yet, the United States gov reniged on the promise( in writing) of giving free blacks reprarations (most of the land that was given was later confiscated) and you guys would start a civil war because the gov actually paid us what they promised?
The mistake y’all make is a*suming I would like the outcome either. I’m talking about a lose-lose for everyone.

For starters...There’s no iron clad way in establishing who’s a perpetrator and who’s a victim when not every black person in the United States in here as a result of the salve trade.

Likewise...We’re talking about a VERY slim group of white decedents who actually owned slaves...It’s akin to the modern day 1% in terms of who made up that group. When literally 75% of the wealth in this country is 1st Generation, do you see the modern day ramifications of confiscating $10-15 TRILLION of people’s money who literally are 5-6 generations removed from having anything to do with this sh*t?

Then there’s the economic ramifications of printing $15 trillion in cash. The money being paid out would be worth less than the judgement itself. That’s if the dollar didn’t outright collapse.

So now you have taken $15 trillion from 50-60% of Americans and what they have left (including what black people received) is now worth less and has less purchasing power globally.

And for what? It’s gonna suddenly make the “crackers” and “mayo” jokes stop flying anymore or the N word outta white people’ mouth? Black people are really gonna call it even all of a sudden?

This country would tear itself apart, literally because it would hurt us all and make the divide even deeper than it already is. You think it’s bad now? What you see now in the media is theater compared to what it would be like if this happen. You think I WANT that? fu*ks no...

So when y’all sit here and act like I’m a racist...You’re not only proving my point, you’re feeding into why these snake a*s politicians are saying this sh*t in the first place. And it’s working.

@
@
@@

And ALP, I bring up war not because I’m “triggered” or I’m white, but because there’s a historical context there that actually revolved around the singular issue of slavery itself.

Last edited by FukHowYouFeel; 02-07-2019 at 08:32 AM..

2 months ago '17        #111
space
space
 FukHowYouFeel said
The mistake y’all make is a*suming I would like the outcome either. I’m talking about a lose-lose for everyone.

For starters...There’s no iron clad way in establishing who’s a perpetrator and who’s a victim when not every black person in the United States in here as a result of the salve trade.

Likewise...We’re talking about a VERY slim group of white decedents who actually owned slaves...It’s akin to the modern day 1% in terms of who made up that group. When literally 75% of the wealth in this country is 1st Generation, do you see the modern day ramifications of confiscating $10-15 TRILLION of people’s money who literally are 5-6 generations removed from having anything to do with this sh*t?

Then there’s the economic ramifications of printing $15 trillion in cash. The money being paid out would be worth less than the judgement itself. That’s if the dollar didn’t outright collapse.

So now you have taken $15 trillion from 50-60% of Americans and what they have left (including what black people received) is now worth less and has less purchasing power globally.

And for what? It’s gonna suddenly make the “crackers” and “mayo” jokes stop flying anymore or the N word outta white people’ mouth? Black people are really gonna call it even all of a sudden?

This country would tear itself apart, literally because it would hurt us all and make the divide even deeper than it already is. You think it’s bad now? What you see now in the media theater compared to what it would be like if this happen. You think I WANT that? fu*ks no...

So when y’all sit here and act like I’m a racist...You’re not only proving my point, you’re feeding into why these snake a*s politicians are saying this sh*t in the first place. And it’s working.

@
@
@
@

There's so much dumb to address in this post in so little time. A: Your 1% stat is a complete joke. We can actually review the census numbers from 1860 where that figure is obtained and you'll be surprised how far off it is. Slavery was no small industry which only benefited a wealthy minority in the south. You're wrong.

There’s no iron clad way in establishing who’s a perpetrator and who’s a victim when not every black person in the United States in here as a result of the salve trade.

There's no ironclad way in determining how much money the slaves made America either. It'll be just as unfair as the slave trade itself.

Fakkit. Keep fooling all of your supposed black 'homies'. There's no getting around how you spoke like a klansman in your last post talking about we aren't gonna like it if we keep complaining. Fvck up.
+9   

2 months ago '14        #112
FukHowYouFeel 1 heat pts
space
space
 TheLastNonEarth said

There's so much dumb to address in this post in so little time. A: Your 1% stat is a complete joke. We can actually review the census numbers from 1860 where that figure is obtained and you'll be surprised how far off it is. Slavery was no small industry which only benefited a wealthy minority in the south. You're wrong.

There's no ironclad way in determining how much money the slaves made America either. It'll be just as unfair as the slave trade itself.

Fakkit. Keep fooling all of your supposed black 'homies'. There's no getting around how you spoke like a klansman in your last post talking about we aren't gonna like it if we keep complaining. Fvck up.
Like a klansman? Really, Non? When the fu*k did you shed your d*ck and sprout a pu**y all of a sudden?

Yeah...You’re right. I’ll take it back. It would be all rainbows and Kommbaya out this bi*ch.

2 months ago '17        #113
space
space
 Fortune said
not bout to internet argue with you, I'm not. I genuinely don't care what you think, and you're NOWHERE near as smart as you think you are. you're embarrassing yourself. you can have the last word.
Why are you even mentioning my IQ? What does that have to do with this debate?

You made claims that you can't back up. You came in and made some Tom remarks. I addressed those remarks. Didn't you say you had to workout? Gtfoh.

+5   

2 months ago '15        #114
kroock33 
space
space
space
$43 | Props total: 21 21
 Screwston Born said
She said that the New Deal and redlining compounded the hardships of slavery and made it into not just the horrific abuse for labor but a symbolic heirloom, an economic advantage after the slaves were "free".

She included Hispanics into the conversation to acknowledge there are Afro-Hispanic people who were also descended from slaves/Native people

Puerto Ricans are not "other minorities" if their ancestors are African like ours...

We can discuss Mexicans because very few Africans ended up there but, you can't discuss redlining and leave out the fact that it affected brown people.
Actually more slaves were documented in mexico than the Americas during the whole slave trade look it up.
+3   

2 months ago '17        #115
space
space
 FukHowYouFeel said
Like a klansman? Really, Non? When the fu*k did you shed your d*ck and sprout a pu**y all of a sudden?

Yeah...You’re right. I’ll take it back. It would be all rainbows and Kommbaya out this bi*ch.

Yes, as if your punk azz was going to do anything if there was a civil war. Focus on those black people you hang around with that you're fooling and try reading up on actual facts behind slavery so you don't sound as stupid.

good luck
+4   

2 months ago '15        #116
Deuce2416 
space
space
$1,988 | Props total: 5260 5260
 Fortune said
lmaoo I don't watch any politics on youtube, remove any of that sh*t when it pops up on my recommended.

and just like every leftie, when ppl don't agree with you or think that you're right the ad hominems start.

you're free to think what you like I don't care about what you like and don't like politically. So I have no desire to debate you. it's 9 in the morn bruh. just not the way imma start my day. it's perfectly fine for us to not have the same opinion and not go on a pointless internet debate about it.

you are an embodiment of why ppl are growing tired of the left. enjoy the rest of your day brodie.
@LastNonEarth

What he means to say is... “Stop! These facts hurt.”
+1   

2 months ago '14        #117
FukHowYouFeel 1 heat pts
space
space
 TheLastNonEarth said

Yes, as if your punk azz was going to do anything if there was a civil war. Focus on those black people you hang around with that you're fooling and try reading up on actual facts behind slavery so you don't sound as stupid.

good luck
But you would though...Right?

I ain’t gotta prove sh*t to the black people in my life. They know I’m solid.

2 months ago '17        #118
Fortune 185 heat pts185
space
space
 Deuce2416 said
@LastNonEarth

oh man you got me

2 months ago '15        #119
Deuce2416 
space
space
 Fortune said
oh man you got me
Nah... he got you. Repeatedly.
+5   

2 months ago '06        #120
smooth groove 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,434 | Props total: 2208 2208
Not watching but throw Nicaraguans in there and you got my vote.

I WANT THE MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!

2 months ago '17        #121
Fortune 185 heat pts185
space
space
 Deuce2416 said
Nah... he got you. Repeatedly.
well that's your opinion. I don't agree and y'all agree. it's ok for us not to agree. the more ppl like y'all who disagree with me the better. random internet opinions mean nothing to me. peace.

Last edited by Fortune; 02-07-2019 at 08:55 AM..

2 months ago '17        #122
space
space
 Deuce2416 said
@LastNonEarth

Exactly. A few of these posters spout lies and try to cop out with 'man, I'm not even here to have my lies and bs challenged'. I had just planned on posting the boolshyt and leaving. I ain't no debator dawg..
+5   

2 months ago '15        #123
Deuce2416 
space
space
 TheLastNonEarth said

Exactly. A few of these posters spout lies and try to cop out with 'man, I'm not even here to have my lies and bs challenged'. I had just planned on posting the boolshyt and leaving. I ain't no debator dawg..
They scatter like roaches when the facts come out. They’ll abandon threads THEY created. sh*t is hilarious.
+6   

2 months ago '11        #124
Kade 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$5,156 | Props total: 5769 5769
 TheLastNonEarth said

This is a strawman. On topic, we're discussing an article about a Puerto Rican woman who called for reperations, not even a black person. I've mentioned several times on here that no one is begging. Reperations is a movement that never caught on

Logic alone, without the caps lock and hurt feelings, corporations have been successfully sued for breaking treaties and participating in crimes against humanity. The United States is actually a corporation now

Here's why you and I actually pay money to native American tribes:

Broken Indian Treaties
From 1778 to 1871, the United States government entered into more than 500 treaties with the Native American tribes; all of these treaties have since been violated in some way or outright broken by the US government, while at least one treaty was violated or broken by Native American tribes.

500 broken treaties?

Facts don't care about your feelings.

Actual black people can trace their lineage back to when slaves were worth 270 billion in today's dollars, and who's sale was sanctioned by the US government. Do I think it will happen? Nah. Should it? There's a case for it. Hell, I'll take if they just outlawed blacks going to private prisons in 2019. No for profit prisons for blacks. That'd be reperations enough for me
I don't know if you're not understanding me but I am talking about the topic. You're the one going off topic.

2 months ago '16        #125
Wentzylvania 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,050 | Props total: 2126 2126
 Screwston Born said
She said that the New Deal and redlining compounded the hardships of slavery and made it into not just the horrific abuse for labor but a symbolic heirloom, an economic advantage after the slaves were "free".

She included Hispanics into the conversation to acknowledge there are Afro-Hispanic people who were also descended from slaves/Native people

Puerto Ricans are not "other minorities" if their ancestors are African like ours...

We can discuss Mexicans because very few Africans ended up there but, you can't discuss redlining and leave out the fact that it affected brown people.
The US government didn't enslave Puerto Ricans. They don't owe them reparations. If they got reparations from Spain (who enslaved them) as a black american I wouldn't ever want to ask them for their piece of the pie.
+4   

Home      

most viewed right now
+90online now  40
Image(s) inside No Plastic Surgery
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+20online now  31
Apr 21 - Magic Johnson joins Ice Cube’s bid to buy sports networks from Disney
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+96online now  16
Image(s) inside Nice hot tea >>> coffee 🍵
45 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+16online now  14
Image(s) inside All kinds of behind the scenes photos and videos from Bad Boys For Life
39 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
 Closes in 2 hrs - NBA: Houston at Utah - 10:30 PM
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy