Feb 7 - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Wants To Include Other Minorities In Reparation Talks

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 months ago '17        #76
TheLastNonEarth 109 heat pts109
space
space
$9,504 | Props total: 50128 50128
 Fortune said
fam it's a great sentiment, but if you're sitting around hoping and waiting for reparations it's a waste of mental energy and trust me, it's not gonna be free. we've seen the free stuff movie B4 enough times to know how it ends. nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing is truly free when you the gov involved. neither you nor I were, or even had the possibility of being slaves. so where would this mystery repetitions money come from and what would be the real price for it?
but if you're sitting around hoping and waiting for reparations it's a waste of mental energy and trust me, it's not gonna be free.
Hold on.

Keep your strawman argument with you. I'm not hoping or wishing for anything. Individually I'm good right now.

You made a slick remark about a 'free lunch'... something only the US government received in actual, not hypothetical history. It shows me where your head is at

Black folks haven't received a free lunch and never will. The us government did tho, the same way private corporations are now:

At least 37 states have legalized the contracting of prison labor by private corporations that mount their operations inside state prisons. The list of such companies contains the cream of U.S. corporate society: IBM, Boeing, Motorola, Microsoft, AT&T, Wireless, Texas Instrument, Dell, Compaq, Honeywell, Hewlett-Packard, Nortel, Lucent Technologies, 3Com, Intel, Northern Telecom, TWA, Nordstrom’s, Revlon, Macy’s, Pierre Cardin, Target Stores, and many more. All of these businesses are excited about the economic boom generation by prison labor.
+10   

2 months ago '19        #77
Gold Face 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,944 | Props total: 7036 7036
Reparations in 2019

In a economy held together by bubble gum you expect America to hand over cash to black folk

Pass that loud

2 months ago '17        #78
Fortune 185 heat pts185
space
space
$7,849 | Props total: 42254 42254
 TheLastNonEarth said
Hold on.

Keep your strawman argument with you. I'm not hoping or wishing for anything. Individually I'm good right now.

You made a slick remark about a 'free lunch'... something only the US government received in actual, not hypothetical history. It shows me where your head is at

Black folks haven't received a free lunch and never will. The us government did tho, the same way private corporations are now:
bruh we can go thru all that

but let's just cut the fat and get right to the meat

at the end of the day you weren't a slave and I wasn't either.

like I said it's a great sentiment, but it's more promises of free stuff from the left that always come with an asterisk.

how ppl keep falling for it, I'll never know.

2 months ago '17        #79
space
space
 Kade said
I was told not to beg for sh*t and get it on my own. I hear people begging and begging all the time... it's sickening. I don't give a damn what color you are... GET YOUR sh*t TOGETHER!
If your life is in shambles it is entirely YOUR FAULT! Stop riding the coattails of people who actually were in slavery, that sh*t is shameful.

This is a strawman. On topic, we're discussing an article about a Puerto Rican woman who called for reperations, not even a black person. I've mentioned several times on here that no one is begging. Reperations is a movement that never caught on

Logic alone, without the caps lock and hurt feelings, corporations have been successfully sued for breaking treaties and participating in crimes against humanity. The United States is actually a corporation now

Here's why you and I actually pay money to native American tribes:

Broken Indian Treaties
From 1778 to 1871, the United States government entered into more than 500 treaties with the Native American tribes; all of these treaties have since been violated in some way or outright broken by the US government, while at least one treaty was violated or broken by Native American tribes.

500 broken treaties?

Facts don't care about your feelings.

Actual black people can trace their lineage back to when slaves were worth 270 billion in today's dollars, and who's sale was sanctioned by the US government. Do I think it will happen? Nah. Should it? There's a case for it. Hell, I'll take if they just outlawed blacks going to private prisons in 2019. No for profit prisons for blacks. That'd be reperations enough for me

Last edited by TheLastNonEarth; 02-07-2019 at 07:33 AM..
+4   

2 months ago '16        #80
Kyr0s 
space
space
space
$185 | Props total: 649 649
Some of you are really lost and this is why people are always able to take advantage of our community.

While most reasonable people acknowledge the slave trade was prevalent in the Americas, we are talking about descendents of slaves in the US not Puerto Rico not South American Countries, not colonies of other European nations ... This is about the United States.

I can personally trace one of my ancestors to a port in Charleston, SC and to a plantation. Where in US during slavery can Hispanics trace their ancestry? Better yet tell me what plantation they worked on? I even know the land that was given to my ancestors that was eventually taken after the structure was burned down and people hung!

Saying someone shouldn't expect to collect a debt owed to their family is comedy. So if your parent helped build a company and was screwed out of ownership ... sued, settled but eventually passed away before receiving what was owed to them you wouldn't collect that debt? This isn't about you it's about that company properly compensating your parent for everything they sacrificed and endured building that company. What if down the road they screwed some more people over but still haven't paid the debt owed to your family are you OK with those people getting part of Your family's settlement? Didn't think so ...

The US has fu*ked over lots of countries and people but that doesn't mean they are owed or were even promised reparations.

I'm not going to regurgitate all the things that this country has done to black people from the time they stepped foot on this soil. If you don't know by now the difference between what our community went through and what the Hispanics community went through in other countries and eventually the US ... the educational system has failed you and it's time to stop getting your information from blogs and podcasts. Pick up a book ...

Nobody wants to be black until it's time for black people to be the recipient of something that was promised to them. You hear more people talking about how they aren't black despite having a black parent (or grand parent or great grand parent) the rule in this country has always been %1 African blood and you are black but now people are everything but and are offended if you call them that.

I've never asked for or needed a hand out from anyone but I'll be damned if I don't acknowledge how my ancestors contributed to building the wealth in this country and will always seek for this country to pay reparations for its past sins against our community and the fact some of you are so willing to allow this woman to a*similate her community into ours for their benefit (not ours) is infuriating. She does not give a fu*k about black people everything is about her people.

I won't even get into how a large segment of the Hispanic community feels about black people. Look how they treat dark skin black people in their own native countries.

I don't even know why I let the issue trigger me online but this Cortez-Trump woman is dangerous. She is willfully ignorant about basic things and it doesn't seem to bother most people because she's a progressive-democrat.
+12   

2 months ago '07        #81
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,574 | Props total: 3541 3541
 abcxyz said
because thats what the people who went through slavery would want. this absolute piece of sh*t generation to be paid for the wrongs done to them. get all the way the fu*k out of here. you mother fu*kers dont deserve a fu*king thing and they would all agree. your lives are the easiest they have ever been. ever. period. most of you mother fu*kers dont do a fu*king thing besides bi*ch and moan about NOTHING on social media. you dont contribute a fu*king thing to this world besides quips and memes on the internet and you want fu*king paid for the sh*t they went through????? you should be fu*king ashamed if you really feel as though you deserve anything.
@ you need to do a little research on african slavery before saying white people need to pay.

About 50 percent of the slaves were taken as prisoners during the frequent tribal wars occurring among the West African kingdoms. Another 30 percent became slaves as punishment for crimes or indebtedness. The remainder were kidnapped by black slave traders.

[pic - click to view]

In the early 18th century, Kings of Dahomey (known today as Benin) became big players in the slave trade, waging a bitter war on their neighbours, resulting in the capture of 10,000, including another important slave trader, the King of Whydah. King Tegbesu made £250,000 a year selling people into slavery in 1750. King Gezo said in the 1840's he would do anything the British wanted him to do apart from giving up slave trade:

"The slave trade is the ruling principle of my people. It is the source and the glory of their wealth…the mother lulls the child to sleep with notes of triumph over an enemy reduced to slavery…"

In 1807, Britain declared all slave trading illegal. The king of Bonny (in what is now the Nigerian delta) was dismayed at the conclusion of the practice.

"We think this trade must go on. That is the verdict of our oracle and the priests. They say that your country, however great, can never stop a trade ordained by God himself."

[pic - click to view]

not only were african leaders the main culprit.... THEY DIDNT WANT IT TO STOP.

SLAP AWAY BECAUSE YOURE MAD!
1. You oversimplified the African slave trade to fit your narrative. All west African tribes did not agree on the slave trade. You had tribes that refused to sell their citizens after they learned of the atrocities that took place aboard the slave ships and the America’s.

2. Yes, Africans played a role in the trans Atlantic slave trade but the buyers (white people) are still on the hook for how they treated the slaves and their ancestors once they were in their possession. Why do you say the Africans were the main culprits but not the actual buyers of the slave labor? Trying to understand your logic behind that statement. I feel like that train of logic would not be used in ANY other scenario (“but your honor, why am I trial for purchasing drugs? It’s not my fault, the guy who sold it to me is the main culprit”).
+9   

2 months ago '17        #82
space
space
 Fortune said
bruh we can go thru all that

but let's just cut the fat and get right to the meat

like I said it's a great sentiment, but it's more promises of free stuff from the left that always come with an asterisk.

how ppl keep falling for it, I'll never know.

Right, you've picked your side

There's nothing free about what the US government received on the backs of slave labor. It's ok for them to get a free lunch, huh? Any historian or economist will tell you that free labor propelled the United States in it's rise to the top of the world economy.

You have to study 'law'. Hopefully, there's a decent library near you. Look up a word called 'estate'. The money that went to descendants of native Americans essentially went to their estate or offspring.

What happened to their ancestors actually affected them in the here and now.

how ppl keep falling for it, I'll never know
From Clinton's imposed welfare to work provisions, please tell me what blacks have been getting from 'the left'.. you also mind sharing job prospects under Democrat presidents? With all the handouts, you'd probably say blacks have done worse under the likes of Clinton & Obama, right?
+5   

2 months ago '16        #83
Negusis 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,259 | Props total: 10727 10727
 TheLastNonEarth said
You just co-signed his post tho... about the 1%

You should research the number. @ is just parroting the alt-right talking points on slavery. Their goal is to minimize the extent of slavery for whatever emotional comfort they derive from that.

1/3 people living in a household that had a slave isn't some minor thing. That's the percentage of people with a college degree.
Either way, he's wrong.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #84
ChoAssUp 78 heat pts78
space
space
$17,381 | Props total: 41450 41450
I'm half Cuban, half Dominican and I'm sure there were some slaves down the line in my family tree. However, although I consider myself just a spanish speaking black man, I know I probably wouldn't be eligible for reparations but I also don't give a sh*t either. As long as the right people get the bag and the right thing is done with the money to help put black people on equal footing I'm all for it. This should have been planned and talked about a LONG time ago. Better late than never right?
+6   

2 months ago '07        #85
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 BIG RICHARD said
1 percent owned slaves bruh
No, the percentages varied from state to state. The highest being in states such as Mississippi and Alabama where the slave ownership rate was as high as 56%. The average slave ownership rate per household in the south as a whole was estimated to be somewhere between 30-38%. The only reason it wasn’t higher was because of cost barriers prevented poor whites from owning a slave. But even if they didn’t own slaves, they still benefited indirectly from the trickle down effect of the slave based economy and socially from being above blacks in the racial heirechy.

Where do y’all get these stats on slavery? It seems like y’all just cherry pick all the “feel good” narratives and flattering elements and ignore the uncomfortable parts.

Last edited by A-L-P; 02-07-2019 at 08:06 AM..
+10   

2 months ago '17        #86
Fortune 185 heat pts185
space
space
 TheLastNonEarth said
Right, you've picked your side

There's nothing free about what the US government received on the backs of slave labor. It's ok for them to get a free lunch, huh? Any historian or economist will tell you that free labor propelled the United States in it's rise to the top of the world economy.

You have to study 'law'. Hopefully, there's a decent library near you. Look up a word called 'estate'. The money that went to descendants of native Americans essentially went to their estate or offspring.

What happened to their ancestors actually affected them in the here and now.

From Clinton's imposed welfare to work provisions, please tell me what blacks have been getting from 'the left'.. you also mind sharing job prospects under Democrat presidents? With all the handouts, you'd probably say blacks have done worse under the likes of Clinton & Obama, right?
man honestly bruh I don't really feel like a debate this morning. I just don't have it in me this morn.

I don't have to study reparations law to know it would end up being a trojan horse of some sort. like always when it comes to free stuff.

we'll just leave it at this, I'm not listening to the free stuff candidates because ain't sh*t free in this country.

and yes I choose the side of self reliance. not listening to ppl who manipulate ppl's sense of entitlement and collectivist nature.

2 months ago '07        #87
Goosie McNeen 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,680 | Props total: 4872 4872
West Germany doled out billions to Israel for reparations.
+4   

2 months ago '07        #88
Goosie McNeen 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,680 | Props total: 4872 4872
And if thy brother, a Hebrew man, or a Hebrew woman, be sold unto thee, and serve thee six years; then in the seventh year thou shalt let him go free from thee. And when thou sendest him out free from thee, thou shalt not let him go away empty: thou shalt furnish him liberally out of thy flock, and out of thy floor, and out of thy winepress: of that wherewith the LORD thy God hath blessed thee thou shalt give unto him. And thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in the land of Egypt, and the LORD thy God redeemed thee: therefore I command thee this thing today.

— deuteronomy 15: 12–15

One nation, under God
+1   

2 months ago '17        #89
space
space
 Kyr0s said
Some of you are really lost and this is why people are always able to take advantage of our community.

While most reasonable people acknowledge the slave trade was prevalent in the Americas, we are talking about descendents of slaves in the US not Puerto Rico not South American Countries, not colonies of other European nations ... This is about the United States.

I can personally trace one of my ancestors to a port in Charleston, SC and to a plantation. Where in US during slavery can Hispanics trace their ancestry? Better yet tell me what plantation they worked on? I even know the land that was given to my ancestors that was eventually taken after the structure was burned down and people hung!

Saying someone shouldn't expect to collect a debt owed to their family is comedy. So if your parent helped build a company and was screwed out of ownership ... sued, settled but eventually passed away before receiving what was owed to them you wouldn't collect that debt? This isn't about you it's about that company properly compensating your parent for everything they sacrificed and endured building that company. What if down the road they screwed some more people over but still haven't paid the debt owed to your family are you OK with those people getting part of Your family's settlement? Didn't think so ...

The US has fu*ked over lots of countries and people but that doesn't mean they are owed or were even promised reparations.

I'm not going to regurgitate all the things that this country has done to black people from the time they stepped foot on this soil. If you don't know by now the difference between what our community went through and what the Hispanics community went through in other countries and eventually the US ... the educational system has failed you and it's time to stop getting your information from blogs and podcasts. Pick up a book ...

Nobody wants to be black until it's time for black people to be the recipient of something that was promised to them. You hear more people talking about how they aren't black despite having a black parent (or grand parent or great grand parent) the rule in this country has always been %1 African blood and you are black but now people are everything but and are offended if you call them that.

I've never asked for or needed a hand out from anyone but I'll be damned if I don't acknowledge how my ancestors contributed to building the wealth in this country and will always seek for this country to pay reparations for its past sins against our community and the fact some of you are so willing to allow this woman to a*similate her community into ours for their benefit (not ours) is infuriating. She does not give a fu*k about black people everything is about her people.

I won't even get into how a large segment of the Hispanic community feels about black people. Look how they treat dark skin black people in their own native countries.

I don't even know why I let the issue trigger me online but this Cortez-Trump woman is dangerous. She is willfully ignorant about basic things and it doesn't seem to bother most people because she's a progressive-democrat.

Bro, it's either non black posters or 'new woke' black Republicans parroting that bullshyt.

Saying someone shouldn't expect to collect a debt owed to their family is comedy. So if your parent helped build a company and was screwed out of ownership .
I only know about stolen black land because my grandmother used to talk about it whenever she had a chance

Muthaphuckas are evil.. talking bout 'pull your pants up'.

n*gga, my pants are up. It doesn't excuse none of the shyt that actually happened. It doesn't make any corporation less liable either:

For generations, black families passed down the tales in uneasy whispers: ''They stole our land.''
These were family secrets shared after the children fell asleep, after neighbors turned down the lamps - old stories locked in fear and shame.

Some of those whispered bits of oral history, it turns out, are true.

In an 18-month investigation, The a*sociated Press documented a pattern in which black Americans were cheated out of their land or driven from it through intimidation, violence and even murder.

In some cases, government officials approved the land takings; in others, they took part in them. The earliest occurred before the Civil War; others are being litigated today.
Some of the land taken from black families has become a country club in Virginia, oil fields in Mississippi, a major-league baseball spring training facility in Florida.

The United States has a long history of bitter, often violent land disputes, from claim jumping in the gold fields to range wars in the old West to broken treaties with American Indians. Poor white landowners, too, were sometimes treated unfairly, pressured to sell out at rock-bottom prices by railroads and lumber and mining companies.
The fate of black landowners has been an overlooked part of this story.

The AP - in an investigation that included interviews with more than 1,000 people and the examination of tens of thousands of public records in county courthouses and state and federal archives - documented 107 land takings in 13 Southern and border states.
In those cases alone, 406 black landowners lost more than 24,000 acres of farm and timber land plus 85 smaller properties, including stores and city lots. Today, virtually all of this property, valued at tens of millions of dollars, is owned by whites or by corporations.

Properties taken from blacks were often small - a 40-acre farm, a general store, a modest house. But the losses were devastating to families struggling to overcome the legacy of slavery. In the agrarian South, landownership was the ladder to respect and prosperity - the means to building economic security and passing wealth on to the next generation. When black families lost their land, they lost all of this.

Besides the 107 cases the AP

[pic - click to view]

+7   

2 months ago '07        #90
240ka 58 heat pts58
space
space
$24,658 | Props total: 7856 7856
 Dehone said
I don't ever want to hear anyone who isn't black speak on black reparations. And no, that "well Puerto Ricans are black too" bullsh*t ain't flying either. I had nothing against her but this is more of that "people of color" sh*t minorities do to coopt black struggles. Mexicans ain't build sh*t. PRs ain't build sh*t.

This bi*ch really thinks blacks, who have been her since 1619 are fu*ked up in the game because of some sh*t in the 1940s and 50s....

If we all did get reparations, they better get their sh*t prorated so blacks still get the majority of it as we metaphorically paid into it way more than these other voluntary immigrants.
Blacks aka indigenous native negroes have been here way before 1619
+3   

2 months ago '07        #91
240ka 58 heat pts58
space
space
 GremFandango said
Native Americans are the only ones who can join us for reparations
Native Americans are black.

2 months ago '08        #92
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,697 | Props total: 520 520
This bi*ch is stupid.

2 months ago '17        #93
space
space
 Fortune said
man honestly bruh I don't really feel like a debate this morning. I just don't have it in me this morn.

I don't have to study reparations law to know it would end up being a trojan horse of some sort. like always when it comes to free stuff.

we'll just leave it at this, I'm not listening to the free stuff candidates because ain't sh*t free in this country.

and yes I choose the side of self reliance. not listening to ppl who manipulate ppl's sense of entitlement and collectivist nature.
I'm not listening to the free stuff candidates because ain't sh*t free in this country.

My hope for you is that you get your own opinions and stop repeating YouTubers named Logan word for word. Think for yourself.

I don't have to study reparations law to know it would end up being a trojan horse of some sort.
That's neither here nor there. I just wanted to call you out on your slick 'free lunch' comment. We know where you stand now Thomas.

man honestly bruh I don't really feel like a
It's because you've got nothing to say.
You wouldn't have been able to back up your 'free stuff' claims with actual data.

You all have got to choose an argument. The vast majority of black people have been gainfully employed for decades now. It's virtually impossible to live off of food stamps. You can't even qualify for a*sistance without a job. Most people on a*sistance work. I know, I know, it doesn't help your narrative....but you're just a parrot so we're not expecting much from you.
+8   

2 months ago '14        #94
FukHowYouFeel 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,248 | Props total: 17982 17982
 yolaboy said
people goin full stormfront on here now

uhh, yeah, #2 pretty much established that
I didn’t even mean it like that. I’m just telling you what would happen.

You start handling out money like that (some people estimate it’s upwards of $15 trillion)...The damage that would do to the economy/the dollar alone and premise in which its being done...

sh*t would get ugly man. That’s not MY feelings that’s just what would happen.

2 months ago '07        #95
240ka 58 heat pts58
space
space
 Negusis said
This goes for white people and Native Americans:

Yes, around 1% owned slaved.

But what about:

- buck breakers
- slave catchers
- white people who worked on the plantations that spent this whole down abusing black people
- slave traders
- the ones who brought them over on the boats

While, only 1% were slave owners, everybody participated in the slave trade.

The Native Americans are specifically known to have cut black people out of the Treaty of 1866. So as far as I'm concerned, they can hold their own nuts too.
Those were $5 Indians not native Americans
+4   

2 months ago '15        #96
DamianDragunov 
space
space
$10,988 | Props total: 29185 29185
 TheLastNonEarth said

The irony in that is delicious. It's almost like you were telling the US government that at some point it had to pay for all that free labor from slavery. Like you said, that check always comes after you're finished eating.

Y'all people are crazy.. such hypocrites.
Did the US government own slaves? I thought it was only wealthy land owners that had slaves? Can they trace back the actual rich families that actually had slaves? I imagine there’s hundreds of thousands of European immigrants that got here after the Civil War that had nothing to do with slavery and never had 1 ancestor involved in any kind of slave trade.
These rich large plantation owners relatives need traced. America’s population has boomed since after slavery. The majority of people nowadays never had any ancestor connections to any kind of slavery. Not even “renting” them out as one post said.

2 months ago '18        #97
Rasheed Walrus 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,266 | Props total: 4991 4991
A lot of Puerto Ricans won't claim their African ancestry unless money is involved.
+3   

2 months ago '17        #98
Fortune 185 heat pts185
space
space
 TheLastNonEarth said

My hope for you is that you get your own opinions and stop repeating YouTubers named Logan word for word. Think for yourself.

That's neither here nor there. I just wanted to call you out on your slick 'free lunch' comment. We know where you stand now Thomas.

It's because you've got nothing to say.
You wouldn't have been able to back up your 'free stuff' claims with actual data.

You all have got to choose an argument. The vast majority of black people have been gainfully employed for decades now. It's virtually impossible to live off of food stamps. You can't even qualify for a*sistance without a job. Most people on a*sistance work. I know, I know, it doesn't help your narrative....but you're just a parrot so we're not expecting much from you.
lmaoo I don't watch any politics on youtube, remove any of that sh*t when it pops up on my recommended.

and just like every leftie, when ppl don't agree with you or think that you're right the ad hominems start.

you like political debates -- not me.

you're free to think what you like I don't care about what you like and don't like politically. So I have no desire to debate you. it's 9 in the morn bruh. just not the way imma start my day. it's perfectly fine for us to not have the same opinion and not go on a pointless internet debate about it.

you are an embodiment of why ppl are growing tired of the left. enjoy the rest of your day brodie.

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '17        #99
Naga Sadow 32 heat pts32
space
space
$11,578 | Props total: 47901 47901
The only group who should be included are the Natives and possibly the Chinese who were duped into building the rail road system. Unless your ancestors were screwed over and ribbed of their previous servitude to the point where their subsequent generations suffered and were held back, nobody should get a thing.
+1   

2 months ago '07        #100
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 FukHowYouFeel said
I didn’t even mean it like that. I’m just telling you what would happen.

You start handling out money like that (some people estimate it’s upwards of $15 trillion)...The damage that would do to the economy/the dollar alone and premise in which its being done...

sh*t would get ugly man. That’s not MY feelings that’s just what would happen.

Coincidencently I only hear about these hypothetical scenarios happening from white people. Every scenario of minorities triggering whites always seems to end up as a civil war happening.

I don’t recall whites being this triggered when America gave reprarations to millions of Jews. Yet, the United States gov reniged on the promise( in writing) of giving free blacks reprarations (most of the land that was given was later confiscated) and you guys would start a civil war because the gov actually paid us what they promised?
+7   

Home      

most viewed right now
+18online now  38
Apr 21 - Magic Johnson joins Ice Cube’s bid to buy sports networks from Disney
43 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+93online now  32
Image(s) inside Nice hot tea >>> coffee 🍵
43 comments