Feb 6 - Dem. Presidential Candidate Calls for $100B in Slavery Reparations

most viewed right now
+109  82
43 comments @thotties
most viewed right now
+21  54
12 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '05        #101
QualityRecords 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,562 | Props total: 4531 4531
Don't be fooled by someone who promises you things until they deliver. Also less than 3 grand isn't going to satisfy most people and most Americans aren't going to want to pay more taxes to cover this, and that is what it would take. If they had a big surprlus then I could see it flying but they already owe China billions, maybe even trillions.

1 week ago '05        #102
4REAL 4 heat pts
space
space
$16,093 | Props total: 9025 9025
 Sin said
minus those not descendant of American slaves

those who immigrated from Caribbean and South American after slavery ended wouldn't be included
This is where it gets tricky because the descendants of those migrant groups have likely blended and inter-married with native African Americans.
+1   

1 week ago '05        #103
4REAL 4 heat pts
space
space
 Mamluke13 said
I don't think we should get reparations until we have our own factories and business like black wall street or else it would go right back to them. It be a dang shame when some black people get reparations that they would be eager just to try to be down with none blacks
The reparations can make African Americans financially independent to the point that they can open up their own factories and recreate a black wall street. Not everyone will go by diamonds nor does it have to come in the form of a check.
+5   

1 week ago '11        #104
Sin 1872 heat pts1872 OP
space
space
$28,212 | Props total: 80997 80997
 4REAL said
This is where it gets tricky because the descendants of those migrant groups have likely blended and inter-married with native African Americans.
yeah that would definitely complicate the hell out of this if this wasn't hypothetical

those descendant would probably take an L and get cheated

1 week ago '17        #105
myPOWER 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,690 | Props total: 3148 3148
 Stand Tall said
Over 300 yrs of labor and torture in a country and ur talk about a one way ticket?

U may be in this country know but u ain’t a black male from here talkin about a damn one way ticket to you don’t even know where.

This 100 billion over ten yrs isn’t for individual payments.

What do you think that should go towards?
It’s not gonna help anything. As a black male that made it out of poverty - the problem is deeper than $.

Need to focus on providing resources for black kids to learn how to stay focused, disciplined, and get good education. That will create generational wealth.

1 week ago '08        #106
606robin 28 heat pts28
space
space
$6,632 | Props total: 5598 5598
100 billion? Isn’t applicable to 4 centuries of inflation. The White House and all of DC was built by slaves... without even getting into the juggernaut of the SOUTH.

Never gonna happen though. #FFFFFF folks would rather start a civil war part two instead. Or create a venuzalian hyper inflation, making the money pennies on the dollar literally.

Last edited by 606robin; 02-06-2019 at 07:55 PM..
+4   

1 week ago '05        #107
precys 91 heat pts91
space
space
$5,391 | Props total: 11010 11010
 Sin said
Puerto rico was a spanish colony during slavery became US territory 1898 after slavery

St. Croix the US purchases from denmark 1916 after slavery ended

the virgin islands in 1917 after the slavery ended

the Caribbean slavery was france, spain britain and portugal

So you are saying they don't inherit the bad with the good?? I'm not sure how you do business but if I sell you a car and you know the engine is bad that doesn't mean 5 years later when the car asks you for an engine repair you can come back to me and ask to pay for your repairing what I already sold you. You inherited that nasty engine to use for the time being along with any future issues that may arise. Like you said, Spain & Denmark sold all responsibilities to America, whether it be good or bad, in 1917 and should be held accountable now or you think they got a cheap deal from Spain and Denmark because Spain and Denmark signed a clause at the bottom that excluded America from having to deal with any future negative issue that may arise from governing a country full of prior slaves? Spain & Denmark got that! lmfaoo

1 week ago '04        #108
SainT 
space
space
$161 | Props total: 96 96
 Sin said

Marianne Williamson, a best-selling author. spiritual teacher and activist, announced her bid for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination on Monday. On Thursday, she sat down on CNN’s New Day, where she said the United States needs to pay African-Americans reparations for slavery.

“We need a moral and spiritual awakening in the country,” the candidate stated. “Nothing short of that is adequate to really fundamentally change the patterns of our political dysfunction.”

Her platform includes proposal for free public college, universal health care, Medicare for all, a green new deal and $10 billion per year for slavery reparations to be paid over the course of a decade.

“I believe $100 billion given to a council to apply this money to economic projects and educational projects of renewal for that population is simply a debt to be paid,” Williamson said.

Watch the full interview below to hear what she believes to be the “deeper truths” about what has failed the American people.

Sounds good and all but it will never happen.
+1   

1 week ago '11        #109
Sin 1872 heat pts1872 OP
space
space
 SainT said
i don't believe it ever will happen either

1 week ago '05        #110
4REAL 4 heat pts
space
space
 precys said
So you are saying they don't inherit the bad with the good?? I'm not sure how you do business but if I sell you a car and you know the engine is bad that doesn't mean 5 years later when the car asks you for an engine repair you can come back to me and ask to pay for your repairing what I already sold you. You inherited that nasty engine to use for the time being along with any future issues that may arise. Like you said, Spain & Denmark sold all responsibilities to America, whether it be good or bad, in 1917 and should be held accountable now or you think they got a cheap deal from Spain and Denmark because Spain and Denmark signed a clause at the bottom that excluded America from having to deal with any future negative issue that may arise from governing a country full of prior slaves? Spain & Denmark got that! lmfaoo

If you want America to pay the descendants of Caribbeans in America money, then you're going to have to create a platform and inject that into the conversation. People of the grassroots have made it clear that American reparations are only for American descendants of slaves and that all other black groups are excluded.

I personally think all black people in America should be compensated if they give out checks but the grassroots movement that brought reparations into political discourse are only concerned with American Descendants of Slaves.
+4   

1 week ago '11        #111
Sin 1872 heat pts1872 OP
space
space
 precys said

reparation is a hard enough pill to swallow trying to convince people to pay for Caribbean sounds impossible
+1   

1 week ago '07        #112
CASH1 11 heat pts11
space
space
$14,394 | Props total: 8013 8013
I like DeBlasio's idea of giving a portion of all marijuana sales to the community.

1 week ago '05        #113
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,588 | Props total: 19259 19259
 Pretty Tone said
Me:this aint enough!

White people:
[pic - click to view]

@ @ @
+2   

1 week ago '05        #114
4REAL 4 heat pts
space
space
 myPOWER said
It’s not gonna help anything. As a black male that made it out of poverty - the problem is deeper than $.

Need to focus on providing resources for black kids to learn how to stay focused, disciplined, and get good education. That will create generational wealth.
Who said money was the only solution?
+1   

1 week ago '16        #115
KWizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,545 | Props total: 11370 11370
 KWizzle said
im with all her talking points the only question would have is who is this council that the money will be funneled thru
Come to think of it we dont even need money tax cuts home purchasing programs land allocations free education for ADOS is perfectly fine for me fu*k the bread

1 week ago '05        #116
precys 91 heat pts91
space
space
 4REAL said
If you want America to pay the descendants of Caribbeans in America money, then you're going to have to create a platform and inject that into the conversation. People of the grassroots have made it clear that American reparations are only for American descendants of slaves and that all other black groups are excluded.

I personally think all black people in America should be compensated if they give out checks but the grassroots movement that brought reparations into political discourse are only concerned with American Descendants of Slaves.

The places I am naming are US citizens now but you are saying that whoever it is coming up with this idea is saying their slavery doesn't count because it wasn't on the mainland or directly in relation with the US at the time? I'm not referring to all the islands, just the ones that ended up becoming US territories. They're saying that their window for reparations closed the moment the US purchased those countries and converted them to citizens was starting a new slate? Was that the reparations offered for that time? lmfaooo That's wild. I see what you guys are saying and can see that point of view. I guess I just don't agree with it but I completely agree with the concept in general.

1 week ago '05        #117
precys 91 heat pts91
space
space
 Sin said
reparation is a hard enough pill to swallow trying to convince people to pay for Caribbean sounds impossible

Yeah, I agree. I was more so curious on other points of views.

1 week ago '16        #118
KWizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,545 | Props total: 11370 11370
 SainT said
Only cuz we sittin on a message board sayin it wont happpen instead of demanding this from our politicians
+2   

1 week ago '04        #119
octane 
space
space
$4,890 | Props total: 2349 2349
i like the offer but this bi*ch will get k*lled before some sh*t like that happens. The government will give extra bonus checks to every white CEO in the country before they give a n*gga a nickel.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #120
myPOWER 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,690 | Props total: 3148 3148
 4REAL said
Who said money was the only solution?
Money is the solution, as every resource requires money.

It’s about understanding the allocation of money for future success.

1 week ago '11        #121
Sin 1872 heat pts1872 OP
space
space
 precys said
Yeah, I agree. I was more so curious on other points of views.
i don't believe we'll ever get any money from the goverment

i do like what the decedents of the Georgetown slaves did by getting free college

going after companies or individuals that profited off slavery that are still around

Last edited by Sin; 02-06-2019 at 08:38 PM..

1 week ago '16        #122
Wentzylvania 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$992 | Props total: 2000 2000
 Naga Sadow said
I'm all for it in terms of education and property ownership. Giving money directly to people will just have it right back in the system with no gains. It should be used as a means to put black people on equal footing. But honestly $100B is nowhere near enough. How can you honestly calculate the financial gains this country has benefitted from due to slave labor?
100B is about $2700 a person. Way too low.

Also studies have found cash is the best form of aid.

If people got a transformative amount of money (let's say $20,000 like the Japanese got) tons would use it to pay off debts, start businesses, buy property, etc. Sure some will blow it off but that's enough money for tons of people to change things seriously.
+3   

1 week ago '17        #123
Naga Sadow 22 heat pts22
space
space
$10,148 | Props total: 41466 41466
 Wentzylvania said
100B is about $2700 a person. Way too low.

Also studies have found cash is the best form of aid.

If people got a transformative amount of money (let's say $20,000 like the Japanese got) tons would use it to pay off debts, start businesses, buy property, etc. Sure some will blow it off but that's enough money for tons of people to change things seriously.
Great post. Thanks for the read. It puts a lot more into perspective.

1 week ago '05        #124
ice wolf 549 heat pts549
space
space
$10,062 | Props total: 8419 8419
Identity politics

1 week ago '17        #125
Stand Tall 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,732 | Props total: 14333 14333
 myPOWER said

Ur not from here.

How much money ur parent get handed 2 them? Housing? Ect ect.

Immigrants get great handouts
+3   

Home      

most viewed right now
+29online now  40
Video inside Amateur Adult Film Star Crystina Rossi Boyfriend Gets In A Shootout Liv..
373 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+36online now  24
Happy Vday, Christina Rossi is single and ready to mingle
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+16online now  24
NBA LEGENDARY: The Portland JAIL BLAZERS STORY Told From PRIVATE JET FLIGHT AT..
47 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+40online now  23
Image(s) inside Which BX member needs to come get his wife?
90 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy