Brie Larson Says Views The Upcoming ‘Captain Marvel’ As “My Form Of Activism”

most viewed right now
144 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
38 comments @wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 months ago '04        #51
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,143 | Props total: 2441 2441
 FrankAndBeans said
Emily Blunt wanted the role

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

She should have got it off her portrayal in that tom cruise movie and looper
+2   

3 months ago '04        #52
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
 PrinceDreSON said
She ACTIVELY took a role from a black woman. OG captain marvel is Monica Rambeau .... a BLACK woman.... movie gonna be trash. Wooden plank a*s face
Slapped for false information...

[pic - click to view]

THIS IS

OG Capt marvel

And Monica DID not come before ms marvel who Capt marvel is based on

GOOGLE is your friend
+7   

3 months ago '05        #53
Muggz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,789 | Props total: 7755 7755
I was already on the fence to see this cause captain marvel and woman superhero’s especially pg rated sh*t is boring af to me. Look if they made a R rated black widow I’m there day 1

But I don’t fu*k with this Brie Larson bi*ch. I don’t give a fu*k about skrulls marvel been giving us the same lame alien villain sh*t for 15 years. Sam Jack was the only thing keepin me interested. So thank u miss Larson for letting me know to wait til it leaks in HD with ya SJW bullsh*t

O and Deeeeez Nutz
+3   

3 months ago '04        #54
grydlok 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,440 | Props total: 4208 4208
 NAKHI ALLAH said

[pic - click to view]

THIS IS

OG Capt marvel

GOOGLE is your friend
That's Mar'vel
Monica did come before Carol .1982 don't fall for the constant re-edits going on because Carol wasn't even the 3rd Captain marvel.
+2   

3 months ago '05        #55
projectd06 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,075 | Props total: 11912 11912
 SimpinAintEz said
The broad is a die hard feminist and just announced that she’ll be using the movie to peddle her “activism”. What do you think she could possibly be pushing?

The promotion is already heavy handed with feminist innuendo...”HIGHER...FURTHER..FASTER...” she’s a “HER-O”. Prepare to be disappointed.
She can say all she wants, i dont see marvel/Disney catering to her feminism and changing the movie in any way, so if the movie pushes feminism thats because Disney wanted to push that sh*t for sales. I could be wrong but shes not really anyone special .

Now if she wants to take being a women superhero and use that, whatever, and honestly calling her a Her-o doesnt bother me, thats not really feminism its just advertising to women

3 months ago '05        #56
projectd06 2 heat pts
space
space
 PrinceDreSON said
She ACTIVELY took a role from a black woman. OG captain marvel is Monica Rambeau .... a BLACK woman.... movie gonna be trash. Wooden plank a*s face
False, original captain marvel was a dude, and hes now owned by DC and his name is Shazam. So really there are 2 captain marvel movies.

3 months ago '13        #57
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
$16,248 | Props total: 25672 25672
 projectd06 said
She can say all she wants, i dont see marvel/Disney catering to her feminism and changing the movie in any way, so if the movie pushes feminism thats because Disney wanted to push that sh*t for sales. I could be wrong but shes not really anyone special .

Now if she wants to take being a women superhero and use that, whatever, and honestly calling her a Her-o doesnt bother me, thats not really feminism its just advertising to women
She’s on the cover of Entertainment Weekly as Capt. Marvel with the title of “The Future is Female”.

Bruh, this film is getting the full “push”, from the industry and the actress. Is what it is.
+1   

3 months ago '05        #58
projectd06 2 heat pts
space
space
 SimpinAintEz said
She’s on the cover of Entertainment Weekly as Capt. Marvel with the title of “The Future is Female”.

Bruh, this film is getting the full “push”, from the industry and the actress. Is what it is.
Yea but is this actual feminism or are they just advertising to women? Im here for the movie, advertise how you want, just dont push that sh*t in the movie and im cool. We will find out tho, i just think they saw how black panther did after "connecting" with their target ausdience, and are trying recreate that, which wont happen.

Trust me I'll be the first one on here talking sh*t if its some big feminist movie.

Feminism to me is (parts, not all of) that galette commercial. Everything else seems like hot air to me.
+1   

3 months ago '16        #59
PrinceDreSON 
space
space
$670 | Props total: 2251 2251
 projectd06 said
False, original captain marvel was a dude, and hes now owned by DC and his name is Shazam. So really there are 2 captain marvel movies.
No my dude those are two different characters and always have been. They changed captain marvel in DC to Shazam to stop the confusion. Shazam is the wizard. But you are correct with the original captain marvel (Mar-vell) being a dude. The captain marvel I am referring to is 80s captain marvel. Which is the Monica Lambeau character. Also was the most successful and most popular run of the character. Carol Danvers has been rebooted and cancelled 8 times in the last 5 years. Needless to say..... she’s not the character comic book fans want to see

3 months ago '16        #60
PrinceDreSON 
space
space
$670 | Props total: 2251 2251
 NAKHI ALLAH said

[pic - click to view]

THIS IS

OG Capt marvel

GOOGLE is your friend

Not false information on my part.... just did not go throughly enough into my explanation.... What I said remains true. Google is indeed a friend but also an enemy when it becomes relied upon. Always nice to have useless information in the dusty Rolodex. Just doesn’t always come out as elegant as preferred

3 months ago '13        #61
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
$16,248 | Props total: 25672 25672
 projectd06 said
Yea but is this actual feminism or are they just advertising to women? Im here for the movie, advertise how you want, just dont push that sh*t in the movie and im cool. We will find out tho, i just think they saw how black panther did after "connecting" with their target ausdience, and are trying recreate that, which wont happen.

Trust me I'll be the first one on here talking sh*t if its some big feminist movie.

Feminism to me is (parts, not all of) that galette commercial. Everything else seems like hot air to me.
I’ll guess we’ll have to wait and see, but my gut is telling me it’s going to be a panderfest. Whether it be toward women or feminist (not much of a difference to me) it’s probably a no for me fam.
+1   

3 months ago '05        #62
projectd06 2 heat pts
space
space
 PrinceDreSON said
No my dude those are two different characters and always have been. They changed captain marvel in DC to Shazam to stop the confusion. Shazam is the wizard. But you are correct with the original captain marvel (Mar-vell) being a dude. The captain marvel I am referring to is 80s captain marvel. Which is the Monica Lambeau character. Also was the most successful and most popular run of the character. Carol Danvers has been rebooted and cancelled 8 times in the last 5 years. Needless to say..... she’s not the character comic book fans want to see
Props, i knew there were multiple MS.marvels over the years, but I only knew about as much as i said so appreciate the info. I'm down for either, but thats on the studio for hiring a white chick so i cant really knock her for wanting the role.

3 months ago '17        #63
LeG.O.A.T 121 heat pts121
space
space
$20,374 | Props total: 44898 44898
This sh*t gon bomb at the box office
+1   

3 months ago '17        #64
Almighty HA 
space
space
$1,051 | Props total: 4428 4428
 PrinceDreSON said
this here

no outrage though. if u know u know

2 months ago '04        #65
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
 grydlok said
That's Mar'vel
Monica did come before Carol .1982 don't fall for the constant re-edits going on because Carol wasn't even the 3rd Captain marvel.

Listen guys Carol Danvers came BEFORE Monica Lambaeu...

Carol Danvers is Ms Marvel who is the present Captain Marvel.
Now if you are saying the title as Captain Marvel then yes Monica bore that first, but Carol came before Monica

I know this not because of Google but because I actually read the comic itself

2 months ago '04        #66
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
Guys the Ms Marvel's are Carol Danvers and during the Dark Reign arc it was Moonstone.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #67
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
Karen Soren is her name(had to break out the "Siege" arc couldn't remember her name

2 months ago '04        #68
grydlok 42 heat pts42
space
space
 NAKHI ALLAH said
Listen guys Carol Danvers came BEFORE Monica Lambaeu...

Carol Danvers is Ms Marvel who is the present Captain Marvel.
Now if you are saying the title as Captain Marvel then yes Monica bore that first, but Carol came before Monica

I know this not because of Google but because I actually read the comic itself
I read the comics as Well and Captain Marvel was Monica

Ms. Marvel was Carol the 1st Ms Marvel
Re-branded to Captain Marvel
Monica became Photon
and much later Kamela became Ms. Marvel.

2 months ago '04        #69
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
Ok ok I'm seeing a lot of hate....
If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but let's be honest this movie isn't goin to flop, for a few reasons...
1. It's a seque into Endgame, so fans of the MCU goin regardless,.
2. Marvel goin hard after Wonder Woman did so good proof a female lead can win.
3. No caping but Brie gonna k*ll the role...
She not that bad of a actress, I would have rather have Emily Blount but, Brie ain't bad.,
4. I have all faith in Fiege, has not let me down yet... (Well Thor Dark World), but that's a whole nuther thread, and I don't blame him totally on that.

2 months ago '04        #70
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
 grydlok said
I read the comics as Well and Captain Marvel was Monica

Ms. Marvel was Carol the 1st Ms Marvel
Re-branded to Captain Marvel
Monica became Photon
and much later Kamela became Ms. Marvel.
True but like my post states Carol came before Monica, but Monica was 2nd Captain Marvel

2 months ago '04        #71
Dash 214 heat pts214
space
space
space
$13,581 | Props total: 37326 37326
First off, she wants to create a pipeline for women and people of color to join the various roles in the production of a film. “My next goal is to start a school to train people in various jobs [on set],” she says. “There are so many great jobs. You like the weird alien blasters? You could be the one who makes them. We need young people to carry on this tradition in moviemaking, and it would be so great if we had more diversity coming in through that.”

Regina King JUST said she wanted to do this same thing at the oscars but said ONLY women. FUkk yall got a problem with?

propz to ol girl for that...

2 months ago '04        #72
grydlok 42 heat pts42
space
space
 NAKHI ALLAH said
True but like my post states Carol came before Monica, but Monica was 2nd Captain Marvel
Dude stop moving the goal post, just stop.

It was Mar-Vell as the 1st than like 7 other people with the title of Captain Marvel before Carol.

Carol Danvers aka Ms. Marvel was too busy being apart of Rogue to even have her own comic book for damn near 10 years.

She didn't even get all the powers shown in the trailer until she became Binary .

2 months ago '17        #73
1Oh 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,531 | Props total: 18118 18118
 PrinceDreSON said
Not false information on my part.... just did not go throughly enough into my explanation.... What I said remains true. Google is indeed a friend but also an enemy when it becomes relied upon. Always nice to have useless information in the dusty Rolodex. Just doesn’t always come out as elegant as preferred
No matter how you spin it, Monica Rambaeu wasnt the 1st character named "Captain Marvel", even in the Marvel Universe. Mar-Vell was named "Captain Marvel" nearly a decade before Monica Rambaeu was created. Then Monica took the "Captain" name from Mar-Vell, then Carol Danvers (who's also an older character than Monica) took the name from Monica in 2012.

So a white woman stole the name from a black woman , who stole the name from a white man, who stole the name from another white man from another comicbook universe.

I dont have time to be angry about a clusterfu*k over a name. I like the name Spectrum more anyway.
+1   

2 months ago '18        #74
Blaffy 132 heat pts132
space
space
$9,360 | Props total: 31143 31143
 WasabiTuna said
I mean these woman led movies get money and good reviews basically off pure agenda, *wonder woman*, so Marvel might as well go all in with it.
 1Oh said
As long as its not heavy-handed & preachy, i don't care. I got nieces, so having good comicbook movies for them to identify with is cool.
This is why "Wonder Woman" was more exciting to everyone than this. This feels force and annoying, reaching for the same agenda. Wonder Woman it was about finally getting the movie everyone wanted
+1   

2 months ago '19        #75
Supreme Doom 
space
space
$544 | Props total: 629 629
 Doc Da Great said
The atmosphere round this movie been stagnant and strange as hell. Usually, I’m either on board with a casting choice, or eager to see the portrayal.

From the day she got cast,
[pic - click to view]

It ain’t on some she devil hate sh*t, or anything about her personally.
She looks and seems trash in this role
[pic - click to view]

Then this “activism”...makes me recoil even more. bi*ch, dis sh*t ain’t real, put on the outfit and live the fantasy. Nah, somehow intergalactic space alien translates to women’s rights? Somehow ? It’s whatever, I might just dead not even watch this sh*t.
[pic - click to view]

Yo... I hate to admit this. But u right.

Im a sucka for a good action flick to a degree. This oomen isnt telling any truth. Sje is NOT about women empowerment. That will come bak and bit her i know this.

But wow...even from the sidelines of all tjos gender appreciation. These women...i mean the lacking of acring skills women are showing us a play.

Notice how this will move the $$$$ discussion further. Cause while Marvel is banking. Down the line somebody is gonna ask why Disney proportion of wealthy people are 5Black people to every 50 wytActors.

Yall do know im a little deep maybe too far ahead. But im apways right. Not a clock strike twice right. But on every step Disney gives and takes lol.

They give us great stories with visuals n actions. But it is the blueprint. Let 10 wytactors get leads amd screen time. Then maneuver in a Black lead or distinct sidekick n rinse repeat.

I hope those dry, sloppy and apparentpy shyt action scenes are better than it seems.

The f*ght scene on the train is exactly like Wolverine Origins. The dude playing a Skrull is horrible for that role. The stiff acting is a result of casting Brie. She isnt about no women treatment. She about making money of sub par shyt.
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+20online now  44
Video inside Cardi B with the facts
83 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+92online now  37
Image(s) inside I don't usually beat off to chicks at work but... I can make an except..
79 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+80online now  32
Video inside In China women have to go through these to get into the club
118 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+38online now  19
50 cent finally speaks on Buck’s secret life