Microsoft Planning to Bring Xbox Live Support to Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '12        #1
2670 page views
228 comments

Pleasure Boy 1323 heat pts1323
space
space
$10,867 | Props total: 10808 10808
Microsoft Planning to Bring Xbox Live Support to Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android

Microsoft appears to be revealing plans at this years GDC to bring Xbox Live Support to more platforms, opening the gaming world even more.
According to the schedule for this years GDC (Game Developers Conference), Microsoft is planning to unveil Xbox Live Support for iOS, Android, and the Nintendo Switch in addition to Xbox and any game in the Microsoft Store. The segment, “Xbox Live: Growing & Engaging Your Gaming Community Across Platforms” will be presented by Microsoft, with Jeffrey Shi and Ramsey Khadder apparently headlining the talk.

Windows Central caught wind of this via a tip from Avers, and it seems that at the time of their reporting, the information they provide in their article was live. However, since checking the GDC website myself, it appears as if the ‘Takeaway’ and ‘Intended Audience’ sections have had the information removed.

However, what is available is that we can expect to “Get a first look at the SDK to enable game developers to connect players across platforms.”. Windows Central did grab the information that listed that “Xbox Live is one of the largest, most engaged gaming communities on the planet with decades of experience providing managed game services to developers that save you time and unlock all of the social and engagement features that players love.”

“Now Xbox Live is about to get MUCH bigger. Xbox Live is expanding from 400M gaming devices and a reach to over 68M active players to over 2B devices with the release of our new cross-platform XDK.”

We’ve recently learned of figures behind the Xbox Live monthly users, with said figure seeing up to 64 million monthly active users. An 8% growth over the previous year.

Currently, certain Microsoft titles, Minecraft for example, allows you to sign in on mobile devices and Nintendo Switch using an Xbox Live account. However, this event will see Xbox Live players being able to take their Xbox “gaming achievement history, their friends list, their clubs, and more with them to almost every screen.”

“This will break down barriers for developers that want their communities to mingle more freely across platforms. Combined with PlayFab gaming services, this means less work for game developers and more time to focus on making games fun.”
This seems to be hinting at the fact that you’ll be able to play cross-platform titles designed for mobile play and the Switch and earn Xbox achievements while playing them on another platform. Imagine playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds on an Android and earning an Xbox Achievement.

While Microsoft is bringing more gamers together, there’s no mention of Sony joining the plan (for obvious reasons, you’d a*sume). Despite Fortnite and Rocket League being given the green-light from Sony for cross-platform play, it seems they won’t take extra steps to get Xbox Live on their platform.

It’s unclear if this support will allow voice and text chat support using the Xbox Live chat systems, but we’ll learn more next month. We’ll have to keep you updated on this when the GDC event takes place from March 18 to March 22.

visit this link DS/
+9   

228 comments for "Microsoft Planning to Bring Xbox Live Support to Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android"

2 weeks ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,853 | Props total: 28791 28791
The beginning of the end.

Thank you Microsoft for making the original Xbox play N64 games the best of most any device. Other than that, your gaming division has been trash for almost 20 years. Your online service will greatly be appreciated on platforms that actually have fun games.

2 weeks ago '04        #3
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,806 | Props total: 149 149
^ wtf Microsoft has been putting out heat lately
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #4
SPdaGOAT 15 heat pts15
space
space
 ggfresh said
^ wtf Microsoft has been putting out heat lately
lmfao what heat?!
+8   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #5
justin747 41 heat pts41
space
space
$9,977 | Props total: 48510 48510
 SPdaGOAT said
The beginning of the end.

Thank you Microsoft for making the original Xbox play N64 games the best of most any device. Other than that, your gaming division has been trash for almost 20 years. Your online service will greatly be appreciated on platforms that actually have fun games.
Nah this is genius on Microsoft's part.

Apple's strategy from the very beginning has been inclusion. Get people locked into your ecosystem without a easy exit. The problem with Apple is their strategy also depends on their hardware. Everybody can't afford Apple's hardware so the install base is huge, but still limited.

Now imagine if EVERYBODY could use iMessage, iCloud, iTunes, and all the other Apple services. This is what Microsoft is doing by getting their product in as many hands as possible. The dev community will make the games that get people to stick around.
+11   

2 weeks ago '04        #6
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
lmfao what heat?!
"backwards compatibility" with upscaled graphics
"xbox play anywhere" buy once and play on both xbox and PC
"xbox game pass" a ton of games for 10$ a month
"xbox cross play" play with other consoles
+17   

2 weeks ago '17        #7
SPdaGOAT 15 heat pts15
space
space
 ggfresh said
"backwards compatibility" with upscaled graphics
"xbox play anywhere" buy once and play on both xbox and PC
"xbox game pass" a ton of games for 10$ a month
"xbox cross play" play with other consoles
Not one game was mentioned lol
+11   

2 weeks ago '04        #8
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Not one game was mentioned lol
Forza,
Crackdown
Sea of Thieves

All Sony games are the same old single player games. Where's Sony's multiplayer 1st party exclusives at?

2 weeks ago '17        #9
SPdaGOAT 15 heat pts15
space
space
 ggfresh said
Forza,
Crackdown
Sea of Thieves

All Sony games are the same old single player games. Where's Sony's multiplayer 1st party exclusives at?
Sea of Thieves sucks. Sony has Driveclub, which is the equivalent of Forza, Xbox only good exclusive. Then they have 1000s of exclusives past that. This really not a conversation.

2 weeks ago '17        #10
SPdaGOAT 15 heat pts15
space
space
 justin747 said
Nah this is genius on Microsoft's part.

Apple's strategy from the very beginning has been inclusion. Get people locked into your ecosystem without a easy exit. The problem with Apple is their strategy also depends on their hardware. Everybody can't afford Apple's hardware so the install base is huge, but still limited.

Now imagine if EVERYBODY could use iMessage, iCloud, iTunes, and all the other Apple services. This is what Microsoft is doing by getting their product in as many hands as possible. The dev community will make the games that get people to stick around.
Yea but this is the beginning of the end as far as them developing hardware goes

2 weeks ago '18        #11
Johnjohn5555 
space
space
space
$497 | Props total: 2429 2429
n*ggas still fanboy to this day if you don’t have both at this point you either broke or a you too young to have a job. foh with this f*g**t sh*t
+19   

2 weeks ago '04        #12
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Sea of Thieves sucks. Sony has Driveclub, which is the equivalent of Forza, Xbox only good exclusive. Then they have 1000s of exclusives past that. This really not a conversation.
"sucks" is objective to you I just said heat and people really enjoy playing these games.

Outside of "drive club" and "gt sport" PS4 lacks multiplayer exclusives and let's not forget the fact Xbox has tons of indie exclusives like Ashen.

I don't think games is the deciding fact. Sure Playstation has "more" games but is a person going to buy all of those games?
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #13
justin747 41 heat pts41
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Yea but this is the beginning of the end as far as them developing hardware goes
Nah not even close. Them expanding Xbox live has almost nothing to do with the hardware division just like Sony putting PS Now on TVs has nothing to do with the PS5
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #14
SPdaGOAT 15 heat pts15
space
space
 ggfresh said
"sucks" is objective to you I just said heat and people really enjoy playing these games.

Outside of "drive club" and "gt sport" PS4 lacks multiplayer exclusives and let's not forget the fact Xbox has tons of indie exclusives like Ashen.

I don't think games is the deciding fact. Sure Playstation has "more" games but is a person going to buy all of those games?
the word you’re looking for is subjective and that can be applied to what you said about Sony’s games.

And yea, looking at hardware sales, I think Sony’s exclusives have worked out just fine for them. Even if you only play 3 of them, thats more than the Xbox can offer. There are over 20 of them

2 weeks ago '17        #15
SPdaGOAT 15 heat pts15
space
space
 justin747 said
Nah not even close. Them expanding Xbox live has almost nothing to do with the hardware division just like Sony putting PS Now on TVs has nothing to do with the PS5
Good point. We’ll see what happens

2 weeks ago '04        #16
deziking 116 heat pts116
space
space
$22,177 | Props total: 10759 10759
Great thing is all xbox exclusives come on pc.

2 weeks ago '04        #17
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
the word you’re looking for is subjective and that can be applied to what you said about Sony’s games.

And yea, looking at hardware sales, I think Sony’s exclusives have worked out just fine for them. Even if you only play 3 of them, thats more than the Xbox can offer. There are over 20 of them
Incorrect you said 3 of them and I listed 4 exclusives. #justsaying.

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #18
justin747 41 heat pts41
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Good point. We’ll see what happens
I honestly give Microsoft props for what they're doing right now. I sh*t on them when they fu*k up so I have to give credit when they do something right.

I got a X1X for the low low low (less than $100) through work. Even though it has basically no 1st party games, it really is a great system. I get the vision they were going for, they just didn't do a good job and they forgot about games and prioritized sh*t that a lot of people don't care about.

I have a Surface Laptop through work and it's one of the best Laptops I've ever used.
+5   

2 weeks ago '06        #19
Kingme 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,390 | Props total: 11933 11933
 SPdaGOAT said

Can you name good multiplayer Sony exclusives?

2 weeks ago '17        #20
SPdaGOAT 15 heat pts15
space
space
 ggfresh said
Incorrect you said 3 of them and I listed 4 exclusives. #justsaying.
I only see 3 unless you’re counting Horizon and Motorsport.

And yea, all I gotta say is God Of War and Xbox is toast. Mind you, I dont even like the game as much as others but outside of Forza, there hasnt been an Xbox Exclusive that has come remotely close to being as fun. This is a game that barely cracks my personal top 5 for PS Exclusives.

Outside of Ori and Forza, xbox has been really sh*t this gen

2 weeks ago '17        #21
SPdaGOAT 15 heat pts15
space
space
 Kingme said
Driveclub and Last of Us. Can you name any for Xbox besides Forza?

2 weeks ago '05        #22
Scorpz 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,926 | Props total: 34721 34721
Good.. nintendo need an interface update..
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #23
justin747 41 heat pts41
space
space
 Kingme said
Everybody doesn't want multi-player games. That's what the multiplats are for.

Sony delivers cinematic games with memorable stories. I crave games like this way more than Call Of Duty #243.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #24
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Driveclub and Last of Us. Can you name any for Xbox besides Forza?
Yup Halo.

2 weeks ago '17        #25
SPdaGOAT 15 heat pts15
space
space
 justin747 said
I honestly give Microsoft props for what they're doing right now. I sh*t on them when they fu*k up so I have to give credit when they do something right.

I got a X1X for the low low low (less than $100) through work. Even though it has basically no 1st party games, it really is a great system. I get the vision they were going for, they just didn't do a good job and they forgot about games and prioritized sh*t that a lot of people don't care about.

I have a Surface Laptop through work and it's one of the best Laptops I've ever used.
The 1X is really a beast, but like you said, no games. I use all the other features way more. its such a shame that all that power went to waste
+2   

Home      

most viewed right now
+66online now  32
Image(s) inside thai beauty
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+170online now  26
Video inside Caught My bi-ch Cheatin'...
130 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  22
Image(s) inside CAPTAIN MARVEL "First Reactions"
142 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  4
Feb 19 - Sell Montana to Canada for $1 trillion to ease US national debt, peti..
147 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy