Use Phillips Hue lights while gaming

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '04        #1
2478 page views
25 comments

jholla31 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,037 | Props total: 1015 1015
Use Phillips Hue lights while gaming

Video below shows how to use Phillips Hue lights while gaming..can also be used for movies theoretically

this video was primarily used with the Xbox 1, but You can also use it with PC gaming... mainly for those who have a PC hooked up to a TV or room with Hue lights where the PC is.

Chill ps4 fanboi's no need to start ish right now

****downside**** if your using a 1X, you lose HDR...otherwise give it a shot..
+5   

25 comments for "Use Phillips Hue lights while gaming"

3 weeks ago '16        #2
Quinn 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,052 | Props total: 2853 2853
this is for Non-gamers, real gamers only care about whats on screen

3 weeks ago '07        #3
killacar 6 heat pts
space
space
$6,225 | Props total: 9554 9554
Waiting for them to introduce Hue Sync to consoles, otherwise it's a hassle, works fine on my PC tho and on the Nvidia Shield

3 weeks ago '06        #4
realgunta 882 heat pts882
space
space
$26,955 | Props total: 48661 48661
seems cool for things like an in store display, but i really dont want/need that sorta thing in my home

also while gaming, i fell like all those extra lights will make my eyes hurt and distract me
+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #5
Oswaldgatesjr 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$5,158 | Props total: 10714 10714
Famn ps4 cnt do sh*t lol

3 weeks ago '07        #6
killacar 6 heat pts
space
space
 realgunta said
seems cool for things like an in store display, but i really dont want/need that sorta thing in my home

also while gaming, i fell like all those extra lights will make my eyes hurt and distract me
It has different levels of intensity that u can set, it's really pretty cool when set right....maybe not with FPS games tho

Oswaldgatesjr said
Famn ps4 cnt do sh*t lol
PS4 can do the same thing he is using to get it working on Xbox 1.....he is literally streaming from his PC and playing the game on his Xbox....OP doesn't know what he is talking about saying PS4 can't do it.

There is ONE game on Xbox that actually supports this feature directly from the console. I have no idea why it isn't made a console side feature if that one game can pull it off on it's own.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #7
Oswaldgatesjr 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$5,158 | Props total: 10714 10714
 killacar said
It has different levels of intensity that u can set, it's really pretty cool when set right....maybe not with FPS games tho

PS4 can do the same thing he is using to get it working on Xbox 1.....he is literally streaming from his PC and playing the game on his Xbox....OP doesn't know what he is talking about saying PS4 can't do it.

There is ONE game on Xbox that actually supports this feature directly from the console. I have no idea why it isn't made a console side feature if that one game can pull it off on it's own.

Most ps4 games dnt support hdr so it cnt do it.

2 weeks ago '04        #8
jholla31 2 heat pts OP
space
space
$1,037 | Props total: 1015 1015
 killacar said

I never said PS4 cant do it... I only said the video shows PC and XBOX.....

Reading is fundamental........ of course you dudes come in here with that xbox vs ps4 stuff...
+3   

2 weeks ago '07        #9
killacar 6 heat pts
space
space
 Oswaldgatesjr said
Most ps4 games dnt support hdr so it cnt do it.
U don't need HDR to do it
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #10
HiRolliN 111 heat pts111
space
space
$21,556 | Props total: 3987 3987
fu*k all that sh*t. my pc has a RGB lighting on the inside and it was cool to look at for the first hour or so but after that it annoyed the fu*k out of me so i turned it off. i definitely would not want the wall behind my tv flashing colors.
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #11
TonyCartagena 
space
space
space
$7,120 | Props total: 29873 29873
L Box One Stans (Not You OP) Excited In This Thread About Some Lite Bright Shiet Behind There TV

[pic - click to view]

Holla At Me When Yall Get A Decent Game For That Box

2 weeks ago '17        #12
SPdaGOAT 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,853 | Props total: 28791 28791
How the hell is this about PS4 vs Xbox?

We get it, you guys cant afford a PC but still want the thrill of 4K gaming
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #13
arms 21 heat pts21
space
space
$1,363 | Props total: 6185 6185
I got some USB LED strips from Wish for $1.5/each. Plugged them into my PS4, they work great.
+1   

2 weeks ago '13        #14
Ta388 
space
space
$5,277 | Props total: 3614 3614
 Quinn said
this is for Non-gamers, real gamers only care about whats on screen
n*gga what?
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #15
Tooly Da Gawd 32 heat pts32
space
space
$5,333 | Props total: 4448 4448
 Ta388 said
n*gga what?
he meant to say this isn't for real gamers, real gamers play on PCs

the rest of yall dabbling with some toys

2 weeks ago '11        #16
Pervy Sage 
space
space
$602 | Props total: 161 161
This sh*t is dumb. I have Philips Hue lights (and lots of them) all around my setup and will never use them for this purpose.

Why the fu*k would you want all these flashing lights going off and distracting the sh*t out of you while you are playing something like a competitive shooter game? Makes no sense lol. Like someone said above, you are trying to focus on the game, not the lights.

Now for music, they are pretty cool. But otherwise I just have them set to bright solid white color behind my monitors as it reduces eye stress.

2 weeks ago '09        #17
Theodore Twombly 75 heat pts75
space
space
$8,510 | Props total: 16032 16032
Just get some bias lighting. 6500k. It really improves the picture of the tv in a dark room.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #18
gh3tto 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,921 | Props total: 2221 2221
 Pervy Sage said
This sh*t is dumb. I have Philips Hue lights (and lots of them) all around my setup and will never use them for this purpose.

Why the fu*k would you want all these flashing lights going off and distracting the sh*t out of you while you are playing something like a competitive shooter game? Makes no sense lol. Like someone said above, you are trying to focus on the game, not the lights.

Now for music, they are pretty cool. But otherwise I just have them set to bright solid white color behind my monitors as it reduces eye stress.
technology is dope but i dont get this. talking to a device just to turn on a light is not that convenient to me. it takes less effort to google something yourself than to ask alexa anything

2 weeks ago '07        #19
killacar 6 heat pts
space
space
 gh3tto said
technology is dope but i dont get this. talking to a device just to turn on a light is not that convenient to me. it takes less effort to google something yourself than to ask alexa anything

Convenience would be based on how far u are from the switch, the fact that u can turn off lights while being in a different room or away from home, or make it seem as if someone is in your home while u are on vacation by setting up a random routine thru the app. There are a good amount of uses besides just vocally turning on/off lights

Last edited by killacar; 02-04-2019 at 05:16 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #20
Blue Dream 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1039 1039
n*ggas with trash attention spans/lighting setups in here knocking it. Been using this since Sync announced it on PC, Shield, and XB1, the immersion is great if you arrange your setup right.

And it definitely adds a wow factor for women when they watch you play, they see that airstrike come in with the bass rumbling and lights accentuating the explosion and the jaws drop, ambiance is always a point.

2 weeks ago '13        #21
BluRevolver 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,189 | Props total: 6473 6473
what game was that at the begining?

2 weeks ago '07        #22
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,351 | Props total: 3065 3065
 Pervy Sage said

I have it set up in media room for movies which is actually pretty cool, gives off a nice atmosphere, idk about games though.

2 weeks ago '05        #23
projectd06 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,593 | Props total: 11146 11146
 Tooly Da Gawd said
he meant to say this isn't for real gamers, real gamers play on PCs

the rest of yall dabbling with some toys
PS4, fu*k yo PC

2 weeks ago '11        #24
Tooly Da Gawd 32 heat pts32
space
space
$5,333 | Props total: 4448 4448
 projectd06 said
PS4, fu*k yo PC
My PS4 collecting dust, might trade it in for a new mousepad

My fu*king keyboard got a higher resell value than a ps4 tho thats broke boy sh*t

2 weeks ago '09        #25
ii_show_off 79 heat pts79
space
space
$5,219 | Props total: 3402 3402

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

apparently you don't know sh*t..

Home      

most viewed right now
+169online now  34
Video inside Caught My bi-ch Cheatin'...
130 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+65online now  30
Image(s) inside thai beauty
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  23
Image(s) inside CAPTAIN MARVEL "First Reactions"
139 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  13
Feb 19 - Sell Montana to Canada for $1 trillion to ease US national debt, peti..
146 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy