AQUAMAN !! (My Review)

most viewed right now
+24  84
133 comments @misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 months ago '18        #51
Doc Da Great 327 heat pts327
space
space
$5,226 | Props total: 21181 21181
 SPdaGOAT said
ok so one scene makes or breaks a movie?
I can't post the whole movie.....

Well,

Not here anyway.
+2   

4 months ago '04        #52
Mike T 173 heat pts173
space
space
$16,702 | Props total: 30912 30912
 SATX said
Visually it looks good, if it had anyone but Momoa playing Aquaman I'd be all in. One of the worst actors in the biz.
Damn, called the n*gga Jason trash. I never heard of the n*gga until JL

4 months ago '04        #53
eddiefizzle 133 heat pts133
space
space
$3,084 | Props total: 876 876
 calle13 said

[pic - click to view]

So i just got out from watching Aquaman.. and MAN !!!.. This is it... DC Mafia.. I've Called this A Long Time a go and ima say it again.. Aquaman is legit THE BEST DCEU Movie up to date !!. Ignore the rotten tomato scores, seems like a lot of Marvel Fanboys went in there to trash it.. This movie has everything.. But It's not a perfect movie but it is great !!

[pic - click to view]

This film has to be one of the best performance i've ever seen Jason Momoa do in anything. The role feels natural.. Doesn't feel forced and very noticeable that he is comfortable playing as the character he's in. Amber Heard did a great job as Mera. Nicole Kidman did a fantastic job ! Def wouldn't had expect her to take a role like this (Yess she has action sequence as well and its dope as fu*k !) Everybody the entire cast was great from beginning to end.

[pic - click to view]

Although Orm is the main villain of the film, Black Manta was scripted in perfectly that goes along with the story. A character that first you say to yourself " Yeah aquaman, kick his a*s " but when certain events that leads into the rivalry goes down... You actually end up sympathizing with him and understand his motives and why he has this beef with Arthur (Aquaman). He doesn't feel random but a necessary touch to the film, although a part of me wishes i got to see more of him but another part of me is happy with what we was given from him due to the film setting up a rivalry that can expand for a long time which def has me pumped & excited for.

[pic - click to view]

Patrick Wilson character Orm was another great addition to the film. His performance as the villain was great. I kind of look at him as a Underwater version of Zod in some ways. That they have a vision and a good reason for it that actually makes sense.. Not just some " Lets take over the world because I now have the throne and its my birth right bull.. " sorry got side tracked a little forgot this isn't Black Panther...

Overall, this movie has it all.. Great CGI, great action sequences, Some funny moments (although i can admit that there are moments where the jokes don't land and can be slightly cringing). The film does feel a bit too long but as i keep thinking about the film i feel like everything that was in the film was needed ! Every scene of the film felt important to the story and to the character themselves.. This film really gave every single character from Decent to Large amount of character development.. So i can def stand by this film and say that by far this is the Best DCEU up to date in my honest opinion.. This is one film that Warner Bros, James Wan Crew Took their time and used every single penny in that budget to make this film.. The details itself proves that James Wan truly cares about the Aquaman story and KNOWS HIS sh*t !! Like literally James Wan must read Aquaman comics on his spare time because this film alone proves he did his homework... All in all this movie gets a solid 9/10

Pros
• Great Action Sequences (A lot)
• Good CGI
• Great Character Development
• Dope Villains (Orm / Black Manta)
• Great Pacing in story
• Extremely creative on how they go about certain scenes

CONS
• Worst soundtrack out of all DC Movies (especially that fu*king pitbull song)
• Movie feels really long at certain moments (not really a bad thing tho)

BONUS:
• Yes there is a mid-credit scene that opens up for a sequel
• This movie treats itself as its own thing, only Justice League / DCEU reference they make was Defeating Stephenwolf
• Aquaman's eye color changing from Zacks to This explained (somewhat)
• The Underwater CGI is the most Fantastic thing i've ever seen. Atlantis is purely amazing.
• HIGHLY SUGGEST you watch at IMAX 3D, this film feels like it was made for 3D.

I agree, except soundtrack I actually enjoyed as refreshing and broke the mold, a couple of tracks were actually genius on multiple levels of layered action. Especially trench f*ght.

4 months ago '04        #54
Wizzarino|M 
space
space
$15,840 | Props total: 4244 4244
This review was biased as fu*k, I was gonna see the movie anyway, but you sound mad corny with all the Marvel bashing...

+3   

4 months ago '14        #55
Cuttysark 17 heat pts17
space
space
$6,780 | Props total: 11932 11932
Movie was on point

Flames

4 months ago '17        #56
SPdaGOAT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$15,339 | Props total: 32525 32525
 Doc InFamous said
I can't post the whole movie.....

Well,

Not here anyway.
Come on Doc, you've been the toughest CBM critic on this board for years and this is the DC movie that tickles your fancy big dawg?
+1   

4 months ago '04        #57
KREW 28 heat pts28
space
space
$6,415 | Props total: 5694 5694
That battle sequence in the final act was some epic sh*t!
+3   

4 months ago '05        #58
rashcobar 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,627 | Props total: 5571 5571
 TheFreakyRobber said

man them Marvel-only stans are the worst lol they hating on the music

AQ was great from beginning to end

AQ was better than Wonder Woman to me but it's close
But Wonder Woman was just ok...it wasn’t a particularly good movie just not like the usual DC trash.

4 months ago '05        #59
rashcobar 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,627 | Props total: 5571 5571
I’ve only seen a bootleg so reserving judgement

4 months ago '18        #60
Doc Da Great 327 heat pts327
space
space
$5,226 | Props total: 21181 21181
 SPdaGOAT said
Come on Doc, you've been the toughest CBM critic on this board for years and this is the DC movie that tickles your fancy big dawg?

The truth is, the bar for DC is special ed status right now.

You wanna know why this movie is the best DC film of this crop. Because it not only goes full tilt and owns what it is. A very big, stupid, insane fu*king movie.

But they executed a balance of comedy and drama. Got memeorable grest performances,. Cinematography is dripping with gorgeousness. Inventive camerawork. A script that while a tad predictable if you’ve watched way too many movies. Hits all the right beats in terms of pacing to get you invested.

It did everything it was supposed to and FINISHED. (Unlike WW, which in its third act)

This doesn’t shove the “OH THIS ISSA DC FILM, LOOKA HOW DIFFERENT WE ARE FROM MARVEL” thing in your face.

From jump it’s like. Sit yo a*s down, take this popcorn. We trying to get lit, have fun, get you to care, engage you, and not forget these characters.

Zack Synder May know how to point a camera.

But James Wan knows how to direct a film.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Doc Da Great; 12-22-2018 at 07:26 AM..
+6   

4 months ago '05        #61
klew 229 heat pts229
space
space
$10,123 | Props total: 3200 3200
Movie was litter than lit

The third act really put the movie over the top. Those underwater scenes

Best comic book movie this year after Infinity War
+2   

4 months ago '07        #62
bluehefner96 119 heat pts119
space
space
$13,617 | Props total: 16620 16620
This sh*t was light.

4 months ago '04        #63
JFamis 245 heat pts245
space
space
$17,746 | Props total: 6285 6285
I gave it like a 6.75, but I’ll round it up to a 7

4 months ago '13        #64
Dilla Deaf 1 heat pts
space
space
$499 | Props total: 173 173
Went to an open-captioned showing of Aquaman during a matinee yesterday.

This feels like Thor : Ragarnok which is basically a great thing !

plus " I don't eat dog" is probably the best quote of the year....bruh bruh the set up, punchline and the delivery of that line ...I damn near fell out my chair at the theatre .

I glad they switch some things up in this origin story ...but glad they setting up for the sequel ....t

this should had been DECU first world building movie along with Wonder Woman (setting up the world mythology) ..and then lead into whatever Batman film and then MOS last before doing JL

that's just me tho. But I glad this version of Aquaman is badass...he has not got an fair shake over the years even though is arguably one of the strongest and commands damn near the entire ocean (aka as Oceanmaster) in the DC Earth ...

4 months ago '07        #65
calle13 465 heat pts465 OP
space
space
$6,152 | Props total: 11738 11738
 Doc InFamous said
The truth is, the bar for DC is special ed status right now.

You wanna know why this movie is the best DC film of this crop. Because it not only goes full tilt and owns what it is. A very big, stupid, insane fu*king movie.

But they executed a balance of comedy and drama. Got memeorable grest performances,. Cinematography is dripping with gorgeousness. Inventive camerawork. A script that while a tad predictable if you’ve watched way too many movies. Hits all the right beats in terms of pacing to get you invested.

It did everything it was supposed to and FINISHED. (Unlike WW, which in its third act)

This doesn’t shove the “OH THIS ISSA DC FILM, LOOKA HOW DIFFERENT WE ARE FROM MARVEL” thing in your face.

From jump it’s like. Sit yo a*s down, take this popcorn. We trying to get lit, have fun, get you to care, engage you, and not forget these characters.

Zack Synder May know how to point a camera.

But James Wan knows how to direct a film.

[pic - click to view]

Thank You, Thank You ! And That is why this film is A Epic Roller Coaster to have fun with !
+1   

4 months ago '07        #66
calle13 465 heat pts465 OP
space
space
$6,152 | Props total: 11738 11738
 Big War said
This review was biased as fu*k, I was gonna see the movie anyway, but you sound mad corny with all the Marvel bashing...

I enjoy Marvel Movies... But when people sit there and try to compare Marvel with DC movies, bugs the sh*t out of me.. I use Black Panther specifically as an example because that movie was weak to me, especially with that horrible CGI in the third act.
+3   

4 months ago '07        #67
joshdogg26 195 heat pts195
space
space
$35,886 | Props total: 16386 16386
movie was surprisingly good. every single line delivered by the black manta actor was cringe af, but otherwise few complaints. it felt a little long, but at the same time I don't think they really could have cut anything.
+1   

4 months ago '12        #68
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$10,751 | Props total: 5589 5589
 calle13 said
I use Black Panther specifically as an example because that movie was weak to me

[pic - click to view]

+2   

4 months ago '15        #69
Minkscobar! 77 heat pts77
space
space
$4,943 | Props total: 12359 12359
Movie was epic levels of trash.. It had nice action, very predictable story line.. Absolutely nothing special.

4 months ago '18        #70
Blaffy 132 heat pts132
space
space
$9,258 | Props total: 30972 30972

[spoiler - click to view]

4 months ago '05        #71
klew 229 heat pts229
space
space
$10,123 | Props total: 3200 3200
Better question is can he control the little mermaid

4 months ago '04        #72
Mike T 173 heat pts173
space
space
$16,702 | Props total: 30912 30912
 klew said
For what though?

4 months ago '18        #73
Blaffy 132 heat pts132
space
space
$9,258 | Props total: 30972 30972
 klew said
 Mike T said
For what though?

[video - click to view]

[spoiler - click to view]

4 months ago '14        #74
Batfirt 20 
space
space
space
$853 | Props total: 1113 1113
Movie was good.

4 months ago '04        #75
Wizzarino|M 
space
space
$15,840 | Props total: 4244 4244
 calle13 said
I enjoy Marvel Movies... But when people sit there and try to compare Marvel with DC movies, bugs the sh*t out of me.. I use Black Panther specifically as an example because that movie was weak to me, especially with that horrible CGI in the third act.
I'm saying tho, if you hate when people compare the 2 why did you do it? Your post would have been just as meaningful without the BP mention...

Home      

most viewed right now
+25online now  43
I just gotta smash raw, fam....
18 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+21online now  42
Video inside MozZY gives update on Mess MozZY Member status and Nipsey Hussle death.
28 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+36online now  31
Image(s) inside Tourist / Civilian Get SMACKED For Writing On Rolling 60s NIPSEY CRENS..
146 comments
18 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+55online now  28
Image(s) inside Apr 23 - Howard University Has Banned All D.C. Residents From Walking ..
132 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy