AQUAMAN !! (My Review)

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

5 months ago '07        #1
4322 page views
167 comments

calle13 468 heat pts468
space
space
$6,201 | Props total: 11913 11913
AQUAMAN !! (My Review)

So i just got out from watching Aquaman.. and MAN !!!.. This is it... DC Mafia.. I've Called this A Long Time a go and ima say it again.. Aquaman is legit THE BEST DCEU Movie up to date !!. Ignore the rotten tomato scores, seems like a lot of Marvel Fanboys went in there to trash it.. This movie has everything.. But It's not a perfect movie but it is great !!

This film has to be one of the best performance i've ever seen Jason Momoa do in anything. The role feels natural.. Doesn't feel forced and very noticeable that he is comfortable playing as the character he's in. Amber Heard did a great job as Mera. Nicole Kidman did a fantastic job ! Def wouldn't had expect her to take a role like this (Yess she has action sequence as well and its dope as fu*k !) Everybody the entire cast was great from beginning to end.

Although Orm is the main villain of the film, Black Manta was scripted in perfectly that goes along with the story. A character that first you say to yourself " Yeah aquaman, kick his a*s " but when certain events that leads into the rivalry goes down... You actually end up sympathizing with him and understand his motives and why he has this beef with Arthur (Aquaman). He doesn't feel random but a necessary touch to the film, although a part of me wishes i got to see more of him but another part of me is happy with what we was given from him due to the film setting up a rivalry that can expand for a long time which def has me pumped & excited for.

Patrick Wilson character Orm was another great addition to the film. His performance as the villain was great. I kind of look at him as a Underwater version of Zod in some ways. That they have a vision and a good reason for it that actually makes sense.. **(removes Marvel reference to not offend others)**

Overall, this movie has it all.. Great CGI, great action sequences, Some funny moments (although i can admit that there are moments where the jokes don't land and can be slightly cringing). The film does feel a bit too long but as i keep thinking about the film i feel like everything that was in the film was needed ! Every scene of the film felt important to the story and to the character themselves.. This film really gave every single character from Decent to Large amount of character development.. So i can def stand by this film and say that by far this is the Best DCEU up to date in my honest opinion.. This is one film that Warner Bros, James Wan Crew Took their time and used every single penny in that budget to make this film.. The details itself proves that James Wan truly cares about the Aquaman story and KNOWS HIS sh*t !! Like literally James Wan must read Aquaman comics on his spare time because this film alone proves he did his homework... All in all this movie gets a solid 9/10

Pros
• Great Action Sequences (A lot)
• Good CGI
• Great Character Development
• Dope Villains (Orm / Black Manta)
• Great Pacing in story
• Extremely creative on how they go about certain scenes

CONS
• Worst soundtrack out of all DC Movies (especially that fu*king pitbull song)
• Movie feels really long at certain moments (not really a bad thing tho)

BONUS:
• Yes there is a mid-credit scene that opens up for a sequel
• This movie treats itself as its own thing, only Justice League / DCEU reference they make was Defeating Stephenwolf
• Aquaman's eye color changing from Zacks to This explained (somewhat)
• The Underwater CGI is the most Fantastic thing i've ever seen. Atlantis is purely amazing.
• HIGHLY SUGGEST you watch at IMAX 3D, this film feels like it was made for 3D.

Last edited by calle13; 12-22-2018 at 06:40 PM..
+18   

167 comments for "AQUAMAN !! (My Review)"

5 months ago '06        #2
Jhnnyblz427 198 heat pts198
space
space
$41,664 | Props total: 32856 32856
Bookmarked for later.
+1   

5 months ago '04        #3
Mike T 175 heat pts175
space
space
$16,936 | Props total: 31881 31881
visually it's dope. James Wan should create a ttitle for that underwater experience. Because I know Disney wants to make a live action little mermaid

Other than that it's a cheesy movie Pitbull covering & the song Africa was a TERRIBLE lifestyle choice. But the check probably was nice
+6   

5 months ago '05        #4
HARBINGER 461 heat pts461
space
space
$53,687 | Props total: 13487 13487
 Mike T said
visually it's dope. James Wan should create a ttitle for that underwater experience. Because I know Disney wants to make a live action little mermaid

Other than that it's a cheesy movie Pitbull covering & the song Africa was a TERRIBLE lifestyle choice. But the check probably was nice
Better than MOS?
[pic - click to view]

Well see about that
+2   

5 months ago '04        #5
Mike T 175 heat pts175
space
space
$16,936 | Props total: 31881 31881
 HARBINGER said
Better than MOS?
[pic - click to view]

Well see about that
Naw MOS is still the best DCEU film. I know all superhero orgin sh*t is basically the same package thats whatever. All the comedy is corny
Black Manta is lit though. They need to make a Legion of Doom film
+4   

5 months ago '05        #6
Micheal C. Will 29 heat pts29
space
space
$31,565 | Props total: 29106 29106
MOS, BVS UE, Wonder Woman, then Aquaman by default. Because JL and SS were straight dumpster juice.

Aquaman had way too many force jokes and corny scenes to be the best DCEU film to date.

The visuals and f*ght sequences were on point though. But nah op, while it was a decent film.....Aquaman isn't the one.

5 months ago '17        #7
Coffee 48 heat pts48
space
space
space
$4,640 | Props total: 13277 13277
This shameful n*ggah here.

This movie has a superhero that has the vocabulary and catchphrases of a five year old.

.All in all this movie gets a solid 9/10

Shameful, hoe.

Eat this L, n*ggah.
+6   

5 months ago '07        #8
21 1742 heat pts1742
space
space
$65,748 | Props total: 78829 78829
movie was piff but too long.

best DC movie since MoS in my opinion.
+2   

5 months ago '07        #9
calle13 468 heat pts468 OP
space
space
@ MOS is most def still one of my top favorites ! That aint ever going change.. But this film had everything i wanted in a Aquaman movie. Yeah majority of the jokes weren't really that funny but i looked passed that cuz sh*t.. Marvel does the same.. Especially with Guardians that they're jokes don't land for me at all lol. & oh god that Pitbull song was fu*king GARBAGE !!! Did i not mention the music choice were bad ? lol
@ That's a tough one.. Cuz MOS is still one of my favs as well.

@ Lmao Take what L ? Movie is doing great ! Movie was great. Ain't no shame. If you had seen the movie you'll know that the movie is At least at the very Least " Good ". Just in my perspective i felt that it was great ! I had fun and enjoyed it all the way. You must be one of them " I barely enjoy any type of movies " guy.
+1   

5 months ago '06        #10
Michael 785 heat pts785
space
space
$89,210 | Props total: 23899 23899
Black Manta/soundtrack were the weakest parts of the film imo but other than that it was great.

Last edited by Michael; 12-21-2018 at 09:33 AM..
+2   

5 months ago '11        #11
CALViiiN 757 heat pts757
space
space
$20,541 | Props total: 45138 45138
Bro. Patrick Wilson’s Orm was on some Michael Shannon General F*cking Zod sh*t.

Edit: you pretty much said that

Movie was legit af. I want to go see it again.
I gotta see this sh*t in IMAX. this movie had everything in it and it was executed pretty good. except for the stupid one liners and corny jokes that every one likes. thanks to marvel

Movie is more popular than Spider-Man and Bumblebee.

And all I gotta say is
but but but but nobody wanna see dis!!

Last edited by CALViiiN; 12-21-2018 at 09:39 AM..
+4   

5 months ago '07        #12
space
space
 CALViiiN said
Bro. Patrick Wilson’s Orm was on some Michael Shannon General F*cking Zod sh*t.

Edit: you pretty much said that

Movie was legit af. I want to go see it again.
I gotta see this sh*t in IMAX. this movie had everything in it and it was executed pretty good. except for the stupid one liners and corny jokes that every one likes. thanks to marvel

Movie is more popular than Spider-Man and Bumblebee.

And all I gotta say is
but but but but nobody wanna see dis!!

lmaoo Facts !! It's typically marvel d*ck-riders that are hating on this movie. Literally this film was made with a lot of love and IS a fu*king game changer.. Like it's been said in this post already, James Wan should give this Underwater Action a name because there is NO movie out there that pulled off such great underwater action sequences like this film.. This is literally the first of it's kind ! And people need to stop comparing it to Thor / Black Panther etc because its nothing like that AT ALL !! Every character had a specific motive for a purpose that's reasonable..

Orm: Is tired of the humans destroying the sea (which is actually something based on true events), i love that they explore on how humans are constantly polluting the ocean with garbage etc...

Black Manta: Yeah he's a pirate, never a good guy but begged Arthur to save his dads life
[spoiler - click to view]

Mera: Loves Atlantis but truly see's that it is in the wrong hands for the wrong purpose and knows that Orm wants to start a war that can be resolved in other ways. (Leads back to Orm having a good reason once again).

Arthur (Aquaman): Just wants to live life and finally being able to meet his mother. Loves his dad, willing to help people but is now caught up in the mix of the situation of atlantis
[spoiler - click to view]

the list goes on ! These characters we're extremely well written and given a purpose that serves the story right. Yeah the soundtrack was weak, but the action sequences we're amazing !! The character development between Arthur & Mera felt real. And my god when Arthur gets that Original Classic Aquaman suit.. The pure glory !! Man and that ending when he jumps out of the water and does that pose.. The entire theater erupted into cheers. Literally out of all DC movies i've gone to watch in theater (believe me i've watched all in premiere nights) This is the most active i've seen audience enjoying every single moment.. sh*t even when Mera & Aquaman finally kissed the entire theater cheered lol.
+3   

5 months ago '17        #13
Coffee 48 heat pts48
space
space
space
This garbage a*s movie here.

a Solid 9/10

I'm having an awful day but, shameless tasteless-hoe that you are, you're always good for a laugh.

5 months ago '11        #14
CALViiiN 757 heat pts757
space
space
 Coffee said
This garbage a*s movie here.
a Solid 9/10
I'm having an awful day but, shameless tasteless-hoe that you are, you're always good for a laugh.

Why are you even here?

Don’t you got a strugglebrand to make? Hope your awful day gets worse.

5 months ago '17        #15
Coffee 48 heat pts48
space
space
space
 CALViiiN said

Why are you even here?

Don’t you got a strugglebrand to make? Hope your awful day gets worse.

I've been peeping you DC beanie hat wearers running amok just cause you got the co-sign from China, it's about time to put y'all in check.

9/10 for this sh*tty movie?

Y'all outcha mind.

And my day will get worse, I'm sure of it.

5 months ago '11        #16
CALViiiN 757 heat pts757
space
space
 Coffee said
I've been peeping you DC beanie hat wearers running amok just cause you got the co-sign from China, it's about time to put y'all in check.
9/10 for this sh*tty movie?
Y'all outcha mind.
And my day will get worse, I'm sure of it.
Don’t need no co-sign from anyone

Top 10 most propped recently  5 months ago '18        #17
Doc Da Great 433 heat pts433
space
space
$6,923 | Props total: 28033 28033
@ issa 8.

4k release is gone be fu*king fuego tho.

5 months ago '07        #18
space
space
 Doc InFamous said
@ issa 8.

4k release is gone be fu*king fuego tho.
FACTS !!!

5 months ago '11        #19
DJ EM Double 34 heat pts34
space
space
$7,310 | Props total: 4737 4737
going this weekend with the fam
+2   

5 months ago '14        #20
Hoodsta1e11 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,998 | Props total: 3395 3395
Cant believe these reviews, are DC stans that hard up for a win that they'll take anything?? Aquaman was mediocre the whole movie felt like something seen before, not in the essence of another superhero film but felt like something already seen, like I was watching a rerun, couldn't figure out what it was that gave me this sense, till I got home flipping through channels and seen this

[video - click to view]

its basically the same movie tweak somethings take somethings from the other 2 Thor movies and Avengers and you have Aquaman
+2   

5 months ago '15        #21
Majestoso 31 heat pts31
space
space
$8,174 | Props total: 2046 2046
 calle13 said

[pic - click to view]

So i just got out from watching Aquaman.. and MAN !!!.. This is it... DC Mafia.. I've Called this A Long Time a go and ima say it again.. Aquaman is legit THE BEST DCEU Movie up to date !!. Ignore the rotten tomato scores, seems like a lot of Marvel Fanboys went in there to trash it.. This movie has everything.. But It's not a perfect movie but it is great !!

[pic - click to view]

This film has to be one of the best performance i've ever seen Jason Momoa do in anything. The role feels natural.. Doesn't feel forced and very noticeable that he is comfortable playing as the character he's in. Amber Heard did a great job as Mera. Nicole Kidman did a fantastic job ! Def wouldn't had expect her to take a role like this (Yess she has action sequence as well and its dope as fu*k !) Everybody the entire cast was great from beginning to end.

[pic - click to view]

Although Orm is the main villain of the film, Black Manta was scripted in perfectly that goes along with the story. A character that first you say to yourself " Yeah aquaman, kick his a*s " but when certain events that leads into the rivalry goes down... You actually end up sympathizing with him and understand his motives and why he has this beef with Arthur (Aquaman). He doesn't feel random but a necessary touch to the film, although a part of me wishes i got to see more of him but another part of me is happy with what we was given from him due to the film setting up a rivalry that can expand for a long time which def has me pumped & excited for.

[pic - click to view]

Patrick Wilson character Orm was another great addition to the film. His performance as the villain was great. I kind of look at him as a Underwater version of Zod in some ways. That they have a vision and a good reason for it that actually makes sense.. Not just some " Lets take over the world because I now have the throne and its my birth right bull.. " sorry got side tracked a little forgot this isn't Black Panther...

Overall, this movie has it all.. Great CGI, great action sequences, Some funny moments (although i can admit that there are moments where the jokes don't land and can be slightly cringing). The film does feel a bit too long but as i keep thinking about the film i feel like everything that was in the film was needed ! Every scene of the film felt important to the story and to the character themselves.. This film really gave every single character from Decent to Large amount of character development.. So i can def stand by this film and say that by far this is the Best DCEU up to date in my honest opinion.. This is one film that Warner Bros, James Wan Crew Took their time and used every single penny in that budget to make this film.. The details itself proves that James Wan truly cares about the Aquaman story and KNOWS HIS sh*t !! Like literally James Wan must read Aquaman comics on his spare time because this film alone proves he did his homework... All in all this movie gets a solid 9/10

Pros
• Great Action Sequences (A lot)
• Good CGI
• Great Character Development
• Dope Villains (Orm / Black Manta)
• Great Pacing in story
• Extremely creative on how they go about certain scenes

CONS
• Worst soundtrack out of all DC Movies (especially that fu*king pitbull song)
• Movie feels really long at certain moments (not really a bad thing tho)

BONUS:
• Yes there is a mid-credit scene that opens up for a sequel
• This movie treats itself as its own thing, only Justice League / DCEU reference they make was Defeating Stephenwolf
• Aquaman's eye color changing from Zacks to This explained (somewhat)
• The Underwater CGI is the most Fantastic thing i've ever seen. Atlantis is purely amazing.
• HIGHLY SUGGEST you watch at IMAX 3D, this film feels like it was made for 3D.

Great review "Mah Man"

Yes i agree that this is DCEU's best movie probably but not my fav. I think Man Of Steel is still my fav for multiple reasons but mainly because its not a movie that Marvel could ever do.

Aquaman is fu*king great and i just cant wait to watch it again.
+1   

5 months ago '15        #22
Majestoso 31 heat pts31
space
space
$8,174 | Props total: 2046 2046
On the soundtrack, i loved Ocean Master´s soundtrack, i have been looking for hahahaha

5 months ago '12        #23
OldBusiness 179 heat pts179
space
space
$29,620 | Props total: 51893 51893
Calling it the best DC film ain't saying much.

I honestly forgot it was dropping this week, ima watch a decent cam this weekend when someone uploads one. Not paying for DC anything

5 months ago '17        #24
Smallville 
space
space
space
$416 | Props total: 432 432
By far the worst and most boring dc movie I’ll watch green latern over it I may be biased because I don’t really care about aqua man character but it’s really not a good movie

Top 10 most propped recently  5 months ago '18        #25
Doc Da Great 433 heat pts433
space
space
$6,923 | Props total: 28033 28033
 calle13 said
FACTS !!!
Also, Patrick Wilson was on one with his performance.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

He was full tilt, invested. His whole prescene was ill to me, he nailed that sh*t.

(Imma sucker for Shakespearean-esque villains too )

The cinematography was fu*king hot too.

Last edited by Doc Da Great; 12-21-2018 at 01:03 PM..
+4   

Home      

most viewed right now
-50online now  31
Image(s) inside Queen Roast Good Brotha For Being Ugly On Date And Thanks Him For The..
130 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-61online now  31
Image(s) inside A YELP For IG Thot TO LEAVE DICK REVIEWS Is GOING VIRAL, So MANS MADE ..
113 comments
23 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+57online now  31
90s Sitcom “Martin” Makes its Way to the Air Max 98
27 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  24
Image(s) inside What would you do with 200k cash?
76 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy