Dec 10 - Teacher Fired For Refusing To Call Female Student by Preferred Pronouns

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

5 months ago '17        #1
4493 page views
194 comments

thegreygoose11 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,123 | Props total: 2091 2091
Dec 10 - Teacher Fired For Refusing To Call Female Student by Preferred Pronouns

High School Teacher Fired For Refusing To Call Female Student by Preferred Male Pronouns

Last Thursday, a Virginia High School teacher was fired for not using the preferred gender pronouns of a female student who believed she was a male.

Peter Vlaming, a French teacher at West Point High School, was brought before the West Point School Board to address his "misgendering" of a student who “transitioned” over the 2018 summer.

As Richmond Times-Dispatch reported, Vlaming taught the student in the 2017-2018 school year when she still identified as a female. After she transitioned, he agreed to call the student by a male name but didn’t want to address her using male pronouns, explaining this violated his Christian beliefs.

When the student claimed this made her feel "uncomfortable" and "singled out," school administrators told Vlaming that "he could not treat his transgender pupil differently than he treats others," according to Richmond Times-Dispatch.

“That discrimination then leads to creating a hostile learning environment. And the student had expressed that. The parent had expressed that,” said West Point schools Superintendent Laura Abel. “They felt disrespected.”

This led the administrators to call for the firing of Vlaming, claiming he violated the school system’s nondiscrimination and harassment policies.

The board meeting consisted mostly of parents and students who supported Vlaming, describing him as a "model teacher."

“If there’s no policy in place, how can they just let him go?” said Jennifer Haynes, a 52-year-old West Point High parent.

In Vlaming’s defense of himself, he said he loves and respects all his students and desired to reach a solution based on "mutual tolerance" but that it was rejected. He went on to explain he was at risk of losing his job for holding views that are held by “most of the world for most of human history.”

But Vlaming had been facing pushback from school administrators for a few weeks and couldn’t withstand their onslaught. The four-hour board meeting ended with a unanimous decision to fire the teacher.

“I can’t think of a worse way to treat a child than what was happening,” said West Point High Principal Jonathan Hochman, who says he told Vlaming to use male pronouns when referring to the female student.

The school board issued a press release explaining their reason for letting Vlaming go:

The French teacher, who had been teaching at the school for nearly 7 years, expressed his concern for the way the school board handled this situation.

“That is not tolerance,” Vlaming said. “That is coercion.”

He went on to say, “I am being punished for what I haven’t said.”

visit this link https://www.mrctv.org/blo .. ferred-pronoun

this agenda gonna have next generation all be w
[spoiler - click to view]

+13   

194 comments for "Dec 10 - Teacher Fired For Refusing To Call Female Student by Preferred Pronouns"

5 months ago '10        #2
Bandito 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$8,397 | Props total: 19815 19815
You want to be an as*hole, be prepared to face the consequences.

5 months ago '06        #3
Skateboard T 52 heat pts52
space
space
$25,813 | Props total: 41234 41234
“Christian beliefs”

Ha.

It’s discrimination and animosity on the basis of s*x, plain and simple.

5 months ago '14        #4
Ivorypillars 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,695 | Props total: 21015 21015
When keeping it obtuse goes wrong

Now he can go apply to be a teacher at a private christian high school
+32   

5 months ago '10        #5
Bandito 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
 Ivorypillars said
When keeping it obtuse goes wrong

Now he can go apply to be a teacher at a private christian high school
Exactly. He wanted to be all extra and get a reaction. He got one.
+5   

5 months ago '10        #6
Trilluminati GA 435 heat pts435
space
space
$51,879 | Props total: 17856 17856
Salute the teacher
+77   

5 months ago '18        #7
BlackBanga 2 heat pts
space
space
$885 | Props total: 3711 3711
This world is crazy. Not everybody is trying to play make believe you mfs on both sides.

Last edited by BlackBanga; 12-10-2018 at 01:52 PM..
+50   

5 months ago '17        #8
thegreygoose11 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
 Skateboard T said
“Christian beliefs”

Ha.

It’s discrimination and animosity on the basis of s*x, plain and simple.
It’s also discrimination and animosity on the religion....right?

BUT for fun, lets just talk about your point....that students s*x is in fact female...so by your own argument the teacher was right

just bc that student FEELS like a male does not make her a male...
+35   

5 months ago '06        #9
philly337 27 heat pts27
space
space
$33,159 | Props total: 20304 20304
This sh*t is fu*kin stupid. Also. What is the girls legal name? If the girl's legal name is whatever the teacher was calling her that's that. You can just come and ask ti be called what you want. Yea teach...call me daddy... that's what I want to be called

Chicks a female. Just because you feel a certain doesnt change that "fact"
+37   

5 months ago '06        #10
space
space
 thegreygoose11 said
It’s also discrimination and animosity on the religion....right?

BUT for fun, lets just talk about your point....that students s*x is in fact female...so by your own argument the teacher was right

just bc that student FEELS like a male does not make her a male...
I knew you’d fall for it.

The free exercise clause can not be a pretext for animosity based discrimination. I’d need an actual showing that calling a person by their preferred s*x is a sin and against the Christian religion. Just because somebody says it is doesn’t make it so. Because there is no way to make a bona fide showing, it’s not discrimination based on religion.

Discrimination based on s*x includes discrimination based on s*xual stereotypes, SCOTUS has held and affirmed many times that discriminating against an individual because they don’t conform to stereotypes that you a*sociate with their binary gender IS discrimination on the basis of s*x. Because nothing could be a more obvious departure from a gender stereotype than identifying as the opposite s*x, transgender individuals are discriminated against based on a s*xual stereotype theory when they are discriminated against for identifying as the opposite gender.

Please read the Court’s decision in Price-Waterhouse v Cooper and it’s progeny if you have questions. Thank you.
+10   

5 months ago '09        #11
messy marv stan 5291 heat pts5291
space
space
$72,196 | Props total: 119943 119943
these "its" need their own section far awat from normal people

fu*k the "it" mafia
+23   

5 months ago '17        #12
space
space
 Skateboard T said
transgender individuals are discriminated against based on a s*xual stereotype theory when they are discriminated against for identifying as the opposite gender.
TIL basic biology is stereotype theory...

thanks!

Last edited by thegreygoose11; 12-10-2018 at 01:12 PM..

5 months ago '04        #13
grydlok 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,585 | Props total: 4485 4485
wow, in King William county at that.

5 months ago '14        #14
Ivorypillars 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,695 | Props total: 21015 21015
The public does not need to be footing the bill for discrimination lawsuits that entitled a*s teachers like this cause

As a grown man I would expect the teacher to understand the compromises and tact required as an employee, let alone a public employee working with children

Talking about "my christian beliefs"

You work at a PUBLIC highschool, youre supposed to keep that sh*t to yourself

This is just a bored, entitled old man making a pseudointellectual stand against "PC" culture, probably wishes he could still drop indescriminate N-bombs too

Last edited by Ivorypillars; 12-10-2018 at 12:49 PM..

5 months ago '04        #15
ItAlY2BkLyN 241 heat pts241
space
space
$25,730 | Props total: 18099 18099
the fu*k he have to use pronouns for? why doesn't he just call her by her/his name?
+19   

5 months ago '06        #16
space
space
 thegreygoose11 said
TIL basic biology is stereotype theory...

thanks!
Happy to help

5 months ago '04        #17
1000bluntz 
space
space
$19,972 | Props total: 21946 21946
Seriously, fu*k these "people" and anybody who support them. I don't give a fu*k what you say, you're supporting mental fu*king illness and doing nothing to help make it better. These people need serious psychiatric care, not people coddling the fu*k out of them like they're not abnormal as fu*k. I'm so fu*king sick of these goddamn "things" and their supporters, k*ll yourselves and do us all a favor.
+28   

5 months ago '04        #18
jaynat603 
space
space
$814 | Props total: 1445 1445
How is it discrimination if you don't know who "You" are and still trying to figure out "your" life while in high school? just asking
+6   

5 months ago '04        #19
jaynat603 
space
space
$814 | Props total: 1445 1445
fu*k all that noise. If her mama named her Clay, imma call her Clay
+24   

5 months ago '15        #20
Holdino 317 heat pts317
space
space
$8,146 | Props total: 14615 14615
I'm looking for a 3rd girlfriend fu*k this thread
+2   

5 months ago '17        #21
space
space
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
the fu*k he have to use pronouns for? why doesn't he just call her by her/his name?
After she transitioned, he agreed to call the student by a male name but didn’t want to address her using male pronouns
he did EXACTLY what u recommended...they strongarmed his a*s bc THEY wanted to make it political not the teacher...
+4   

5 months ago '04        #22
ItAlY2BkLyN 241 heat pts241
space
space
$25,730 | Props total: 18099 18099
 thegreygoose11 said
he did EXACTLY what u recommended...they strongarmed his a*s bc THEY wanted to make it political not the teacher...
I agree. I'm just wondering why the sh*t came up. Couldn't teach have said cool Nancy....athanile lol probably could get away without saying he/she all together if he wanted to.

5 months ago '17        #23
R Shackleford 
space
space
$1,640 | Props total: 5513 5513
After she transitioned, he agreed to call the student by a male name but didn’t want to address her using male pronouns, explaining this violated his Christian beliefs.

When the student claimed this made her feel "uncomfortable" and "singled out," school administrators told Vlaming that "he could not treat his transgender pupil differently than he treats others," according to Richmond Times-Dispatch.

This teacher is all over the place

That violate my belief sh*t cracks me up, as if saying him, or her, is going to undo Christianity itself

Like he's gonna get turned down at heavens gates cause be didn't stand on this
+9   

5 months ago '14        #24
Swade009 80 heat pts80
space
space
space
$10,491 | Props total: 8101 8101
 Bandito said
You want to be an as*hole, be prepared to face the consequences.
Technically the person who transformed is the a*s for forcing everybody to call her a different name and s*x.
+6   

5 months ago '10        #25
Bandito 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
For y'all still stuck on this, you need to find something new to get offended over. This is not going away. It will only progress. The battle is over. Discriminating against gays didn't work. Discriminating against people of color didn't work. It didn't work for any other group that has been discriminated against in the past.

Before anyone says don't compare this to the civil rights movement. I'm just saying how it is. In the future, the people f*ghting against trannys will be looked at like the segregationist of the past.

I don't even know how some of y'all get so caught up in this. No gay person ever stopped me from getting pus*y. I never had a bad day because someone wanted to be a tranny. People be creating unnecessary stress in their lives.
+19   

Home      

most viewed right now
-50online now  31
Image(s) inside Queen Roast Good Brotha For Being Ugly On Date And Thanks Him For The..
130 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-61online now  31
Image(s) inside A YELP For IG Thot TO LEAVE DICK REVIEWS Is GOING VIRAL, So MANS MADE ..
113 comments
23 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+57online now  31
90s Sitcom “Martin” Makes its Way to the Air Max 98
27 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  24
Image(s) inside What would you do with 200k cash?
76 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy