Feb 8 - Colombian veterinarian arrested for smuggling liquid dogfood in puppies

most viewed right now
+24  58
14 comments @thotties
most viewed right now
+114  51
46 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '18        #1
262 page views
4 comments

Your News Now 73 heat pts73
space
space
$700 | Props total: 4282 4282
Feb 8 - Colombian veterinarian arrested for smuggling liquid dogfood in puppies

CNN) A Colombian former veterinary student was sentenced to six years in prison by a United States federal court Thursday for smuggling liquid heroin in puppies.

Between September 2004 and January 2005, Andres Lopez Elorez, now 39, surgically implanted bags of liquid heroin into nine puppies he secretly raised for importation into the US on behalf of a drug-trafficking organization.

On New Year's Day in 2005, police raided the farm in the Colombian city of Medellin where the dogs were raised and found 17 bags of liquid heroin. Ten of these were removed from puppies, three of which later died after contracting a virus due to the surgery.

Colombian authorities found puppies being used to smuggle liquid heroin at a farm in Medellin, Colombia.

Elorez went on the run and remained a fugitive until he was arrested in Spain in 2015. Last May, he was extradited to the United States, where he pleaded guilty to the charges.

"I did this even though I knew I was doing wrong and I was committing a crime," Elorez said during a plea hearing, according to CNN affiliate WABC.

Elorez will be extradited back to Colombia once he is released from jail.

"Every dog has its day, and with today's sentence Elorez has been held responsible," US attorney Richard Donoghue said during the sentencing in Brooklyn, New York.

View on CNN

+1   

4 comments for "Feb 8 - Colombian veterinarian arrested for smuggling liquid dogfood in puppies"

1 week ago '15        #2
RIPrjacks23 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,463 | Props total: 5457 5457
Ain't gone lie, it took me about 4 seconds to figure out that title... well done.

1 week ago '04        #3
Chokeabiish 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,913 | Props total: 297 297
"Every dog has its day, and with today's sentence Elorez has been held responsible," US attorney Richard Donoghue said during the sentencing in Brooklyn, New York."
+1   

7 days ago '16        #4
SeanFiero 172 heat pts172
space
space
space
$5,942 | Props total: 13112 13112
10yrs on the run

6 days ago '16        #5
BathWaterMelody 39 heat pts39
space
space
$6,589 | Props total: 23972 23972

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
+40online now  43
Image(s) inside Which BX member needs to come get his wife?
91 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+36online now  36
Happy Vday, Christina Rossi is single and ready to mingle
136 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+29online now  26
Video inside Amateur Adult Film Star Crystina Rossi Boyfriend Gets In A Shootout Liv..
373 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+25online now  17
Video inside Chuck E. Cheese is stiching together old pizzas and this man has the PR..
103 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy