Feb 8 - Colombian veterinarian arrested for smuggling liquid dogfood in puppies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 months ago '18        #1
305 page views
4 comments

Mr Cards 90 heat pts90
space
space
space
$909 | Props total: 5212 5212
Feb 8 - Colombian veterinarian arrested for smuggling liquid dogfood in puppies

CNN) A Colombian former veterinary student was sentenced to six years in prison by a United States federal court Thursday for smuggling liquid heroin in puppies.

Between September 2004 and January 2005, Andres Lopez Elorez, now 39, surgically implanted bags of liquid heroin into nine puppies he secretly raised for importation into the US on behalf of a drug-trafficking organization.

On New Year's Day in 2005, police raided the farm in the Colombian city of Medellin where the dogs were raised and found 17 bags of liquid heroin. Ten of these were removed from puppies, three of which later died after contracting a virus due to the surgery.

Colombian authorities found puppies being used to smuggle liquid heroin at a farm in Medellin, Colombia.

Elorez went on the run and remained a fugitive until he was arrested in Spain in 2015. Last May, he was extradited to the United States, where he pleaded guilty to the charges.

"I did this even though I knew I was doing wrong and I was committing a crime," Elorez said during a plea hearing, according to CNN affiliate WABC.

Elorez will be extradited back to Colombia once he is released from jail.

"Every dog has its day, and with today's sentence Elorez has been held responsible," US attorney Richard Donoghue said during the sentencing in Brooklyn, New York.

View on CNN

+1   

4 comments for "Feb 8 - Colombian veterinarian arrested for smuggling liquid dogfood in puppies"

2 months ago '15        #2
RIPrjacks23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,696 | Props total: 6258 6258
Ain't gone lie, it took me about 4 seconds to figure out that title... well done.

2 months ago '04        #3
Chokeabiish 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,006 | Props total: 592 592
"Every dog has its day, and with today's sentence Elorez has been held responsible," US attorney Richard Donoghue said during the sentencing in Brooklyn, New York."
+1   

2 months ago '16        #4
SeanFiero 172 heat pts172
space
space
space
$6,062 | Props total: 13344 13344
10yrs on the run

2 months ago '16        #5
BathWaterMelody 44 heat pts44
space
space