Feb 8 - Study finds 9/10 BX Members suffer from mental condition: Online Inhibition Effect

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '04        #1
423 page views
10 comments

Exs 327 heat pts327
space
space
$10,829 | Props total: 22151 22151
Feb 8 - Study finds 9/10 BX Members suffer from mental condition: Online Inhibition Effect

We all know them. They're the new wave on social media and have been on Boxden for years.

In 2018 we were able to identify a large population of the online community and on BX as INCELS and explained their behavior and online personalities are formed by their constant rejection from the opposite s*x and inadequacies as men.

Now. We have another classification of many individuals we encounter daily here and on other social platforms online.

Online disinhibition is the lack of restraint one feels when communicating online in comparison to communicating in-person. Possible influencing factors toward online disinhibition include anonymity, invisibility, asynchronous communication, empathy deficit, in addition to individual factors like personality and culture background.

The manifestations of such effect could be in both positive and negative directions. Thus online disinhibition could be classified as benign disinhibition or toxic disinhibition

Anonymity, asynchronous communication, and empathy deficit contribute to online disinhibition.[2] Anonymity can make a person feel safe online, like a different person, one might even take on a new persona. It can also make one feel like doing or saying anything is possible because one will most likely not be reprimanded in real life.[1] Asynchronous communication is communication that is not happening live and it can take time for the original message to receive a response.[8] Asynchronous communication affects online disinhibition because one can send a message out into the internet and not get an immediate reply, and log out. Therefore, one doesn't have to think about what is said. On the other hand, this also gives one time to give a more thoughtful response. Empathy deficit is the reduction of being able to identify with others' emotions.[9] There is an empathy deficit because of lack of non-verbal feedback.Through mediated communication it is hard to know what tone and facial expressions accompany the message. So, it makes it harder to empathize with others. Both anonymity and empathy deficit make it harder to perceive others online as people with feelings because of the lack of facial interaction.

Source: Me and visit this link https://en.wikipedia.org/ .. ibition_effect
+6   

10 comments for "Feb 8 - Study finds 9/10 BX Members suffer from mental condition: Online Inhibition Effect"

2 weeks ago '18        #2
bird call 3 heat pts
space
space
$818 | Props total: 1707 1707
Used to look at yahoo articles and read the comments years back. Stopped reading those comments with the quickness. Sure it’s even worse now

And now on this sports app the score theres a comment section but the college b-ball games are on delayed updates and people really enjoy score trolling on that.

Online trolling hasn’t hit its peak yet. Eventually people will join in or fade offline.

We in the mist of a new mental illness forming.
+5   

2 weeks ago '07        #3
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,262 | Props total: 2894 2894
These threads never do well on bx lol and probably because the shoe fits for a lot internet trolls.
+8   

2 weeks ago '04        #4
Exs 327 heat pts327 OP
space
space
 A-L-P said
These threads never do well on bx lol and probably because the shoe fits for a lot internet trolls.
Too true.

2 weeks ago '13        #5
North!!! 436 heat pts436
space
space
$59,560 | Props total: 49085 49085
It’s wild online ppl try to cap and be something they not

Know they can’t like what they see in the mirror
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #6
Boxedin101 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$1,323 | Props total: 4018 4018
I talk to ppl online the same way I do in person

Short
Sweet
Straight to the point

I will never understand how or why ppl write
5 paragraphs on any subjective matter and ppl actually read it
If I chose another social media platform, it be Twitter for that reason
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #7
Tree Top 114 heat pts114
space
space
$1,344 | Props total: 3653 3653
Whole bunch of those fu*k boys running around here
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #8
Exs 327 heat pts327 OP
space
space
 Boxedin101 said
I talk to ppl online the same way I do in person

Short
Sweet
Straight to the point

I will never understand how or why ppl write
5 paragraphs on any subjective matter and ppl actually read it
If I chose another social media platform, it be Twitter for that reason
Some of us are just wordier in real life and if th3 topic or discussion is interesting it kinda helps if its verbose

2 weeks ago '18        #9
Boxedin101 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$1,323 | Props total: 4018 4018
 Exs said
Some of us are just wordier in real life and if th3 topic or discussion is interesting it kinda helps if its verbose
That's real but verbose also means too many words

2 weeks ago '17        #10
LeG.O.A.T 114 heat pts114
space
space
$18,098 | Props total: 40640 40640
Its like that Kierris kid or Baggio when you see what they look like all you can do is shake your head.

2 weeks ago '07        #11
Damagegadget 493 heat pts493
space
space
$39,168 | Props total: 24746 24746
every youtube comment in a nutshell

Home      

most viewed right now
+170online now  17
Video inside Caught My bi-ch Cheatin'...
130 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+67online now  17
Image(s) inside thai beauty
45 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  9
Feb 19 - Sell Montana to Canada for $1 trillion to ease US national debt, peti..
147 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  3
Image(s) inside CAPTAIN MARVEL "First Reactions"
143 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy