Feb 14 - Student Loan borrowers are now refusing to repay it back...

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
129 comments @movies

section  x5   |  2 bx goons and 3 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

2 days ago '07        #26
MPC_Pase 
space
space
space
Props total: 2277 2 K  Slaps total: 209 209
The thing is educational lending is predatory... Think about it, there is no other scenario where what are essentially kids can borrow 10's of thousands of dollars without any credit, income, collateral or indication of a means for repayment.

An 18 year old couldn't get 10k for a car loan without a job but you can go out and borrow 100,000 without any indication that there is any understanding of the long term implications of doing so. And the Financial Aid offices in these schools push these loans... Here just fill out this fafsa and sign this promissory note.

In no other arena is this a reality.

I
+31   

2 days ago '19        #27
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 12486 12 K  Slaps total: 3290 3 K
 OldBusiness said
No.

People regardless of race, color, creed, or political party have been protesting the idea of credit since its inception. So what would make this group any different, 10 years from now, than the tons of people who already do that?

As far as the topic goes I paid my loans off, but if these n*ggas can pull off a hat trick then more power to them. sh*t if their actions save me 50k on my kids education then fu*k it
My credit score is good.
I dont bebop around town in a car whose loan payments put me in the red.

I paid off my college loans instead of splurging on vacations to Europe.

Non-college-loan paying back fools are fools.

+1   

2 days ago '16        #28
Strong Side Iso 
space
space
Props total: 16654 16 K  Slaps total: 2794 2 K
Whatever you do....

Don't end up like THIS fat fu*k.

Last edited by Strong Side Iso; 02-14-2020 at 12:22 PM..
+2   

2 days ago '17        #29
Officialjm3 
space
space
space
Props total: 5878 5 K  Slaps total: 916 916
Canít wait for a privileged kid to reply
+5   

2 days ago '13        #30
NoYouWantFindMe 
space
space
space
Props total: 607 607  Slaps total: 145 145
While I'm in the same boat with over 100k in student loan debt, to stop paying them is essentially committing financial suicide. So I will keep paying, try to pay more than the minimum, and hope one day I will be done with the debt.....

Or move to Thailand, find a way to make a living and stop repaying.

+10   

2 days ago '05        #31
P DRILLA 
space
space
Props total: 16278 16 K  Slaps total: 551 551
I need my money back that I been paying over the years...kiss my a*s Navient

+8   

2 days ago '17        #32
LIL SOULJA  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 2047 2 K  Slaps total: 564 564
 DadeCounty said
fu*k college. find a trade, get certified. More money and less debt
Not true with the expensive part, but currently Taking electrician classes and only spending around 8-9k out my pocket for a 9month course ... should get my employment card in April and could start applying for electrician spots right after that ... sh*t was definitely worth it imo.
+11   

2 days ago '15        #33
Brewklyner 
space
space
Props total: 10407 10 K  Slaps total: 3552 3 K
Life is a big scam
+16   

2 days ago '07        #34
JamcnPrettyboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 16122 16 K  Slaps total: 2898 2 K
Well those kids must plan on living with their parents for life or parents cool enough to put everything in their name.
+2   

2 days ago '19        #35
DUMAR777 
space
space
space
Props total: 983 983  Slaps total: 169 169
 unit321 said
All those folks are going to find that a lower credit score is going to suck balls x 100. Bad credit prevents getting things. If they don't pay their loan payments on a timely basis, the creditors can lower their credit score.
Yup ...they don't want that life ...

I remember those days of having bad credit ...

I was getting credit card offers with interest rates at like 36%

Getting denied residency at decent places to live.....

Getting denied loans to help consolidate the debt

Car salesmen trying to finesse the fukk outta me cause they looked at me like I wasn't shyt cause I had a low credit score ..

things changed now ...

Got my credit right and paid off my school loan with a few tax refunds I got

Now I'm making better financial Decisions

Hell I won't even deal with a woman if she got mad credit

I'd rather have an STD than a low FICO score

2 days ago '19        #36
space
space
 SouthsideNori said
... blessings my n*gga.
You have a blessed day too.
+1   

2 days ago '10        #37
DannyDoubleBags 
space
space
Props total: 1004 1 K  Slaps total: 73 73
 OldBusiness said
No.

People regardless of race, color, creed, or political party have been protesting the idea of credit since its inception. So what would make this group any different, 10 years from now, than the tons of people who already do that?

As far as the topic goes I paid my loans off, but if these n*ggas can pull off a hat trick then more power to them. sh*t if their actions save me 50k on my kids education then fu*k it
This is the same mentality I have. Like Iím slightly salty if they achieve their goals cause I wouldnít have benefited from this for my debt. But I got three kids and am not looking forward to that college bill when it comes.
+3   

2 days ago '19        #38
space
space
 DUMAR777 said
I'd rather have an STD than a low FICO score
Your e-harmony profile.

+5   

2 days ago '04        #39
ddash 
space
space
Props total: 13466 13 K  Slaps total: 948 948
 Strong Side Iso said
Whatever you do....

Don't end up like THIS fat fu*k.

chick in blue coat is smiley worthy lol
+6   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 days ago '20        #40
ClapBackJack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 1423 1 K  Slaps total: 610 610
I still don't understand how nikkaz making less than 200k can afford children. I really don't
+12   

2 days ago '14        #41
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 6634 6 K  Slaps total: 2705 2 K
So you borrow money and you don’t want to pay it back. Son, people are just irresponsible.
+6   

2 days ago '12        #42
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 88036 88 K  Slaps total: 6335 6 K
 unit321 said
My credit score is good.
I dont bebop around town in a car whose loan payments put me in the red.

I paid off my college loans instead of splurging on vacations to Europe.

Non-college-loan paying back fools are fools.

Sin said
These people are f*ghting something they voluntarily signed up for

Not oppression they were born into
I think you two are missing my point

I don't care about what they're protesting about, I don't care what anyone is protesting about. The fact is they have a right to protest if they're American

Its just hilarious to me how people who protest get different looks from society.

Like a bunch of 50 year olds with rifles and riot gear on storming a government/administration building where old women are filing papers is considered a perfect protest and yall huff and puff your chests out in excitement over that sh*t

But a bunch of fat nerds who can't afford Sallie Mae are a threat that you all have to type all strong about

Peaceful protesting is the most American thing a person can do. To deny someones right to protest, to alter it, to obstruct it, or to hinder it in anyway is un-American
+9   

2 days ago '19        #43
space
space
 OldBusiness said
I think you two are missing my point

I don't care about what they're protesting about, I don't care what anyone is protesting about. The fact is they have a right to protest if they're American

Its just hilarious to me how people who protest get different looks from society.

Like a bunch of 50 year olds with rifles and riot gear on storming a government/administration building where old women are filing papers is considered a perfect protest and yall huff and puff your chests out in excitement over that sh*t

But a bunch of fat nerds who can't afford Sallie Mae are a threat that you all have to type all strong about

Peaceful protesting is the most American thing a person can do. To deny someones right to protest, to alter it, to obstruct it, or to hinder it in anyway is un-American
Oh, never said it was wrong to protest. But not paying as a form of protest is going to come back and bite them on their butt real hard.
+2   

2 days ago '12        #44
OldBusiness 
space
space
 DannyDoubleBags said
This is the same mentality I have. Like Iím slightly salty if they achieve their goals cause I wouldnít have benefited from this for my debt. But I got three kids and am not looking forward to that college bill when it comes.
Exactly.

Plus we as a people have to stop having the mentality of "If I went through it, then everyone after me has to go through it!"

Thats the kicking the can down the road mentality.

Rather than fix some fu*ked up sh*t most people advocate for ensuring the generations that come after them have it just as hard or harder.

Shouldn't we want better for our younger siblings, kids, grandkids, and so on?
+3   

2 days ago '10        #45
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 22890 22 K  Slaps total: 3517 3 K
 Sin said
10 years from now theyíll be protesting credit scores are unfair
Thatís exactly whatís going to happen.

There is a movement thatís becoming more and more accepted in society where people donít have to be accountable. I can decide I want to go to college to be a lawyer and I know itís going to cost x amount of dollars. But once I get there and graduate, now I want to be able to take this degree and go make money but not be responsible for paying it back.

Or I wanted to go to college to paint and now I owe money for that time I wasted.

+5   

2 days ago '12        #46
OldBusiness 
space
space
 unit321 said
Oh, never said it was wrong to protest. But not paying as a form of protest is going to come back and bite them on their butt real hard.
For every action is a reaction.
+1   

2 days ago '16        #47
Brucebaner2 
space
space
space
Props total: 5792 5 K  Slaps total: 2245 2 K
 unit321 said
All those folks are going to find that a lower credit score is going to suck balls x 100. Bad credit prevents getting things. If they don't pay their loan payments on a timely basis, the creditors can lower their credit score.
Not really true, if the masses follwed this approach creditors would look at it like it did short sales a few years ago. Like it was unfortunate but it has nothing to do with today. You will pay more interest but not more than 120,000k and in 7 years that sh*t is wiped clean anyway. Wait. I wonder if your debt is ever sold or is it something that looms over your credit history forever?????

BTW, credit is just a way for people to spend money they dont have. My take is if you dont have the cash you dont need it now. The outliers to this is no money down or take over my loan type of stuff. I personally hate credit.
+3   

2 days ago '08        #48
Kewop Decam 
space
space
space
Props total: 20779 20 K  Slaps total: 1877 1 K
 unit321 said
I've always went back and forth on this...

What is a good credit score with no money?

A bad credit score with more money just means I can't get a loan for certain things, high interest rates nor big credit cards.

I mean... the later doesn't seem that bad if the end goal is to have actual money.
+7   

2 days ago '08        #49
Kewop Decam 
space
space
space
Props total: 20779 20 K  Slaps total: 1877 1 K
 Brucebaner2 said
Not really true, if the masses follwed this approach creditors would look at it like it did short sales a few years ago. Like it was unfortunate but it has nothing to do with today. You will pay more interest but not more than 120,000k and in 7 years that sh*t is wiped clean anyway. Wait. I wonder if your debt is ever sold or is it something that looms over your credit history forever?????

BTW, credit is just a way for people to spend money they dont have. My take is if you dont have the cash you dont need it now. The outliers to this is no money down or take over my loan type of stuff. I personally hate credit.
You can't wipe all school loans with the 7 year thing. If you could, everyone would do it.
+2   

2 days ago '05        #50
pnoi89 
space
space
Props total: 12970 12 K  Slaps total: 1474 1 K
 DadeCounty said
fu*k college. find a trade, get certified. More money and less debt
fu*k a trade. I like being in a comfy office and instead of getting my hands dirty. I'll leave that to the laborers.
+2   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+111online now  40
Image(s) inside Saving $10k
159 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+34online now  36