Today I learned about the Cambodian Killing Fields

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+16  117
105 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

1 week ago '16        #51
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 16039 16 K  Slaps total: 1339 1 K
 Blackout75 said
Not every comment requires a complete explanation of every single thing leading up to something that happened. I acknowledged the US played a role in it, but you leaving out everyone else's role is the definition of "lacking any historical framework".

And most of the comments were saying Pol Pot was a piece of sh*t, that doesn't require any context, it's 100% fact

Source? Because the source you provided even says "Direct US complicity in the coup remains unproven, but as William Blum amply documents in his book k*lling Hope, there is enough evidence to warrant the possibility". Note they say the possibility. I'm not gonna say I know 100% they weren't involved (but you just know, don't you?), but even if they supported the idea, Lon Nol was the one who did the deed, and he was supported by the Cambodian people tired of the Vietnamese walking on them.

Again, from your source "A neutralist, Sihanouk’s primary objective was to maintain the integrity of Cambodia — a task that proved enormously difficult, as American, Chinese, and Vietnamese interests, as well as various left- and right-wing factions within Cambodia, were all pulling Sihanouk in different directions. Attempting a delicate balancing act, he played groups off one another, working with one group one day and opposing it the next."

And "Four years later, a peasant uprising known as the Samlaut Rebellion broke out in the countryside over a new policy that forced peasants to sell their rice to the government at below-black-market rates. To ensure compliance, the military was stationed in the local communities to purchase (or simply take) the rice from the farmers.

With their livelihoods suffering, peasants launched an uprising, k*lling two soldiers. As the rebellion quickly spread to other areas of Cambodia, Pol Pot and the KR capitalized on the unrest, gaining peasant support for their fledgling insurgency. By 1968, KR leaders were directing ambushes and attacks on military outposts."

Sihanouk made himself plenty of enemies on his own.

They were already allied, the US offensive in 1970 against the Vietnamese in Cambodia didn't drive them together. And the Vietnamese were happy to do it because of the Cambodians that k*lled a bunch of Vietnamese nationals.

"But after the coup, Sihanouk allied himself with Pol Pot and the KR against those who had overthrown him, and Vietnamese communists offered their full support to the KR in their f*ght against the US-backed government."

China and the USSR were backing the Vietnamese that crossed into Cambodia's sovereign country. In fact, the coup that ended Sihanouk's rule happened while he was off to ask China and the USSR to call off their Vietnamese allies. Why do you keep ignoring their role in all of this?

Nothing went over my head. I see exactly how you're happy to blame capitalism for all of these problems and say something that it "require the oppression and exploitation of the 3rd world", but you'll avoid speaking on China and the USSR, both who only thrived by doing exactly the same thing.

See, I'm willing to admit that mistakes were made, and that the US did play a part to an extent, but I doubt you can do the same thing. You keep ignoring everything else to point all the blame at the US, and you said specifically that the US gave birth to Pol Pot, again, ignoring everything else.
It kinda did go over you head seeing as I said no one has clean hands in my original post, also said U. S. destabilization of the region have birth, if you're gonna quote use the whole thing. Lon Nol and the pro US Khmer Republic overthrew Sihanouk. Never avoided discussing China and USSR discussed proxy wars figured you were bright enough to know who I was referring to, so yea.

My war with the CIA: The memoirs of Prince Norodom Sihanouk

P. S.
You still haven't acknowledged my original point which is that capitalism is predicated upon the West oppressing the 3rd world.

Last edited by Proveone; 02-13-2020 at 10:25 PM..

1 week ago '17        #52
Wavie Crockett 
space
space
Props total: 4947 4 K  Slaps total: 4698 4 K
What about the White man's genocide against the Black man across the globe?

1 week ago '08        #53
litdes 
space
space
space
Props total: 3681 3 K  Slaps total: 295 295
Pol pot was a very evil guy
+3   

1 week ago '19        #54
blackadamwarloc 
space
space
space
Props total: 446 446  Slaps total: 98 98
 Hamburgers said
I’m gonna reply to all your dumbasses at once.

Y’all taking my comment out of context, especially that original n*gga that quoted me. You’re comparing the Cambodian k*lling Fields that resulted in a genocide of 25% of the population.

When has America done anything CLOSE to that to its own people?

You ignorant fake woke a*s n*ggas make me laugh. You don’t know sh*t about world history. Do your homework before you come talk to me.

Y’all ole hippie a*s... ole I just want world peace talking about America is this big bully going to war k*lls civilians. No fu*king sh*t. It’s war, there will be casualties. The amount of civilian casualties is still nothing compared to this ONE incident that k*lled 1.5-2 million of their OWN people.

Y’all trying to poke holes to my argument but my argument went back to the first n*gga who tried to compare this to America bombing the Middle East. You ignorant a*s n*ggas...

When the fu*k did I say America didn’t k*ll its own people or build this country off the slavery? Of course this country did dirt. But it’s NOTHING compared to the injustices other countries were built on or have suffered.

You love playing the victim card. Are you a slave? Was your father a slave? Nah? Aight, then we off that. We past slavery.

Shut your dumbasses up, you dont know what you’re talking about and are way out of your element here.
This is all very interesting. I’m sorry my opinion makes you emotional lol. Your initial statement was that America is “the greatest” and that we “have the most freedom” which is all simply not true.

America is not great (IMO) because it bombed innocent people. This country actually has bombed its own citizens as well, Tulsa race riots say hello.

We also don’t “have the most freedom” there’s plenty of First world countries doing a lot better than us. We don’t even give our citizens healthcare

you say n*gga a lot for somebody that’s definitely white but I’m realizing BX is actually for people who just pretend they’re Black. What Ill never understand is why pretend you’re black when you actually hate black people
+1   

1 week ago '15        #55
redcodeinesyrup 
space
space
Props total: 5082 5 K  Slaps total: 2774 2 K
my girl is cambodian and my son is black/cambodian

yall late

1 week ago '19        #56
blackadamwarloc 
space
space
space
 Hamburgers said
I’m gonna reply to all your dumbasses at once.

Y’all taking my comment out of context, especially that original n*gga that quoted me. You’re comparing the Cambodian k*lling Fields that resulted in a genocide of 25% of the population.

When has America done anything CLOSE to that to its own people?

You ignorant fake woke a*s n*ggas make me laugh. You don’t know sh*t about world history. Do your homework before you come talk to me.

Y’all ole hippie a*s... ole I just want world peace talking about America is this big bully going to war k*lls civilians. No fu*king sh*t. It’s war, there will be casualties. The amount of civilian casualties is still nothing compared to this ONE incident that k*lled 1.5-2 million of their OWN people.

Y’all trying to poke holes to my argument but my argument went back to the first n*gga who tried to compare this to America bombing the Middle East. You ignorant a*s n*ggas...

When the fu*k did I say America didn’t k*ll its own people or build this country off the slavery? Of course this country did dirt. But it’s NOTHING compared to the injustices other countries were built on or have suffered.

You love playing the victim card. Are you a slave? Was your father a slave? Nah? Aight, then we off that. We past slavery.

Shut your dumbasses up, you dont know what you’re talking about and are way out of your element here.
you really a big bi*ch too lol. “We past slavery” so... Sharecropping and Jim Crow didn’t happen? Last “recorded” instance of a lynching happened back in like the 70s... saltines like you really wish you could just throw the white sheets back on and start abducting people again.

“This N-igger has opinion that doesn’t agree with mine??Boys it’s about that time”
+2   

1 week ago '15        #57
DamianDragunov 
space
space
Props total: 38550 38 K  Slaps total: 5711 5 K

Always respect those who keep learning. Who cares “who knew it first!!!” Hope more learn about sht like this. Then maybe they would stop the “woe is me” amd “the sky is falling” people like to portray these days. Everybody got it pretty fukin good these days.

1 week ago '19        #58
space
space
space
Props total: 3457 3 K  Slaps total: 2688 2 K
fu*k all this karma history lesson talk... How spooky is that kid in the pic all by himself in a graveyard fiilled with human skeletons?

1 week ago '16        #59
Thadudesoofresh 
space
space
space
Props total: 154 154  Slaps total: 31 31
 dsaint said
LOL, I'm not even getting into this. You've loaded up the question, throwing in quantifiers like balancing the scales etc that are going to automatically disqualify anything I say. It's irrelevant, because all this is in the past. It's happened.

If you choose to believe in karma, that's great. That's fine. I live in the world of scientific inquiry. And I believe things like karma are explained away using Hitchens' Razor:

That which can be a*serted without proof, can be dismissed without proof.

Hey brotha I'd actually enjoy having a conversation about all things science, life. You also seem quite informed. As much as we possibly can. Have you ever seen the clip of Joe rogan and Neil degrasse Tyson where he is getting annoyed with rogan because he is asking for exact. Where's he's explaining gravity and rogan just keeps asking but why and how. That is exactly what kid is doing and that's why you cannot win because you can't weigh and quantify the exact "karma" or punishment he will receive in the next life, lifetimes. What an idiot!

1 week ago '16        #60
Thadudesoofresh 
space
space
space
Props total: 154 154  Slaps total: 31 31
Don't worry y'all. Crowley taking care of that down there hourly..

1 week ago '20        #61
Habeas Corpus 
space
space
Props total: 653 653  Slaps total: 20 20
 Still Numskull said
My friends mom lived in Cambodia then. One night she told me all about what she went through and getting out.. watched her mom n dad , brother and some other family members get k*lled but they'd let her and her sister live for some reason. She even watched her dad, brother and uncle dig their grave.. fu*ked up sh*t.

1 week ago '09        #62
Hamburgers 
space
space
Props total: 3608 3 K  Slaps total: 4887 4 K
 blackadamwarloc said
This is all very interesting. I’m sorry my opinion makes you emotional lol. Your initial statement was that America is “the greatest” and that we “have the most freedom” which is all simply not true.

America is not great (IMO) because it bombed innocent people. This country actually has bombed its own citizens as well, Tulsa race riots say hello.

We also don’t “have the most freedom” there’s plenty of First world countries doing a lot better than us. We don’t even give our citizens healthcare

you say n*gga a lot for somebody that’s definitely white but I’m realizing BX is actually for people who just pretend they’re Black. What Ill never understand is why pretend you’re black when you actually hate black people
You are a really good debater.

Says there are plenty of first world countries doing a lot better than us, followed up by zero examples.

Please name these glorious countries you speak of. Since clearly you've done your homework.

You talk about America being racist, but I hate to burst your bubble, America is one of the LEAST racist countries in the world. If you don't believe me, move to Asia. See how them asians treat you and how they look at you.

Move to India, see how people in India look at you over there. Most other countries in the world are full of people who mostly belong to the same race. America is the most diverse country in the world, so of course it's going to create racial tension.

You're mixing oil with water.

Most other countries is made up of mostly the same ingredients.

Now, you say other countries have it sooo much better. Like who? Russia? You know how them Russians would treat your black a*s if you stepped foot into their country?

Now are there countries that are less racist than America? Of course.

Why don't you move to Norway or Australia or Canada? I'm sure these countries are so much better than America.

There's levels to this sh*t adam. You ain't on it.

You just on that pseudo woke sh*t, trying to kick knowledge. But you're always playing the victim card, enslaving your own mind.

You laugh off "we past slavery." but it's the same concept that Hov was trying to put onto idiots.

Okay, slavery happened. Injustices happened against blacks. Now what?

Are we going to dwell on it and allow it to hold us down?

You think Jayz sits there thinking aw man, slavery is holding me back. I can't move forward with my life and become successful because slavery and racism is destroying my livelihood?

Nah, you a slave to your own mind.

Last edited by Hamburgers; 02-14-2020 at 12:40 AM..

1 week ago '09        #63
Hamburgers 
space
space
Props total: 3608 3 K  Slaps total: 4887 4 K
 Still Numskull said
My friends mom lived in Cambodia then. One night she told me all about what she went through and getting out.. watched her mom n dad , brother and some other family members get k*lled but they'd let her and her sister live for some reason. She even watched her dad, brother and uncle dig their grave.. fu*ked up sh*t.
@

this is real struggle. this is real pain.

n*gga talks about slavery and lynching like he been through it.

you ain't seen nothing and you ain't been through sh*t. just read your comic books and live your happy life instead of complaining about how AmeriKKKa and "the man" is holding you down.
+1   

1 week ago '08        #64
BRonin357 
space
space
Props total: 3415 3 K  Slaps total: 387 387
 Qbert said
That's the thing you don't get about karma. The worst are not supposed to get theirs in plain sight. When someone receives karma means they now understand the consequences or they felt reality snap back at them. The earlier you get it the more blessed you are because you have time to recover and change.

The less time you're given is the worst. Eternal damnation is not even being given a chance to change your ways at any point. Why do you think they say that sh*t is an eternal contempt.

See when you look at it with in no belief you skew it, there is no expiration on energy. Because you didn't see him pay in this lifetime to you means he won't.

Sitting around waiting to see mfs pay in this lifetime is prison in itself, you have to accept there is just some sh*t you will not be akin to or ever see. But that's what faith is believing in wisdom and intellect that you may never come to comprehend.

And it's the beginning of learning.
This would presuppose that there is an afterlife that matches up w/ Karma. Both are non-provable mythologies via quantifiable or repeatable scientific experiment. So I don't fully believe in either, but I don't fully dismiss them either as not all things are able to be currently or ever explained.

1 week ago '19        #65
blackadamwarloc 
space
space
space
 Hamburgers said
@

this is real struggle. this is real pain.

n*gga talks about slavery and lynching like he been through it.

you ain't seen nothing and you ain't been through sh*t. just read your comic books and live your happy life instead of complaining about how AmeriKKKa and "the man" is holding you down.
go off bro. All this sh*t really lets me know is discussing Amerikkka with white men is pointless. Y’all legitimately can empathize with everyone but Black people. Sociopaths usually can’t admit wrongdoing to their victims and America taught y’all the sh*ts OK. Not me

So because I, personally, haven’t had anybody related to me lynched in 2020 I can’t speak truthfully about America and it’s history? Interesting. Y’all devils make my fu*kin stomach turn but this is good information.
+1   

1 week ago '19        #66
blackadamwarloc 
space
space
space
 Hamburgers said
You are a really good debater.

Says there are plenty of first world countries doing a lot better than us, followed up by zero examples.

Please name these glorious countries you speak of. Since clearly you've done your homework.

You talk about America being racist, but I hate to burst your bubble, America is one of the LEAST racist countries in the world. If you don't believe me, move to Asia. See how them asians treat you and how they look at you.

Move to India, see how people in India look at you over there. Most other countries in the world are full of people who mostly belong to the same race. America is the most diverse country in the world, so of course it's going to create racial tension.

You're mixing oil with water.

Most other countries is made up of mostly the same ingredients.

Now, you say other countries have it sooo much better. Like who? Russia? You know how them Russians would treat your black a*s if you stepped foot into their country?

Now are there countries that are less racist than America? Of course.

Why don't you move to Norway or Australia or Canada? I'm sure these countries are so much better than America.

There's levels to this sh*t adam. You ain't on it.

You just on that pseudo woke sh*t, trying to kick knowledge. But you're always playing the victim card, enslaving your own mind.

You laugh off "we past slavery." but it's the same concept that Hov was trying to put onto idiots.

Okay, slavery happened. Injustices happened against blacks. Now what?

Are we going to dwell on it and allow it to hold us down?

You think Jayz sits there thinking aw man, slavery is holding me back. I can't move forward with my life and become successful because slavery and racism is destroying my livelihood?

Nah, you a slave to your own mind.
this whole lil novelized rant let’s me know I got under your skin. Living in ya cracker a*s head rent free lol. Never did I say this country held me back, I’ve done pretty well in spite of the American system.

But continue to get emotional it’s pretty funny— you probably red as sh*t RN rofl
+1   

1 week ago '05        #67
dangermouse 
space
space
Props total: 4190 4 K  Slaps total: 532 532
 Hamburgers said
But everyone got the nerve to complain that America ain’t the #1 country and the most free.

We cry and bi*ch about the injustices in this country, but got the most freedoms.

You Kaepernick a*s n*ggas need to leave the country if you hate it so bad
Please tell me you are trolling?
America has its own atrocities. Mostly in the name of some pointless wars or "justifiable k*llings". Not to mention the mass incarcerations or treatment of veterans or anyone in need of housing or healthcare.

In America, you are free to die hungry and broke. Everything else you need to work for it.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #68
Ads 
space
space
space
Props total: 489 489  Slaps total: 221 221
 dsaint said
The Khmer Rouge was only in power for, what, like 3 years I think? From 75-78, and they were able to commit a genocide of 1.5-2 million Cambodians. Hitler and the Nazi's didn't have sh*t on Pol Pot and his crew.

On paper, communism doesn't seem like that bad of an idea, but Jesus Christ, everyone who has ever tried it ended up committing autrocitie.s that broke records. It either just isn't feasible, or it attracts complete sociopaths as followers
It preys on vulnerable people and their worst traits "those people over there have sh*t you don't have, they don't deserve it.... I'll take it from them and give it to you"

And it puts the power to do it in the government's hands.

It's a recipe for disaster that has played out over and over again but for some reason people still think it's a good idea.

1 week ago '06        #69
Qbert 
space
space
Props total: 15940 15 K  Slaps total: 1577 1 K
 BRonin357 said
This would presuppose that there is an afterlife that matches up w/ Karma. Both are non-provable mythologies via quantifiable or repeatable scientific experiment. So I don't fully believe in either, but I don't fully dismiss them either as not all things are able to be currently or ever explained.
But it isn't up to you to prove or disprove it for it to exist.

There's tons of sh*t you'll never be able to prove or disprove in life.

You don't have to understand everything in order to live in this world, I just don't get the stance of "it hasn't been proven to me, therefore it can't be true"

You or the scientific mind aren't the gatekeepers of truth and wonder. Basically so what if you can't prove it.

But I guess everyone adheres to different schools of thought. I can't fault you.

Last edited by Qbert; 02-14-2020 at 03:06 AM..

1 week ago '06        #70
Doe Sun 
space
space
space
Props total: 775 775  Slaps total: 250 250
Did they teach you how USA was partly responsible?
+1   

1 week ago '19        #71
Thisizdray 
space
space
space
Props total: 694 694  Slaps total: 165 165
 dsaint said
The Khmer Rouge was only in power for, what, like 3 years I think? From 75-78, and they were able to commit a genocide of 1.5-2 million Cambodians. Hitler and the Nazi's didn't have sh*t on Pol Pot and his crew.

On paper, communism doesn't seem like that bad of an idea, but Jesus Christ, everyone who has ever tried it ended up committing atrocities.s that broke records. It either just isn't feasible, or it attracts complete sociopaths as followers
The sins of capitalism are washed away because the atrocities are committed by white people.

The native Americans faced genocide.
The Tasmanian people in Australia
Black people in America and various African counties.

Including the worse atrocity of all with the European king Leopold in the CONGO estimated to have murdered at least 10 million black people. And the low estimate, it could be double because they didn't even keep track since the people weren't even considered human....

But we overlook all of that because it's black people being k*lled....
+2   

1 week ago '05        #72
slim_d20 
space
space
Props total: 10481 10 K  Slaps total: 3491 3 K
If you think that's bad, you should learn about the Rwanda Genocide.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #73
charlieramboo2 
space
space
Props total: 1142 1 K  Slaps total: 276 276
 dsaint said
Same here. But I've also heard that Westerners completely misunderstand the concept of karma, and that karma is not something you ever pay for or answer for in this lifetime anyway, it's some sh*t you pay for in your next life. Which still makes it a myth in my eyes.
karma literally means action. thats all im giving you

1 week ago '13        #74
jjwms33 
space
space
space
Props total: 3465 3 K  Slaps total: 852 852
 dsaint said
Oh yeah? Did they finally get to that in your middle school World History class?

Petty e-beefing aside, Pol Pot was a horrible, horrible, piece of sh*t human being and it's a fu*king crying shame that this motherfu*ker never had to pay the price for what he did to all those people. Pol Pot got to live out his entire life and die an old man. Proving there is no such thing as karma.
I cant believe you and other people thinks this is how karma works. What since he massacred people he should die in a massacre as well? SMH

the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.

It may have not happened this time or things may have happened this time. Who knows?

1 week ago '13        #75
jjwms33 
space
space
space
Props total: 3465 3 K  Slaps total: 852 852
 dsaint said

On paper, communism doesn't seem like that bad of an idea, but Jesus Christ, everyone who has ever tried it ended up committing autrocitie.s that broke records. It either just isn't feasible, or it attracts complete sociopaths as followers
It doesnt wrk. Human nature and self preservation doesnt allow for a govt ran by people to take complete control until the govt decides it's ready for the people to get the control. The govt will never allow it to happen. Why? Self preservation. They would be giving up all their control. People know this so they k*ll to instill fear in accepting the ideology. Do you trust another person controlling your every move saying it's for the wellbeing of the state? No in deed. It makes no sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+37online now  37
Greatest No Limit Album EVER!!!
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+74online now  37
Idiot prefers a Rolex and chain over a rental property
94 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+72online now  34
Image(s) inside Husband Plucks 4 Teeth From Wife’s Mouth After Discovering His 3 Child..
165 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  24
Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury II @9PM ET 2/22 PPV
3152 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy