Today I learned about the Cambodian Killing Fields

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
81 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

1 week ago '18        #26
Rugby Jones 
space
space
Props total: 14468 14 K  Slaps total: 1623 1 K
 Hamburgers said
But everyone got the nerve to complain that America ainít the #1 country and the most free.

We cry and bi*ch about the injustices in this country, but got the most freedoms.

You Kaepernick a*s n*ggas need to leave the country if you hate it so bad
Kap wants police to be held responsible for unjustly k*lling people.

That's not hating the US, u fu*ktard
+3   

1 week ago '04        #27
mac58  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 17344 17 K  Slaps total: 5050 5 K
ive been there...pretty sad place

+1   

1 week ago '18        #28
Lsulakersaints 
space
space
Props total: 7940 7 K  Slaps total: 405 405
 OCT DION said
I grew up down the street from a hood full of Lao and Cambodians. I knew a big Cambodian n*gga named Chicken Man who has "Killing Fields" tatted on his back. I haven't seen him since I was in high school but apparently he k*lled somebody with a sword.
Them southeast asians ain't no joke, I had a laotian partner that sat in a mf bushes for like 5 hours just to serve him. Dude was cool af, he just ain't go for no bs, he'd be on the phone and snap and yelling in that laotian sh*t, I'd chunk the deuces bc I already knew what time it was. It was a whole clique of them mfs

1 week ago '13        #29
THEDONN 
space
space
Props total: 42317 42 K  Slaps total: 12181 12 K

1 week ago '13        #30
dtdroid  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 47134 47 K  Slaps total: 51246 51 K
 dsaint said
If I finally die, and find out that death is just a reset switch for the game of life, I'm going to be a serial k*ller next go 'round. (Although if this is the case, apparently you don't get to remember any of your past lifes anyway, which makes life just one big cruel fu*king joke)
If your morality is only kept in check by the fear of the karmic repercussions for your actions, then you are indistinguishable from an evil coward. Evil because you believe good works are only worthwhile when they directly reward you for the effort, and a coward because you are implying you would readily become a serial k*ller if it meant you would never suffer the karmic fate you believe a serial k*ller deserves.

You should do good for goodness' sake, and not because of any reward you expect to receive for your actions. Otherwise, your moral compass is in dire need of repair.
+4   

1 week ago '19        #31
blackadamwarloc 
space
space
space
Props total: 446 446  Slaps total: 98 98
 Hamburgers said
n*gga, thatís war.

This is murdering your own people and citizens. Thatís a false equivalence.

A better comparison is saying Trump bombs California because they donít agree with his politics and Nancy Pelosi is executed for being a little bi*ch.

Donít debate me, you lose in all aspects of this one brodie.
so itís OK to k*ll innocent people as long as itís ďwarĒ? Interesting perspective. I guess that makes it OK that we drone strike hospitals

1 week ago '18        #32
Lsulakersaints 
space
space
Props total: 7940 7 K  Slaps total: 405 405
 Hamburgers said
But everyone got the nerve to complain that America ainít the #1 country and the most free.

We cry and bi*ch about the injustices in this country, but got the most freedoms.

You Kaepernick a*s n*ggas need to leave the country if you hate it so bad
MURICA!!!! Head a*s
+2   

1 week ago '04        #33
hammertime71604 
space
space
space
Props total: 632 632  Slaps total: 124 124
Theyíre history is crazy. Cambodia is a beautiful place with some of the nicest people. Iím looking forward to visiting again

1 week ago '05        #34
tokinjohn 
space
space
Props total: 97857 97 K  Slaps total: 12708 12 K
 Illuminati 8ob said
In the Bay Area we have a lot of Cambodian’s and since a child every Cambodian I knew were trained to go. Even the women. There was a crew of four short Cambodian dudes who used to run up on whole crews like 10 deep and rob them with machetes and revolvers. Dudes gave no fu*ks and they were teens.
Also had a Cambodian chick try and k*ll me in High School for fu*king over her homegirl. bi*ch had to get restrained and scratched the sh*t out of my face.
Another homie I had got deported back to Cambodia for slanging crack and guns.
They crazy but if they on your side they good people. But like I said most Cambodian’s in the West Coast is TTG (Trained To Go). In SoCal they got whole hoods and crip sets. Shout out my Khmer Pride homies.

Edit: And rereading that was kind of a bigoted blanket statement about Cambodian’s I just made. So I’ll add in my experiences.
What's crazy is Attleboro,Mass where Aaron Hernandez lived last (when free) , I believe is number two to the bay with Cambodian population in the states (seen it on a old gangland Ep)

Last edited by tokinjohn; 02-13-2020 at 07:22 PM..

1 week ago '04        #35
Castro 10304  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 1567 1 K  Slaps total: 179 179
I blame France for these atrocities

1 week ago '16        #36
Blackout75 
space
space
space
Props total: 857 857  Slaps total: 52 52
 Proveone said
None of this excuses Pol Pot, but educate yourselves

The U. S. did what it always does, destabilized the region and gave birth to the monster that is Pol Pot. Capitalism along with neo liberalism and neo conservatism are predicted on the oppression of the 3rd world. No clean hands on this one

You're taking an extremely complicated situation, basically saying it was the US fault, then covering your a*s with "None of this excuses Pol Pot" and "No clean hands on this one". And we didn't give birth to Pol Pot, that is bullsh*t. We even bombed his troops until Nixon backed down.

The area was definitely destabilized by the Vietnam War, and the US was way too happy to drop bombs in places it shouldn't have. I won't argue that we should have been a part of the Vietnam war and I'm not one of the types to pretend that the US has never done anything wrong. But you made no mention of Japan, China, and the USSR's part in destabilizing the region either. Or Cambodia's mistakes that caused their own problems.

And regardless of all of these outside actors fu*king around in Vietnam and Cambodia, Pol Pot was ultimately responsible for the unprecedented destruction he caused in Cambodia. Not the US, not Vietnam, Russia, China, or anyone else.
+2   

1 week ago '17        #37
The Almighty240 
space
space
space
Props total: 4738 4 K  Slaps total: 453 453
 Hamburgers said
n*gga, thatís war.

This is murdering your own people and citizens. Thatís a false equivalence.

A better comparison is saying Trump bombs California because they donít agree with his politics and Nancy Pelosi is executed for being a little bi*ch.

Donít debate me, you lose in all aspects of this one brodie.
So you mean to tell America wasnít murdering there own people no time in there history? You whites are unreal, and just love to forget about history to make ya look good... we will never forgot what ya whites did to black folks donít matter how much ya try to erase history.
+3   

1 week ago '16        #38
AfroBucks88 
space
space
Props total: 25760 25 K  Slaps total: 1528 1 K
the open skulls remind me of Rwanda, hopefully they can rise up and be a shining example like Rwanda
+1   

1 week ago '19        #39
ym7171yea  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 2305 2 K  Slaps total: 658 658
the k*lling fields had a tree set aside just for smashing babies' heads against. pol pot k*lled 25% of the whole country in 4 years. wild sh*t

+1   

1 week ago '17        #40
dubsax 
space
space
Props total: 34699 34 K  Slaps total: 3162 3 K
 dsaint said
Oh yeah? Did they finally get to that in your middle school World History class?

Petty e-beefing aside, Pol Pot was a horrible, horrible, piece of sh*t human being and it's a fu*king crying shame that this motherfu*ker never had to pay the price for what he did to all those people. Pol Pot got to live out his entire life and die an old man. Proving there is no such thing as karma.
karma states that the sins of this life are paid in the next not this one.

1 week ago '16        #41
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 16034 16 K  Slaps total: 1339 1 K
 Blackout75 said
You're taking an extremely complicated situation, basically saying it was the US fault, then covering your a*s with "None of this excuses Pol Pot" and "No clean hands on this one". And we didn't give birth to Pol Pot, that is bullsh*t. We even bombed his troops until Nixon backed down.

The area was definitely destabilized by the Vietnam War, and the US was way too happy to drop bombs in places it shouldn't have. I won't argue that we should have been a part of the Vietnam war and I'm not one of the types to pretend that the US has never done anything wrong. But you made no mention of Japan, China, and the USSR's part in destabilizing the region either. Or Cambodia's mistakes that caused their own problems.

And regardless of all of these outside actors fu*king around in Vietnam and Cambodia, Pol Pot was ultimately responsible for the unprecedented destruction he caused in Cambodia. Not the US, not Vietnam, Russia, China, or anyone else.
I was commenting on the oversimplification occurring in the thread. The comments yours included lack any historical framework. In 1970, Prince Sihanouk was ousted, not by Pol Pot, BUT by a U.S.-backed right-wing military coup. An embittered Sihanouk retaliated by joining with Pol Pot, his former enemy, in opposing Cambodia's new military government. That same year, the U.S. invaded Cambodia to expel the North Vietnamese from their border encampments, but instead drove them deeper into Cambodia where they allied themselves with the Khmer Rouge. The WEST (specially the US) created the environment allowed the KR to take power. To argue against that is to argue against reality. My ACTUAL critique which went over your head I see, is that all of this is a result of Neo Liberal and Neo Conservate policies (which are both rooted in capitalism), which require the oppression and exploitation of the 3rd world. These policies would encapsulate proxy wars involving communist China and the USSR.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #42
Still Numskull 
space
space
Props total: 12512 12 K  Slaps total: 3419 3 K
My friends mom lived in Cambodia then. One night she told me all about what she went through and getting out.. watched her mom n dad , brother and some other family members get k*lled but they'd let her and her sister live for some reason. She even watched her dad, brother and uncle dig their grave.. fu*ked up sh*t.

1 week ago '05        #43
OG T Gutta N 
space
space
Props total: 5238 5 K  Slaps total: 1679 1 K
 dsaint said
Same here. But I've also heard that Westerners completely misunderstand the concept of karma, and that karma is not something you ever pay for or answer for in this lifetime anyway, it's some sh*t you pay for in your next life. Which still makes it a myth in my eyes.
western culture fu*ked up the concept of karma , from hinduism , kharmic ladder

long story short , brahman is all (objective reality / infinite being / god / w/e )

every single "thing" in existence is a manifestation / extension of brahman

life is one big game of hide and seek (brahman) style , the realization we are all one, and that is brahman

see , if we're all the same , the natural ethics of the universe and "'good" kicks in , as why would you harm , or do bad things to yourself, as we are all one?

karma comes in at this point , if you live a bad (relative) , you will be reincarnated as a lower being per say or literally , as there as lessons in the life you lived you did not learn / moving down the kharmic ladder

as your soul goes through many lifes , it moves up and down the ladder , but eventually will return to the origin of self once your soul learns the many lessons needed to realize itself , brahman

so if you did some fu*ked up sh*t , could end up a caterpillar in the next life

this is also why the indian caste system exist , and why groups like the untouchables exist in their society

also , good and bad is relative , you can be a warrior and k*ll and move up , because that is your duty and calling in life (reference to arjunas despair), which is different than simply...killing and moving down the ladder

long story short , "what goes around comes around" (western bastardization) karma is not even close to the actual concept

Last edited by OG T Gutta N; 02-13-2020 at 08:33 PM..

1 week ago '16        #44
NYNY 
space
space
Props total: 14754 14 K  Slaps total: 2845 2 K
 Hamburgers said
n*gga, that’s war.

This is murdering your own people and citizens. That’s a false equivalence.

A better comparison is saying Trump bombs California because they don’t agree with his politics and Nancy Pelosi is executed for being a little bi*ch.

Don’t debate me, you lose in all aspects of this one brodie.
So the American army starting another war in a foreign country and k*lling civvies is fine if they ain’t American or on us soil fu*kin moron
+3   

1 week ago '14        #45
OCT DION 
space
space
Props total: 23620 23 K  Slaps total: 2495 2 K
 Illuminati 8ob said
In the Bay Area we have a lot of Cambodianís and since a child every Cambodian I knew were trained to go. Even the women. There was a crew of four short Cambodian dudes who used to run up on whole crews like 10 deep and rob them with machetes and revolvers. Dudes gave no fu*ks and they were teens.
Also had a Cambodian chick try and k*ll me in High School for fu*king over her homegirl. bi*ch had to get restrained and scratched the sh*t out of my face.
Another homie I had got deported back to Cambodia for slanging crack and guns.
They crazy but if they on your side they good people. But like I said most Cambodianís in the West Coast is TTG (Trained To Go). In SoCal they got whole hoods and crip sets. Shout out my Khmer Pride homies.

Edit: And rereading that was kind of a bigoted blanket statement about Cambodianís I just made. So Iíll add in my experiences.
It's a generalization but they really do get the fu*k down. Whenever I hear the "model minority" sh*t, how Asians are all out here playing the violin and going to Harvard and they're submissive punks who get no pu**y, I'm like we obviously don't know the same Asians.
+3   

1 week ago '16        #46
Roadrunner416 
space
space
Props total: 644 644  Slaps total: 304 304
goof thread
+2   

1 week ago '16        #47
Blackout75 
space
space
space
Props total: 857 857  Slaps total: 52 52
 Proveone said
I was commenting on the oversimplification occurring in the thread. The comments yours included lack any historical framework.
Not every comment requires a complete explanation of every single thing leading up to something that happened. I acknowledged the US played a role in it, but you leaving out everyone else's role is the definition of "lacking any historical framework".

And most of the comments were saying Pol Pot was a piece of sh*t, that doesn't require any context, it's 100% fact

Proveone said
In 1970, Prince Sihanouk was ousted, not by Pol Pot, BUT by a U.S.-backed right-wing military coup.
Source? Because the source you provided even says "Direct US complicity in the coup remains unproven, but as William Blum amply documents in his book k*lling Hope, there is enough evidence to warrant the possibility". Note they say the possibility. I'm not gonna say I know 100% they weren't involved (but you just know, don't you?), but even if they supported the idea, Lon Nol was the one who did the deed, and he was supported by the Cambodian people tired of the Vietnamese walking on them.

Again, from your source "A neutralist, Sihanoukís primary objective was to maintain the integrity of Cambodia ó a task that proved enormously difficult, as American, Chinese, and Vietnamese interests, as well as various left- and right-wing factions within Cambodia, were all pulling Sihanouk in different directions. Attempting a delicate balancing act, he played groups off one another, working with one group one day and opposing it the next."

And "Four years later, a peasant uprising known as the Samlaut Rebellion broke out in the countryside over a new policy that forced peasants to sell their rice to the government at below-black-market rates. To ensure compliance, the military was stationed in the local communities to purchase (or simply take) the rice from the farmers.

With their livelihoods suffering, peasants launched an uprising, k*lling two soldiers. As the rebellion quickly spread to other areas of Cambodia, Pol Pot and the KR capitalized on the unrest, gaining peasant support for their fledgling insurgency. By 1968, KR leaders were directing ambushes and attacks on military outposts."

Sihanouk made himself plenty of enemies on his own.

Proveone said
That same year, the U.S. invaded Cambodia to expel the North Vietnamese from their border encampments, but instead drove them deeper into Cambodia where they allied themselves with the Khmer Rouge.
They were already allied, the US offensive in 1970 against the Vietnamese in Cambodia didn't drive them together. And the Vietnamese were happy to do it because of the Cambodians that k*lled a bunch of Vietnamese nationals.

"But after the coup, Sihanouk allied himself with Pol Pot and the KR against those who had overthrown him, and Vietnamese communists offered their full support to the KR in their f*ght against the US-backed government."

Proveone said
The WEST (specially the US) created the environment allowed the KR to take power. To argue against that is to argue against reality.
China and the USSR were backing the Vietnamese that crossed into Cambodia's sovereign country. In fact, the coup that ended Sihanouk's rule happened while he was off to ask China and the USSR to call off their Vietnamese allies. Why do you keep ignoring their role in all of this?

Proveone said
My ACTUAL critique which went over your head I see, is that all of this is a result of Neo Liberal and Neo Conservate policies (which are both rooted in capitalism), which require the oppression and exploitation of the 3rd world. These policies would encapsulate proxy wars involving communist China and the USSR.
Nothing went over my head. I see exactly how you're happy to blame capitalism for all of these problems and say something that it "require the oppression and exploitation of the 3rd world", but you'll avoid speaking on China and the USSR, both who only thrived by doing exactly the same thing.

See, I'm willing to admit that mistakes were made, and that the US did play a part to an extent, but I doubt you can do the same thing. You keep ignoring everything else to point all the blame at the US, and you said specifically that the US gave birth to Pol Pot, again, ignoring everything else.

1 week ago '09        #48
Hamburgers 
space
space
Props total: 3608 3 K  Slaps total: 4887 4 K
 blackadamwarloc said
so itís OK to k*ll innocent people as long as itís ďwarĒ? Interesting perspective. I guess that makes it OK that we drone strike hospitals
 The Almighty240 said
So you mean to tell America wasnít murdering there own people no time in there history? You whites are unreal, and just love to forget about history to make ya look good... we will never forgot what ya whites did to black folks donít matter how much ya try to erase history.
 NYNY said
So the American army starting another war in a foreign country and k*lling civvies is fine if they ainít American or on us soil fu*kin moron
Iím gonna reply to all your dumbasses at once.

Yíall taking my comment out of context, especially that original n*gga that quoted me. Youíre comparing the Cambodian k*lling Fields that resulted in a genocide of 25% of the population.

When has America done anything CLOSE to that to its own people?

You ignorant fake woke a*s n*ggas make me laugh. You donít know sh*t about world history. Do your homework before you come talk to me.

Yíall ole hippie a*s... ole I just want world peace talking about America is this big bully going to war k*lls civilians. No fu*king sh*t. Itís war, there will be casualties. The amount of civilian casualties is still nothing compared to this ONE incident that k*lled 1.5-2 million of their OWN people.

Yíall trying to poke holes to my argument but my argument went back to the first n*gga who tried to compare this to America bombing the Middle East. You ignorant a*s n*ggas...

When the fu*k did I say America didnít k*ll its own people or build this country off the slavery? Of course this country did dirt. But itís NOTHING compared to the injustices other countries were built on or have suffered.

You love playing the victim card. Are you a slave? Was your father a slave? Nah? Aight, then we off that. We past slavery.

Shut your dumbasses up, you dont know what youíre talking about and are way out of your element here.

1 week ago '17        #49
xcobr35715 
space
space
Props total: 569 569  Slaps total: 175 175
 Capital D said

Today? You just learned this TODAY....SMH our schools failed us...this is basic mathematics to most
+1   

1 week ago '04        #50
collegeboy58 
space
space
Props total: 9228 9 K  Slaps total: 549 549
 OCT DION said
It's a generalization but they really do get the fu*k down. Whenever I hear the "model minority" sh*t, how Asians are all out here playing the violin and going to Harvard and they're submissive punks who get no pu**y, I'm like we obviously don't know the same Asians.
Certain people like to group Asians and Africans together like Asia and Africa are countries and not continents

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  51
Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury II @9PM ET 2/22 PPV
3149 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  28
Eminem says he's absolutely a guest in hip hop
56 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+32online now  25
Greatest No Limit Album EVER!!!
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+670online now  18
Went to a Camron concert last night, and I came to the conclusion that I'm an ..
329 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy