Android texts might get this iMessage feature soon

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

2 weeks ago '06        #1
3506 page views
56 comments

LYTE 
space
space
space
Props total: 13821 13 K  Slaps total: 1309 1 K
Android texts might get this iMessage feature soon

A new leak suggests that Android texts might soon receive an important update, including some stellar features that have been supported on rivals for years.

RCS, or rich communication services, is the new messaging protocol ready to power next-generation texting for Android. So far, Google hasnít been successful in making RCS a universal standard, but its efforts have been making some steady progress for widespread adoption.

But as rogue hacker Jane Manchun Wong revealed on Twitter, Google is also working towards giving Android Messages a wider set of features, like emoji reactions.

As her tweet shows, beta code for Messages shows a functional emoji reaction feature, where users can express agreement, amusement, and more for a certain message by selecting an emoji to appear beside it. This feature is widely available on other popular messaging clients, like Facebook Messenger or Appleís iMessages (known as Tapback).

While the feature obviously hasnít reached official release quite yet, it adds to RCSís already diverse toolbelt, which includes modern conveniences like read receipts, typing alerts, and messaging over Wi-Fi or LTE. Texts on Android will need to catch on with these contemporary features in order to match the experience offered by many competitors.

With a robust set of features and compatibility with all major US carriers, RCS clearly has the potential to rejuvenate Androidís outdated messaging infrastructure. Now, if only it was adopted as the standard already.

visit this link https://www.phonearena.co .. r-rcs_id122251

best
worst
56 comments

2 weeks ago '17        #2
one il matt 56  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 8181 8 K  Slaps total: 1054 1 K

Google been pump faking this since the galaxy S3
+25   

2 weeks ago '06        #3
LYTE  OP
space
space
space
Props total: 13821 13 K  Slaps total: 1309 1 K
 one il matt 56 said

+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #4
Daddy Black 
space
space
Props total: 9349 9 K  Slaps total: 875 875
 one il matt 56 said

Facts. And I had that phone before switching to the iPhone. 7 years and google still on that bullsh*t. They never gonna have messaging thatís better than iMessage.
+9   

2 weeks ago '11        #5
Slingy 
space
space
Props total: 7329 7 K  Slaps total: 1578 1 K
S3 was one of my favorite phones. Won’t lie though, went back to the iPhone because of iMessage
+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #6
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
space
space
Props total: 999 999  Slaps total: 458 458
RCS doesn't even have end to end encryption, sh*t is a non starter
+5   

2 weeks ago '11        #7
xArchangeLx 
space
space
Props total: 2921 2 K  Slaps total: 835 835
I dont have a problem with my messages at all.. and if that's the only thing you can find better on an iphone... idk what to say

I have both an iphone 11 (for work) and s10+ for personal and i wish I could swap out my work phone because it's absolutely sh*t and out of date. I cant do anything with it. Whereas I am limitless with my S10+
+11   

2 weeks ago '16        #8
Itsjustmefools  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 5018 5 K  Slaps total: 3700 3 K
 one il matt 56 said

Word. Must be a new android dropping soon. They start this news everytime a new android about to drop
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #9
megalomaniacal 
space
space
Props total: 10533 10 K  Slaps total: 1446 1 K
 one il matt 56 said

apple would sue the sh*t out of em

2 weeks ago '08        #10
asoria85 
space
space
Props total: 75 75  Slaps total: 116 116
People still fuk with androids?

2 weeks ago '16        #11
Wentzylvania 
space
space
space
Props total: 3099 3 K  Slaps total: 494 494
 one il matt 56 said

RCS already on Google phones. They finally did it last year.
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #12
Poncho520 
space
space
Props total: 6465 6 K  Slaps total: 617 617
 xArchangeLx said
I dont have a problem with my messages at all.. and if that's the only thing you can find better on an iphone... idk what to say

I have both an iphone 11 (for work) and s10+ for personal and i wish I could swap out my work phone because it's absolutely sh*t and out of date. I cant do anything with it. Whereas I am limitless with my S10+
S10 plus is a beast.

Last edited by Poncho520; 02-14-2020 at 08:11 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #13
iswerve 
space
space
Props total: 16447 16 K  Slaps total: 2489 2 K
im in the beta, and can do this
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #14
xArchangeLx 
space
space
 Poncho520 said
S10 plus is a beast.

For real
I'm getting the S20 Ultra
I'm an idiot and cant help it
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #15
Poncho520 
space
space
 xArchangeLx said
For real
I'm getting the S20 Ultra
I'm an idiot and cant help it
Only gonna be more lit with the 5g upgrade. I got the trade in value at Best Buy. I'll probably wait till the value drop to the amount I paid for the S10 and trade up.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #16
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
space
space
Bottom line, you're still gonna be a green bubble, and bi*ches are still gonna ignore you. When you're rockin an android, you're only hope is a bi*ch uses whatsapp.

2 weeks ago '11        #17
xArchangeLx 
space
space
 Poncho520 said
Only gonna be more lit with the 5g upgrade. I got the trade in value at Best Buy. I'll probably wait till the value drop to the amount I paid for the S10 and trade up.
I believe as the value drops for the Ultra, so will the S10, so you wont make up much ground. Could be wrong tho
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #18
Poncho520 
space
space
 xArchangeLx said
I believe as the value drops for the Ultra, so will the S10, so you wont make up much ground. Could be wrong tho
The value dropped immediately for the S10+. When you get insurance from best buy it locks the purchase value in. You get no questions asked trade in value which you can use twords any item in the store. So my phone was 1000 plus 200 for insurance so you have 1000 twords the new phone and you would have to pay the difference.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #19
focusedinsight 
space
space
Props total: 361 361  Slaps total: 76 76
Green bubble. iPhone geeks and goofy bi*ches. Foh.

+6   

2 weeks ago '07        #20
21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 93629 93 K  Slaps total: 23788 23 K
 GUCCI C0ND0MS said
Bottom line, you're still gonna be a green bubble, and bi*ches are still gonna ignore you. When you're rockin an android, you're only hope is a bi*ch uses whatsapp.
Class of 04. I know you're pushing 40. Still chasing random bi*ches and worried about text bubble colors. Must be insecure as sh*t
+11   

2 weeks ago '04        #21
NahLij 
space
space
Props total: 24362 24 K  Slaps total: 1742 1 K
Most Android phone companies don't really matter. If Samsung could establish its own version of iMessage type text service or even(super long shot) collaborate with Apple to be included in iMessage somehow that would be great. No one cares about Motorola or OnePlus really

2 weeks ago '04        #22
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
space
space
 21 said
Class of 04. I know you're pushing 40. Still chasing random bi*ches and worried about text bubble colors. Must be insecure as sh*t
Don't hate the game, learn how to adapt and pimp it. Most bi*ches use iPhones, and it's strike against you off GP when you got a green bubble. Have I told any lies? Thought so...

2 weeks ago '11        #23
xArchangeLx 
space
space
 Poncho520 said
The value dropped immediately for the S10+. When you get insurance from best buy it locks the purchase value in. You get no questions asked trade in value which you can use twords any item in the store. So my phone was 1000 plus 200 for insurance so you have 1000 twords the new phone and you would have to pay the difference.
Damn that's nice
How much do you pay for insurance through best buy? I just get mine through Verizon straight up
Teach me please
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #24
21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 93629 93 K  Slaps total: 23788 23 K
 GUCCI C0ND0MS said
Don't hate the game, learn how to adapt and pimp it. Most bi*ches use iPhones, and it's strike against you off GP when you got a green bubble. Have I told any lies? Thought so...
You haven't told a truth. Nobody really cares about a bubble color and someone can have the most expensive iphone and still be a broke a*s bi*ch living with mommy daddy making 40k a year.

And absolutely nobody judges somebody on their cellphone outside of the interent.

You tried it.
+7   

2 weeks ago '04        #25
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
space
space
 21 said
You haven't told a truth. Nobody really cares about a bubble color and someone can have the most expensive iphone and still be a broke a*s bi*ch living with mommy daddy making 40k a year.

And absolutely nobody judges somebody on their cellphone outside of the interent.

You tried it.
Lol you're in denial bruh

Ain't trying to act like an iPhone is a status symbol or anything, that's some dumb sh*t. It's just annoying to text people with green bubbles, and most bi*ches have iPhones, so you do the math...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+77online now  26
Video inside The Next "Old Town Road" But For The Streets? RMR - "Rascal"
194 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  14
Feb 26 - dallas serial killer caught 14 bodies....could be responsible for 100..
40 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  9
Fredo Bang: "I Fxxked His Baby Mama And I Loved It"
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+36online now  6
Am I the only one mad at Jada for making Snoop cry