Feb 12 - Connecticut HS girls sue to block participation of trans athletes in girls sports

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
25 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '18        #1
3189 page views
126 comments

danneywilliams  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 11746 11 K  Slaps total: 12563 12 K
Feb 12 - Connecticut HS girls sue to block participation of trans athletes in girls sports

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — The families of three female high school runners filed a federal lawsuit Wednesday seeking to block transgender athletes in Connecticut from participating in girls sports.

Selina Soule, a senior at Glastonbury High School, Chelsea Mitchell, a senior at Canton High School and Alanna Smith, a sophomore at Danbury High School are represented by the conservative nonprofit organization Alliance Defending Freedom. They argue that allowing athletes with male anatomy to compete has deprived them of track titles and scholarship opportunities.

“Mentally and physically, we know the outcome before the race even starts,” said Smith, who is the daughter of former Major League pitcher Lee Smith. “That biological unfairness doesn’t go away because of what someone believes about gender identity. All girls deserve the chance to compete on a level playing field.”

The lawsuit was filed against the Connecticut a*sociation of Schools-Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference and the boards of education in Bloomfield, Cromwell, Glastonbury, Canton and Danbury.

“Forcing girls to be spectators in their own sports is completely at odds with Title IX, a federal law designed to create equal opportunities for women in education and athletics,” attorney Christiana Holcomb said. “Connecticut’s policy violates that law and reverses nearly 50 years of advances for women.”

The Connecticut a*sociation of Schools-Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference says its policy follows a state anti-discrimination law that says students must be treated in school by the gender with which they identify and the group believes the policy is “appropriate under both state and federal law.”

The lawsuit follows a Title IX complaint filed last June by the girls’ families and the Alliance Defending Freedom with the U.S. Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights, which is investigating the policy.

The lawsuit centers on two transgender sprinters, Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood, who have frequently outperformed their cisgender competitors.

The two seniors have combined to win 15 girls state indoor or outdoor championship races since 2017, according to the lawsuit.

The three plaintiffs have competed directly against them, almost always losing to Miller and usually behind Yearwood. Mitchell finished third in the 2019 state championship in the girls 55-meter indoor track competition behind Miller and Yearwood.

“Our dream is not to come in second or third place, but to win fair and square,” Mitchell said. “All we’re asking for is a fair chance.”

Yearwood, a senior at Cromwell High School, and Miller, a senior at Bloomfield High School, issued statements vehemently defending their right to run in girls events.

“I have faced discrimination in every aspect of my life and I no longer want to remain silent,” Miller said. “I am a girl and I am a runner. I participate in athletics just like my peers to excel, find community, and meaning in my life. It is both unfair and painful that my victories have to be attacked and my hard work ignored.”

Yearwood said she also is a girl and has been hurt by the efforts to “tear down my successes.”

“I will never stop being me!” she said in her statement. “I will never stop running! I hope that the next generation of trans youth doesn’t have to f*ght the f*ghts that I have. I hope they can be celebrated when they succeed not demonized. For the next generation, I run for you!”

The American Civil Liberties Union said it will represent the transgender teens and defend the Connecticut policy in court. Attorney Chase Strangio, deputy director for Trans Justice with the ACLU LGBT & HIV Project, said transgender girls also are protected by Title IX.

“The idea that the law only protects the individuals with XX chromosomes as compared to individuals with XY chromosomes is found nowhere in the legislative history of Title IX, in any implementing regulation or in any other aspect of the interpretation of Title IX over the last 50 years by the courts,” he said.

The attorneys for Alliance Defending Freedom is asking the court to prevent the transgender girls from competing while the lawsuit moves forward. No hearing date on that request had been scheduled Wednesday, the day before the state’s indoor track championships begin.

Connecticut is one of 17 states that allowed transgender high school athletes to compete without restrictions in 2019, according to Transathlete.com, which tracks state policies in high school sports across the country. Eight states had restrictions that make it difficult for transgender athletes to compete while in school, such requiring athletes to compete under the gender on their birth certificate, or allowing them to participate only after going through s*x reassignment procedures or hormone therapies, according to Transathlete.

Yearwood and Miller have said they are still in the process of transitioning but have declined to provide details.

visit this link https://apnews.com/8fd300 .. 4e0cf2ade3244b
+55   

best
worst
126 comments

2 weeks ago '18        #2
S-Class 
space
space
Props total: 22010 22 K  Slaps total: 2433 2 K
It starts...
+34   

2 weeks ago '12        #3
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 88403 88 K  Slaps total: 6365 6 K
After seeing how that transgender beat the sh*t out of that lady in ufc or boxing or w/e?

I don't blame them. Let them little girls have their sh*t already

South Park nailed this sh*t.

When hes pushing the tire

Last edited by OldBusiness; 02-12-2020 at 07:58 PM..
+71   

2 weeks ago '06        #4
Skateboard T 
space
space
Props total: 53991 53 K  Slaps total: 7385 7 K
Not gonna lie this is where it gets dicey....

No problem with trans people, I think transitioning is the most effective solution to the problem presented. But when it comes to athletic competition that’s where we have different liberties pushing back against one another.

Only solution I see is the integrate all sports lol which ain’t gonna happen.

I don’t have the answers but neither does anybody else at this point.

Last edited by Skateboard T; 02-13-2020 at 07:48 AM..

2 weeks ago '15        #5
MemphisBleek 
space
space
Props total: 4802 4 K  Slaps total: 2359 2 K
 Skateboard T said

You don’t have the answer?

The answer is tell them boys to go play boys sports. sh*t is simple to me.
+105   

2 weeks ago '18        #6
danneywilliams  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
space
Props total: 11746 11 K  Slaps total: 12563 12 K
 Skateboard T said

Just create a separate trans division for all sports. One for FTM and another for MTF. That sh*t would be fun to watch. Imagine a bunch of Buck Angels beating the sh*t out of each other.
+31   

2 weeks ago '05        #7
lilwheezy 
space
space
Props total: 1200 1 K  Slaps total: 165 165
This is where the extreme side of politics start to lose people. It shouldn't be that hard to admit that of course there are biological differences and the people that suffer the most are the actual girls.

Either have them race against the s*x they were born with or create another division for just them and let them choose between those two divisions on where they want to compete.

This isn't even an anti trans thing because to be in that position, they're already going through a lot and must be suffering but by trying to protect a few kids, 1000s of girl athletes are being punished
+37   

2 weeks ago '04        #8
ohhohh 
space
space
Props total: 4618 4 K  Slaps total: 456 456
 OldBusiness said
After seeing how that transgender beat the sh*t out of that lady in ufc or boxing or w/e?

I don't blame them. Let them little girls have their sh*t already

South Park nailed this sh*t.

When hes pushing the tire
Watched this a few weeks back, and I rarely ever watch Southpark but this sh*t had me dying.
+6   

2 weeks ago '05        #9
2 Pistolz 
space
space
Props total: 13463 13 K  Slaps total: 2764 2 K
I'd support a group that aims to block trannies from life in general. Now there's an idea.
+23   

2 weeks ago '17        #10
nfamous 
space
space
space
Props total: 1476 1 K  Slaps total: 411 411
n*ggas born with a d*ck taking scholarship opportunities as a woman. wtf is wrong with this world?
+45   

2 weeks ago '08        #11
stlcardinals19 
space
space
Props total: 10447 10 K  Slaps total: 801 801
Best solution is to just simply rename the boys/men's division as "Open" that ANYONE can compete in and keep a separate division strictly for women/girls. Prob not enough transpeople for their own separate division so just have them compete in the "Open" one
+23   

2 weeks ago '05        #12
hbk83 
space
space
Props total: 5541 5 K  Slaps total: 1294 1 K
It has to come from women.
Not men. Women around the world and in politics need to own up to the fact that no they cannot compete with men in physical competition .
+31   

2 weeks ago '16        #13
Hector 
space
space
space
Props total: 2768 2 K  Slaps total: 80 80
Make them compete as the s*x they were born or don’t compete at all. Word to Bruce Jenner
+10   

2 weeks ago '18        #14
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 20241 20 K  Slaps total: 2176 2 K
Equal rights bi*ches!
Transletes

Last edited by BrooklynDamien; 02-12-2020 at 11:23 PM..
+9   

2 weeks ago '15        #15
Still Numskull 
space
space
Props total: 12542 12 K  Slaps total: 3433 3 K
Just make a trans league. At this rate it'll be full in no time

But really these people need to be in therapy and dont have enough time to be involved in extra sh*t
+14   

2 weeks ago '17        #16
Thegreatiandi 
space
space
Props total: 11351 11 K  Slaps total: 1228 1 K
This that equal rights sh*t...that love is love sh*t...that their battle is our battle sh*t...come home to roost.

In college, I ran a 10.91 in the hundred a few times. If I was a female, I'd be close...if not actually be able qualify for the Olympics.

Congratulations, y'all broke the world
+15   

2 weeks ago '19        #17
TheRulingClass 
space
space
space
Props total: 225 225  Slaps total: 51 51
 Skateboard T said

Dicey? Are you serious? It’s fu*king ridiculous we’re even entertaining this non sense!
+9   

2 weeks ago '13        #18
jjwms33 
space
space
space
Props total: 3523 3 K  Slaps total: 872 872
 MemphisBleek said
You don’t have the answer?

The answer is tell them boys to go play boys sports. sh*t is simple to me.
This...Or have their own division. It's only those two options. Theres a reason it was a division in the first place. We dnt have the technology to turn a man into a woman yet. It's more than the s*xual organ. And I dnt mean that in a condescending way.
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #19
Aquariusrb85 
space
space
Props total: 84 84  Slaps total: 13 13
Those gay men are not ladys & will never be!
+5   

2 weeks ago '10        #20
marx1684 
space
space
Props total: 11787 11 K  Slaps total: 1221 1 K
 S-Class said
It starts...
Yes it does...

+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #21
tdnupe3 
space
space
Props total: 34862 34 K  Slaps total: 2367 2 K
Create another division in which they can compete against one another.

Doesnt really seem all that difficult a solution to come to. That levels the playing field. At least gender-wise anyways.
+3   

2 weeks ago '08        #22
tdnupe3 
space
space
Props total: 34862 34 K  Slaps total: 2367 2 K
 stlcardinals19 said
Best solution is to just simply rename the boys/men's division as "Open" that ANYONE can compete in and keep a separate division strictly for women/girls. Prob not enough transpeople for their own separate division so just have them compete in the "Open" one
Didnt think about that, but you are correct sir.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #23
bibbyboi 
space
space
Props total: 5887 5 K  Slaps total: 679 679
I'm pretty progressive, but I'm in the mindset that you either have to get rid of the two different divisions and male and female compete together, or you should compete in the division you were born to. I just don't think there has been enough research yet to show either way whether they have an unfair advantage.

2 weeks ago '04        #24
1000bluntz 
space
space
Props total: 24910 24 K  Slaps total: 6256 6 K
 Skateboard T said

The average person born with a d*ck is beating the average person born with a pu**y in sports, how is this dicey and how is them competing with actual females fair in any context? There are girls losing scholarships to these monstrosities and you're talking about this is where sh*t gets "dicey"? You have got to be fu*king kidding. How this is even a debate is fu*king hilariously sad.
+8   

2 weeks ago '04        #25
bibbyboi 
space
space
Props total: 5887 5 K  Slaps total: 679 679
 BX Stallion said
It's too late. This is the new norm now thanks to the left

Is it really a bad thing in the grand scheme of things? I mean it's just sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  23
Can Y’all Help me I-D this shirt Pop Smoke is rockin!?
93 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  21
Image(s) inside what do you really think of the telsa model 3. honest opinions only
38 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  12
NY Blood Corey King says Blueface & Wack is Food.. Westcoast gotta check in
320 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+24online now  9
Video inside Simp on phone begging his Girlfriend not to go out with her friend!
159 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy