This is why you need to plan your life when you're in high school and go after your goals

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
83 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

2 weeks ago '17        #51
Wolfgang 
space
space
Props total: 130 130  Slaps total: 21 21
Waiting is something that we get from the rich that became commercialized t make people feel special when they go out to eat

IT IS A SKILL

When done right
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #52
majorpain1963 
space
space
space
Props total: 2894 2 K  Slaps total: 282 282
 LikeLupinIII said
not enough.. I tip a minimum of $10 all the time.. even if I spend less than an hour in a spot which is usually the case bout 95% of the time..

$15-$20 if I'm there for more than an hour..

I don't really "fine dine" cause I'm a grown man with an appetite so my bill is usually between $30-$60, spots that I spend an hour+ at the bill is usually over $100, so since 20% is trash unless the bill is $50+ i just tip a min $10-20, and only use percentages when the bill hits over $100
You and math aren't cool are y'all?
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #53
Yung Tee 
space
space
space
Props total: 5563 5 K  Slaps total: 566 566
 t from the 617 said
this makes mad sense cause they don't even tip in other countries

i tried to tip a bartender in london, dude really got a lil offended
You’re sorta right & wrong

People do tip in London (and the U.K. in general). The difference is, in the USA, people need to rely on tips cause of their bad wages. In the U.K., the wages ain’t bad, and tipping isn’t required. People tip because they WANT to, not because they NEED to or have to like in the USA

However, some restaurants do have service charge. Sometimes it could be 10%, 12.5, 20% or whatever. So let’s say your meal cost £30, you also have to add on the 12.5% of £30 too (I’m too lazy to do the math right now). That service charge is pretty much a tip (sort of, it doesn’t necessarily go to the waiter/bartender). It’s only certain type of restaurants that really have service charge though, most restaurants don’t do that. But even then, some of the restaurants that have service charges will tell you that it’s optional. I went to a restaurant & our bill was higher than expected, turns out it’s cause of the service charge (that we didn’t know about), and nobody wanted to pay it, but turned out we didn’t HAVE TO pay it anyway (alotta people think you do though)

Now, tipping in the U.K. could work 3 ways

1. You give someone a tip & they’ll tell you “sorry, I’m not allowed to take tips”

2. You give someone a tip & they’ll accept it and keep all the money for themselves

3. You give someone a tip & they have to split it with their workmates. Meaning, let’s say there’s 10 people working at a bar for example, and they’ve all been tipped - at the end of their shift, they put all the tips together & divide the money equally. In some jobs, you have to split it, you can’t keep it all for yourself, no matter how much or little money it is

But either way, tipping is a choice in the UK. If you tip someone, that’s just a bonus for them, free money. Compared to the girl in OP who NEEDS tips to survive. With that said, I can understand why the guy got offended by you tipping, things are different in the UK. Me personally though, I would’ve gladly accepted it, it’s free money for nothing

Last edited by Yung Tee; 02-12-2020 at 10:38 AM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '13        #54
wrecklessvlee 
space
space
space
Props total: 627 627  Slaps total: 116 116
Servers get paid sh*t but she takes her tips at the end of the night she capping honestly. I bartend and the servers that work with me they make decent money. More than most bums on bx

2 weeks ago '19        #55
LikeLupinIII 
space
space
Props total: 523 523  Slaps total: 153 153
 majorpain1963 said
You and math aren't cool are y'all?
20% of 50 is 10..

which is why I said its trash unless its 50+

20% of 100 is 20..

which is why I said I use percentages on bills 100+

but my bill for the local spots I frequent are usually $30-$60(if I'm bringing something home or if I'm with my girl)
so I tip nothing less than $10 if its in that range especially cause I'm usually not there for more than 40 minutes-ish..

but if there for an hour or more I automatically tip $15, $20 if the bill is bewteen $60-$100 and 20-25% if the bill is higher than $100

the real problem is, you can't do that, so instead of telling us how cheap you really are, or faking it and telling us you ball out and tip $100 every time, you'd rather jump on my d*ck with hate before noon.. get your sh*t together bruh.. I wish you health and wealth..

Last edited by LikeLupinIII; 02-12-2020 at 10:43 AM..

2 weeks ago '19        #56
zzxxccvvbb 
space
space
space
Props total: 7415 7 K  Slaps total: 1106 1 K
 lucifershammer said

Also tipping is a function of Jim Crow
That's a half truth because America did not create tipping.

Tipping existed in European societies between 800-1400
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #57
Taste Maker 
space
space
Props total: 1303 1 K  Slaps total: 142 142
I always tip 20%

if you suck at % math, then just whatever the bill is divide it by 5

that will be 20%

2 weeks ago '05        #58
youngvito18 
space
space
Props total: 12186 12 K  Slaps total: 2946 2 K
That didnt explain why I would tip

It explained to me how SHE better do a DAMN GOOD job when serving ME because SHE needs MY tip
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #59
youngvito18 
space
space
Props total: 12186 12 K  Slaps total: 2946 2 K
 Jet Jagu4r said
Worked in many restaraunts... Always good money.

Heres the problem. A lot of servers expect to be tipped 20 percent right off the bat and be lazy to there tables, get less, then act suprised. If you bust your a*s and pay attention and take care of your tables while having a general knowledge of your product your selling your always going to make easy money. Even when you get stiffed on a tip, theres always another time when you get hooked tf up. sh*t always evens out at the end of the day. Like people said above should never be your end goal in life but it is a great way to earn fast money.
Listen to this man

I tip 20% at good service and more for GREAT service

Most servers i get arent good....they are adequate, so you might get 10%

sh*t i went to a diner and my check was 30, the lady was really good so i gave her a tip of 30 on top

The next time i came in there, she remebered my name and literally ran to serve us
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #60
P-Hill|M 
space
space
Props total: 22407 22 K  Slaps total: 1724 1 K
 lucifershammer said
https://youtu.be/q4RGKw48yyg
this is nuts... I had no idea... fu*k

2 weeks ago '17        #61
AllWins 
space
space
Props total: 12423 12 K  Slaps total: 6929 6 K
We need to pay everyone at least 15 dollars an hour. Personally I think everyone should get 30-50 minimum wage.

So glad that Bernie Sanders is the front runner so that we can get this brave women the income she deserves.

2 weeks ago '17        #62
lucifershammer 
space
space
Props total: 36438 36 K  Slaps total: 3788 3 K
 zzxxccvvbb said
That's a half truth because America did not create tipping.

Tipping existed in European societies between 800-1400
Function and creation r two different things
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #63
BLE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 6972 6 K  Slaps total: 1985 1 K
 Wolfgang said
Waiting is something that we get from the rich that became commercialized t make people feel special when they go out to eat

IT IS A SKILL

When done right
Naw it came from slaves, 2x great grandma use to serve these CACs and brea*t feed their infants didnít get a dime from it
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #64
infam0uskills 
space
space
Props total: 9088 9 K  Slaps total: 596 596
direct that same energy to your boss, they the ones paying you.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #65
DominicanLou 
space
space
Props total: 9250 9 K  Slaps total: 449 449
 Thegreatiandi said
After the Civil War ended in 1865, many formerly enslaved people were hired to perform wage-paying jobs, and workers flocked to find employment in restaurants and railway companies. Racial tensions were extremely strained, as this was the first time all employers were expected to pay their African American workers.

At the time, the United States government accepted a petition that allowed restaurant employees to work exclusively for tips. According to the ruling, restaurants did not have to pay their servers, as the tips they received meant that they weren't working for free, and therefore weren't enslaved.

thank you for spreading the knowledge. I learned about this some years ago in DC while on a conference for restaurant owners. The head of the organization, this Indian woman, said on stage "tipping comes slavery." sh*t blew my mind once I heard the backstory. It's crazy how much of American history is literally founded in the oppression of black people in this country
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #66
space
space
Props total: 6548 6 K  Slaps total: 2164 2 K
Whose fault is this, society?
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #67
space
space
Props total: 6548 6 K  Slaps total: 2164 2 K
 RubbahBandMayn said
I remember back in my early 20's when my ex girlfriend used to do that sh*t and always complain that she wasn't making money and that so called black people needed to tip better. Then she would always come to me for money but never wanted to listen to me when I told her to get a real profession smh. Chick used to work at the nicest restaurants too.
Thats how Rich people stay rich
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #68
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 75944 75 K  Slaps total: 4067 4 K
 Jet Jagu4r said
Worked in many restaraunts... Always good money.

Heres the problem. A lot of servers expect to be tipped 20 percent right off the bat and be lazy to there tables, get less, then act suprised. If you bust your a*s and pay attention and take care of your tables while having a general knowledge of your product your selling your always going to make easy money. Even when you get stiffed on a tip, theres always another time when you get hooked tf up. sh*t always evens out at the end of the day. Like people said above should never be your end goal in life but it is a great way to earn fast money.
^^this

2 weeks ago '04        #69
Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 30651 30 K  Slaps total: 4066 4 K
 RubbahBandMayn said
I remember back in my early 20's when my ex girlfriend used to do that sh*t and always complain that she wasn't making money and that so called black people needed to tip better.
lol used to hear the same thing from my ex
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #70
majorpain1963 
space
space
space
Props total: 2894 2 K  Slaps total: 282 282
 LikeLupinIII said
20% of 50 is 10..

which is why I said its trash unless its 50+

20% of 100 is 20..

which is why I said I use percentages on bills 100+

but my bill for the local spots I frequent are usually $30-$60(if I'm bringing something home or if I'm with my girl)
so I tip nothing less than $10 if its in that range especially cause I'm usually not there for more than 40 minutes-ish..

but if there for an hour or more I automatically tip $15, $20 if the bill is bewteen $60-$100 and 20-25% if the bill is higher than $100

the real problem is, you can't do that, so instead of telling us how cheap you really are, or faking it and telling us you ball out and tip $100 every time, you'd rather jump on my d*ck with hate before noon.. get your sh*t together bruh.. I wish you health and wealth..
Typed all of that to say nothing... You said 20% is trash then explained how you find it perfectly reasonable to tip $10 on a $50 tab. You played yourself.

It's clear, math is not your homeboy.

Lol @ I can't do that ... n*ggas and their a*sumptions.

2 weeks ago '09        #71
kickzrme 
space
space
Props total: 7513 7 K  Slaps total: 300 300
Bruh...GET A BETTER JOB...that won't happen tho cause she making bread off tips...Everytime I felt I need more money I got a pay raise or got a new job

With that being said I tip people that go outta they way for my table but if I gotta keep asking for refills and sh*t I'm rounding up my check to the nearest $ amount and the sh*tty server gets the change or nothing

2 weeks ago '05        #72
Sluggernaut  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 11672 11 K  Slaps total: 1499 1 K
 OCT DION said
Shouldn't be legal to pay them that little. Pay them what everybody else getting and we can stop tipping them mfs. It ain't my job to pay their bills
Thats happening in Seattle. People making $15 an hr in the service industry. As a result, business stop allowing tips and up-charging all their food.
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #73
El Caballero 
space
space
Props total: 39727 39 K  Slaps total: 3135 3 K
I can't say that it's a job only kids should do because I imagine that servers in fine dining restaurants make respectable money.

Regardless I always tip at least 18%

2 weeks ago '15        #74
broward 
space
space
space
Props total: 22 22  Slaps total: 0 0
I always thought that tipping was a clever / deceitful way for a restaurant business to pass on the responsibility of the payment of wages to employees by way of the customer
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #75
djbmp 
space
space
Props total: 4190 4 K  Slaps total: 176 176
her pride is in the way..... sell pu**y and humble yourself if you don't like the way that check is looking

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  42
Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury II @9PM ET 2/22 PPV
3149 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+32online now  27
Greatest No Limit Album EVER!!!
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  26
Eminem says he's absolutely a guest in hip hop
57 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+670online now  11
Went to a Camron concert last night, and I came to the conclusion that I'm an ..
329 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy