That time Marlo Stanfield held court in booking intake

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+45  43
82 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

7 days ago '05        #51
P DRILLA 
space
space
Props total: 16303 16 K  Slaps total: 551 551
 hoodrichmali said
Marlo took the biggest W of the show
He got out the game but he was on his way to getting rain made like Stringer
+1   

7 days ago '04        #52
Aesop730 
space
space
Props total: 12297 12 K  Slaps total: 1557 1 K
 Soaring Seagull said
I just realized that these illiterate n*ggas tried to off Michael because they didn't understand that the source of information was through their cell phones
They were hitting off anyone and everyone that could be a loose end. They didn't know if he snitched on Chris taking out the pedo or not. They weren't willing to risk their freedom tho.
+5   

7 days ago '04        #53
Aesop730 
space
space
Props total: 12297 12 K  Slaps total: 1557 1 K
 Tha Boss said
However who’s to say what block they were on at the end. Marlos name was big in west bmore. If that fancy party was in the East how would they know him?
Marlo had the whole city on his pack. We can't say but for the sake of it you have to take it as it is.
+1   

7 days ago '17        #54
TheGreyOne 
space
space
Props total: 1798 1 K  Slaps total: 469 469
 mt fuji said
Most people can't see how important Season 2 is.
Not only does it set up the rest of the series, it shows the impact the war on drugs has on the working man.
Which is the reason people dislike season 2. You subconsciously put your self in Franks shoes whether you realize it or not. It's uncomfortable.
Frank Sobotka stood tall and did right by his people- no matter race or creed. Took that fall for his boy (needlessly) and nephew (saluted).
+7   

7 days ago '18        #55
ShoePacShoeKur 
space
space
space
Props total: 354 354  Slaps total: 49 49
Season 2 was excellent. Only fair weather fans hate it.
+11   

7 days ago '10        #56
t from the 617 
space
space
Props total: 17079 17 K  Slaps total: 570 570
 Soaring Seagull said
I just realized that these illiterate n*ggas tried to off Michael because they didn't understand that the source of information was through their cell phones
not exactly

remember their wiretap was illegal, mcnulty and lester planned to credit the info to a source to justify the initial arrests, then act like they broke the communication code after the fact. that was how they planned to hide the illegal wiretap.

but when levy meets with pearlman he calls their bluff on this, knowing that there's no way they could have broken the code so quickly. that's how marlo ends up walking in the end. but at that point in the lockup all it said was source of information, nothing about a wiretap, so they were right to a*sume it was a person giving up info.
+2   

7 days ago '19        #57
blackadamwarloc 
space
space
space
Props total: 446 446  Slaps total: 98 98
 ShoePacShoeKur said
this here. Season 5 underrated af too imo. They ended the show damn near perfectly. GOT showed us how easy it is to fu*k that up
+6   

7 days ago '05        #58
Tha Boss 
space
space
space
Props total: 64385 64 K  Slaps total: 31991 31 K
 Yung Tee said
The 1st time I watched season 2, I found it so boring that I kinda stopped paying attention, it was basically just background noise. But when I started watching the other seasons, I realized how important season 2 was & how it connects everything, so I watched The Wire from the beginning again cause I noticed I missed out some things, key details, didn’t really know who some characters were or what role they were playing etc

The 2nd time I watched season 2, I thought to myself “I must’ve been trippin...this season is dope!”. I have no idea why I found it so boring the 1st time cause it really isn’t. I guess a part of it is cause I wanted more street action & less dockworker scenes. Season 2 seemed to drag on forever the 1st time I watched it cause of that, but the 2nd time I found it really interesting. Maybe cause I already knew what to expect & I knew more about it
What all did you notice

7 days ago '04        #59
Fameus 
space
space
Props total: 7837 7 K  Slaps total: 1882 1 K
 t from the 617 said
who did avon snitch on? i've seen the wire mad times but never recall that.
Corrections officer so he could get out sooner. It was in everyone (except mine) hated season so you may have missed it

Wee-Bey informed Avon that a prison guard, Dwight Tilghman, was harassing him, in retaliation for the murder of a relative. Avon tried to reason with Tilghman, but the guard refused to talk to him. Knowing that Tilghman had a side line in smuggling narcotics into the prison, Avon contrived to supply him with tainted heroin, causing numerous deaths. When the warden began an investigation, Avon came forth as an "informant", accusing Tilghman of the crime. Narcotics were found in Tilghman's car, leading to his arrest. As a result of his testimony, Avon's first parole hearing was brought forward in exchange for the information. Despite being the one ultimately responsible for the crime, he is due to be out of jail within a year.
+8   

7 days ago '18        #60
Playitbyyear 
space
space
space
Props total: 496 496  Slaps total: 145 145
I agree 2 is low key an important series bc it sets up and explains many things and it’s a little slow if your a slow person and don’t pay attention butttt season 3 is no way filler. That had so many classic scenes and the action was back so to me it goes season 1 3 4 2 5. We need a movie tho like a prequel to the whole series. Idk if that is even a possibility
+6   

7 days ago '18        #61
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 13864 13 K  Slaps total: 1482 1 K
 Tha Boss said
How tho. Marlo wasn’t necessarily hot at Omar, he lost his cool cause Chris didn’t tell him about the callout
it was both. the fact that omar was shytting on his name was huge. he built up a rep in the street that he wasn't ok with somebody playing with.
+4   

7 days ago '18        #62
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 13864 13 K  Slaps total: 1482 1 K
 hoodrichmali said
Also unrealistic af
so was marlo... and chris/ snoop... and brother mouzone.

its tv. of course they gonna embellish.
+3   

7 days ago '14        #63
Soaring Seagull 
space
space
Props total: 10897 10 K  Slaps total: 918 918
 t from the 617 said
not exactly

remember their wiretap was illegal, mcnulty and lester planned to credit the info to a source to justify the initial arrests, then act like they broke the communication code after the fact. that was how they planned to hide the illegal wiretap.

but when levy meets with pearlman he calls their bluff on this, knowing that there's no way they could have broken the code so quickly. that's how marlo ends up walking in the end. but at that point in the lockup all it said was source of information, nothing about a wiretap, so they were right to a*sume it was a person giving up info.
Ohhhh I thought it said source of information : something something cell phone
+1   

7 days ago '18        #64
twoshotdez 
space
space
space
Props total: 1165 1 K  Slaps total: 153 153
 Fameus said
Everyones favorite gangster on this show snitches (or cooperates with police) . Avon, Stringer, Omar.
When did Avon snitch ?

7 days ago '09        #65
Axl Rose 
space
space
Props total: 6700 6 K  Slaps total: 646 646
 twoshotdez said
When did Avon snitch ?
Im guessing hes talking about when he gave up Stringer to Brother.
+1   

7 days ago '10        #66
t from the 617 
space
space
Props total: 17079 17 K  Slaps total: 570 570
 Fameus said
Corrections officer so he could get out sooner. It was in everyone (except mine) hated season so you may have missed it
you're right i did forget about the CO. i was thinking in terms of snitching on people in the street but i think your example counts.
+1   

7 days ago '17        #67
TheGreyOne 
space
space
Props total: 1798 1 K  Slaps total: 469 469
 ShoePacShoeKur said
Season Two introduced The Greek. Gave more depth to Prop Joe & his operations. Filled out the task force. And had some of Stringer Bell's, Rawls, and the detectives working the murders finest appearances.

Also had the best cover of the intro song...with the fifth season's being a close second in that category.
+6   

7 days ago '19        #68
FP1305 
space
space
Props total: 2570 2 K  Slaps total: 263 263
 Fameus said
Everyones favorite gangster on this show snitches (or cooperates with police) . Avon, Stringer, Omar.
WHEN did AVON snitch or cooperate? im lost

7 days ago '20        #69
Roddy 
space
space
space
Props total: 175 175  Slaps total: 11 11
 Knucklez said
Word. Like nobody really cares bout these n*ggas, how you gon start the first season with action and sh*t keeping you at the edge of your seat then start 2 with an intermission and a huge drop in entertainment. Season 2 was not only slow, but we had to act like we cared about these blue collared workers and their daily life..
Season two the boys on the dope. Had to be done

7 days ago '20        #70
Roddy 
space
space
space
 FukHowYouFeel said
The Greeks were FBI/CIA cooperators. Most people gloss over that.
Nah they had the FBI working for them. Big difference
+1   

7 days ago '20        #71
Roddy 
space
space
space
 TheGreyOne said
Frank Sobotka stood tall and did right by his people- no matter race or creed. Took that fall for his boy (needlessly) and nephew (saluted).
Also was bout to snitch tho

7 days ago '16        #72
Yung Tee 
space
space
space
Props total: 5560 5 K  Slaps total: 566 566
 Tha Boss said
What all did you notice
When I 1st watched The Wire, I didn’t really care about the police, government, dockworkers etc scenes as much as I cared about the tower/drug dealing/violent/etc scenes, so I kinda paid less attention to them cause it didn’t interest me as much. So there’s a lot of characters I didn’t really know by name, I didn’t know what their job was, I didn’t know how they’re connected to things etc. So when I watched season 3, there were characters I didn’t know, situations I didn’t understand etc cause I didn’t pay attention to them in season 2

I wouldn’t really say season 2 too was boring, the problem was I just wasn’t really watching. So there’s things I didn’t get the 1st I watched The Wire that I did get the 2nd time. So cause I wasn’t interested in the dockers etc the 1st time I watched it, the season seemed so long & boring, but it really isn’t

Last edited by Yung Tee; 02-12-2020 at 12:45 PM..
+2   

7 days ago '14        #73
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
Props total: 24461 24 K  Slaps total: 5361 5 K
 Roddy said
Nah they had the FBI working for them. Big difference
He wasn't. He was an intelligence a*set similar to how Whitey Bulger was in real life. Koutris (FBI agent) was the Greek's handler.

He was allowed to exist as a trafficker because he fed info/counter-terrorism intel to the Feds.

No criminal has the government working for them except for corporations.

I've said it on here before...No drug kingpin at THAT level is there by chance. They're chosen. Ochoas', Escobar, Lehder, El Chapo, whomever.

Last edited by FukHowYouFeel; 02-12-2020 at 01:19 PM..
+3   

7 days ago '19        #74
hoodrichmali 
space
space
space
Props total: 782 782  Slaps total: 528 528
 shooter said
so was marlo... and chris/ snoop... and brother mouzone.

its tv. of course they gonna embellish.
In what way were Marlo, Chris and Snoop unrealistic? I said Omar is unrealistic AS fu*k not just a little embellished. All the praise The Wire gets is for how realistic it is

7 days ago '18        #75
DUCEDUCE 
space
space
Props total: 24850 24 K  Slaps total: 2413 2 K
 shooter said

I agree the character was exaggerated. I'm just speaking to who they made him out to be.
It was based on a real person.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+27online now  44
Article inside Ice Cube has burned bridges with everyone in his rap career 《U..
135 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+102online now  30
All-Star Weekend was cool but Ludacris hoodie gotta go
115 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  30
Video inside BREAKING: Cardi B's "59 Brim" Blood Set Hit w/ RICO & FBI Arrests Her F..
180 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  24
Feb 18 - Bloomberg 2011: Black and Latino men ‘don’t know how to behave in the..
150 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy