That time Marlo Stanfield held court in booking intake

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x2   |  0 bx goons and 2 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

5 days ago '15        #26
A T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 7656 7 K  Slaps total: 1491 1 K
 Fameus said
Everyones favorite gangster on this show snitches (or cooperates with police) . Avon, Stringer, Omar.

Marlo didn't.

5 days ago '16        #27
Knucklez 
space
space
space
Props total: 31234 31 K  Slaps total: 3277 3 K
 YoungLito said
A looooot of people hate season 2. Season 1 was straight up gritty street sh*t then seasn 2 was like wtf.
Word. Like nobody really cares bout these n*ggas, how you gon start the first season with action and sh*t keeping you at the edge of your seat then start 2 with an intermission and a huge drop in entertainment. Season 2 was not only slow, but we had to act like we cared about these blue collared workers and their daily life..
+1   

5 days ago '15        #28
Holdino  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 23387 23 K  Slaps total: 3302 3 K
Marlo was next up but Avon was the king bro c'mon!!!

Who brought Brother Mouzone out to terrorize?

In fact when Mouzone had to k*ll stringer it was handled the G way and Avon knew he had to go because of that convo him and Mouzone had in the hospital. Stringer's death in a way marked the end of Avon and the supposed start of Marlo but he left the game

Damn the wire deep. Even dedicated soldiers like Chris and Snoop get done dirty smh

Last edited by Holdino; 02-12-2020 at 10:51 AM..
+6   

5 days ago '20        #29
YoungLito 
space
space
Props total: 598 598  Slaps total: 34 34
 Knucklez said
Word. Like nobody really cares bout these n*ggas, how you gon start the first season with action and sh*t keeping you at the edge of your seat then start 2 with an intermission and a huge drop in entertainment. Season 2 was not only slow, but we had to act like we cared about these blue collared workers and their daily life..
I literally hated Ziggy and Nick. Season 2 was hard to make it through.
+4   

5 days ago '04        #30
Aesop730 
space
space
Props total: 12274 12 K  Slaps total: 1556 1 K
 A T said
Marlo didn't.
Marlo didn't respect the code tho.

5 days ago '12        #31
kiddalex 
space
space
Props total: 14428 14 K  Slaps total: 1262 1 K
 Mickey Ganja said
Best show ever. This is reason i cant take Power seriously
People told me Power was a show about drug dealers from .50 cent I'm like oh sh*t aight, thinking it was gonna be like The Wire.

Then I watch it and everyones dressed and looks like H+M models and its basically a soap opera . The shows world isn't realistic at all and the writing and acting sucks , everything seems totally fake , its the total opposite of the wire.

I was so mad man
+12   

5 days ago '17        #32
space
space
space
Props total: 6542 6 K  Slaps total: 2164 2 K
He couldnt believe his voice didnt matter anymore

5 days ago '17        #33
TROY 
space
space
Props total: 8060 8 K  Slaps total: 624 624
 shooter said
Who had a whole city shook to the point where ngas would scatter if they heard him coming down the street?

Gangsta ngas w/ bodies get to jogging when they hear that gay mf whistling farmer in the dell.

Omar was hard af.
That mf went out to the store for Cheerios and said f that Iím not grabbing the toolie

Posted up to light a bogey and mfs threw the stash out the window

Donít get more gangsta than that
+10   

5 days ago '20        #34
YoungLito 
space
space
Props total: 598 598  Slaps total: 34 34
 kiddalex said
People told me Power was a show about drug dealers from .50 cent I'm like oh sh*t aight, thinking it was gonna be like The Wire.

Then I watch it and everyones dressed and looks like H+M models and its basically a soap opera . The shows world isn't realistic at all and the writing and acting sucks , everything seems totally fake , its the total opposite of the wire.

I was so mad man
Top Boy is the only current show that gives me The Wire feel.
+5   

5 days ago '20        #35
Xiox 
space
space
Props total: 637 637  Slaps total: 106 106
 P DRILLA said
My name is my name
Put some respect on my name

5 days ago '14        #36
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
Props total: 24409 24 K  Slaps total: 5351 5 K
 booie4 said
I do find it funny how people gloss over Omar snitching.
The Greeks were FBI/CIA cooperators. Most people gloss over that.
+10   

5 days ago '13        #37
jaytxxl 
space
space
space
Props total: 2834 2 K  Slaps total: 100 100
 Tha Boss said
The fear monk had for Chris after saying Marlo got called out>>>>

Who was more fears Chris or Marlo
Man Chris put fear in n*ggas soul.. If you remember the episodes in season 4 the kids spoke of Chris as the grim reaper who make people disappear.. Obviously they was scared of Marlo but that was because they feared Chris..
+9   

5 days ago '05        #38
P-Hill|M 
space
space
Props total: 22274 22 K  Slaps total: 1722 1 K
 YoungLito said
I was just watching clips of this show the other day. Favorite moment is when lil Kev fat a*s get stuffed in the back of the truck. When he looked at slim Charles for help.

sh*ts fu*ked up but funny as hell.. then the window shut
Went from "ain't nobody walking me nowhere "

To

""
+9   

5 days ago '13        #39
jaytxxl 
space
space
space
Props total: 2834 2 K  Slaps total: 100 100
 Aesop730 said
I been rewatching this the past few weeks. Season three imo is a filler season with two being the important one which opens the floodgates.

The foreshadowing is there for Omar and it's the only way he could go out. If Avon couldn't get Omar how could Marlo? In the end this is a W for Omar and in the ending when he (Marlo) walks up on the two talking about Omar and they don't know him. Omar won over Marlo.

Yep in the end he was the only one to escape prison time, sold the connect became millionaire and could live life free with legit income(Everything Stringer wanted).. But at that business party with the lawyer he realized that’s not what he wanted so he bounced went to the street and happen to hear n*ggas talking bout Omar.. He step to them and they didn’t back down so he ask ”You know who I am” they didn’t.. He barely left the game and mfas already forgot about him and his name didn’t ring like Avon and Omar.. That was good writing it showed that nobody got what they wanted in the end on the streets..
+19   

5 days ago '19        #40
hoodrichmali 
space
space
space
Props total: 716 716  Slaps total: 491 491
 mt fuji said
Most people can't see how important Season 2 is.
Not only does it set up the rest of the series, it shows the impact the war on drugs has on the working man.
Which is the reason people dislike season 2. You subconsciously put your self in Franks shoes whether you realize it or not. It's uncomfortable.
No it was just boring
+2   

5 days ago '19        #41
hoodrichmali 
space
space
space
 Mickey Ganja said
Best show ever. This is reason i cant take Power seriously
Exactly what I was thinking about yesterday. Power is way too unrealistic to me. Itís a drug soap opera
+7   

5 days ago '10        #42
t from the 617 
space
space
Props total: 17020 17 K  Slaps total: 569 569
 Fameus said
Everyones favorite gangster on this show snitches (or cooperates with police) . Avon, Stringer, Omar.
who did avon snitch on? i've seen the wire mad times but never recall that.
+8   

5 days ago '19        #43
hoodrichmali 
space
space
space
 Proveone said
I'd say the difference was that he lived by his own code which he never broke. The essential nature of Omarís character was that of Robin Hood. Omar made a living not by preying on the innocent, but on the predators. He never put his gun on anyone who wasn't in the game, he made his own rules and stuck to them, which is why I think he gets a past for lying on Bird.

5 days ago '19        #44
hoodrichmali 
space
space
space
 shooter said
Who had a whole city shook to the point where ngas would scatter if they heard him coming down the street?

Gangsta ngas w/ bodies get to jogging when they hear that gay mf whistling farmer in the dell.

Omar was hard af.
Also unrealistic af
+2   

5 days ago '19        #45
PRo 
space
space
space
Props total: 3401 3 K  Slaps total: 340 340
Bookmarked this on my prime acct
Gotta get back to watching it, it's been some years
+1   

5 days ago '19        #46
hoodrichmali 
space
space
space
 A T said
Marlo didn't.
He got Omar arrested to be fair. Yeah it was in a plot to k*ll him but he still technically got someone locked up
+3   

5 days ago '16        #47
Yung Tee 
space
space
space
Props total: 5524 5 K  Slaps total: 561 561
 mt fuji said
Most people can't see how important Season 2 is.
Not only does it set up the rest of the series, it shows the impact the war on drugs has on the working man.
Which is the reason people dislike season 2. You subconsciously put your self in Franks shoes whether you realize it or not. It's uncomfortable.
The 1st time I watched season 2, I found it so boring that I kinda stopped paying attention, it was basically just background noise. But when I started watching the other seasons, I realized how important season 2 was & how it connects everything, so I watched The Wire from the beginning again cause I noticed I missed out some things, key details, didn’t really know who some characters were or what role they were playing etc

The 2nd time I watched season 2, I thought to myself “I must’ve been trippin...this season is dope!”. I have no idea why I found it so boring the 1st time cause it really isn’t. I guess a part of it is cause I wanted more street action & less dockworker scenes. Season 2 seemed to drag on forever the 1st time I watched it cause of that, but the 2nd time I found it really interesting. Maybe cause I already knew what to expect & I knew more about it
+14   

5 days ago '05        #48
Tha Boss 
space
space
space
Props total: 64225 64 K  Slaps total: 31955 31 K
 TrillbertArenas said
Only time he ever lost his cool in the series. I took this as a W for Omar
How tho. Marlo wasnít necessarily hot at Omar, he lost his cool cause Chris didnít tell him about the callout

5 days ago '14        #49
Soaring Seagull 
space
space
Props total: 10846 10 K  Slaps total: 917 917
I just realized that these illiterate n*ggas tried to off Michael because they didn't understand that the source of information was through their cell phones
+26   

5 days ago '05        #50
Tha Boss 
space
space
space
Props total: 64225 64 K  Slaps total: 31955 31 K
 TrillbertArenas said
Only time he ever lost his cool in the series. I took this as a W for Omar
 Aesop730 said
I been rewatching this the past few weeks. Season three imo is a filler season with two being the important one which opens the floodgates.

The foreshadowing is there for Omar and it's the only way he could go out. If Avon couldn't get Omar how could Marlo? In the end this is a W for Omar and in the ending when he (Marlo) walks up on the two talking about Omar and they don't know him. Omar won over Marlo.
However whoís to say what block they were on at the end. Marlos name was big in west bmore. If that fancy party was in the East how would they know him?

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+67online now  47
Image(s) inside Barack Obama did the Key and Peele skit in real life
29 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+133online now  41
Image(s) inside Saving $10k