amazon declares war on the ps5 and new xbox.....with its own game streaming service

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

3 weeks ago '09        #1
1772 page views
12 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
space
space
Props total: 156162 156 K  Slaps total: 19384 19 K
amazon declares war on the ps5 and new xbox.....with its own game streaming service

visit this link https://bgr.com/2020/02/0 .. -ps5-new-xbox/

Gamers are freaking out over two things right now: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. Both are set to launch this holiday season, and both are expected to deliver brand new, but similar, gaming experiences

But more tech companies are increasingly interested in making money from gaming without necessarily selling buyers dedicated gaming rigs. That’s because technology now allows a different type of gaming computer, one you don’t even have to bring into your home: a powerful server. Add to that a steady internet connection and a healthy collection of games, and you end up with a gaming streaming service.

In theory, a game streaming service would let you play any game you own on any device. In practice, we’re not quite there. But Amazon has been rumored to want a piece of the massive gaming pie, and its game streaming service might debut about the same time the PS5 and new Xbox hit stores

With $150 billion in annual revenue, gaming is twice the combined size of the film and music industries, Protocol reports. That’s why tech companies that haven’t been traditionally a*sociated with gaming are more interested now.

Amazon happens to be one of the biggest names in cloud services, and it makes a lot of sense to a*sume the company would want to get into the streaming business sooner than later. After all, Amazon already owns Twitch, the go-to service for watching games being played. And Amazon’s AWS cloud powers solutions to countless gaming businesses.

But the company has been quietly developing its own streaming service that would compete against Google’s Stadia, Microsoft’s xCloud, and Nvidia’s GeForce Now, as revealed by a report in mid-January 2019. There’s no name for it, and it’s unclear whether it’ll be sold as a standalone product. But Amazon could easily bundle it with its rich Amazon Prime offering to offer customers even more reasons not to ditch the subscription.

Amazon’s vice president for game services and studios declined to discuss the matter with Protocol. He said that “Amazon is not about forced coordination. We think about a distributed ownership model, which allows us to move faster. We don’t think so much about how to tell the overall story. We think about each customer in their own context and tell our story to them.”

Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter said it’s happening in 2020. “I would bet everything that it’s this year, an actual game-streaming service from Amazon,” he said. “No later than the launch date for the Xbox Series X and the PlayStation 5.” That’s a bold prediction, and analysts aren’t always right, but this would be the perfect year for Amazon to get into game streaming, considering everything else that’s happening in the industry
+3   

best
worst
12 comments

3 weeks ago '04        #2
mr_underground|m  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 43318 43 K  Slaps total: 3579 3 K
for game cloud streaming Microsoft will likely win

for gaming video consumption like live streaming youtube will likely win in the end.
+7   

2 weeks ago '17        #3
Timberwolves  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 20816 20 K  Slaps total: 2514 2 K
 mr_underground said
for game cloud streaming Microsoft will likely win

for gaming video consumption like live streaming youtube will likely win in the end.
Youtube closed its game streaming network because of Twitch, & now Mixer is in the equation

what are you even talking about
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #4
mr_underground|m  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 43318 43 K  Slaps total: 3579 3 K
 Timberwolves said
Youtube closed its game streaming network because of Twitch, & now Mixer is in the equation

what are you even talking about
naw, it merged it with the main youtube service because people like watching clips, so now you can watch livestreams and gaming content in one place. gaming is apart of youtube now. almost all major esports tournaments are youtube exclusives
+7   

2 weeks ago '16        #5
TrapInBriks11 
space
space
space
Props total: 1149 1 K  Slaps total: 97 97
Ok google

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '04        #6
jsmooth-117 
space
space
space
Props total: 26876 26 K  Slaps total: 2984 2 K
After seeing the bow movement know as the Amazon Fire Tablet, I wouldn’t hold my breath .

Why can’t they (Amazon) be stay in their lane shutting down like every brick and mortar store known to man?

2 weeks ago '19        #7
TheKingofClowns 
space
space
Props total: 1036 1 K  Slaps total: 141 141
 jsmooth-117 said
After seeing the bow movement know as the Amazon Fire Tablet, I wouldn’t hold my breath .

Why can’t they (Amazon) be stay in their lane shutting down like every brick and mortar store known to man?
Greed and control/power nothing more nothing less....

2 weeks ago '15        #8
LT88 
space
space
space
Props total: 1296 1 K  Slaps total: 399 399
It'll meet the same fate as Stadia.
+2   

2 weeks ago '08        #9
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 6300 6 K  Slaps total: 1247 1 K
 mr_underground said
naw, it merged it with the main youtube service because people like watching clips, so now you can watch livestreams and gaming content in one place. gaming is apart of youtube now. almost all major esports tournaments are youtube exclusives
/Thread

2 weeks ago '08        #10
cristiansed101 
space
space
Props total: 2625 2 K  Slaps total: 432 432
I just spent $3k on PC parts to build my Gaming PC, I'm glad my console days are over
+1   

2 days ago '04        #11
Mike T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 40741 40 K  Slaps total: 6058 6 K
wtf is cloud gaming ?

Top 10 most propped recently  2 days ago '04        #12
jsmooth-117 
space
space
space
Props total: 26876 26 K  Slaps total: 2984 2 K
I said it once, I’ll say it again; after the monstrosity called the amazon fire tablet, I’ll never trust another amazon (electronic) product.

No way in fu*k I’ll ever use an amazon product over another established company in that space (e.g Bose, Apple, Microsoft)

2 days ago '16        #13
Head Coach 
space
space
space
Props total: 5367 5 K  Slaps total: 512 512
These n*ggas are the devil man fu*k Amazon do they really need to jump in everybodies lane smh wtf

The mofu*kas already the richest in the world times 10

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+70online now  39
Video inside The Next "Old Town Road" But For The Streets? RMR - "Rascal"
182 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-97online now  37
Did Tyson Fury cheat by having something in his gloves?
116 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  28
Feb 26 - dallas serial killer caught 14 bodies....could be responsible for 100..
40 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  6
Fredo Bang: "I Fxxked His Baby Mama And I Loved It"
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy