The Rise And Fall Of The iPod

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
38 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

4 weeks ago '11        #51
Illdoctor 
space
space
Props total: 838 838  Slaps total: 292 292
 Sub Crazy said
I miss my iPod. My sh*t got stolen. I had the 160gb iPod classic. I had music from all kinds of genres on there.

One day Iím just going to pony up the cash and buy another iPod classic. Too many people call me and fu*k up my vibe when Iím streaming on my phone.
Tell me about it.

How about when you're running Android 10 on the latest Snapdragon with the latest security patch and STILL for some reason something weird happens like the screen getting stuck during unlock or you're phone having to restart or some stupid notification popping up? These current devices are all so bloated with bunch of software it makes the unstable.

4 weeks ago '04        #52
Fresh Beats 
space
space
Props total: 10124 10 K  Slaps total: 435 435
Creative Zen Vision M was my MP3 player of choice. It blew every iPod out the water (other than the touch)

4 weeks ago '04        #53
killahhops 
space
space
Props total: 337 337  Slaps total: 22 22
 JayR04 said

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I dropped mine while I shooting around in the gym and it stopped working right then and there 😢
+2   

4 weeks ago '16        #54
Adrian99OVR 
space
space
space
Props total: 2850 2 K  Slaps total: 135 135
 Steve Gee97 said
I probably have to cop me a another IPod Touch so I can bump my old Gucci Mane tapes without having to delete space on my Android Phone.
You know Android's have SD card slots, right?
+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #55
SquirrelXss 
space
space
Props total: 3863 3 K  Slaps total: 783 783
I miss my Zune.

sh*t was awesome. For some reason it liked Boosie and Webbie when I put it on random
+4   

4 weeks ago '18        #56
Steve Gee97 
space
space
Props total: 6346 6 K  Slaps total: 908 908
 Adrian99OVR said
You know Android's have SD card slots, right?
Yeah. I have a 32 GB one. The thing with me is that I would keep it on there if the album is good. I like to play whole albums. Deleting comes with decisions
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #57
Tapeking 
space
space
Props total: 531 531  Slaps total: 40 40
I still have 2 160GB classics and use them sh*ts from time to time
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #58
maranello550 
space
space
space
Props total: 327 327  Slaps total: 38 38
Damn a brand new ipod classic must be worth 200 - 300. Future collectors items

4 weeks ago '07        #59
Blaksentinel 
space
space
Props total: 2749 2 K  Slaps total: 118 118
Still have and use mine in my car. I don't like to use my phone for music too much.

4 weeks ago '12        #60
Di Warlord 
space
space
Props total: 20694 20 K  Slaps total: 1185 1 K
 606robin said
When Iím doing cardio outside (sprinting hills, running 4 miles) I use my nano not phone. Iíve been doing that for years, fu*k the bullsh*t. Of rocking my 800+ dollar phone. To fall and break, and most importantly like feeling light. Not clunky.

n*ggas werenít hip on that nano recall hustle. I made 15k profit in a couple months off it. Iíll still collect ipods like trading cards. Theyíre gonna be stupid high in 5-10
question for you.

I have a second gen iPod touch 8 gb. I've had it since 2010 with music from more than one computer on it. Can I take the music off of that ipod and transfer it to another ipod? and do you recommend getting Apple's latest ipod touch?
+1   

4 weeks ago '11        #61
Dillah810 
space
space
Props total: 2476 2 K  Slaps total: 60 60
 jsmooth-117 said
The real story is the "rise" and the fall of the Zune.

The true underdeveloped GOAT.
The Zune HD was superior to the iPod Touch in every way. Apple just had better marketing. Damn shame Zune is now reduced to a punchline on sitcoms and movies.
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #62
jsmooth-117 
space
space
space
Props total: 26444 26 K  Slaps total: 2960 2 K
 Dillah810 said
The Zune HD was superior to the iPod Touch in every way. Apple just had better marketing. Damn shame Zune is now reduced to a punchline on sitcoms and movies.

4 weeks ago '08        #63
606robin 
space
space
Props total: 9290 9 K  Slaps total: 728 728
 Di Warlord said
question for you.

I have a second gen iPod touch 8 gb. I've had it since 2010 with music from more than one computer on it. Can I take the music off of that ipod and transfer it to another ipod? and do you recommend getting Apple's latest ipod touch?
Youíre gonna have to use some third party software, to get your OG library off the iPod. Iíll try and look up the software, I used it a few years ago. Apple updates made that DRM sh*t become a barrier, to folks getting their old music without specific 3rd party apps.

Nah. To be honest Iím cool with my little baby here (7th gen) you can find iPods sometimes for cheap on selling apps like 5 miles n offer up. Iím cheap man, no need to buy something for $100-300, when a used on works fine. Or is easy to repair

+1   

4 weeks ago '12        #64
Di Warlord 
space
space
Props total: 20694 20 K  Slaps total: 1185 1 K
 606robin said
Youíre gonna have to use some third party software, to get your OG library off the iPod. Iíll try and look up the software, I used it a few years ago. Apple updates made that DRM sh*t become a barrier, to folks getting their old music without specific 3rd party apps.

Nah. To be honest Iím cool with my little baby here (7th gen) you can find iPods sometimes for cheap on selling apps like 5 miles n offer up. Iím cheap man, no need to buy something for $100-300, when a used on works fine. Or is easy to repair

thanks man let me know

but yeah I hear you. You're right actually, why waste the money if you can get the same product for cheaper. I'll look on offer up for ipods
+1   

4 weeks ago '08        #65
606robin 
space
space
Props total: 9290 9 K  Slaps total: 728 728
 Di Warlord said
thanks man let me know

but yeah I hear you. You're right actually, why waste the money if you can get the same product for cheaper. I'll look on offer up for ipods
Yezzir. Check your local thrifts and pawn shops too. I got tons of nanos from there during the 1st gen nano recall days. Which got me my 7th generation for $10. They ended the ďrecallĒ but you may be able to contact and see if they have other incentives.
+1   

4 weeks ago '10        #66
6.Yrs 
space
space
Props total: 17091 17 K  Slaps total: 1104 1 K
 BOLO1 said
They stole the concept and design from Creative Technologies anyway and paid them $100 mil for it. Creative still lost in a long run
How can you walk away from a 100 million dollar check? Would the iPod have been as big without that logo behind it?

I would of needed a percentage of something moving forward too though for me to call it good.
+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #67
rshodunke 
space
space
Props total: 479 479  Slaps total: 26 26
 collegeboy58 said
I was looking at getting an iPod a few years back to keep plugged into the car and play music. I found it was cheaper to buy a used iPhone instead. These new iPods look just like phones. I donít get it
I ended up doing this when my classic went out. Only issue is that when using with headphones, the dac on the classic is way better in sound quality than any of the iPhones can produce.
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #68
KREW 
space
space
Props total: 5889 5 K  Slaps total: 288 288
Last summer, I revived my big boy iPod and upgraded the storage to 500gb, new battery and new back housing
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #69
astrotrain 
space
space
Props total: 1334 1 K  Slaps total: 158 158
Got so many dope remixes and bsides on my itunes/ipod classic that i cant fully commit to spotify. I tried with uploading all my music to google music player but it fu*ked up all my playlists, sometimes theres triples of one song then another song is missing.

4 weeks ago '04        #70
JayR04 
space
space
Props total: 10284 10 K  Slaps total: 553 553
 astrotrain said
Got so many dope remixes and bsides on my itunes/ipod classic that i cant fully commit to spotify. I tried with uploading all my music to google music player but it fu*ked up all my playlists, sometimes theres triples of one song then another song is missing.
Agreed. I still download my music the old fashioned way. Way too much stuff that's not on streaming apps.
+3   

3 weeks ago '05        #71
Krayzie06 
space
space
Props total: 141 141  Slaps total: 12 12
so, everyone just uses their phones these days? i still use my ipod...daily....yeah...daily...like today, and yesterday....and the day....before that........
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #72
WeedCanuckman 
space
space
Props total: 11214 11 K  Slaps total: 4089 4 K
 Shhon said

I had one of these in high school.
Possibly saved my life when I went to a new high school out of Montreal in a place where there was like 5 black people in that school.
If it wasn't for this to block all these annoying fu*kers out and playing basketball I could have been in a dire predicament.
Made me focus on just doing school and getting the fu*k outta there.
Made me anti social at one point but I don't regret it because them two last yrs were hell.

I still have it hanging around somewhere.
30gb sh*t man I had all my music collection at the time on it.
+3   

3 weeks ago '18        #73
WeedCanuckman 
space
space
Props total: 11214 11 K  Slaps total: 4089 4 K
 nolimit34744 said
man fu*k that sh*t! Those LCD on the pocket DJ was fragile as sh*t! I went throught 4 of them! I remember bi*ching dell out about it for the free replacements lol
Because it was a gift to me, and it was bought in store by an uncle, and when it would break I would go through the same process as you.
But one time I was like fu*k it(was dumb and young) when I received the replacement
Sent the box back with nothing in there(I kept the MP3 player because nothing was wrong with it.)
So I had two.

But I lost the other one over a madden game vs a friend.
lol.
+1   

3 weeks ago '09        #74
wettems35 
space
space
space
Props total: 1392 1 K  Slaps total: 69 69
Lost my iPod classic 160gb that had over 20,000 songs. Mixtape stuff and loose tracks that would appear on hiphopgame, allhiphop, etc. Some songs I'll never find again. That's when the jukebox section was clutch.

All the digital streaming apps k*lled it.
+2   

3 weeks ago '10        #75
SecretAgentMan 
space
space
Props total: 284 284  Slaps total: 95 95
Still use mine religiously in the car and the gym, having it connected to the usb in the car all the time k*lls the battery and I wouldn't wanna put that stress on my phone. Plus my phone's Samsung
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-81online now  21
Video inside And thatís why people fu*k with her, sheís dope.
108 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+16online now  21
Image(s) inside Pop Smoke gets revenge on the nigga who slapped him
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  12
Image(s) inside Kehlani respond to Joe Buddens comments from his podcast
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+133online now  7
KG and JR Rider speak about the time KG talked sh*t to MJ.
72 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy