Narcos: Mexico [Official Discussion Thread]

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x6   |  4 bx goons and 2 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 year ago '10        #51
MANNYSOSA 
space
space
Props total: 7803 7 K  Slaps total: 641 641
Starting episode 1

Also I did not know Pena was in this.. put him in everything

1 year ago '04        #52
Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 30520 30 K  Slaps total: 4055 4 K
On episode 5
Idk man. Its cool to see a different story, but at this point, it feels like I have seen this sh*t before. There isn't the glamour or the action of the Colombian stories, and these main players aren't that interesting.

n*ggas got hype about Amado Carillo, but so far they are portraying him as a lame who can fly. No one to put on a poster and get excited about

One Less Reason said
I just finished the 2nd episode

When
[spoiler - click to view]

I was like

I don't know a lot about this background story before Chapo so it's cool to see - really into this season so far

And my God - Teresa Ruiz (who plays Isabella) is too fvcking fine!
Homie is it really that serious? Dude's role is super small and he wasn't close to doing any fly sh*t at that point in his lie.

I hope you guys aren't giving this a pass off the strength of it being a drug trafficking show. This sh*t is mad dull as it stands (Ep 5)

1 year ago '14        #53
Mutant Boy 
space
space
Props total: 24495 24 K  Slaps total: 17888 17 K
3 episodes in. HOT GARBAGE.

I don't like any of these actors.

I know Spanish, but the way Mexicans speak it is just

I have to read the fu*king subtitles

1 year ago '14        #54
Mutant Boy 
space
space
 Tastemaker331 said
On episode 5
Idk man. Its cool to see a different story, but at this point, it feels like I have seen this sh*t before. There isn't the glamour or the action of the Colombian stories, and these main players aren't that interesting.

n*ggas got hype about Amado Carillo, but so far they are portraying him as a lame who can fly. No one to put on a poster and get excited about

Homie is it really that serious? Dude's role is super small and he wasn't close to doing any fly sh*t at that point in his lie.

I hope you guys aren't giving this a pass off the strength of it being a drug trafficking show. This sh*t is mad dull as it stands (Ep 5)
Daaaaanm Narcos, in high school you was the maaan Narcos. What the fu*k happened to you?

1 year ago '14        #55
Mutant Boy 
space
space
Seeing the

make an appearance has been the biggest highlight of this snooze fest through the first 5 episodes.

Edit-

just made an appearance

Damn this makes me miss

Last edited by Mutant Boy; 11-17-2018 at 04:40 AM..
+2   

1 year ago '17        #56
OGMiamishank 
space
space
Props total: 12454 12 K  Slaps total: 2623 2 K
sh*ts on the original and it can only get better
+1   

1 year ago '15        #57
MisterHawkins 
space
space
Props total: 10050 10 K  Slaps total: 979 979
 hooligun said
thought we were gonna get a chapo series... fu*k this
El Chapo has his own Netflix original series
+5   

1 year ago '16        #58
Papi 
space
space
space
Props total: 62664 62 K  Slaps total: 64724 64 K
Ehhh the Mexico don’t get interesting till after Kiki dies.. this season is the 2018 lakers.. n*ggas just getting ready for next season

1 year ago '06        #59
Jax Daniel 
space
space
Props total: 4284 4 K  Slaps total: 153 153
 Tastemaker331 said

Like I said, I didn't know much of the backstory (or much of these stories in general other than the names) and wasn't aware he would have a role in this season (even if it's minor) - so yeah it was cool to see and surprising, to me anyways.

The show will continue to show his rise through the ranks I'm sure and you start to get small glimpses that he is a psychopath like

- sh!t like that. I'm enjoying the season, not as good as the Pablo & Cali seasons - but it was cool to see

too.

But if you don't like this season, then that's cool. To each their own I guess.
+1   

1 year ago '04        #60
bigmike123456 
space
space
Props total: 1702 1 K  Slaps total: 75 75
I enjoyed this season but it did feel like it was missing something. I guess nothing will match the Pablo seasons

1 year ago '16        #61
Papi 
space
space
space
Props total: 62664 62 K  Slaps total: 64724 64 K
 bigmike123456 said
I enjoyed this season but it did feel like it was missing something. I guess nothing will match the Pablo seasons
Nah the México cartels in the early 80s were kinda calm for they standards

That late 80s early 90s run

When they were all in war
+3   

1 year ago '04        #62
mrjam7 
space
space
Props total: 1392 1 K  Slaps total: 101 101
Me being méxican they kinda got the slang right but the actors couldn’t get that sinaloense accent down!! This could branch off so many says Arellano Felix brothers where crazy !! Chapo and mayo and the rest of the sinalo crew !!
+1   

1 year ago '18        #63
RoyRogers225 
space
space
space
Props total: 13222 13 K  Slaps total: 4456 4 K
This season was better than last season I give it a 8.7 out of 10 next season gonna be flames tho Felix at the end of the season finale sealed it great fu*kin season!!!
+1   

1 year ago '08        #64
tdnupe3 
space
space
Props total: 34655 34 K  Slaps total: 2344 2 K
 mrjam7 said
Me being méxican they kinda got the slang right but the actors couldn’t get that sinaloense accent down!! This could branch off so many says Arellano Felix brothers where crazy !! Chapo and mayo and the rest of the sinalo crew !!
I remember reading about the whole KiKi thing a few years ago when El Chapo was voluntarily checking out of prison on the regular. Sad story. But it's crazy to think about how much the narcos are ingrained into your culture. A lot of the mariachi bands have songs about the narcos. Don't you guy have a patron saint of narcos (or criminals in general)? And, just to think about how much the cartel controlled government officials and law enforcement. It's crazy.

Are you from mexico?
+1   

1 year ago '04        #65
mrjam7 
space
space
Props total: 1392 1 K  Slaps total: 101 101
 tdnupe3 said
I remember reading about the whole KiKi thing a few years ago when El Chapo was voluntarily checking out of prison on the regular. Sad story. But it's crazy to think about how much the narcos are ingrained into your culture. A lot of the mariachi bands have songs about the narcos. Don't you guy have a patron saint of narcos (or criminals in general)? And, just to think about how much the cartel controlled government officials and law enforcement. It's crazy.

Are you from mexico?
yeah i am im from a part called michoacan !! little rancho called el agauje !! that area where my dad from is a hot bed for all this narco stuff !! ive seen it up close and personal !! like the whole kiki camarena thing ive know about it since i was a little kid theres a very popular corrido about it !!

+5   

1 year ago '08        #66
tdnupe3 
space
space
Props total: 34655 34 K  Slaps total: 2344 2 K
 mrjam7 said
yeah i am im from a part called michoacan !! little rancho called el agauje !! that area where my dad from is a hot bed for all this narco stuff !! ive seen it up close and personal !! like the whole kiki camarena thing ive know about it since i was a little kid theres a very popular corrido about it !!

1 year ago '05        #67
Muggz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 12080 12 K  Slaps total: 3931 3 K
show is dope. 4 eps in

Last edited by Muggz; 11-17-2018 at 03:50 PM..

1 year ago '11        #68
ricengravy 
space
space
Props total: 2700 2 K  Slaps total: 230 230
Somebody on reddit called Rafa The Mexican Chris Moltisanti and I

that one scene when he rolled up in that suit and the chick was giving him the eyes..

and I just finished but one think that kept me from really liking the show was I disliked both the leads ..especially KiKi I've seen that actor in way too many movies I disliked his character in lol
+5   

1 year ago '04        #69
dat_boi_tj 
space
space
Props total: 3514 3 K  Slaps total: 229 229
 Tastemaker331 said
this sh*t is....uninteresting
Bruh I thought it was just me. Its so just eh. I'm trying to Give it ashot. Nowhere near as good as the others so far.
+2   

1 year ago '04        #70
nitetrain8601 
space
space
Props total: 8426 8 K  Slaps total: 1779 1 K
Y'all a bunch of ignorant whiners. My God.

From the very outset of the show, the writers said this was going to go thru the history of power in the drug trade. Flat out told you dummies.

Yet here you are, 4 seasons in now asking the same fu*kin questions or Makin the same ignorant comments - "where's Chapo? This is boring. x*x shows does it better. "

Then go watch those shows then dummies.

This season does a great job giving you the same balance the previous seasons did. The backstory is great for wanting to find out how and why Mexico came into power.
+20   

1 year ago '07        #71
Deniro732 
space
space
Props total: 6843 6 K  Slaps total: 1354 1 K
Some idiots in here really hating on this show.
2 episodes in and this sh*t is CERTIFIED fu*kING FIREEEEE!
+17   

1 year ago '10        #72
AriGold 
space
space
Props total: 5803 5 K  Slaps total: 1319 1 K
5 episodes in and I like it.
Seeing the Cali brothers and Pablo was great.
Makes we want to go back and watch season 3 again. I've already watched seasons 1 and 2 multiple times.

Edit: Looks like this is it's own season as they have it labeled season 1 instead of season 4.
+1   

1 year ago '04        #73
bigmike123456 
space
space
Props total: 1702 1 K  Slaps total: 75 75
What happen to Félix wife after he bossed up on her, did she just disappear in sinola ?
+1   

1 year ago '15        #74
Still Numskull 
space
space
Props total: 12093 12 K  Slaps total: 3357 3 K
Just realized it got posted yesterday

Bout to binge
+2   

1 year ago '04        #75
Marccoogs19 
space