This is why you need to plan your life when you're in high school and go after your goals

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
100 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 week ago '04        #126
Skilllz 
space
space
Props total: 11362 11 K  Slaps total: 1176 1 K
 bigvandal said
LOL servers and bartenders prob make more than most you dudes....my boy clears 1200 on a reg 4 day week. my wife was serving and would bring home 200-250 cash on a regular night. All depends where you work....your not gonna make that money in Dennys but if your in the right spot you can make bank.
facts

i knew some bartenders in Miami clearing 50-60k a year.
+1   

1 week ago '11        #127
darealvelle 
space
space
Props total: 10354 10 K  Slaps total: 499 499
 Sluggernaut said
Thats happening in Seattle. People making $15 an hr in the service industry. As a result, business stop allowing tips and up-charging all their food.
I do not see a problem with this at all. Eating out is not a necessity, so I would not mind paying a little more on a meal knowing the employees are getting paid properly.

1 week ago '17        #128
Outtabounce 
space
space
Props total: 1243 1 K  Slaps total: 49 49
My high school job was at a restaurant. I got paid $3/hour plus tips. With tips, I averaged around $5 to $6.50 an hour.

1 week ago '19        #129
Airtight 
space
space
Props total: 2880 2 K  Slaps total: 323 323
 darealvelle said
I do not see a problem with this at all. Eating out is not a necessity, so I would not mind paying a little more on a meal knowing the employees are getting paid properly.
It's also completely untrue. People love talking about the Seattle minimum wage that aren't from here. It hasn't affected anything dramatically. My boy runs a cafe and his weekend guy clears an easy hundred in tips for one day. My other friend works at a hotel and always banks in good tips.

Dude can't name one business in Seattle that stopped accepting tips because of the minimum wage.
+1   

1 week ago '07        #130
Luongo 
space
space
Props total: 9830 9 K  Slaps total: 588 588

1 week ago '08        #131
rfessler1 
space
space
Props total: 2904 2 K  Slaps total: 1547 1 K
 d*ckhead said
You act like restaurants are massively profitable. The vast majority are not.

Watch tipping get outlawed and the difference in cost to the restaurant get added onto the cost of the food and see how many of you start whining about 'why should I have to pay for the server if they are doing a bad job' (or those of you who get by as free riders by not even tipping stop going altogether bc they cant afford it anymore/dont want to spend that much). Because thats the other option.
i hear you d*ckhead. cant believe you named yourself that but you do you.

how bout if cooks call us up to get our own food? i can refill my own drink just fine. i can ask my own family if we're ready for desert. im just not sure why i actually "need" a waiter anymore than i need a guy to pump my gas, and you dont see that career around anymore either.

i would rather see more places that can the typical waiter system. plenty of places just call you up to get your food. its a high cost just so someone can pretend they like me and walk 30 steps to get my food.

1 week ago '18        #132
BG704 
space
space
space
Props total: 1020 1 K  Slaps total: 56 56
 bossdon365 said
The practice of tipping began in Tudor England. "By the 17th century, it was expected that overnight guests to private homes would provide sums of money, known as vails, to the host's servants. Soon afterwards, customers began tipping in London coffeehouses and other commercial establishments".
Tipping in the United States was due to Jim Crowe laws.

1 week ago '07        #133
carltouss619 
space
space
Props total: 1714 1 K  Slaps total: 243 243
But she didn't say how much tips she got.

1 week ago '09        #134
jmerl321 
space
space
space
Props total: 353 353  Slaps total: 93 93
The restaurants are running the biggest scam...don't pay the servers and bartenders sh*t and have us tip them...they need to pay them a decent salary so we can be done with all this tipping bullsh*t

1 week ago '04        #135
SickBlitz 
space
space
Props total: 649 649  Slaps total: 146 146
I make almost a G a week bartending around 35/40 hrs

1 week ago '08        #136
fit2bboss 
space
space
Props total: 2199 2 K  Slaps total: 990 990
Wtf she donít need tips she needs to quit ASAP and look for another one. fu*k you paying 10$ for a full week of work disgusting.

1 week ago '07        #137
I_GOT_DAT_PIFF 
space
space
space
Props total: 778 778  Slaps total: 99 99
 Soprano ATL said
If you canít tip, you really couldnít afford to eat there. Stay your a*s at home where you belong.

And no, never worked in a restaurant before or any server position. I just wasnít raised to be a cheap a**hole.
if the restaurant can't pay their staff minimum wage, then they can't afford to be open. and fu*k your stupid a*s opinion.

1 week ago '05        #138
Soprano ATL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 8184 8 K  Slaps total: 880 880
 I_GOT_DAT_PIFF said
if the restaurant can't pay their staff minimum wage, then they can't afford to be open. and fu*k your stupid a*s opinion.

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+74online now  44
Idiot prefers a Rolex and chain over a rental property
94 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+36online now  32