That time Marlo Stanfield held court in booking intake

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
13 comments @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

New replies show every 10 seconds
 4 days ago '12        #101
44wade  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
space
Props total: 23381 23 K  Slaps total: 8010 8 K
 hoodrichmali said
Also unrealistic af
was there embellishment yeah im sure but a real deal k*ller with skills is different.

Most people arent k*llers, then the ones who will do it, are crazy but there is no real skill. Then there are people like Omar character who can, will and are skilled.

I remember the movie unforgiven by clint eastwood, where it shows there were alot of gunslingers in the wild west, but most couldnt hit you if they got first shot right in front of you.

Its a reason why dealers and other gangsters hire certain k*llers. Look at Wayne Perry.
+1   

4 days ago '04        #102
Tikyle2 
space
space
Props total: 3210 3 K  Slaps total: 568 568
 Mickey Ganja said
Best show ever. This is reason i cant take Power seriously
Power is a soap opera, the Wire is a fictional drama based on real life characters and events. They are not even in the same genre. It's like comparing Power to the first season of Narcos. Two totally different genres. The Wire is much better though but it's still apples and oranges.
+3   

4 days ago '04        #103
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 9991 9 K  Slaps total: 1359 1 K
Masterpiece
+1   

4 days ago '05        #104
katalist 
space
space
Props total: 2561 2 K  Slaps total: 411 411
Sad how these Wire threads always turn into talk about how some people hate season 2 lol. Sure it was slower, but that doesn't always been worse, season 2 1added alot of depth to the show imo, was it my fav? No but still a great season imo.
+3   

4 days ago '16        #105
Negusis 
space
space
space
Props total: 14259 14 K  Slaps total: 2165 2 K
 Proveone said
I'd say the difference was that he lived by his own code which he never broke. The essential nature of Omarís character was that of Robin Hood. Omar made a living not by preying on the innocent, but on the predators. He never put his gun on anyone who wasn't in the game, he made his own rules and stuck to them, which is why I think he gets a past for lying on Bird.
That's cute and all, but dude was snitching. You cant rob these dudes and say its in the game, then turn around and snitch on them lol. What part of the game is that?

Dide was a snitch, plain and simple. He'd rob you Monday and tell on you in Wednesday. The definition of an informant.
+2   

4 days ago '19        #106
Pure Energy 
space
space
Props total: 2498 2 K  Slaps total: 376 376
 Capital D said
Cause they’re homos*xuals they’re passionate about that n*gga

That n*ggawas squealing and begging the feds for help that Muslim protection scene with the phone books was so fake
Bruh

It's a tv show, it's nowhere near that serious
+2   

4 days ago '05        #107
lil_boosie 
space
space
Props total: 41 41  Slaps total: 4 4
 P DRILLA said
Season 2 is one of my favorites for all the reasons you mention. it also gave us this scene:

"good day sir"
Fun fact: The big guy @ 0:46 is the real life "DeAndre McCullough" from "The Corner" who was raised in Baltimore around that era. Homie died early at 35 though, sad sh*t.

4 days ago '05        #108
I_REP_VA 
space
space
Props total: 3607 3 K  Slaps total: 404 404
 YoungLito said
A looooot of people hate season 2. Season 1 was straight up gritty street sh*t then seasn 2 was like wtf.
Season 2 set up the rest of the fire seasons 3 and 4.. it was necessary.

Didnít mind it at all.. sure it was slow, but everything tied up at the end.

Season 2 was important.. introduced the Plug.. The Greek.
+4   

4 days ago '18        #109
Playitbyyear 
space
space
space
Props total: 491 491  Slaps total: 145 145
Also season 2 is real life Baltimore politics with corruption and all. All that sh*t was really goin down in Baltimore. Matter fact they just shined a spotlight on all that this year in real time
+3   

4 days ago '16        #110
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 46126 46 K  Slaps total: 10106 10 K
nuccas that talk like that be doing to much

4 days ago '20        #111
Capital D  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11 OP
space
space
space
Props total: 3526 3 K  Slaps total: 3055 3 K
 foshoVoodoo said
nuccas that talk like that be doing to much
Thatís was his first and only time losing it
+1   

3 days ago '11        #112
Optimus Primal 
space
space
Props total: 505 505  Slaps total: 208 208
 DATKIDD121 said
Bruh did u get beat up by some street n*ggas growing up or what? Lol u can't expect us to dislike a character like Marlo who is a straight up k*ller, becuz he k*llED some random mf

If Omar wasnt a robbing a*s k*ller goon himself, the snitch sh*t wouldn't have struck as hard as it did. That and the fact that he said himself that every man gotta have a code. Well people with codes happen to not like the sh*t he pulled

Tattle telling is not restricted to just the streets. Nobody has ever like a squealing a*s rat, or people who bring down others when they get caught

I don't romanticize the criminal life but I NEVER want the trappers to get caught becuz I relate and understand how the streets tie in with everyday life, not just the trappers and gangstas. Everybody tryna eat out here..

Not to mention I can't stand police anyway... I know of some REAL dirty mfs just like the pricks from these shows

Your scope is too narrow.. Gotta look at this sh*t from every angle bruh

Just my 2 cents... Great show tho

"Lol u can't expect us to dislike a character like Marlo who is a straight up k*ller, becuz he k*llED some random mf"

"I don't romanticize the criminal life but I NEVER want the trappers to get caught"

Yeah real logical and coherent argument you have there "bruh".

Not to mention all you took from what i wrote was that i got beat up by street thugs. Say a lot about your comprehension skills and why it was so difficult for you to grasp the actual point of the entire.

Good to know that you think people who r*pe and pillage the very streets you claim to love and hail from dont deserve to be caught and punished. I can tell you arent as real as you claim, because anyone who really loves the streets wouldnt want people poisoning the very people who reside in the streets as well as murdering them simply to profit from their grief and torment. you dont love the streets homie. You love the romanticized thuggery that is the very downfall of said streets and the people.

2 days ago '18        #113
ordoabchao 
space
space
space
Props total: 10999 10 K  Slaps total: 2695 2 K
 booie4 said
I do find it funny how people gloss over Omar snitching.
x100. Ran to the police the minute his boy got k*lled (because of some sh*t Omar initiated). What happened to all that tough guy sh*t???? What happened to the code?

Oh alright.

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 days ago '16        #114
Soo Special OG 
space
space
space
Props total: 23765 23 K  Slaps total: 4976 4 K
 ordoabchao said
x100. Ran to the police the minute his boy got k*lled (because of some sh*t Omar initiated). What happened to all that tough guy sh*t???? What happened to the code?

Oh alright.
what happened to it... did u not watch the show? he k*lled stinkum, he shot weebay, he almost took avon out and he k*lled stringer

he told on 1 person and really he didn't even snitch, he lied

2 days ago '18        #115
ordoabchao 
space
space
space
 Soo Special OG said
what happened to it... did u not watch the show? he k*lled stinkum, he shot weebay, he almost took avon out and he k*lled stringer

he told on 1 person and really he didn't even snitch, he lied
GTFOH. He ran to the police and cooperated, and used the information he received from cooperating to get the drop on Avon and his crew.

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 days ago '16        #116
Soo Special OG 
space
space
space
Props total: 23765 23 K  Slaps total: 4976 4 K
 ordoabchao said
GTFOH. He ran to the police and cooperated, and used the information he received from cooperating to get the drop on Avon and his crew.
he didnt receive information, he saw their pictures on the wall. he went to court on bird after shooting them in season 2. and omar got avon pager number from prop joe. u tryna use that sh*t against him like its rules to war. aint no rules in war u saw that when they tortured brandon

avon gave stringer up to keep his connect and stringer really did snitch on avon. like omar said its the game out there, either play or be played

2 days ago '18        #117
ordoabchao 
space
space
space
 Soo Special OG said
he didnt receive information, he saw their pictures on the wall.
And why was he there in the first place? Oh right. He agreed to talk, told, then used that experience to get a leg up on the Barksdales.

Last edited by ordoabchao; 02-15-2020 at 03:58 PM..

22 hrs ago '04        #118
bibbyboi 
space
space
Props total: 5654 5 K  Slaps total: 668 668
Man I'm rewatching the wire because of this thread and season two was a lot better than I remember. Also Stringer Bell is a much more likable character this time around. I'm only in the middle of season 3 right now, but god damn this show is great. I thought it was great the first time but I thought it was just a nostalgia thing, but it's still flames.

15 hrs ago '18        #119
Playitbyyear 
space
space
space
Props total: 491 491  Slaps total: 145 145
During the filming of the wire Baltimore led all city’s in the USA with 45,000 intravenous drug users. This was before the so called epidemic. No one ever said or cared or even made any noise that Baltimore has more needle users then actual people that live in my city. Poughkeepsie has about 40,000 people and one of the biggest and worst heroin problemwhen the epidemic hit. Since the city is in a wealthier county the feds were used in these cities bc white people (and I’m white) where coming to the city to buy and back about 10 years ago every one and their bro got in on the action and before you know the prices were so low you had dudes from Albany coming down and before you know it they knocked o.t.l. cats from the city up to Rochester and all this sh*t happens bc of politics and what happens to who. You got a judges daughter over dosing on dope then you better believe they gonna find and make an operation and link this to that and conspiracies from drunk rants on tapped phones. My point is they do all this in a small city like mine and hang around for a year a make a big case. But Baltimore is a diff machine. The ports run the sh*t and the feds run the ports in a way so corruption starts from the very tipppy top and trickles down and as long as Baltimore is run by the feds or whatever agency is profiting off those ports then Baltimore will never change. Trump tried to shine a light on that issue and it got made into a race thing. And then dudes house gets robbed and then he dies. Karma is real deal Holyfield
+1   

3 hrs ago '04        #120
bibbyboi 
space
space
Props total: 5654 5 K  Slaps total: 668 668
Also Tommy Carcetti is Pete Buttigieg.

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now