Received this for Christmas Cadillac Xt6 fully loaded

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
136 comments @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 months ago '09        #51
jasperfect 
space
space
Props total: 1715 1 K  Slaps total: 369 369
 catch22 said
Why would you spend an extra $10 for a pasta bowl instead of the soup at a restaurant? Because you want to. You're spending the extra $600 a year because you want the car.

Your initial argument was about specific expenses related to a luxury car which is what I responded to. Purchasing is different; it's not a matter of luxury, but affordance. A top trim Toyota Avalon is only $2k-3k less than a top trim Lexus ES. If you can't afford the ES, you can't afford the Avalon either.

This is what I meant by lifestyle and income in my original post. If you enjoy what the luxury car gives you and it doesn't affect your income much, then go ahead and get it. If any car purchase, luxury or not, is going to have you penny pinching each check, you shouldn't be buying the car period. A decent down payment and good rate can make the difference in finance payments marginal. If you're already good with budgeting and investing, then you should know if the car purchase makes sense for you.

Also, the average consumer doesn't care about savings/investing outside of their 401k and savings account regardless if it sounds like good advice. They aren't going to invest the difference just because a difference exist. That extra $7 at the pump isn't going into an ETF, its going to a Red Bull and Hot Cheetos at the register.
Everything you said is all facts and I realized I was rambling towards the end of my post which is why I said I don't see the value in it but millions of people do. I'm just at a point in where I can afford a luxury car but I feel the money is better used elsewhere in my life. I agree with you most people aren't going to get a cheaper car in order to spend the money wisely

2 months ago '05        #52
gregnice631 
space
space
Props total: 6202 6 K  Slaps total: 300 300
 Lord God said
Keep it factory. No need to waste money on 5 seconds of public appreciation. Nice whip enjoy
This is good advice.
+2   

2 months ago '07        #53
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
space
space
Props total: 125482 125 K  Slaps total: 12970 12 K
 Onetrubeing816 said
In response .....learned that the parts are expensive.....alot of mechanics dont like working on them and if they do they charge an arm and a leg.......tons of electronics so alot more room for electronic failure and damage....more money to fix.....but I love the way they look...they way they smell ...and like I said earlier u dont drive a caddy u float in one.....just not worth the headache to be honest ......also side note ....my cousin is a certified master mechanic and when I took my caddy to him he was like o hell no I'll fix it one time and one time only after that u on your own.
I always have heard that about Cadillac's that's why I never will own one...

But nevertheless, OP's new ride is dope...

+1   

1 month ago '06        #54
Sammyboi22 
space
space
Props total: 1118 1 K  Slaps total: 168 168
 back said
now you know these cars are built to be replaced in 3-4 years.. i worked for a top 5 auto retailer in the us .. lord knows it was clock work how the moms come in and upgrade to a new rr .. the old ones all look like trash after the few years driving all clunky.
You lease high line, buy beer can luxury.

1 month ago '19        #55
NewRoy 
space
space
Props total: 905 905  Slaps total: 54 54
sh*t fire my bro
+1   

1 month ago '15        #56
Teddy KGB 
space
space
Props total: 61755 61 K  Slaps total: 7927 7 K
 jasperfect said
Just off the numbers you stated insurance is 30+ more 30*12=360. Gas is 20*12
=240 that's $600 more a year. Now I can afford $600 more a year but why. Also count the extra 8k-15k just to purchase. If you count the extra $100 or more your paying a month for the car you're paying at minimum $1,800 a year for a car and that's with all numbers rounded down. I bet in reality you're paying $2,000-$2,500 per year more to drive a luxury car. Imagine investing $2,000 more a year. You can take a vacation, start a business, remodel your home. Everyone spends disposable income on things they enjoy. I guess I just don't see the value in luxury cars But millions of people do so there must be something that makes it worth it
You are giving advice as if everyone is on a tight budget.
+1   

1 month ago '09        #57
jasperfect 
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
You are giving advice as if everyone is on a tight budget.
Let's be honest most people are in a tight budget,
Average income in America is less than 50K. It's a fact that over the past few years people have been buying cars they couldn't afford by stretching out the loan to 6-10 year. I just did a quick Google search on Auto loans in default :

According to the data, 6.5 percent of auto finance loans are more than 90 days past due, with only less than 1 percent of loans originated by dealerships in delinquency. The bank says more than 50 percent of auto loans go to subprime borrowers with credit scores less than 620.

IMO I'm just giving advice to the average person. It hurts me to see my people make bad financial decisions.

1 month ago '15        #58
Teddy KGB 
space
space
 jasperfect said
Let's be honest most people are in a tight budget,
Average income in America is less than 50K. It's a fact that over the past few years people have been buying cars they couldn't afford by stretching out the loan to 6-10 year. I just did a quick Google search on Auto loans in default :

According to the data, 6.5 percent of auto finance loans are more than 90 days past due, with only less than 1 percent of loans originated by dealerships in delinquency. The bank says more than 50 percent of auto loans go to subprime borrowers with credit scores less than 620.

IMO I'm just giving advice to the average person. It hurts me to see my people make bad financial decisions.
I've owned only luxury cars for the past 13-14 years or so. one Acura, one Lexus, three BMWs, and two Porsche 911s. Maintenance on them has been largely the same, with the exception of the 911s if you take them to the dealership. Dealership is crazy and will charge you $400 for an oil change. I also own two auto repair shops, and I can tell you that 95% of our customers drive regular cars and spend a lot of money fixing them. There is not really as big a difference as you think. Only when you are talking about very rare and specialized problems like an BMW M5 blowing it's motor are you really in trouble.
+2   

1 month ago '09        #59
jasperfect 
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
I've owned only luxury cars for the past 13-14 years or so. one Acura, one Lexus, three BMWs, and two Porsche 911s. Maintenance on them has been largely the same, with the exception of the 911s if you take them to the dealership. Dealership is crazy and will charge you $400 for an oil change. I also own two auto repair shops, and I can tell you that 95% of our customers drive regular cars and spend a lot of money fixing them. There is not really as big a difference as you think. Only when you are talking about very rare and specialized problems like an BMW M5 blowing it's motor are you really in trouble.
It's all different points of view. If over 5 years I can save 10-15k by driving a regular car then it's worth it to me. Different strokes different folks I guess. Also congrats on owning 2 shops, that's dope.

1 month ago '15        #60
Teddy KGB 
space
space
 jasperfect said
It's all different points of view. If over 5 years I can save 10-15k by driving a regular car then it's worth it to me. Different strokes different folks I guess. Also congrats on owning 2 shops, that's dope.
Thanks.

It’s not $10-15k though. Not unless you are going for the $100k+ cars.

1 month ago '08        #61
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 6264 6 K  Slaps total: 1244 1 K
 Blaffy said

Is that a Real pic? That sh*t look like Trash.
+2   

1 month ago '16        #62
Illogic 
space
space
Props total: 5724 5 K  Slaps total: 4123 4 K
captain toxic go green buy electric

1 month ago '04        #63
LightAndBlaze 
space
space
Props total: 13088 13 K  Slaps total: 425 425
Is it me or do new Cadillacs have a distinct new car smell?

1 month ago '16        #64
stop it 5 
space
space
Props total: 11206 11 K  Slaps total: 11006 11 K
thats not OP car

3 pages for a quick internet flex smh

1 month ago '06        #65
king kum  OP
space
space
Props total: 2144 2 K  Slaps total: 776 776
 stop it 5 said
thats not OP car

3 pages for a quick internet flex smh

Do you want me to post the receipts also buddy

Last edited by king kum; 01-05-2020 at 09:24 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '19        #66
Superman 
space
space
space
Props total: 57 57  Slaps total: 17 17
 Mr X said
Sorry to hear that. Should have got a Tesla.

Driving a Tesla changes your life. Driving a gas burning toxic polluting cadillac does not.
Tesla is trash shut up. All tesla does it change where you fuel your car. Basic tesla trash, sh*tty ride, lame interior, ugly exterior, we good breh.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #67
king kum  OP
space
space

1 month ago '16        #68
stop it 5 
space
space
Props total: 11206 11 K  Slaps total: 11006 11 K
 king kum said

Do you want me to post the receipts also buddy
tell your mom nice whip

we both know that sh*t aint yours fella

keep frontin for some boxden props though

1 month ago '06        #69
king kum  OP
space
space
 stop it 5 said
tell your mom nice whip

we both know that sh*t aint yours fella

keep frontin for some boxden props though
Lol

Last edited by king kum; 01-05-2020 at 10:02 PM..

3 weeks ago '15        #70
katurner 92 
space
space
Props total: 10435 10 K  Slaps total: 1182 1 K
hopefully you leased it but I like those crossovers

put a system in that thang
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #71
katurner 92 
space
space
Props total: 10435 10 K  Slaps total: 1182 1 K
 BLE said
Depends on what you’re looking for america cars offer more auto transmission than foreign But foreign are Pretty dependable, they hold better value.
BMW, Acura, Lexus, infiniti, Volvo?
+1   

3 weeks ago '07        #72
BLE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 6910 6 K  Slaps total: 1970 1 K
 katurner 92 said
BMW, Acura, Lexus, infiniti, Volvo?
Those are good

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT