online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

OG Anunoby to command four years, $160 million in free agency?

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '12        #26
dakid4b 
Props total: 5369 5 K  Slaps total: 1162 1 K
 InfamousJ said 🔗
I'm not arguing he probably will get it because today's NBA salaries for non stars is way overpriced. I'm saying if they pay him that and don't win it or at least make the finals and keep it close the GM won't have his job long. I wouldn't give him anything close to that. His a$s could walk
let the 2nd most important ingredient to succeed walk , you can even make an argument that big defensive wings are even more rare then the superstar you need, crazy talk

2 months ago '18        #27
InfamousJ 
Props total: 10071 10 K  Slaps total: 2228 2 K
 dakid4b said 🔗
not true at all. these are the players that help the superstars finally win. bonafide first options get super max money like what decade are you living in. OG will not come any where near a max or super max contract. i guess the defending champs are idiots for giving a max contract to MPJ or the celtics for having a role player making 35m this year , damn i wonder if these teams are regretting these contracts. i wonder if the timber wolves are idiots for paying mcdaniels all that money when based on the math he has the most valuable contract in the nba. you sir dont know what your talking about
Nah lil n1gga. The truth is your just a dumb, young n1gga. You sound like a damn fool. I've been involved in basketball probably longer than you've been alive
+2   

2 months ago '18        #28
VIMAN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7347 7 K  Slaps total: 645 645
 Meme01 said 🔗
40 Ms for a roleplayer? Hell nah.
With these new tv deals that's honestly prolly about right or even moar

2 months ago '12        #29
dakid4b 
 InfamousJ said 🔗
Bruh wtf are u talking about? It was only 3 or 4 yrs ago that 40 mil a yr was max money. You a real young dude I can tell
right over your head as usual, when i say what decade your in im talking about the importance of the arctype that OG is and how much money they demand because of how rare the are based on the past decade alone. not to mention this convo is based on some random dude saying 40m a year

2 months ago '22        #30
SeanDon122  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 44622 44 K  Slaps total: 3409 3 K
 dakid4b said 🔗
but he already told them he would take a discount, and his agent is leon rose son
emoji
emoji
emoji
+3   

2 months ago '12        #31
dakid4b 
 InfamousJ said 🔗
Nah lil n1gga. The truth is your just a dumb, young n1gga. You sound like a damn fool. I've been involved in basketball probably longer than you've been alive
do you know what inflation means ? do you need to do some research on this? do you think 40m is 40m 4-5 years ago?

2 months ago '22        #32
SeanDon122  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 44622 44 K  Slaps total: 3409 3 K
 VIMAN said 🔗
With these new tv deals that's honestly prolly about right or even moar
40 mil about to be the going rate for starters in a few years

2 months ago '09        #33
GREAT1NE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33917 33 K  Slaps total: 4994 4 K
A deal like this for a role player is gonna ki1l teams when that new hard cap starts
+4   

2 months ago '18        #34
street heat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 20485 20 K  Slaps total: 5616 5 K
the knicks looked scary with him in, but the mofo can't stay healthy for sh1t.
+1   

2 months ago '19        #35
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 190988 190 K  Slaps total: 51765 51 K
 InfamousJ said 🔗
I'm not arguing he probably will get it because today's NBA salaries for non stars is way overpriced. I'm saying if they pay him that and don't win it or at least make the finals and keep it close the GM won't have his job long. I wouldn't give him anything close to that. His a$s could walk
The salary cap says non star players aren’t overpriced and why would they let him walk when thats basically giving away RJ and IQ for free

2 months ago '20        #36
Meme01 
Props total: 5412 5 K  Slaps total: 786 786
 dakid4b said 🔗
right over your head as usual, when i say what decade your in im talking about the importance of the arctype that OG is and how much money they demand because of how rare the are based on the past decade alone. not to mention this convo is based on some random dude saying 40m a year
Nah. The TV deal is nice, but not THAT nice.

40 Ms is still 1st option money.
+2   

2 months ago '12        #37
dakid4b 
 Meme01 said 🔗
Nah. The TV deal is nice, but not THAT nice.

40 Ms is still 1st option money.
what your def of a 1st option is it a star player?

2 months ago '20        #38
Meme01 
Props total: 5412 5 K  Slaps total: 786 786
 dakid4b said 🔗
not true at all. these are the players that help the superstars finally win. bonafide first options get super max money like what decade are you living in. OG will not come any where near a max or super max contract. i guess the defending champs are idiots for giving a max contract to MPJ or the celtics for having a role player making 35m this year , damn i wonder if these teams are regretting these contracts. i wonder if the timber wolves are idiots for paying mcdaniels all that money when based on the math he has the most valuable contract in the nba. you sir dont know what your talking about
MPJ got paid on potential. He was believed to have a star upside.

McDaniels will be getting paid about 27 Ms a year. THAT'S ABOUT WHAT OG IS WORTH! Maybe a smidge more.

As for the Celtics, who are you talking about? Jrue? Jrue was a slight overpay on the Bucks, and he's way overpaid now that he's older. The only reason it doesn't matter isbecause the Celtics are stacked.

If you're talking about Porzingis, then idk what to say. Porzingis is a star player moonlighting as a 3rd option.
+3   

2 months ago '06        #39
BigRed912 
Props total: 13502 13 K  Slaps total: 1912 1 K
If he can stay healthy give it to him…the entire league is overpaid with the exception of a few so what difference does it make.
+1   

2 months ago '24        #40
nTheKnickOfTime 
Props total: 886 886  Slaps total: 706 706
 Armstrong 102 said 🔗
Hahahaha ya homie OG getting 30+ not from nyk no problem somebody will. Us raps fans told you New Yorkers how he was going to be injured and ask for top money. He's getting 30+ for sure or he would opt in but he's not opting in his contract for 28mil, he wants more than 30. Masai knew this and knew he wasn't worth it
he will opt in

2 months ago '24        #41
nTheKnickOfTime 
Props total: 886 886  Slaps total: 706 706
 Armstrong 102 said 🔗
Hahahaha ya homie OG getting 30+ not from nyk no problem somebody will. Us raps fans told you New Yorkers how he was going to be injured and ask for top money. He's getting 30+ for sure or he would opt in but he's not opting in his contract for 28mil, he wants more than 30. Masai knew this and knew he wasn't worth it
rap fans told me tor was gonna make the playoffs with rj and quickly(whos leaving in fa)

2 months ago '16        #42
Jax 
Props total: 5453 5 K  Slaps total: 672 672
Knicks got no choice but to resign him. That would be terribly damning on Leon Rose if OG ended up signing somewhere else. For him trading RJ and Quickley for what most likely will be just 17 games of OG and not even being available for the playoffs.

Its a super risky conundrum whether to sign him or not. When he's healthy, hes an absolute difference maker for the team and a perfect fit. But the guys missed a lot of games the past several years due to injury and that contract can turn into an albatross.
Best ability is availability. OG holds all the leverage in this case.

2 months ago '11        #43
Gamemusic 
Props total: 25532 25 K  Slaps total: 2260 2 K
 dakid4b said 🔗
but he already told them he would take a discount, and his agent is leon rose son
Kirk Cousins told the Vikings management and fans the same thing....
+2   

2 months ago '07        #44
joshdogg26  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 34168 34 K  Slaps total: 4503 4 K
lmfao get your money, pimp. always root for my IU guys.

2 months ago '21        #45
Thtgiraffeneck 
Props total: 12378 12 K  Slaps total: 4393 4 K
Knicks lost
emoji

2 months ago '12        #46
CaLis LEGACY 
Props total: 10436 10 K  Slaps total: 1399 1 K
Anyone that signs him will be taking the risk ....if I was him ill sign with the lakers and win a chip
emoji
the payday will come after that chip
emoji

2 months ago '20        #47
wargasm12 
Props total: 2226 2 K  Slaps total: 332 332
Brunson and Randle both make about $25 mill
Donte and DiVincenzo getting about $12 mill each

How can you justify making OG the highest-paid player on the team based on a few good games he had right before sitting out for elbow surgery?

Also, Achiuwa and Hartenstein will be seeking a bag next season as well.

Let him walk.....
+2   

2 months ago '08        #48
topshotta22 
Props total: 2475 2 K  Slaps total: 110 110
He's worth it

2 months ago '10        #49
jmheight1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 47148 47 K  Slaps total: 7193 7 K
Games played the past 4 seasons 43, 48, 67, 44 (So far). Can't stay on the court.
+3   

2 months ago '06        #50
Supreme7 
Props total: 12108 12 K  Slaps total: 2176 2 K
 stanis3k said 🔗
That actually sounds like a reasonable deal
emoji
+2   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+2210
Yeah Aubrey that's the one we trusted Not this new Aubrey with his stomach scu..
42 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+577
Video inside Terrence Howard is either having a schizophrenic break or he's the smar..
283 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
May 21 - Pennsylvania teen suffers heart attack after drinking Panera's Charge..
70 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
props+403
Fake alpha male tries and fails to intimidate man
174 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish