The Tragic History of Shenmue

most viewed right now
+23  129
130 comments @sports
most viewed right now
+22  86
23 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '06        #26
Michael 785 heat pts785
space
space
$89,262 | Props total: 23992 23992
 Vega said
And it’ll remain tragic since they fu*ked over their kickstarter supporters lol

Genesis will always be the GOAT console to me.

Sega just never capitalized on that success and let Sony take their niche in the market.

Every game Sega had, Sony had. Virtual f*ghter vs Tekken etc
Virtual f*ghter was horrible.

2 weeks ago '17        #27
Tony Outlaw 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,761 | Props total: 3139 3139
Amazing game.

Does a good Dreamcast emulator exist for PC? I would love to finally play that game through fully lol.

That damn game made Sega go bankrupt because they wasn't aware of how much when into the creation of it. The money they spent making it they couldn't make back by way of sales.

Vega said
And it’ll remain tragic since they fu*ked over their kickstarter supporters lol

Genesis will always be the GOAT console to me.

Sega just never capitalized on that success and let Sony take their niche in the market.

Every game Sega had, Sony had. Virtual f*ghter vs Tekken etc
To you but Playstation 2 is the best and that could be backed up by sales statistics.

Playstation 2 is the undisputed champ and took gaming to the next level if you ask me.

Edit:Also Dead or Alive > Virtua f*ghter

Dead or Alive should have been a Sega exclusive but they didn't buy up the rights.

Last edited by Tony Outlaw; 06-13-2019 at 12:16 PM..

2 weeks ago '17        #28
SPdaGOAT 31 heat pts31 OP
space
space
$16,991 | Props total: 35950 35950
 Tony Outlaw said
Amazing game.

Does a good Dreamcast emulator exist for PC? I would love to finally play that game through fully lol.

That damn game made Sega go bankrupt because they wasn't aware of how much when into the creation of it. The money they spent making it they couldn't make back by way of sales.

To you but Playstation 2 is the best and that could be backed up by sales statistics.

Playstation 2 is the undisputed champ and took gaming to the next level if you ask me.
I been using redream, been decent so far
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #29
BraveSoleXIII 
space
space
space
$2,028 | Props total: 2666 2666
damn, how are those graphics that bad? what year is it?

4 days ago '13        #30
rifair 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,465 | Props total: 3185 3185
Ppl keep crying because it's not on their favorite store either buy it or don't or better yet make sure the devs get a better cut of revenue

4 days ago '05        #31
Gian08 
space
space
space
$460 | Props total: 14 14

[video - click to view]

4 days ago '18        #32
Dehone 
space
space
$3,668 | Props total: 11190 11190
 SPdaGOAT said
n*ggas donated what they was gonna pay for the game anyways lol.

The narratives behind this game are hilarious
I lurk on the official shenmue fan forum and a lot of those dudes donated several hundred to thousands of dollars. On top of that, many of them have preordered 4, 5, 6+ copies. I saw one dude say he preordered 13 copies

3 days ago '05        #33
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,560 | Props total: 6893 6893
 MrTripleDouble said
Shenmue was an unbelievable game. I liked how emotional and melancholic it was, the music really set that tone. Ryo wasn't angry and full of vengeance he was sad, depressed but was hopeful and kept pushing to find to find Lan Di and bring honor to his family.

It was immersive and fun. I can see people being upset by the lack of action but it was more than that. 80's Japan looked so dope. Graphics were ahead of it's time. Game was incredibly expensive to make and Sega ran out of money and the game literally bankrupted the company. Shenmue had the potential to be the GOAT game series, up there with Final Fantasy but couldn't. Dreamcast didn't sell well either, so it was impossible to make a profit because there weren't enough consoles to support it. Shenmue is the GOAT that's not the GOAT.
Well said. Lotta people not feeling this y’all dont know this game was dope when it came out. Immersive as fu*k you were living an actual life in the game.
+3   

3 days ago '16        #34
space
space
space
$222 | Props total: 862 862
 MrTripleDouble said
Shenmue was an unbelievable game. I liked how emotional and melancholic it was, the music really set that tone. Ryo wasn't angry and full of vengeance he was sad, depressed but was hopeful and kept pushing to find to find Lan Di and bring honor to his family.

It was immersive and fun. I can see people being upset by the lack of action but it was more than that. 80's Japan looked so dope. Graphics were ahead of it's time. Game was incredibly expensive to make and Sega ran out of money and the game literally bankrupted the company. Shenmue had the potential to be the GOAT game series, up there with Final Fantasy but couldn't. Dreamcast didn't sell well either, so it was impossible to make a profit because there weren't enough consoles to support it. Shenmue is the GOAT that's not the GOAT.
We didn’t get get sh*t done for days lmao. We just passed the Dreamcast controller and opened every drawer and cabinet we could. Called phone numbers, raced forklifts. sh*t was fun as hell then. It’s comparably trash now, but it was unthinkable then.

Last edited by 123456789; 06-24-2019 at 01:07 AM..
+2   

3 days ago '04        #35
diamond4981 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,243 | Props total: 898 898
Shenmue creator wanted to drag the story on like past multiple games deep. Story wise he never intended for you to caught up with Lan Di until maybe 4 or 5 games in the way he originally pitched it.
+1   

2 days ago '05        #36
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,560 | Props total: 6893 6893
 123456789 said
We didn’t get get sh*t done for days lmao. We just passed the Dreamcast controller and opened every drawer and cabinet we could. Called phone numbers, raced forklifts. sh*t was fun as hell then. It’s comparably trash now, but it was unthinkable then.
n*gga when you had to go see the foreman at the docks and get a job moving boxes with a forklift, i was like this is the realest game I gotta actually go to work, get off, go home and do the same sh*t the next day
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+43online now  52
Image(s) inside Dubai Visitor
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  36
Video inside Cardi B responds to people saying she's not black because she speaks Sp..
528 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  27
Video inside Grant Cardone: Buying Your House is One of the Dumbest Investments You ..
79 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+18online now  9
Article inside NYPD: Demond Amofah aka Etika has been found deceased
223 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy