Beyond meat 1st earnings call since IPO Thursday

most viewed right now
+16  137
113 comments @sports
most viewed right now
+108  102
117 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 7 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '11        #1
5002 page views
20 comments

Sin 2141 heat pts2141
space
space
$31,495 | Props total: 95292 95292
Beyond meat 1st earnings call since IPO Thursday

When meat-alternative maker Beyond Meat (BYND) reports its first quarterly earnings as a public company on Thursday, the results will come as analysts parse out how much potential has already been priced into Beyond Meat stock.

Wall Street expects the company — which makes plant-based burgers and sausages that try to match the taste and texture of the real thing — to report a loss of 15 cents per share, based on one analyst estimate on Yahoo Finance. Revenue was seen coming in at $40 million. Estimates were unavailable from Zacks Investment Research.

The Beyond Meat earnings report arrives in the wake of a scorching run higher for the company after its IPO last month.

That ascent has been helped by some bullish calls from analysts, who say the company stands to gain as more wellness-minded customers seek alternatives to meat — at grocery stores and at fast-food chains alike. Del Taco (TACO) has begun serving Beyond Meat's plant-based ground beef.

Restaurant Brands International's (QSR) Burger King wants to sell plant-based Whopper patties from rival Impossible Foods nationwide. Tim Hortons, which Restaurant Brands also owns, said it would test Beyond Meat's plant-based sausages in breakfast sandwiches.

Caution Ahead Of Beyond Meat Earnings

But as Beyond Meat stock rises, so have expectations ahead of the company's report. Wall Street will likely be looking for an upbeat financial outlook from the company.

"Given the high bar, we suspect simply reaffirming BYND's outlook would be met with disappointment by the market," Jefferies analyst Kevin Grundy said in a research note on Friday.

He said that during Beyond Meat's earnings call, he would be watching for any details on the company's efforts to strengthen distribution in U.S. retail outlets, where the company often tries to place its fake-meat products next to real meat in grocery stores.

Grundy said he would also be looking for insights on the performance of Beyond Meat's food-service business. And he said he'd be listening for more on management's view of the competitive landscape and its ability to handle demand, should a large fast-food company like McDonald's (MCD) start selling Beyond Meat products.

McDonald's, during its earnings call last month, said it was "paying close attention" to plant-based proteins.

Beyond Meat Stock Continues Climb

Beyond Meat stock priced at 25 ahead of its Nasdaq debut last month. Since then, the recent IPO has more than quadrupled, setting a new intraday high of 108.67 Monday before reversing to close down 7.6% at 96.16 on the stock market today. By comparison, highly anticipated IPOs like Uber (UBER), Lyft (LYFT) and Pinterest (PINS) have seen shares stumble out of the gate.

Last week, Beyond Meat stock broke out of an IPO-base buy point of 96.88. But with the market outlook in correction, investors should be extremely wary about buying and should instead focus on building watch lists for when the market recovers.

The recent rally in Beyond Meat stock has given the company a market value of more than $6 billion. But the Composite Rating is a mediocre 79 out of a best-possible 99.

The company's bottom line is still in the red, as it tries to expand. The stock's EPS Rating, a gauge of a company's ability to grow profits, is a weak 13.

McDonald's edged 0.3% higher on Monday. Restaurant Brands fell 1%, and was below its 50-day line. Del Taco gave up 2.1%, slipping below its 200-day line and testing support at its 50-day.

Best-Case Scenario For Beyond Meat Stock?

The company's stock-market ascent has been buoyed by optimism from some analysts. JPMorgan analyst Ken Goldman last week called the growth opportunity for the company "extraordinary," as he gave Beyond Meat stock an overweight rating with a 97 price target.

Earlier last month, Bernstein analyst Alexia Howard said Beyond Meat's sales could reach $2 billion in 2028 even if it grabs a mere 5% of the U.S.' plant-based meat industry. Howard began coverage of Beyond Meat stock with an outperform rating and an 81 price target.

Other analysts say that despite a solid business, the valuation of Beyond Meat stock already reflects years of gains.

"Beyond's R&D capabilities, purpose-driven branding, and early inroads with top restaurants and grocers give it a significant head start in this high-potential market," Credit Suisse analyst Robert Moskow said in a research note last week.

"However, we think the stock's valuation already factors in a best-case scenario for the company's growth rate over the next six years without taking into account typical near-term execution risk for early-stage startup companies," he continued.

visit this link https://www.investors.com .. nd-meat-stock/
+3   

20 comments for "Beyond meat 1st earnings call since IPO Thursday"

3 weeks ago '06        #2
datVAkid 45 heat pts45
space
space
$18,539 | Props total: 13582 13582
Made 60 dollars off of buying 4 shares
+4   

3 weeks ago '09        #3
autotm 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,267 | Props total: 810 810
I may buy some when it pulls back out of overvalued territory.

3 weeks ago '13        #4
noob101 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$392 | Props total: 317 317
WOW. i'll wait the dump
+1   

3 weeks ago '11        #5
Sin 2141 heat pts2141 OP
space
space
 noob101 said
WOW. i'll wait the dump
This canít be sustainable they literally only sell two products that arenít even profitable

I canít understand the $100 price

3 weeks ago '13        #6
noob101 4 heat pts
space
space
space
 Sin said
This canít be sustainable they literally only sell two products that arenít even profitable

yeah, it's too high and the market gonna take a big dump soon
+1   

3 weeks ago '11        #7
Sin 2141 heat pts2141 OP
space
space
 noob101 said
yeah, it's too high and the market gonna take a big dump soon
it beat expectations and went higher

[tweet - click to view]

+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #8
smurfdoran 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$3,115 | Props total: 483 483
 Sin said

So we still waiting on that dump?
+1   

3 weeks ago '11        #9
Sin 2141 heat pts2141 OP
space
space
 smurfdoran said
So we still waiting on that dump?
the estimated price for their value is around $25-30

tyson foods stock is $72 a share
+1   

3 weeks ago '08        #10
Rebuild Mode 59 heat pts59
space
space
$35,083 | Props total: 15848 15848
 Sin said
the estimated price for their value is around $25-30

tyson foods stock is $72 a share
Tyson has 5-6x more shares outstanding though. Share price is irrelevant, it's the market cap that matters.
+1   

3 weeks ago '06        #11
datVAkid 45 heat pts45
space
space
$18,539 | Props total: 13582 13582
 Sin said

I'm up 130 now... dobt know if I should hold it or not

I was up 235 with jamia and then lost 250 -_-
+2   

3 weeks ago '11        #12
Sin 2141 heat pts2141 OP
space
space
 Rebuild Mode said
Tyson has 5-6x more shares outstanding though. Share price is irrelevant, it's the market cap that matters.
Beyond meat sells two products vs Tyson’s hundreds

And the patties sell for almost $8 for two

Last edited by Sin; 06-06-2019 at 05:59 PM..

3 weeks ago '11        #13
Sin 2141 heat pts2141 OP
space
space
 datVAkid said

I really have no clue I never thought it would go this high
+1   

3 weeks ago '13        #14
noob101 4 heat pts
space
space
space
 Sin said
@ @

I see it going down to 93-90 then back up to 108-110
Not financial advise
@ @

Last edited by noob101; 06-06-2019 at 07:08 PM..
+2   

3 weeks ago '08        #15
Rebuild Mode 59 heat pts59
space
space
$35,083 | Props total: 15848 15848
 Sin said
Beyond meat sells two products vs Tyson’s hundreds

And the patties sell for almost $8 for two
It's a completely different meat product. It's like comparing Tesla to GM or Ford because they all sell cars, but Tesla is valued like a tech company because their car is completely different. It's an all electric, higher end vehicle. Beyond's patties are plant based healthier alternatives. Healthy foods are always more expensive.

But my point was that the share price is irrelevant and you can't compare the two that way, it's the wrong metric. Tyson's share price is lower because they have 6x more shares outstanding. If they were to remove those shares from the market and have the O/S equivalent of BYND then Tyson's stock price would be like $450.

Same thing with UBER and LYFT. Same business and Uber is a much larger company than Lyft, yet LYFT's share price is higher. It has nothing to do with the valuation. Uber just raised more capital by selling way more shares than Lyft did.
+1   

3 weeks ago '07        #16
Captain Fresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
$15,531 | Props total: 18093 18093
 datVAkid said

I bought a couple shares a month ago too I'm wondering the same.
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #17
autotm 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,267 | Props total: 810 810
 Captain Fresh said
I bought a couple shares a month ago too I'm wondering the same.
sh*t just jump 20% better get out now
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #18
Sin 2141 heat pts2141 OP
space
space
 3rd World said
n*ggas live off hype

[pic - click to view]

lol
I feel like if i buy in tomorrow it will automatically sink
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #19
Sammyboi22 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,872 | Props total: 702 702
 Sin said

Probably hoping some major players pick up the products giving. Them access to being able to manufacture at a lower cost and increase margins. Imagine if McDonalds inked a deal with them (and you know that sh*ts been discussed) they would be able to use that investment to buy in bulk, build larger factories, etc.
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #20
Sin 2141 heat pts2141 OP
space
space
 Sammyboi22 said
Probably hoping some major players pick up the products giving. Them access to being able to manufacture at a lower cost and increase margins. Imagine if McDonalds inked a deal with them (and you know that sh*ts been discussed) they would be able to use that investment to buy in bulk, build larger factories, etc.
They’ve rumored that McDonald will make a deal with them like Burger King did with the impossible burger

White Castle been selling the impossible burger for awhile now

Personally I’m hoping Wendy’s does because i already own their stock

But McDonald debuted a veggie burger in Germany in April

[tweet - click to view]

Last edited by Sin; 06-10-2019 at 05:35 PM..

Home      

most viewed right now
+40online now  55
Image(s) inside Dubai Visitor
44 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  51
Video inside Cardi B responds to people saying she's not black because she speaks Sp..
522 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  34
Video inside Grant Cardone: Buying Your House is One of the Dumbest Investments You ..
76 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+18online now  10
Article inside NYPD: Demond Amofah aka Etika has been found deceased
223 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy