Is LL the GOAT?

view more...

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 4 days ago '18        #26
brooklynzfinest 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,452 | Props total: 3564 3564
Guess I'm the only older n*gga to think LL was just a good rapper...

his music didn't age well and I don't count his endorsements, fashion, TV hosting, or fame in an argument about GOAT

and for dude who mentioned his era, I'ma say Rakim, Kane, and GRap all had better music
+5   

4 days ago '18        #27
space
space
space
 ClustyMolecules said
"Watch the GOAT with a ghost writer get slaughtered by a Tiger"

F8ck him FOR LIFE for blackballing the God and making him go insane
LOL, I definitely ain't respect that move at all....he didn't take his "L" like a man...he bi*ched up and confirmed everything Canibus was saying about him on 2nd round knockout.

Make your wife get on the horn, call minister Farrakhan
So he could persuade me to squash it; I say, naw, he started it
He forgot what a hardcore artist is

+1   

4 days ago '18        #28
oldfoot 
space
space
space
$261 | Props total: 529 529
 DiegoRivera said
He played his part and laid down groundwork for generations to build upon.

And they did just that.

You can't take his legacy away from him but he's been passed up a hundred times over. Take LL's hardest song and tell me it doesn't sound black and white next to a high definition Kendrick song. n*ggas is rapping better now, that's just how it goes.
Kendrick Lamar is 5 foot nothin and could win a Kevin Hart look alike contest
He's soft and cuddly like a paddington bear for these white people who destroyed hiphop

The way they have hiphop now, you've either got to be:
- non threatening and half a f*g
- white as fu*k
- a degenerate hooligan who brags/lies about selling poison and disrespects black women

this is their plan

LL Cool J was a dominant positive brother who had strength and confidence

I respect your opinion, but Kendrick wouldn't have made the cut in those times imo

4 days ago '18        #29
space
space
space
I usually agree with ur opinions old foot, but think this one is way off.

K.dot is a beast in any era and doesn't have any of the characteristics you laid out...he's actually quite the opposite, which is why he'd stand out in any era. I don't think his height much matters either lol
+1   

4 days ago '05        #30
_Player2 286 heat pts286
space
space
space
$15,157 | Props total: 15167 15167
 Flippa Huxtable said
Not many rappers had a better career than LL
Jay, Nas, Snoop, Wayne and Em are the only ones you can debate
Snoop doesn't come close to LL's career musically

4 days ago '18        #31
oldfoot 
space
space
space
 DiegoRivera said
Jay-Z is married to Beyonce, they are both close to the fu*king Obamas, collectively are a billionaire family, has the most grammys out of any rapper ( tied with his protegé), his first album in 1996 went platinum and his latest album in 2018 went platinum.

I know n*ggas are trying to give LL his just due because people don't give it to him like that in this era like they used to but he's BEEN passed up. When it comes to relevancy Jay-Z at the very least runs him, as do a small handful of others.
Jay-Z is a big pus*y compared to LL Cool J

Reason I say that is he got in the game standing next to jaz in hawaiian sophie like a flunky, then he spit rhymes with biggie ,,,
and then when biggie died he slid quietly into the top spot

LL Cool J rolled dolo and kicked the door in at age 16 in no one's shadow
no one had to die for him to ascend
+1   

4 days ago '18        #32
BLKExcellence92 3 heat pts
space
space
$127 | Props total: 220 220
 DiegoRivera said
Jay-Z is married to Beyonce, they are both close to the fu*king Obamas, collectively are a billionaire family, has the most grammys out of any rapper ( tied with his protegé), his first album in 1996 went platinum and his latest album in 2018 went platinum.

I know n*ggas are trying to give LL his just due because people don't give it to him like that in this era like they used to but he's BEEN passed up. When it comes to relevancy Jay-Z at the very least runs him, as do a small handful of others.
Fair enough.

But I guess I'm looking at this from different markets. Yes, Jay-Z is still very relevant in music and in business, no one can deny that...but on the flipside... LL is still extremely relevant in mainstream media such as Television and being a media personality. There are people out there who only know LL from NCIS: LA or from Lipsync Battle.. so i think LL is still very relevent..just not in music like Jay. Jay-Z also has more profitable business ventures..Outside of his fitness book.. I cant think of one think that LL has owned.
+1   

4 days ago '18        #33
oldfoot 
space
space
space
 brooklynzfinest said
and for dude who mentioned his era, I'ma say Rakim, Kane, and GRap all had better music
On wikipedia or whatever you could get the impression that they're contemporaries but LL is krush groove era and paved the way for those artists even though they're just a few years apart

i hear what you're saying though
+1   

4 days ago '18        #34
oldfoot 
space
space
space
 brooklynzfinest said
I usually agree with ur opinions old foot, but think this one is way off.

K.dot is a beast in any era and doesn't have any of the characteristics you laid out...he's actually quite the opposite, which is why he'd stand out in any era. I don't think his height much matters either lol
salute bro!

i'm not familiar enough with him - i know he's one of the most talented in a long time by most accounts ..

i just don't know if he could rock gold in the hood

4 days ago '18        #35
space
space
space
 oldfoot said
On wikipedia or whatever you could get the impression that they're contemporaries but LL is krush groove era and paved the way for those artists even though they're just a few years apart

i hear what you're saying though
hahaha, when I made the post, in the back of my mind I was like I know someone's gonna correct me on the technicalities!

LOL@k dot not being able to rock gold though! Probably true. In the late 80s and 90s, rocking any shines made u a target. I remember when I was 14 and had a lil 10 karat chain and a pendant and some n*gga clearly in his late 20s tried to snatch my sh*t when I was coming off the bus. n*gga actually got off the bus and chased me...I was usain bolt on that n*gga tho, he ain't know I was jamaican ...even funnier was that I laughed at dude when he stopped running and he saw and started chasing again...and got dipped on, again ...don't know what the n*gga would have done if he caught me lol

Kdot grew up rough tho in compton...if ur tryna listen to anything of him to get introduced, I say check out section 80 and/or good kid maad city. I promise you'll have a new found respect for him.

4 days ago '12        #36
5E8FW 
space
space
space
$9,608 | Props total: 7281 7281
Kendrick would've been Native Tongues.

People need to stop fu*king around with LL's legacy. LL is the GOAT. He dominated in the golden era. The best era.

It was LL, a mic, a Kangol, a producer, and a dream. And people had to actually rap. He didn't have like 20 producers sending him hot tracks to pick from.

He went in with a production team and/ or a producer and set the world on fire with concepts, rhymes, metaphors, flows. He authored so much sh*t. That's why he's so respected. The greatest.
+1   

4 days ago '13        #37
DiegoRivera 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,665 | Props total: 19290 19290
 oldfoot said
He's soft and cuddly like a paddington bear for these white people who destroyed hiphop

- white as fu*k
- a degenerate hooligan who brags/lies about selling poison and disrespects black women

this is their plan

I respect your opinion, but Kendrick wouldn't have made the cut in those times imo
Yo you're weird homie
+2   

4 days ago '18        #38
oldfoot 
space
space
space
 brooklynzfinest said
hahaha, when I made the post, in the back of my mind I was like I know someone's gonna correct me on the technicalities!

LOL@k dot not being able to rock gold though! Probably true. In the late 80s and 90s, rocking any shines made u a target. I remember when I was 14 and had a lil 10 karat chain and a pendant and some n*gga clearly in his late 20s tried to snatch my sh*t when I was coming off the bus. n*gga actually got off the bus and chased me...I was usain bolt on that n*gga tho, he ain't know I was jamaican ...even funnier was that I laughed at dude when he stopped running and he saw and started chasing again...and got dipped on, again ...don't know what the n*gga would have done if he caught me lol

Kdot grew up rough tho in compton...if ur tryna listen to anything of him to get introduced, I say check out section 80 and/or good kid maad city. I promise you'll have a new found respect for him.
boxcova
yuh fava mazzarati dont it

4 days ago '13        #39
DiegoRivera 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,665 | Props total: 19290 19290
 oldfoot said

- white as fu*k

this is their plan

Also let's not forget when LL said "RIP Robert E. Lee" and "If you don't judge my gold chains, I'll forget the iron chains" and "if you don't judge my doo rag, I won't judge your red flag"

[video - click to view]

4 days ago '04        #40
Dash 154 heat pts154
space
space
space
$11,882 | Props total: 31353 31353
sry but as a writer or rapper he ain't on nas level

4 days ago '18        #41
space
space
space
 oldfoot said
boxcova
yuh fava mazzarati dont it
hahaha yuh si mi

4 days ago '18        #42
GDFOLKS 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$41 | Props total: 112 112
Nah..Maybe GOAT to the bi*ches.

I respect LL's longevity in the game but I have personally never thought he was a God MC..,,even back in the 80s.

4 days ago '10        #43
ARosary 50 heat pts50
space
space
$10,619 | Props total: 4362 4362
Ironically him & KGR learned how to rhyme from the same person (silver fox)

KGR my greatest rapper all time, KA favorite rapper all time, & LL is most successful rapper all time.

80s LL was fu*king crazy. Sun was destroying sh*t before I was born

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+34online now  59
Video inside Dude Explains How He Stayed With His Unfaithful Woman Only For Her To C..
152 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+72online now  51
Image(s) inside Vegan or are you still eating meat?
32 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+45online now  43
Gawd Damn!! 🤯🤯😵👉👉🍑🍗..
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-38online now  19
So.. Tyler The Creator is Jaden Smith's Boyfriend
167 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  12
Image(s) inside Nov 11 - Why Scientists Were Freaking Out Abt 'Object frm Afar' that ..
39 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+51online now  11
Video inside R Kelly doing R Kelly things again
121 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside Nov 10 - Black Repub woman warns Trump he better not get into it w/ Mi..
23 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+17online now  7
BOX Nicole "hoopz" alexander vs natalie d | full video of celebrity boxing ..
61 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy