Gaethje expects to fight Barboza next...

most viewed right now
+37  63
57 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

5 days ago '12        #1
177 page views
11 comments

Gramz 782 heat pts782
space
space
$20,107 | Props total: 20172 20172
Gaethje expects to f!ght Barboza next...

Truth be told, Justin Gaethje is pretty unhappy going into 2019. He feels like the system played him, and there's nothing he can do about it now.

Rewind five months, Gaethje was supposed to f!ght Al Iaquinta in a UFC f!ght Night main event -- but Iaquinta withdrew from the bout, because he wanted to renegotiate his contract. Gaethje went on to f!ght the lower-ranked James Vick and won via first-round knockout.

Meanwhile, Iaquinta managed to restructure his deal and agreed to f!ght Kevin Lee in December. He won by decision and catapulted ahead of Gaethje in the rankings.

So, the way Gaethje sees it, not only did Iaquinta leave him at the altar back in August, he actually benefited from doing so. Gaethje wants nothing more than to re-book the Iaquinta f!ght for March, but he knows the chances of Iaquinta agreeing to it are slim.

"I'm f---ing pissed, man," Gaethje told ESPN. "I'm pissed about a lot of things. I've been involved in f!ght of the Year the last two years, and that's all f---ing cool and it sounds good to fans, but I don't get a damn thing for that.

"It's bulls---. NFL players get bonuses for sacks, completions, rushing yards, whatever. I go out and put it on the line like I do, and I pretty much get s--- on."

All that said, Gaethje (19-2) knows if he sits around and waits for the UFC or other lightweights to feel sorry for him, he'll be waiting a long time. The 30-year-old says he's ready to get back to work, and says his next opponent will probably be Edson Barboza.

Barboza is up there," Gaethje said. "He's a scary f!ght, but I like being scared. And that's a f!ght that me, as a fan, would want to see. I know how much fans would love something like that. So, I'll go out there and try to finish that dude with leg kicks.

"I'm trying to create a legacy, and you don't create a legacy by b----ing. I'll f!ght the next in line. Whoever they send me a contract for, I'll f!ght him."

In addition to his frustration with the rankings, Gaethje says he spoke to the UFC following his latest win against Vick and asked to modify his contract to receive his entire purse up front. His current deal consists of a show purse and a win bonus.

Because of his reputation as one of the most entertaining f!ghters in the world, Gaethje believes he should receive his entire purse, regardless of whether he wins or loses. He said the UFC did not grant the request, but the conversation still went well.

"They should say, 'Yes, you deserve it, congratulations,' and put it all over the media," Gaethje said. "Let everyone know there is a way to achieve that. They should use me as an example for that -- but I'm pretty biased when it comes to myself.

"The conversation was good. They respect what I do and they pay me a lot of money. That's the truth. But I've also earned every bit of it."

All frustrations aside, Gaethje is ready to step back in the Octagon by March. And one way or another, he intends to right the wrongs he saw in the Iaquinta situation.

"If I have to go out and f--- up Barboza, I'll do it," Gaethje said. "And one day, I'm either going to make Al quit or he's going to have to f!ght me. That m-----f----- has to f!ght me at some point."

visit this link http://www.espn.com/mma/s .. dy-stand-f!ght

+6   

11 comments for "Gaethje expects to fight Barboza next..."

5 days ago '16        #2
SeanFiero 172 heat pts172
space
space
space
$5,866 | Props total: 12920 12920
Do the stanky leg championship

+1   

5 days ago '06        #3
StillFree28 43 heat pts43
space
space
$22,119 | Props total: 7740 7740
Could the human CTE sponge absorb a spinning head kick from Barboza?
I'm interested in finding out.
+6   

5 days ago '05        #4
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,494 | Props total: 2964 2964
I like this f!ght..

Barbosa been on a hella bad streak lately.
+1   

5 days ago '05        #5
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
$15,124 | Props total: 2266 2266
Either Barboza ends up getting starched quickly due to Gaethje's forward pressure and heavy right hand, or Gaethje gets sniped from distance with leg/body kicks and loses a 30-27 UD.

EIther way, they should book this goddamn f!ght.
+1   

5 days ago '08        #6
triznathaniel 43 heat pts43
space
space
$6,156 | Props total: 1747 1747
Style matchup is tailor-made for Edson's style... But Gaethje has the heart of a champion and a deep darkness to his soul when the cage door closes, god bless him
+2   

4 days ago '06        #7
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,345 | Props total: 578 578
Barbosa vs Gaethje in Philly .. gimmie gimmie
+1   

4 days ago '06        #9
kmstokes 
space
space
$11,293 | Props total: 2272 2272
Gaethe vs Barboza is a great idea for espn
+1   

3 days ago '16        #10
ahonui06 1623 heat pts1623
space
space
$38,476 | Props total: 76843 76843
Iaquinta ducked Gaethje like a bi*ch

Gaethje is right

3 days ago '18        #11
Rugby Jones 
space
space
$484 | Props total: 2052 2052
Didn't he get f!ght of the night bonuses for thwm f!ghts?

Y is he saying he got nothing ?

Him vs barbazooka on espn = classic

3 days ago '09        #12
AC SLATER 73 heat pts73
space
space
$53,025 | Props total: 21760 21760
 ahonui06 said
Iaquinta ducked Gaethje like a bi*ch

Gaethje is right
I think Iaquinta beats Gaethje (and he knows it). Al just looking for bigger f!ghts.

Home      

most viewed right now
+181online now  40
Image(s) inside This art chick has the best body i've seen all year, Damn!
153 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+20online now  39
audio inside T Pain Didn't Use Auto Tune For 98% Of "I'm In Love With A Stripper"
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+183online now  33
Image(s) inside Phat Asian Ass
63 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  22
Article inside Galaxy S10'X' could cost between $1,425 to $1,600
56 comments
20 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+91online now  13
Image(s) inside First official photos from day 1 of filming Bad Boys 4 Life.
85 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+16online now  10
Article inside Nas says Jay-z was aware of R. Kelly’s Actions in Unearthed 2002 Inte..
141 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+51online now  10
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME Trailer
115 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+27online now  9
LEGENDARY MOMENT: 50 Cent surprises Lloyd Banks on stage, crowd goes wild