Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

Is this crossing the line?

08-04-2007, 10:36 PM         #1
13693 page views
388 comments

luda06 
Props total:    Slaps total:  
Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?

http://www.blacklooks.org .. nt_evil_5.html

The new Resident Evil video game depicts a white man in what appears to be Africa k*lling Black people. The Black people are supposed to be zombies and the white mans job is to destroy them and save humanity. I have a job to do and Im gonna see it through.

This is problematic on so many levels, including the depiction of Black people as inhuman savages, the k*lling of Black people by a white man in military clothing, and the fact that this video game is marketed to children and young adults. Start them young fearing, hating, and destroying Black people.
Capcom is crossing the line with this one. Racism is high among gamers from what I can tell. Logging on to Xbox live to play a game, I'd come across people calling me a zzzzzz and other racial slurs. You can't turn on the tv without someone sterotyping black people these days, Hip-Hop, Don Imus, Viacom (BET). Putting this game amongst ignorant people is just going to create more racial tension.

best
worst
388 comments

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+130online now  38
Jun 18 - All employees quit family dollar in Pittsburgh and leave sign on the ..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+69online now  33
Creepiest thing you ever experienced?
240 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+79online now  16
Found out he's not the father after 7 yrs
223 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+55online now  12
I've been addicted to P0RN for 20 years mane!!!!
162 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy