Jan 10 - SO MUCH WINNING: Sen. B!tch McConnell BLOCKS approved House bills to reopen gov't

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 months ago '04        #26
TizOnly1 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$8,883 | Props total: 14853 14853
 Bandito said
Not sure they have enough votes to override a veto. Dems are still scrambling to get enough Republican votes for a simple majority.
Senate already passed an appropriations bill 2 weeks ago literally 100-0. Before Trump flip flop Ed and said he wouldn't sign, then they burried it.

This is 100% on Trump.
+10   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '17        #27
Naga Sadow 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,132 | Props total: 46111 46111
 Skateboard T said
It’s because McConnell’s constituency is heavy trump base.

At this point there’s no way you can put this shutdown on dems they’ve tried so many times to reopen the government, even partial reopening reserving border security for a later debate...
It's almost like they want to make the rest of the country like their poor red states and think we're as stupid as the people who support them.
+2   

2 months ago '12        #28
Heisenberg 139 heat pts139
space
space
$21,686 | Props total: 28680 28680
 BathWaterMelody said
people are disgusting. will be a great day when a rock comes and wipes us out

2 months ago '05        #29
outkast 3 heat pts
space
space
$503 | Props total: 659 659
 Sin said
They don’t care because it doesn’t effect them personally
*affect

That's what I've learned over the years. Same thing with those Trump votes that say they wished they had not voted for him when their job moves out of the country or when they're sick and there's no more Obamacare.

They don't give a sh*t, they could've had this attempted to approve the bill when Republicans had the house and senate if they care this bad.

At this point Dems will seem weak if they give just to help these folks get a paycheck.
+5   

2 months ago '17        #30
Ifeellikekobe 109 heat pts109
space
space
$7,680 | Props total: 33635 33635
Where are those turning point USA dweebs?

2 months ago '10        #31
Bandito 173 heat pts173
space
space
space
$7,671 | Props total: 16921 16921
 TizOnly1 said
Senate already passed an appropriations bill 2 weeks ago literally 100-0. Before Trump flip flop Ed and said he wouldn't sign, then they burried it.

This is 100% on Trump.
Are you talking about H.R. 695? That passed the Senate 48-47. They literally didn't have one vote to spare. It got fu*ked up when it went back to the House and they added funding for the wall and the Senate wouldn't pass it.

2 months ago '04        #32
regularjoe 62 heat pts62
space
space
$39,230 | Props total: 18649 18649
 AllWins said
5 billion for border security is all it takes. Dems should just pass that along. It’s not much money on the grand scheme of a budget. They’re holding onto “but you said..” . I think they are losing politically on this. They looked really weak on that response to trumps addresss this week. Even when they are on the correct side of the argument here, IMO.

I say they approve the funding, let it move forward and move on to the next battle. What’s happening now is not a win for blue team. To be clear I want dems to win, I just don’t think this is helping the case.
I feel bad for you. You don't get that you don't get it.

You think the people not budging to our President acting like a child because of a promise he made but can't keep?
+2   

2 months ago '04        #33
TizOnly1 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
 Bandito said
Are you talking about H.R. 695? That passed the Senate 48-47. They literally didn't have one vote to spare. It got fu*ked up when it went back to the House and they added funding for the wall and the Senate wouldn't pass it.
Not talking about HR anything. This was the Senate continuing resolution.. not a House bill.

Senate passed a continuing resolution to fund the government until February. Passed by voice vote with zero dissenters.

Then Trump k*lled it by tweet the next morning.
+5   

2 months ago '17        #34
AllWins 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,532 | Props total: 6262 6262
 regularjoe said
I feel bad for you. You don't get that you don't get it.

You think the people not budging to our President acting like a child because of a promise he made but can't keep?
Relax lol Why are they not budging?

2 months ago '14        #35
Sphynx 161 heat pts161
space
space
$11,604 | Props total: 42387 42387
 HUDA2daF said
What's gon happen to them federal prison guards
They scared of “Mexican rapist” crossing the border. Meanwhile across the country inmates plotting and planning prison breaks while nobody getting paid to give a fu*k
+6   

2 months ago '04        #36
regularjoe 62 heat pts62
space
space
$39,230 | Props total: 18649 18649
 AllWins said
Relax lol Why are they not budging?
Bc for starters, the wall isn't a good idea for "keeping the illegals out".

Secondly, he's throwing a fit.... like a child. "Give me what I want or I'll make the country worse by shutting down the government". This is the leader of the free world doing this.

Third, it's not fiscally responsible.
+4   

2 months ago '05        #37
Gully Reloaded 
space
space
$1,347 | Props total: 2497 2497
 mars15 said
It’s crazy how they can keep a portion of their employer shut down and still get paid their six figures.

Yet people are out here about to lose their house, car, food on the table.

Such a fu*ked up system.
It's such bullsh*t and a clear indication of fu*kery in our political system.

I have no idea how we would go about changing this though - but it certainly needs to be changed. Even with their huge salaries I guarantee shutdowns wouldn't happen for long.
+1   

2 months ago '10        #38
Bandito 173 heat pts173
space
space
space
$7,671 | Props total: 16921 16921
 TizOnly1 said
Not talking about HR anything. This was the Senate continuing resolution.. not a House bill.

Senate passed a continuing resolution to fund the government until February. Passed by voice vote with zero dissenters.

Then Trump k*lled it by tweet the next morning.
That is H.R. 695. All spending legislation begins in the House.

The Senate was agreeing to the House Bill (with added amendments by the Senate) and sending it back to them.

The House got the Senate version and added 5 billion for the wall. It died when it went back to the Senate. Mitch was trying to get votes to pass it the day before Democrats took over the House and failed.

2 months ago '04        #39
TizOnly1 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
 Bandito said
That is H.R. 695. All spending legislation begins in the House.

The Senate was agreeing to the House Bill (with added amendments by the Senate) and sending it back to them.

The House got the Senate version and added 5 billion for the wall. It died when it went back to the Senate. Mitch was trying to get votes to pass it the day before Democrats took over the House and failed.
The point is a clean CR was going to pass. Trump then pushed for his little wall. Which is to say, the votes DO exist to override the veto if it comes down to it. They were willing to vote 100-0 for a clean CR without border wall funding.

Once this drags on for a while longer, Senate Republicans absolutely will turn on Trump and pass the sh*t they were gonna pass to begin with.
+2   

2 months ago '07        #40
Jeet Kune Do 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,499 | Props total: 3610 3610
What trump suckers dont understand is that longterm, that wall is costing us money. Upkeep, repairs, etc.

Short sighted f*ggots
+4   

2 months ago '08        #41
MotorBoat Jones 
space
space
$675 | Props total: 548 548
Yeah. As much as Trump is a dummy only compelled to ask for astronomical wall funding because Rush, Coulter, and those other hacks are demanding it of him is crazy.... But Mitch is the main reason the government is shut down.

Shut downs like these need to be tied to Congress's pay somehow. A severe penalty needs to be served up with every passing day... kind of like athletes that are given technical fouls have to pay out a pocket for it.
+4   

2 months ago '16        #42
BathWaterMelody 42 heat pts42 OP
space
space
$6,929 | Props total: 25565 25565
 Heisenberg said
people are disgusting. will be a great day when a rock comes and wipes us out
true.

but understand that pic is less fault on the people and more on the powers-that-be who pay the people to clean that sh*t up

same with the guards at the federal prisons. something's bound to run amuck.

2 months ago '12        #43
OldBusiness 176 heat pts176
space
space
$28,654 | Props total: 48119 48119

[video - click to view]

+2   

2 months ago '09        #44
messy marv stan 5199 heat pts5199
space
space
$70,427 | Props total: 114537 114537
 MotorBoat Jones said
Yeah. As much as Trump is a dummy only compelled to ask for astronomical wall funding because Rush, Coulter, and those other hacks are demanding it of him is crazy.... But Mitch is the main reason the government is shut down.

Shut downs like these need to be tied to Congress's pay somehow. A severe penalty needs to be served up with every passing day... kind of like athletes that are given technical fouls have to pay out a pocket for it.

i say a $5000 fine each day for the 1st week. $10k a day for week 2. then a $25k daily penalty for each subsequent week they dont do sh*t. i gaurantee the phony shutdown would be over in 7 - 10 days
+3   

2 months ago '17        #45
AllWins 3 heat pts
space
space
 regularjoe said
Bc for starters, the wall isn't a good idea for "keeping the illegals out".

Secondly, he's throwing a fit.... like a child. "Give me what I want or I'll make the country worse by shutting down the government". This is the leader of the free world doing this.

Third, it's not fiscally responsible.
I said they (the Dems) are on the correct side of the argument.

Again, I have no issues with the dem’s principles here. My concern is that this ends up hurting the dems politically*. Thinking about 2020 race, which has already started.

For the uninformed person, the swing voter, this is a winning issue for trump. That was proved in 2016. So the dems can be accurate in the stance, but lose out in the polls.

I don’t think this battle is worth it for the Dems.

Last edited by AllWins; 01-10-2019 at 04:04 PM..

2 months ago '06        #46
Skateboard T 49 heat pts49
space
space
$25,064 | Props total: 38526 38526
 AllWins said
5 billion for border security is all it takes. Dems should just pass that along. It’s not much money on the grand scheme of a budget. They’re holding onto “but you said..” . I think they are losing politically on this. They looked really weak on that response to trumps addresss this week. Even when they are on the correct side of the argument here, IMO.

I say they approve the funding, let it move forward and move on to the next battle. What’s happening now is not a win for blue team. To be clear I want dems to win, I just don’t think this is helping the case.

This is literally the main thing congress was created for.

The house has passed a bill.
Enough Republicans in the senate have said that they will vote yes on the spending bill if McConnell brings it to a vote.
We have a bill to reopen the government, waiting to be voted on, that WILL pass.

The only two things that are preventing this are:
1. McConnell refusing to allow a vote; and
2. The President refusing to sign it.

Die-hards on either side will of course point fingers at the other, but moderates are looking at this entire thing and seeing a congress who is ready to open the government and a president who refuses to let it happen unless he gets his way.

When this is all said and done this will have hurt republicans more than it will have hurt democrats.
+4   

2 months ago '15        #47
AdRock 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,899 | Props total: 9396 9396
He’s k*lling any chance he may have had at re-election. He can’t afford to lose ANY of his base, he loses 10% he’s in the kow 20’’s... the Base alone can’t keep him in office, he needs the 90% republican support, & he’s fu*king a lot of them
Over hard financially in multiple ways... that’s the one thing that can even make the dimmest wits flip... take their bread directly out their pocket... and Michael Cohen about to drop the Nuke bomb to the House & the World... borrowed time Fam. And all of that is a*suming Mueller doesn’t make him resign anyway... these diehards that are obsessed with him, they alone can’t give him the nod
+3   

2 months ago '17        #48
AllWins 3 heat pts
space
space
 Skateboard T said
This is literally the main thing congress was created for.

The house has passed a bill.
Enough Republicans in the senate have said that they will vote yes on the spending bill if McConnell brings it to a vote.
We have a bill to reopen the government, waiting to be voted on, that WILL pass.

The only two things that are preventing this are:
1. McConnell refusing to allow a vote; and
2. The President refusing to sign it.

When this is all said and done this will have hurt republicans more than it will have hurt democrats.
I agree with that. Just worried that this situation (giving 5b versus the 1.5 or whatever dems are offering now) is worth it.

I worry that dems can be correct, on the right side of arguement, and justified, but still lose out in the poitcal game. Ay I hope you’re right tho.

2016 proved the wall is a winning issue. Ya trump has lied constantly about it and everything else, but him calling for a wall still works. The uninformed swing voter still eats that bs up.

Dems need to stop worrying about being correct and how bad trump is and start Angeling for the 2020 election. They do not need to win over the people they arealdy have, need to expand.

And my point of view is what the dems need to do to win, which is what I prefer to happen.

2 months ago '17        #49
AllWins 3 heat pts
space
space
 AdRock said
He’s k*lling any chance he may have had at re-election. He can’t afford to lose ANY of his base, he loses 10% he’s in the kow 20’’s... the Base alone can’t keep him in office, he needs the 90% republican support, & he’s fu*king a lot of them
Over hard financially in multiple ways... that’s the one thing that can even make the dimmest wits flip... take their bread directly out their pocket... and Michael Cohen about to drop the Nuke bomb to the House & the World... borrowed time Fam. And all of that is a*suming Mueller doesn’t make him resign anyway... these diehards that are obsessed with him, they alone can’t give him the nod
I think 2020 will not be decided on the two bases of support, but in the middle. The 2016 polls showed a wide expansion of the alt vote (non dem or repub). Dems just need to put a mildly competent person up who is not radical and they should skate through. I wish I had more optimism that they will do that. We’ll see.

2 months ago '09        #50
NLSP42 200 heat pts200
space
space
$10,068 | Props total: 15827 15827
 TizOnly1 said

This is 100% on Trump.
And McConnell approved that.....now he isn't signing anything that he agreed 3 weeks ago

Home      

most viewed right now
+74online now  33
Being ugly: my experience... Damn.
110 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+60online now  33
NBA Lonzo Ball DELETE & UNFOLLOW LAVAR BALL, BBB, (LaMelo Say "THANK 4 GETTIN ..
256 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+49online now  28
Video inside Simpsons Clips That Get You Every time...
73 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+16online now  16
Video inside I Just Watched US. Help me figure it out! (Spoiler Alerts)
170 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy