SMH:Africa Has Been Bought And Paid For

most viewed right now
+66  48
28 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+23  31
71 comments @hiphop

section  x2   |  1 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

New replies show every 10 seconds
 3 days ago '05        #151
LBoogie2122  21 heat pts21
space
space
$5,984 | Props total: 4018 4018
 4REAL said
People like @ @ @ @ @ that push this rhetoric are people that I suspect are white supremacists who want black people to remain in the system of white supremacy instead of building our connection with the continent.

It seems like whenever we talk about people black people in America going back to Africa to rebuild, it's idiots like this that come out of nowhere and talk about their experience with Africans in America. Guess what, no one cares about your experience with Africans in America. Your experience with Africans who come abroad is not relevant to the experience you will have with Africans abroad.
Stop trying to correlate the 2. Just because a minority group comes to the U.S. and doesn't necessarily care to a*sociate with hood culture does not mean you will be shunned by Africans on the continent. Stop the simple minded
logic. Second, you don't speak for all Africans abroad. I have Africans consistently telling me to go back home and visit my roots, and that's what I plan to do. Stop painting people with a broad brush because I know Africans that tell me that African-Americans don't like them and make them feel welcomed here in the U.S. And I tell them the same thing – Don't paint with broad strokes. People like @ that say they had an actual experience in Africa and came in contact with the people there is the person that you should listen to if you want to hear about actual engagement with African Americans with Africa on the CONTINENT. Keyword: CONTINENT. Don't tell us about your experience with African immigrants in D.C. or anywhere in the U.S. and try to apply it to the people that are actually living there. It's

i am a black man who is down for his people %110 percent, not on no racist sh*t either i believe every group or culture of people should be proud of who they are and work together

like how other groups stick together and thrive i want the same for us

we as a people come from different cultures, carribean, african, african american and so on

but what alot of africans dont realize is that we all black and we all suffer the same injustice worldwide

like i said i have many african friends, from ghana, liberia, nigeria, guinea sh*t i had a cute lil french speaking shorty from cote d'ivoire

ive sat in their homes and broke bread, had dinner with their families, ate the fufu with my hands with the hot pepper soup an all that

and as a man of respect who enjoys respectful conversation, ive been told the reality, here in america they taught not to fu*kk with us when they come

i live in staten island ny, im pretty sure here, and minnesota is where alot of my peoples from africa started off and ive been to the parties with them, baby showers and all of that and sometimes i can feel the looks, the disdain from the men when im talking to the ladies

basically im like that one black guy at the party...in a party full of black people smh

maybe you not out here with them everyday but i am fam, my thing is lifes hard enough when you have to earn a basic right to be mutually respected as an equal human being from others

why my brothers and cousins gotta put me in that box too?

Last edited by LBoogie2122; 09-12-2019 at 12:45 AM..
+5   

3 days ago '04        #152
UF4Soldier  136 heat pts136
space
space
$21,627 | Props total: 15452 15452
 LBoogie2122 said
i am a black man who is down for his people %110 percent, not on no racist sh*t either i believe every group or culture of people should be proud of who they are and work together

we as a people come from different cultures, carribean, african, african american and so on

but what alot of africans dont realize is that we all black and we all suffer the same injustice worldwide

like i said i have many african friends, from ghana, liberia, nigeria, guinea sh*t i had a cute lil french speaking shorty from cote d'ivoire

ive sat in their homes and broke bread, had dinner with their families, ate the fufu with my hands with the hot pepper soup an all that

and as a man of respect who enjoys respectful conversation, ive been told the reality, here in america they taught not to fu*kk with us when they come

i live in staten island ny, im pretty sure here, and minnesota is where alot of my peoples from africa started off and ive been to the parties with them, baby showers and all of that and sometimes i can feel the looks, the disdain from the men when im talking to the ladies

basically im like that one black guy at the party...in a party full of black people smh

maybe you not out here with them everyday but i am fam, my thing is lifes hard enough when you have to earn a basic right to be mutually respected as an equal human being from others

Much love for breaking that down.
+2   

3 days ago '05        #153
4REAL  4 heat pts4
space
space
$18,209 | Props total: 13291 13291
 SPLEEK said
This is somewhat true. When I first got there due to the business I was in (precious metals & diamonds) I Was driven around in a bullet proof land cruiser. After about a week of mingling I realized that was overkill and started to relax. Then soon after I was shopping at the market by myself speaking English and broken French to get sh*t done. When I started to drive I was targeted by local police for bribes cause they thought I was from an opposing tribe(Mandinka). Once they realized I was American the fine tripled. Never had threats of violence or felt intimidated. Always looked like I had money and never felt as if I couldn’t do as I please.
One thing I've heard is that Americans, unfortunately, are usually targets for bribes and being charged extra in the marketplace. This is why when you go there, you have to not be so flashy and try to blend in but this may be hard for black people, from abroad, due to the type of clothing they wear. And some times, skin shade and certain features can give a black person's identity away to a native in the country.

In many parts of sub-Sahara Africa, the lighter a black person is, the easier they can be identified as a non-native. However, even if identified as an American, it's not really that common for an American to be targeted for robbery and or violence. You can be a victim of theft, when no one is around, but I've never heard any cases of Africans from the diaspora being a victim of gunpoint robbery on the continent.

3 days ago '05        #154
4REAL  4 heat pts4
space
space
 LBoogie2122 said

I'm not denying the experience but the moron that derailed this thread, with the comment about Africans on the continent not wanting African-Americans there, is juxtaposing two completely different topics which is disingenuous. Going to Africa and getting the experience there is a completely different topic than how American blacks interact with Africans in America. Look, I've heard the same thing as well from other Africans about staying away from American blacks, but it's not only Africans. Every group that comes to the U.S tries to stick to themselves from Jamaicans, Trinidadians, Dominicans, Koreans, Pakistanis, etc. All groups that come to the United States aren't here to necessarily mingle or make friends with African-Americans. They come here with a goal in mind, and often times they think that mingling with African-Americans can be a distraction to that goal. However, Africans are the only group bold enough to let us know, which I respect. But again, that has nothing to do with Africans in America. We are talking about this because some tool decided to use this thread to spread propaganda.

Just because you may feel out of place with Africans, or African men at parties, in the U.S. does not mean that you will feel the same way with Africans on the continent. I know a lot of Africans also, and what you describe as "disdain" or hate is not what I would call it: that's too harsh of a description. I believe there is a disassociation and disconnect. But how can you on one hand co-sign that idiot's comment but then in the same breathe, proceed to say that you've been to African settings, ate dinner with African families, and had social conversations with them about Africans and African Americans? If Africans don't mess with African-Americans, then how did you get a chance to do those things with them? Will a group of people that really really really hate you let you get that close to them?

I've seen many other African Americans, as myself, in African settings and they often look out of place or stick out as a sore thumb, and I can feel that they may feel like outsiders or not completely welcomed. I'm guessing maybe that's how you feel some times. However, I view that as a culture-language barrier, especially in those settings. You can never feel completely immersed with people speaking in a completely different accent combined with their local language. Africans often speak their own local languages and if you don't understand it, then you'll be out of the loop. Maybe that is what you are feeling from the men. I'm just guessing that based on my own experience dealing with Africans and foreigners in general. Or maybe the men thought you were attractive enough (pause) to become a threat, in terms of chasing the women, which is outside of the scope of "Africans hate American blacks." That is male competitiveness combined with culture barrier, perhaps.

However, I think there is a lot of generalization going on and I can't stand when people correlate their experience with one group of people somewhere and apply that elsewhere. I've spoken to Africans in the USA that tell me that African-Americans don't like them or mess with them also, and I tell them the same thing. I tell them that there is a cultural disconnect and to generalize all African Americans based on their interactions with a few rude or ignorant ones.

Last edited by 4REAL; 09-12-2019 at 08:05 AM..

3 days ago '04        #155
space
space
 4REAL said
I'm not denying the experience but the moron that derailed this thread, with the comment about Africans on the continent not wanting African-Americans there, has nothing to do with the experience of engagement between Africans in America and African Americans. I've heard the same thing as well from other Africans, but it's not only Africans. Every group that comes to the U.S tries to stick to themselves from Jamaicans, Trinidadians, Dominicans, Koreans, Pakistanis, etc. All groups that come to the United States aren't here to necessarily mingle or make friends with African-Americans. They come here with a goal in mind, and often times they think that mingling with African-Americans can be a distraction to that goal. However, Africans are the only group bold enough to let us know, which I respect. But again, that has nothing to do with Africans in Africa. We are talking about this because some tool decided to use this thread to spread propaganda.

Just because you may feel out of place with Africans, or African men at parties, in the U.S. does not mean that you will feel the same way with Africans on the continent. I know a lot of Africans also, and what you describe as "disdain" or hate is not what I would call it: that's too harsh of a description. I believe there is a disassociation and disconnect. But how can you on one hand co-sign that idiot's comment but then in the same breathe, proceed to say that you've been to African settings, ate dinner with African families, and had social conversations with them about Africans and African Americans? If Africans don't mess with African-Americans, then how did you get a chance to do those things with them? Will a group of people that really really really hate you let you get that close to them?

I've seen many other African Americans, as myself, in African settings and they often look out of place or stick out as a sore thumb, and I can feel that they may feel like outsiders or not completely welcomed. I'm guessing maybe that's how you feel some times. However, I view that as a culture-language barrier, especially in those settings. You can never feel completely immersed with people speaking in a completely different accent combined with their local language. Africans often speak their own local languages and if you don't understand it, then you'll be out of the loop. Maybe that is what you are feeling from the men. I'm just guessing that based on my own experience dealing with Africans and foreigners in general. Or maybe the men thought you were attractive enough (pause) to become a threat, in terms of chasing the women, which is outside of the scope of "Africans hate American blacks." That is male competitiveness combined with culture barrier, perhaps.

However, I think there is a lot of generalization going on and I can't stand when people correlate their experience with one group of people somewhere and apply that elsewhere. I've spoken to Africans in the USA that tell me that African-Americans don't like them or mess with them also, and I tell them the same thing. I tell them that there is a cultural disconnect and to generalize all African Americans based on their interactions with a few rude or ignorant ones.

Ain’t no Wakanda homie.

Go there in droves and I can guaradamtee there will be a issue.

n*ggaz can’t get along with each other in America and you really think a proud country like Africa gone have us come thru there destroying it with our ways of standing in line for chicken.

Y’all mistake talking and kicking it with Africans as some sort of invitation. Like I said. American blacks have no culture. These people do and do not think every brother is a brother the way we see it in America..
+1   

3 days ago '05        #156
4REAL  4 heat pts4
space
space
 UF4Soldier said
Ain’t no Wakanda homie.
What exactly is a "Wakanda?" And who said there was?

UF4Soldier said
Go there in droves and I can guaradamtee there will be a issue.
In droves? Have you even been there by yourself before talking about people going there in droves? I bet you haven't, so please stop trying to force your "they don't like us" poison on other black people.

UF4Soldier said
n*ggaz can’t get along with each other in America and you really think a proud country like Africa
Africa is not a country, you imbecile. You have a coward's way of thinking. With the way you're alluding to "them not wanting us there," it's like you're saying that Africans will ethnically cleanse us or will stone us to death when we get there. You have an affinity towards fear and this is why black people, like you, are stuck where you are in life and go nowhere, both physically and mentally.

UF4Soldier said
gone have us come thru there destroying it with our ways of standing in line for chicken.
So all black people do in America is stand in line for chicken? Really? So now you're doing the African Americans love chicken stereotype. Is all you do is propagate stereotypes and force a*sertions? Is that all you're good for? You sound like a white supremacists here to push stereotypes and further division.

UF4Soldier said
Y’all mistake talking and kicking it with Africans as some sort of invitation.
Whether we talk and kick if with Africans or whether they stay away from us or not, we don't live our lives based on what Africans in America, or others, in general, think. Africa is one of our ancestral homelands. We have a right to go there when we want to or not. Whether an African in the U.S., likes us there or not is irrelevant and is not my concern or shouldn't be the concern of any black man abroad.

UF4Soldier said
Like I said. American blacks have no culture.
Yes, we do have culture. We have a lot of culture. Our music, fashion, and lifestyle is mimicked all over the globe. We, black people, are the culture of the United States. We built America for people with a Caribbean immigrant background, as yourself, to come here and say that "American blacks have no culture." You're not a true African American, so don't try and represent African Americans.

UF4Soldier said
These people do and do not think every brother is a brother the way we see it in America..
So what? Do you think that every black person in America views another black immigrant as a brother? Everyone is not a monolith. Stop putting people in a vacuum. What one person doesn't like doesn't speak for everyone. I don't need every person that's in Africa to be 100% unanimous in deciding whether or not if African Americans are invited to the party. No one needs to live their lives based on what other people think.

Last edited by 4REAL; 09-12-2019 at 08:06 AM..

3 days ago '04        #157
space
space
 4REAL said
What exactly is a "Wakanda?" And who said there was?

In droves? Have you even been there by yourself before talking about people going there in droves? I bet you haven't, so please stop trying to force your "they don't like us" poison on other black people.

Africa is not a country, you imbecile. You have a coward's way of thinking. With the way you're alluding to "them not wanting us there," it's like you're saying that Africans will ethnically cleanse us or will stone us to death when we get there. You have an affinity towards fear and this is why black people, like you, are stuck where you are in life and go nowhere, both physically and mentally.

So all black people do in America is stand in line for chicken? Really? So now you're doing the African Americans love chicken stereotype. Is all you do is propagate stereotypes and force a*sertions? Is that all you're good for? You sound like a white supremacists here to push stereotypes and further division.

Whether we talk and kick if with Africans or whether they stay away from us or not, we don't live our lives based on what Africans in America, or others, in general, think. Africa is one of our ancestral homelands. We have a right to go there when we want to or not. Whether an African in the U.S., likes us there or not is irrelevant and is not my concern or shouldn't be the concern of any black man abroad.

Yes, we do have culture. We have a lot of culture. Our music, fashion, and lifestyle is mimicked all over the globe. We, black people, are the culture of the United States. We built America for people with a Caribbean immigrant background, as yourself, to come here and say that "American blacks have no culture." You're not a true African American, so don't try and represent African Americans.

So what? Do you think that every black person in America views another black immigrant as a brother? Everyone is not a monolith. Stop putting people in a vacuum. What one person doesn't like doesn't speak for everyone. I don't need every person that's in Africa to be 100% unanimous in deciding whether or not if African Americans are invited to the party. No one needs to live their lives based on what other people think.

Like I said before. WTH u doing in America then. Gone head over there. I for one ain’t going nowhere. Only scared talk is moving to another CONTINENT cause “White Supremacy” is “holding you back”.

3 days ago '05        #158
4REAL  4 heat pts4
space
space
 UF4Soldier said
Like I said before. WTH u doing in America then. Gone head over there. I for one ain’t going nowhere. Only scared talk is moving to another CONTINENT cause “White Supremacy” is “holding you back”.
That's ironic seeing that you migrated here from the Caribbean instead of fixing your homeland. The U.S. is not your ancestral homeland, so stop talking over your head. You came here when this country was allocating resources to help support you and your kind. You never built or fought for anything in your homeland which is why you came here where the bed was already made. I, for one, plan to leave my comfort in the U.S. and plan on getting in touch with my roots and build on the continent. Doing that is a harder feat as opposed to you running to a first world nation where everything is laid out.

Are you even man enough to go back to the third world nation that you root from to rebuild? Clearly not - If you won't resettle in your family's place of origin to help rebuild there, then clearly you don't have it in you to build in a place like Africa. That is fine. I wouldn't want a lazy person like you in Africa anyway. Continue to live directly under the thumb of American white supremacy, with white mommy and daddy, if you wish. But don't come here and try to spread your nonsense to deter other black people from wanting to step foot on the continent. I've come across many rude Caribbeans; According to your logic, I guess that means that I'm not wanted in the Caribbean, correct? Next time, don't conflate your experience and propagate a stereotype. If you're not about black people coming together, then stay out of the way and stay out of these conversations.

Last edited by 4REAL; 09-12-2019 at 02:10 PM..

New replies show every 10 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+89online now  21
Carter 5 original leaked...
178 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+23online now  10
Image(s) inside Sep 13 - We just witnessed ‘one of the most explicitly racist moments ..
240 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+68online now  9
Video inside 10 Things Deleted From Avengers Endgame Script. Cap got his wig split....
61 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  6
Video inside Killer Mike says cannibis can be used as reparations for black folks
180 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy